Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Church Service, Carriage Procession - May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing that annoyed me was the misinformation they kept saying! It's like do your freaking research! There's no reason to say Charles Spencer is married to Sarah McCorkendale etc.

LaRae

No joke! I heard an announcer say that Prince Harry (Henry) was named after his great, great, great grandfather, Henry VIII! I was like, really?

When it was rumoured, that Amal and Meghan had become friends, I was hoping it would be true, and was positively surprised it was. I've been trying to figure out the connection though, and just today it hit me. Eugenie's fiance works for the company George Clooney used to own. I bet they met that way.

I didn't see anything more Hollywoody in this wedding. I think the York sisters might know more Hollywood people than Meghan does, with Beatrice attending the MET gala lined up with every Hollywood celeb out there.

That is an excellent observation about the Clooney connection. I think you are onto something there. It makes a lot of sense, especially since we know Eugenie and Jack spend time/socialize with Harry and Meghan.
It makes more sense than some of the ideas I've heard/read.

Last edited:
6. The Mulroney boys. Did they deliver or what?!?!?! I thought about putting them with the rest of the bridesmaids and pageboys, but I thought they deserved their own shout out. One of the twins was so cute with his expression at the beginning of the alter as the trumpets played. And their excitement as they rode in with the stunning bride. How cute was that!!!!! And I'm sure whoever it was will be embarrassed by that photo of him behind Meghan with his missing tooth in about 10 years, but who cares, I thought that was awfully cute. :lol:.

i loved his big grin! He clearly enjoyed the whole thing!

Last edited:
According to Katy Forrester Doria was not the only family member of Meghan’s at the wedding.

ETA Katy spotted Meghan’s uncle Joffrey and aunt Ava on ITV coverage.

Again I would say it’s probably with very good reason that a full guest list was not released.

And again I would say that family and some friends of Meghan’s who are modest private citizens and who are currently leading quiet private lives would likely wish them to remain just that. Private.

The media has poured over the lives of anyone publicly linked to Meghan with a fine tooth comb and been hugely disrespectful, invasive, and nasty.

It would be deeply unfair to ask private citizens of modest means to step out onto the worlds biggest stage, in front of the worlds media, with a target on their backs.

Brava to Doria for being so strong but her father clearly couldn’t take it, and no one else should be put in that position.

And so I think that any familial relationships of Meghan’s that have managed to stay private thus far, are likely going to remain so.

Last edited:
I have to admit that among the people clamoring for a publicized guest list, I was not among them. Harry and Meghan's viewpoint on this probably was along the lines of "if they don't recognize these people, then there is no reason to publicize who they are". This way the people in the media's eyes were seen and known and counted and those that were not and wished to remain private, were given their anonymity and enjoyed the wedding to the fullest too.

If any of Meghan's relatives were in attendance, they easily remained in the background of the public but were very much there for Harry and Meghan. Good for them! :D

I agree, that we, the public, have no need to see the full guest list. Meghan and Harry should be allowed to have private friendships no one is aware of, and their friends deserve their privacy.

I watched this clip, and there's a really interesting part from 3.30 and a minute forward. It's an interview with rev Curry and archbishop Wellby. Judging from their interaction and body language, I would say that these two men are old friends who appreciate one another. I never thought of that possibility before.

According to Katy Forrester Doria was not the only family member of Meghan’s at the wedding.

ETA Katy spotted Meghan’s uncle Joffrey and aunt Ava on ITV coverage.

Again I would say it’s probably with very good reason that a full guest list was not released.

And again I would say that family and some friends of Meghan’s who are modest private citizens and who are currently leading quiet private lives would likely wish them to remain just that. Private.

The media has pored over the lives of anyone publicly linked to Meghan with a fine tooth comb and been hugely disrespectful, invasive, and nasty.

It would be deeply unfair to ask private citizens of modest means to step out onto the worlds biggest stage, in front of the worlds media, with a target on their backs.

Brava to Doria for being so strong but her father clearly couldn’t take it, and no one else should be put in that position.

And so I think that any familial relationships of Meghan’s that have managed to stay private thus far, are likely going to remain so.

I suspecting something like this might happen. It's nice that she had some other family there who like to stay under the radar to such an extent that no one noticed their arrival in the UK. Well done, stealth Raglands!

So much for not talking. Very, very disappointed in Ms Ragland, Meghan, Harry and TPTB. Really dumb move. Hurray for Hollywood, here we go.

Now that Meghan has the ring on her finger I think we're going to be seeing a lot more questionable behavior, JMO.

The interview hasn't been realised yet, we don't know what it is going to be like. And (I hate myself for doing comparisons) both James and Pippa Middleton have done interviews after Kate's the wedding.
I trust Doria enough to believe she will follow the Palace's and her daughter's instructions.

Last edited:
Maybe seeing the guests arriving the way they were, with cameras following every move, just made the showy people stand out.

I think it's the angle of the cameras. Especially for the later arrival. I liked the angles and thought they were well done artistically for the arrivals, but it was more glamorous.

So much for not talking. Very, very disappointed in Ms Ragland, Meghan, Harry and TPTB. Really dumb move. Hurray for Hollywood, here we go.

Now that Meghan has the ring on her finger I think we're going to be seeing a lot more questionable behavior, JMO.

If this is true, then we should wait to see what the result is. Oprah isn't usually given to sensationalism, doesn't stalk her subjects, and is generally pretty restrained in her interviews. This isn't like giving interviews to TMZ.

The interview hasn't been realised yet, we don't know what it is going to be like. And (I hate myself for doing comparisons) but both James and Pippa Middleton have done interviews after Kate's the wedding.
I trust Doria enough to believe she will follow the Palace's and her daughter's instructions.
Very true, I don't think Doria will make a stupid move. Judge it after the interview is released.

I call BS on that supposed interview with Oprah the DM talking about.

The invitations were sent out long before, that story about Ms Ragland visiting Oprah house and supposedly seen going out with goodies.

Even if there is an interview, i hope it is the 3 of them together. All members of the BRF have given interviews, Prince Philip, Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Zara Philips, Peter Philips, Earl Snowdon, Lady Sarah Chatto, Prince Michael of Kent, Princess Michael of Kent to name a few on top of my head. The only person that has never given a formal seated interview is The Queen

If this is true, then we should wait to see what the result is. Oprah isn't usually given to sensationalism, doesn't stalk her subjects, and is generally pretty restrained in her interviews. This isn't like giving interviews to TMZ.

It's talking to the media, I don't think it matters whether it's TMZ or Oprah. The Golden Rule is Don't Talk to the Media! They are going down the same path others have gone down, thinking they can control the media. They are opening the floodgates. The British media in particular are going to be out to get them (even more than they already are) if they start giving interviews to American media, mark my words. Bad move, really bad.

That article is based on tabloids. Daily mail started a rumour about Doria doing an interview with Oprah, Oprah's rep denied it. Mirror continued with the rumour. Now Sun has apparently continued with it. There's no reliable source at all, still. I'm going by Oprah's rep denying it, until I see solid sources confirming it.

That article is based on tabloids. Daily mail started a rumour about Doria doing an interview with Oprah, Oprah's rep denied it. Mirror continued with the rumour. Now Sun has apparently continued with it. There's no reliable source at all, still. I'm going by Oprah's rep denying it, until I see solid sources confirming it.

Thanks for the info!:flowers: It seems more like a false rumour now, if the interview really happened/will happen they can give no response rather than deny it.

Last edited:

That's fine, believe what you want. I still think that Oprah's rep denied it because they wanted to be the ones to 'break' the story. Just because Oprah's rep denies something doesn't mean it's true, her reps are spin doctors, they are going to say whatever it takes to make the big $$$ or score the big interview.

Have I said how dumb a move this is? Panorama keeps going through my head, and Richard Kay, too. Nope, this is not going to go well.

That's fine, believe what you want. I still think that Oprah's rep denied it because they wanted to be the ones to 'break' the story. Just because Oprah's rep denies something doesn't mean it's true, her reps are spin doctors, they are going to say whatever it takes to make the big $$$ or score the big interview.

Have I said how dumb a move this is? Panorama keeps going through my head, and Richard Kay, too. Nope, this is not going to go well.

Somehow flat out lying is what spin doctors do now? :lol: And if we are going to believe the rumor, let's believe the whole thing. When this reporting originally came out, it was stated that the interview would only go forward with the approval of Buckingham Palace. So not so much Panorama.

I'm with you on this one. If, and its a big if, Oprah does happen to do an interview with Doria, whether in London, LA or Zimbabwe, I don't believe that Doria would consent to doing an interview of *any* kind without the express permission of both Harry and Meghan and their office.

I do have to think that an interview with Oprah is a step above talking to the media though. Oprah is now to interviews what Barbara Walters used to be back in her time. If there's anyone that is going to jump on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bandwagon when it comes to supporting humanitarian endeavors, Oprah would be a tremendous voice to have in their corner.

I am *not* a fan of Oprah at all nor do I make it a point to ever watch her but her humanitarian streaks has made itself known and I cannot fault that.

I'm with you on this one. If, and its a big if, Oprah does happen to do an interview with Doria, whether in London, LA or Zimbabwe, I don't believe that Doria would consent to doing an interview of *any* kind without the express permission of both Harry and Meghan and their office.

I do have to think that an interview with Oprah is a step above talking to the media though. Oprah is now to interviews what Barbara Walters used to be back in her time. If there's anyone that is going to jump on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bandwagon when it comes to supporting humanitarian endeavors, Oprah would be a tremendous voice to have in their corner.

I am *not* a fan of Oprah at all nor do I make it a point to ever watch her but her humanitarian streaks has made itself known and I cannot fault that.

IMO it doesn't matter whether KP gave their consent, it's still a dumb move, sets a dangerous precedent and will have British media howling.

So Oprah won't support a cause unless you cooperate with her, is that what you're saying Osipi? Pay for play?

Not only Meghan and Harry and their office, but the original reporting by DM stated that it would only go forward if Buckingham Palace is ok with it. We can't cherry pick which part of the story we want to believe. :lol:

Not only Meghan and Harry and their office, but the original reporting by DM stated that it would only go forward if Buckingham Palace is ok with it. We can't cherry pick which part of the story we want to believe. :lol:

True. If they are okay with it then I don't think it is a problem:whistling:.

IMO it doesn't matter whether KP gave their consent, it's still a dumb move, sets a dangerous precedent and will have British media howling.

So Oprah won't support a cause unless you cooperate with her, is that what you're saying Osipi? Pay for play?

That is *not* what I'm saying. I'm saying that Oprah, along with being, for the most part, a journalist that can do some incredible in depth interviews, is also very visible and in the front row herself when it comes to "giving back" and doing humanitarian work.

We have to remember too that there are a lot of causes that The Royal Foundation does that is on a global basis and many well known names and organizations have jumped in to support various programs and causes globally. Just look at the list of partners for their United for Wildlife project. :D

Its not about money. Its not about tabloids. Its about getting a message out to make people aware. Its what journalism is really supposed to be all about. This is one of the positive ways the media can be used.

That is *not* what I'm saying. I'm saying that Oprah, along with being, for the most part, a journalist that can do some incredible in depth interviews, is also very visible and in the front row herself when it comes to "giving back" and doing humanitarian work.

We have to remember too that there are a lot of causes that The Royal Foundation does that is on a global basis and many well known names and organizations have jumped in to support various programs and causes globally. Just look at the list of partners for their United for Wildlife project. :D

Its not about money. Its not about tabloids. Its about getting a message out to make people aware. Its what journalism is really supposed to be all about. This is one of the positive ways the media can be used.

I'm sure that's the way Diana justified it, too, just getting her story across. Making sure people knew the truth (her truth). Besides, tell it to the British media who already have their noses extremely bent.

You're confusing journalism with sensationalism. Were the interviews and documentaries that Charles did for his mother's Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and the ones the rest of the family did at that time a mistake too?

You see the British tabloids as the media. I see the differences in interviewing and reporting. ;)

Back
Top Bottom