Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon & Css Olympia von Arco-Zinneberg;19 Oct. 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: My feelings on the gown depend on which angle it was photographed from. In some photos it is really very elegant.

I wonder if the princess removed the capelet and veil and wore the strapless version for the evening party?

It really is a beautiful if unusual dress in the bare shoulder version.

:previous: My feelings on the gown depend on which angle it was photographed from. In some photos it is really very elegant.

I wonder if the princess removed the capelet and veil and wore the strapless version for the evening party?

It really is a beautiful if unusual dress in the bare shoulder version.

She did !

https://i.imgur.com/WJuyg4e.jpg

:previous: Beautiful! I had hoped she would leave her bandeau style tiara in place without the veil for the ball, but she is still lovely!:flowers:

According to Marlene's blog the groom's elder sister was absent from the wedding. His other two sisters -Sophie and Ahn- were there.

According to Marlene's blog the groom's elder sister was absent from the wedding. His other two sisters -Sophie and Ahn- were there.

I guess the suggestion by a poster that one of the flowergirls was his niece Elvire was wrong. If her mother was not there.

I didn't think so really anyways. None of the girls looked old enough to be 9.

Perfect without the cape. I didn't like the cape, I think it would have been prettier with a cape in plain fabric.

Without the cape it feels like the dress might drop any moment (which I already noticed when she had her arms up with the cape). So, still not a fan of the dress. However, as long as the bride and groom loved it, who am I to complain.

Without the cape it feels like the dress might drop any moment (which I already noticed when she had her arms up with the cape). So, still not a fan of the dress. However, as long as the bride and groom loved it, who am I to complain.

The bodice is indeed cut very low and very tight, even on the model in the de la Renta atelier photo.

It's decidedly NOT a gown meant to be worn by well-endowed women.....Princess Napoleon is the opposite of voluptuous, but seemed one bad angle away from a catastrophic wardrobe malfunction in a few photos..:ohmy:

Yesterday was also the reburial of Queen Mother Helen of Romania so the romanian Royal's couild not attend. Read somewehre that the Duke of Aosta attended it. But Princess Maria Pia of Savoy attended the Wedding together with her son Prince Dimitrii of Yugoslavia.

As for the scandinavian Royal don't think they are close to either the Bonapartes or the brides's Family.

Yes, thank you. I just read from somewhere that The Duke of Aosta was really in attendance at the reburial of his aunt Queen Mother Helen of Romania along with his daughter Princess Mafalda, Baroness Lombardo di San Chirico.

It was really a lavish wedding, indeed.

One of the bride-children was Countess Olympia von Coudenhove-Kalergi, born in 2016, she is the third daughter and third child of Count Dominik von Coudenhove Kalergi and his wife née Princess Adelheid von und zu Liechtenstein.
Her sisters Xenia and Tatiana were also bride-children.

Fontainbleau was a fitting reception location; indeed!

One of the bride-children was Countess Olympia von Coudenhove-Kalergi, born in 2016, she is the third daughter and third child of Count Dominik von Coudenhove Kalergi and his wife née Princess Adelheid von und zu Liechtenstein.
Her sisters Xenia and Tatiana were also bride-children.

Thanks for the info! ?

Another picture gallery from Hollandse Hoogte, with some guests that I did not see elsewhere, among them Princess Sarvath of Jordan & her son Rashid, the duke and duchess in Bavaria, the Fürstin of Waldburg-Zeil, née Dss of Württemberg, the hereditary count Fugger, archduchess Gabriella (sister of AD Karl), prince Leopold of Baden, Pss Maria Astrid of Liechtenstein, prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke Martin and Archduchess Katharina, Sol and Luna de Medina, Pss Mafalda of Hesse-Kassel and Rolf Sachs and the duke of Croÿ.

Sadly the seach does not have a unique url but those interested can use the search engine:

https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl

Last edited:
Another picture gallery from Hollandse Hoogte, with some guests that I did not see elsewhere, among them Princess Sarvath of Jordan & her son Rashid, the duke and duchess in Bavaria, the Fürstin of Waldburg-Zeil, née Dss of Württemberg, the hereditary count Fugger, archduchess Gabriella (sister of AD Karl), prince Leopold of Baden, Pss Maria Astrid of Liechtenstein, prince Joachim of Belgium, Archduke Martin and Archduchess Katharina, Sol and Luna de Medina, Pss Mafalda of Hesse-Kassel and Rolf Sachs and the duke of Croÿ.

Also Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganca was there with her son Prince Philipp and Princess Danica of Yugoslavia, along with her daughters Sol Maria, Countess of Ampurias and Ana Luna, Countess of Ricla:

https://www.alo.rs/resources/images...m i sestrama groficama Lunom i Sol_1000x0.jpg

https://www.alo.rs/resources/images/0000/219/841/11_1000x0.jpg

https://www.alo.rs/resources/images...om Princezom Marijom de Gloriom_1000x1000.jpg

Here are photos and a video from inside the reception at Fontainebleau... courtesy of Maria Chiara of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, who posted them on her Instagram... which allowed the Daily Mail (of all sources) to pick them up. Alas.

The hanging flower arrangements are unusual and very beautiful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ophe-Napoleon-Bonaparte-Countess-Olympia.html

As i heard, Princess Caroline (Prince Napoléon's sister) was not at the wedding due to a long time feud with their mother, princess Beatrice, concerning the somewhat outrageaous lifestyle and multiple indiscretions from the Two Sicilles clan.
I begin to understand why ...

And as i expected, the dinner was served in the Galerie des Cerfs :

http://www.chateau-fontainebleau-education.fr/images/dossiers/nature_chasse/galerie_cerf01.jpg

Last edited:
And I don't understand. What has happened between them?

Last edited:
:previous: Neither do I. How/why would a feud with your mother make you miss the wedding of your only brother?:ermm:

Here are photos and a video from inside the reception at Fontainebleau... courtesy of Maria Chiara of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, who posted them on her Instagram... which allowed the Daily Mail (of all sources) to pick them up. Alas.

The hanging flower arrangements are unusual and very beautiful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ophe-Napoleon-Bonaparte-Countess-Olympia.html

Well I guess both of the Bourbon Two Sicilies siblings are very young and probably didn't realize they would end up on the daily fail ;)

As i heard, Princess Caroline (Prince Napoléon's sister) was not at the wedding due to a long time feud with their mother, princess Beatrice, concerning the somewhat outrageaous lifestyle and multiple indiscretions from the Two Sicilles clan.
I begin to understand why ...

One can certainly choose to be critical and divisive, at one's own peril. I, for one, am not fully ascetic, and in any case I have no right to cast judgment or innuendo on anyone else. What I saw here was beauty.

I can't see how the vulgar behavior of the Duchess of Castro and her daughters & them flaunting their wealth would poison the relationship between a sister-in-law and a niece so much that one would refuse to attend the wedding of a brother. It is certainly in very bad taste but hardly serious enough to boycot the wedding of a brother who seems to have no problems with it himself. But stranger things have happened of course.

The Duke of Castro has shown his true colours when he betrrayed the Calabria-line of the family after an initial reconciliation. It is possible that we only know the tip of the iceberg of any objections that Pss Caroline may have. At the time of her wedding -which was completely in private- it was said that the princess was sensibly media-shy and valued her privacy.

An Ard Ri said:
Well I guess both of the Bourbon Two Sicilies siblings are very young and probably didn't realize they would end up on the daily fail

I would say their entire social media profile is aimed on making them some sort of socialite like MO of Greece or worse. In how far they themselves are involved with it / are dragged into it by somebody else I do not know. They are certainly still very young.

Last edited:
It is possible that the sight of the royal Kardashians (the Castro clan) disgusts some folks so much, that they simply can not stand to be in one room with them. But indeed, it goes pretty far to stay away from a wedding. Christophe could have solved it by not sending an invitation to the Castros. But all by all, we are talking about a very superficial looking "showy" family. That is their only "sin". In real life royals have to handle or endure folks like Erdogan, Putin, the Saudis or erratic party-crasher Trump. The Castros are totally innocent annoyance at best.

Last edited:
I can't see how the vulgar behavior of the Duchess of Castro and her daughters & them flaunting their wealth would poison the relationship between a sister-in-law and a niece so much that one would refuse to attend the wedding of a brother. It is certainly in very bad taste but hardly serious enough to boycot the wedding of a brother who seems to have no problems with it himself. But stranger things have happened of course.

The Duke of Castro has shown his true colours when he betrrayed the Calabria-line of the family after an initial reconciliation. It is safe to say that we only know the tip of the iceberg of any objections that Pss Caroline may have. At the time of her wedding -which was completely in private- it was said that the princess was sensibly media-shy and valued her privacy.

I would say their entire social media profile is aimed on making them some sort of socialite like MO of Greece or worse. In how far they themselves are involved with it / are dragged into it by somebody else I do not know. They are certainly still very young.

I agree, Marengo.... When I said that I only saw beauty here, I meant in Olympia & Jean-Christophe's wedding and the hanging flower arrangements. No comment on the Castro line. My apologies to Nico if I misunderstood his post.

Last edited:

The Duke of Castro has shown his true colours when he betrrayed the Calabria-line of the family after an initial reconciliation. It is possible that we only know the tip of the iceberg of any objections that Pss Caroline may have. At the time of her wedding -which was completely in private- it was said that the princess was sensibly media-shy and valued her privacy.

I agree. The Castro's profile, for want of a kinder phrase, screams very "Euro trash" to me. I think they probably see themselves as being like the Grimaldis considering that they live in Monaco :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. The Castro's profile, for want of a kinder phrase, screams very "Euro trash" to me. I think they probably see themselves as being like the Grimaldis considering that they live in Monaco :ermm:

There is a big us-knows-us of royals and aristocrats living at the Côte d'Azur, the Costa del Sol and Ibiza with the likes of Gunilla von Bismarck, Hubertus von Hohenlohe, Pierre d'Arenberg, Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and other too tanned, too blond, too flashy royals. The Castros are also in these circles. But apart from that, we can not blame them for anything else than just living the good life to the full max. Apparently Jean-Christophe and Olympia liked their attendance. They invited them.

There is a big us-knows-us of royals and aristocrats living at the Côte d'Azur, the Costa del Sol and Ibiza with the likes of Gunilla von Bismarck, Hubertus von Hohenlohe, Pierre d'Arenberg, Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and other too tanned, too blond, too flashy royals. The Castros are also in these circles. But apart from that, we can not blame them for anything else than just living the good life to the full max. Apparently Jean-Christophe and Olympia liked their attendance. They invited them.

... or perhaps Jean-Christophe has a relationship with his mother and his uncle - the Duke of Castro - that transcends and manages to survive the uncle's choice of wife... and that wife's set of values... which she seems to be transmitting to their daughters. In short, we really don't know anything. These are human beings, mired in the complexities of real relationships (like everyone else), and I think it would be good if we would cut them some slack. We simply don't know.

I am sorry its a bit of a stretch to say we know the 'values' of the Castro kids. We see photos of them at parties, that is maybe 10 percent of their life. To say they are nothing but airhead valueless Barbie dolls as some portray them, based off the social events they attend, is shallow at best.

They are private citizens, who represent no country and no people. If they attend fashion shows and events, that is their choice.

It seems highly unlikely mother and daughter would feud over the duke's daughters wearing short dresses.

Back
Top Bottom