Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon & Css Olympia von Arco-Zinneberg;19 Oct. 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I think the sisters dress a bit “glitzy” for their respective ages I am impressed that they always appear as a close knit foursome with their parents. That says a great deal about both them and their parents.

I am sorry its a bit of a stretch to say we know the 'values' of the Castro kids. We see photos of them at parties, that is maybe 10 percent of their life. To say they are nothing but airhead valueless Barbie dolls as some portray them, based off the social events they attend, is shallow at best.

They are private citizens, who represent no country and no people. If they attend fashion shows and events, that is their choice.

It seems highly unlikely mother and daughter would feud over the duke's daughters wearing short dresses.

I agree overall. And yet a value that seems fairly clearly in evidence - both in the Castro mother and her daughters - is appearance. (This is not a judgment. Believe me, I am no one to judge them or anyone else). It's only that it seems fairly clear that they care a very great deal about how they appear to others on the outside... so much so, that it gives them something of an artificial air... and it leaves others wondering about whether they devote as much attention to their inside... to the substance of who they are as human beings. It's the artificial poses in photographs, the staged video of them making an entrance and descending the stairs. It's possible that they're deeply grounded human beings, but in any case they seem highly invested in/worried about how they appear to others... to the point where it's counterproductive.

For what it's worth, I agree that it seems unlikely that whatever disagreements might exist in the family would have to do with the length of dresses. This is all speculation. I have seen *so* many facts misrepresented about the newlyweds... ranging from where they met (allegedly in Paris during her junior year abroad, as opposed to Felix's 18th birthday party when they were teenagers), how old they are (some show him as being younger when he's not), whether he is a direct descendant of Napoleon or she a direct descendant of Marie-Louise (no... the relationships are lateral)... and the list goes on.

The wedding day of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon and Princess Olympia was October 19th. October 19th is also the birthday of Prince Charles Napoleon, the father of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon. October 19th is also the birthday of Princess Catherine Napoleon, the aunt of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon.

I wonder if the wedding date has been specially selected ;)

The wedding day of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon and Princess Olympia was October 19th. October 19th is also the birthday of Prince Charles Napoleon, the father of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon. October 19th is also the birthday of Princess Catherine Napoleon, the aunt of Prince Jean-Christophe Napoleon.

Yesterday was their third-year anniversary, congratulations to the couple.

Wedding of Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon, and Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinneberg

Prince Napoleon and Countess Olympia Arco - Oct 19, 2019

The wedding guest list seemed to be over whelmingly non-reigning Catholic royalty and aristocrats. I was not at all surprised not to see anyone from the Scandinavian Houses present. I was surprised and delighted to see Beatrice of York.

I was also surprised NOT to see any of the Casiraghi-Grimaldi of Monaco, since Prince Albert has always appeared fairly chummy with French Royals including the Bonapartes.

But perhaps Prince Christian of Hanover was unofficially representing his step-family by his presence.

ETA: An evening ball at Fontainebleau sounds like pure old school 18th century magic! I so hope we get lots of photos...
Prince Christian of Hanover has mutual friends with Jean-Christophe. I don’t think he was representing the Grimaldi’s. Princess Beatrice is friends with Olympia’s cousin, Amedeo and is friends with some continental aristocrats.

Back
Top Bottom