Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a college educated person. I am not anti-intellectual...I am anti those, who by virtue of their education, think they have the right to tell those they consider to be ignorant that they are wrong to believe and/or do X.
/QUOTE]

Only up to a point. The U.S. is starting to have some pretty bad issues with anti-intellectualism. (Congressmen who don't believe in evolution or that global warming is influenced by human activities for example)

I'm with you on Harry, and on his abilities, just not on the more broad statement that we in the U.S. are sick of being told what to do by intellectuals.

Book smarts are good as long as there is some practicality along with it.

Only up to a point. The U.S. is starting to have some pretty bad issues with anti-intellectualism. (Congressmen who don't believe in evolution or that global warming is influenced by human activities for example)

I'm with you on Harry, and on his abilities, just not on the more broad statement that we in the U.S. are sick of being told what to do by intellectuals.

If someone wants to deny evolution that's their right to do so. If someone wants to have their own beliefs about global warming again they have the right to that belief. You not agreeing with them does not mean they are not educated enough. That's the elitist attitude I am talking about.

Here in the midwest we are all pretty sick of the intellectual elites telling us that because we believe in XY and Z that means we are just to stupid and/or not college educated enough to know any better. Guess what we are educated and we are quite comfortable in our beliefs.

Tolerance of other beliefs goes both ways.

LaRae

Let's stay on topic.

As several said, it takes brains to run a helicopter. When I taught in community college, my favorite students were the guys and gals from the vocational side of our college, those studying "practical" subjects. And I especially loved my so-called remedial students, who were often as bright or brighter than those who had "done well" in high school. I ended up with successful students in those classes. I think Harry could be like that...underestimated as to brains.
But he seems to know no one but the so-called "hard partying" folks. There are so many other women out there who could be potential good mates. Thousands of women. He just never gets a chance to meet them because he goes around with the "hard party" people. Here he is a prince of the realm and he's socially deprived. He doesn't meet the best girls.

I'm a college educated person. I am not anti-intellectual...I am anti those, who by virtue of their education, think they have the right to tell those they consider to be ignorant that they are wrong to believe and/or do X.

Helicopter pilots are not stupid. You cannot be stupid and fly that type of machine. Scholastic testing is a subjective thing to begin with (as are IQ tests) so because one does not make top scores in classes does not mean they are dumb or not as smart as the person who does make those top scores.

LaRae

Why do you keep confusing intellectual with intelligence? I'm sure you know the difference!

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

-Isaac Asimov
(End Quote Hermiione)

:) Thank you very much - I'm with you.

Beeing bright and brainy and beeing intellectual are not the same thing. No one wrote, that Harry is stupid. But I haven't seen any sign yet, that he is intellectual (this he shares with most of his family IMHO). It doesn't devalue him, as it doesn't devalue Intellectuals.

If someone wants to deny evolution that's their right to do so. If someone wants to have their own beliefs about global warming again they have the right to that belief. You not agreeing with them does not mean they are not educated enough. That's the elitist attitude I am talking about.

LaRae

I wouldn't call that elitist; all beliefs simply are not equal.
A person, for example, might sincerely believe the world is flat (a theory disproved centuries ago).

Would the people who said he was wrong be considered elitist?

Back to Harry...he might not be academically inclined, but he seems smart and adaptable to circumstances (probably more important for someone in his position).

Ritwittato da Duchess Kate Addict
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 11 h

#PrinceHarry spent the weekend with his ex Chelsy Davy just weeks after finishing with Cressida Bonas reports @TheSunNewspaper
I think it means Harry and Chelsy were at the same wedding as guests. No more

Jacobi is the one who posts these pictures; think he does it to undermine Chelsy and boost his sister?

(They generally don't show Chelsy is a flattering light).

Sarah Ferguson has lovely legs .... that's all I'll say about that!

Nice photographer ... getting just the right angle on Cressida for the "side boob" shot. These people are despicable. Having said that she IS truly a very lovely young woman.

Jacobi is the one who posts these pictures; think he does it to undermine Chelsy and boost his sister?

(They generally don't show Chelsy is a flattering light).

I don't think his "target" is Chelsy, I think it's Harry. What the pictures show above all is that Chelsy is happy and enjoying a great life WITHOUT Harry. Cressida also seems to be doing great without him. Harry is the one who doesn't look very good in this story, you know, the boyfriend who is so bad his girlfriends do much better without him...

Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one thinking these "leaks" have an agenda

I don't think his "target" is Chelsy, I think it's Harry. What the pictures show above all is that Chelsy is happy and enjoying a great life WITHOUT Harry. Cressida also seems to be doing great without him. Harry is the one who doesn't look very good in this story, you know, the boyfriend who is so bad his girlfriends do much better without him...

Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only one thinking these "leaks" have an agenda

Totally agree Julliette. :flowers:

I'll just add that perhaps Jacobi makes the Chelsy photos public to say something like:

"Yeah, that's right dude (Henry), I have her right here...beside me, having sooo much fun...always. And you can't have HER!!!"

Bahahaha! School yard stuff.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of Cressida attending a charity event last night. Sarah and Eugenie were there as well.

Cressida Bonas attends the Art Antiques London Gala Evening in aid of... Nachrichtenfoto 450387910 | Getty Images

Nice photographer ... getting just the right angle on Cressida for the "side boob" shot. These people are despicable. Having said that she IS truly a very lovely young woman.
Sarah and Eugenie both looked lovely but deplorable "side boob" shot or not, Cressida's top is both ugly and immodest from the back. The front view is very attractive.

Last edited:

That is how she dressed - unless you were looking at her straight on from the front, she chose to attend an evening gala and this is the view to which everyone there had - all night. It wasn't a "malfunction."

I think it's vulgar to show up at an event like this with that top - I never think much of women who chose to turn up at events with risque outfits - seems like it's all to draw attention to themselves and make headlines. Actresses do it a lot.

That is how she dressed - unless you were looking at her straight on from the front, she chose to attend an evening gala and this is the view to which everyone there had - all night. It wasn't a "malfunction."

I think it's vulgar to show up at an event like this with that top - I never think much of women who chose to turn up at events with risque outfits - seems like it's all to draw attention to themselves and make headlines. Actresses do it a lot.

I think Cressida is on the prowl, as the saying goes. She's out there flirting and making eyes with the guys. She just lost a major relationship. She's young. It's a venue where she will meet the kind of men she is likely interested in getting acquainted with. Eugenie is being a very good friend. One way to look at it all, anyway.

From my perspective (but I'm not British) it seems all good to me - though I can understand your point. But there is this - if she is seriously interested in a film career - the people she would want to impress will be looking to see her in this way, to see that she has the body and the presence to carry off a 'show' of herself. May not seem right - but producers and directors look for actors who can 'sell' the product once on the circuit to talk about a film - and that will look good on the red carpet. Cressida is demonstrating that she would look good on the red carpet. She has a dazzling smile, too. She is very appealing. All the boxes are being checked - maybe she even has talent! ;) They do not want shrinking violets afraid of an 'immodest' picture. It's a different world - probably confusing because Cressida is with a royal - another world that has different sensibilities.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of that top. It shows too much of her boobs from the side. But she's a very beautiful young woman and obviously doesn't mind showing off her lovely young body like that, and for an aspiring actress that might not be a bad thing. She may have no qualms about full nudity in films or plays so it might not bother her at all and she's trying to get this message across to potential employers. Though I notice she kept her arms to her sides as she was leaving.

That top is too loose and gaps on her and if it fit correctly, we wouldn't see side views like that.

I'm not a fan of that top. It shows too much of her boobs from the side. But she's a very beautiful young woman and obviously doesn't mind showing off her lovely young body like that, and for an aspiring actress that might not be a bad thing. She may have no qualms about full nudity in films or plays so it might not bother her at all and she's trying to get this message across to potential employers. Though I notice she kept her arms to her sides as she was leaving.

I didn't see that but my overall impression of Cressida is that she has here-to-fore been a fairly discreet young woman - especially when actively dating Prince Harry. This seems a bit out of character for her and while the line of thought that she might be making a 'show' for the Hollywood types is reasonable to an extent - I agree - she is still the discreet person she was and has been. Hard to change overnight. That moment of modesty - if it was that - is rather charming.

Anyway, hope she gets a beau soon that appreciates her in all the right ways - so she can move on. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom