Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her “were just trying to change the world one hashtag at a time” voice

All celebrities use it. Just grates on me.

I have no idea what this means. Since I don't, I won't comment to either defend or condemn her use of this voice. :lol:

... I'm hoping the Queen and the rest of the family will tell her the important traditions with kindness. Meaning if she breaks one that she doesn't know, they'll simply point it out for next time, but understand that she couldn't have known beforehand. But, I also like to imagine when it comes to some of the more "we do it out of habit" type things, that the Queen might laugh and even say "some members of the public might do a better job, given how much more strict they are about things than even I am."

I am not disagreeing with you. But it was this post that reminded me that dear Harry got caught breaking the tradition of not being captured on camera bear ass necked by the pool in Las Vegas. And the world still turned on its axis. I am quite sure Harry was dealt with at that time with a bit more than kindness.

The monarchy will indeed survive, however Meghan signs her name. As long as when it is on a bill, that the bill gets paid. :lol::lol::lol:

I’ve removed Kate vs Meghan comparisons, as well as a discussion about who does and doesn’t like Meghan.

Let’s please stay on-topic

We know she had an event a few weeks ago, a spa day for some of the wedding party I think. It was first said it was her hen do but then they said no it was just a spa day.

LaRae

I thought I have read it all but some comments here just beat some of the ridiculous comments I've seen so far.

I pray Meghan is strong and confidence in herself and her love for Harry; she is going to have to be to put up with some of the pettiness thrown at her. People looking to make sure she isn't acting too American and adheres to every little British tradition. Acceptance would be allowing Meghan to learn at her own pace while maintaining her history and culture she lived for 30+years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pray Meghan is strong and confidence in herself and her love for Harry; she is going to have to be to put up with some of the pettiness thrown at her. People looking to make sure she isn't acting too American and adheres to every little British tradition. Acceptance would be allowing Meghan to learn at her own pace while maintaining her history and culture she lived for 30+years.

The only comparison I can think of regarding the US is Melania Trump, but
As someone who hasn't paid any attention to Trump, do people make a big deal out of every little thing Melania does that isn't "American" enough?
I have to admit to being more than a little confused by your post. What pettiness? Who thinks she might be acting too American? Which British traditions does she have to adhere to?

She frequently used to go L.A. and NY to see her old friends.More like for reasons only known to her, she dropped them and they keep proving to her it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe Easter. I wonder if Harry and Meghan visited her Mum or perhaps her Dad for Easter. That would have been very nice for them.

Harry is going gender-neutral
I'm surprised no one has mentioned today's main story on both BBC and Sky. - That must be an oversight. ?

Oh, well. Meghan is as you know a declared feminist and Harry has long since been a strong supporter for gay, lesbian and transgender rights.
As such the palace has today announced that after Harry and Meghan's marriage, Harry will (albeit not legally) officially define himself as gender-neutral. Also very much in support of his future wife so that she won't feel dominated by him being male.
Harry is quoted for saying: "This is 2018 and I'm a modern person, I feel it's not only right but morally proper for our marriage not to be defined by our gender."

The commentators are of course standing in line to comment, also over here in DK! It was the absolute top story on the news at noon! That spring has finally come on this fine April day, no one cares! - It's Harry, the no-man who is the news today!

It had to happen, political correctness gone mad. :whistling:

:previous: Yeees, I had hoped someone would play along though. ?

Don't know how it is in your country, but here it's been ruined for years.
I got up at 07.30 this morning and after breakfast one of the first headlines that I could see was: "Were you fooled by this years April-fool-stories?"
No! Because I haven't even had time to read the news yet! :bang:

I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe Easter. I wonder if Harry and Meghan visited her Mum or perhaps her Dad for Easter. That would have been very nice for them.

The security logistics would be a nightmare and they’re not yet married, so a big no-no in terms of Public PR. I think the more realistic way would have been to invite her folk over.

The security logistics would be a nightmare and they’re not yet married, so a big no-no in terms of Public PR. I think the more realistic way would have been to invite her folk over.

I don't see how the logistics would be a nightmare, Henry clearly flew to see Meghan numerous times, and vice versa and we had no idea. Why is a big no no in terms of PR? Henry going to see his in-laws before his wedding is a lovely gesture.

More than likely he was in Scotland with his father, where he has rumoured to spend the last few years.

:previous: Yeees, I had hoped someone would play along though. ?

Don't know how it is in your country, but here it's been ruined for years.
I got up at 07.30 this morning and after breakfast one of the first headlines that I could see was: "Were you fooled by this years April-fool-stories?"
No! Because I haven't even had time to read the news yet! :bang:
I didn't even realize it was April Fool's, I just knew it was Easter and I had a 3 day weekend.

I don't see how the logistics would be a nightmare, Henry clearly flew to see Meghan numerous times, and vice versa and we had no idea. Why is a big no no in terms of PR? Henry going to see his in-laws before his wedding is a lovely gesture.

More than likely he was in Scotland with his father, where he has rumoured to spend the last few years.
Unfortunately now they are officially engaged people would be watching for family meetings and yes, it would be a security nightmare. Their presence would signal H&M's presence but no way could they be without security. It only takes one nutter.

Harry and Meghan managed to stay unseen for months even after their relationship was confirmed. We barely saw them together which is why the media lost it when they were. They have mastered the art of being incognito, so I could see them visiting Doria in LA but likely they were with Charles and Camilla.

KP said they were spending Easter ‘privately’. They may popped away for a few days.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have caught up with her mother or dad in Canada. After all they managed to do it on the quiet before. But then maybe we will never know.

I want to know what news Emily and Omid are sitting on that can't be released for 2 weeks still....they mentioned this in their podcast last week.

LaRae

I want to know what news Emily and Omid are sitting on that can't be released for 2 weeks still....they mentioned this in their podcast last week.

LaRae

Probably about H & M's Royal wedding party?

Last edited:
Not sure what they would need to release about their wedding party?

LaRae

Probably about H & M's Royal wedding party?

That’s what I’m thinking a well. Although would they have a BP briefing about just that? I’d imagine that will just be an announcement.

LaRae

I think they announce the names of best man, maid of honour, pageboys and bridesmaids, etc. At least they did for William’s wedding, if I’m remembering it correctly.

Possibly about Harry and Meghan's first overseas tour?

I remember some of the reporters on the royal beat discussing going to private receptions with the royals ahead of tours, where they're given some off the record time as well as information about the tour.

Is that striking any memories with anyone else?

LaRae

William and Kate did. They announced on Valentine's before their wedding. So about 2 1/2 months ahead.

With so many wedding details being announced in advance, will some people loose interest in the wedding because so much has been disclosed

Why would it? They are releasing less then Kate and William did, and it didn't kill interest. Its not like they have released any actual detail. We don't know what the final flowers will look like/if all white. We don't know what the cake will be decorated like. Or the dress. Or any other major details. The cake we would never see anyways.

Possibly about Harry and Meghan's first overseas tour?

I remember some of the reporters on the royal beat discussing going to private receptions with the royals ahead of tours, where they're given some off the record time as well as information about the tour.

Is that striking any memories with anyone else?

They do press briefings before tours, but it is quite early to be doing that. Even if the queen already has plans for Meghan's first royal tour with Harry, not likely they have any details down yet. The royals tend to be on vacation much of the summer. A tour is not likely until fall, and then they would likely be going to the Invictus games. Not something, press briefings and such, they are likely focussing on less then 2 months until the wedding.

Last edited:
Ah forgot about them releasing the names in the wedding party...that's probably it then.

LaRae

LaRae

Same! They said that they went to BP last Monday about something "exciting" and they hoped that in 2 weeks time they could talk about it.

I got the impression it was Harry and Meghan related and maybe regarding an upcoming engagement because the lead in was talking about handling diaries and that made them go into that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom