Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful photo of Princess Charlotte to mark her birthday!

I agree, there is a look of Sarah about Charlotte and yet I think Sarah is the spit of Lord Snowden so how does that work out? Princess Alice of Athlone said David and Sarah were so like their father that any woman in the World could have been their mother.

They looked alike as very young children. Not so much anymore. It's incidental. Many people look alike amd it is just coincidence.

I've thought for years that Charlotte was the spitting image of Sarah as a young girl. As she's aged she's looking more and more like William. I definitely see William in these photos with her mother's coloring. I see nothing at all of HM in Charlotte. I do, however, see a lot of HM in photos of Anne, Zara, Louise, and Isla. Then again, though, I've thought for years that Zara especially also favors Princess Mary so there's some strong resemblances there.

As for her brothers, Louis is a Middleton through and through. Every photo I see of him reinforces for me just how much he looks like his Grandpa Middleton. George, though, appears to me to very much favor the Spencers, particularly Charles Spencer. While I do see some Middleton genes there he appears to be the Cambridge child who got the strongest Spencer genes in terms of looks.

Princess Beatrice’s husband Edo liked the twitter post by Kensington Palace wishing Charlotte a happy birthday. He rarely likes tweets at all.

Something tells me that Princess Beatrice’s little family and William’s are quite close.

IMG_0943.jpg

I saw a resemblance with Charlotte to her mother at the Duke's Service of Remembrance when she saw herself on the cameras. It was her expression. When she smiles with her lips together I see Catherine, when she smiles showing her teeth I see Wills. And she really did look a lot like Lady Sara when she was younger. I don't really see the Queen in her, funny how people see different resemblances.

I saw a resemblance with Charlotte to her mother at the Duke's Service of Remembrance when she saw herself on the cameras. It was her expression. When she smiles with her lips together I see Catherine, when she smiles showing her teeth I see Wills. And she really did look a lot like Lady Sara when she was younger. I don't really see the Queen in her, funny how people see different resemblances.
Yes, I agree with your assessment. I recently saw photos of Lady Sarah Chatto as a young girl. Very strong resemblance. https://www.instagram.com/p/COVqfpKH8It/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

While I think Princess Charlotte primarily resembles her father there are those moments where she is definitely her mother's daughter. It will be interesting to follow the children as they mature.

What a cute picture! And is taken by the Duchess of Cambridge of course during the family’s holiday in the UK earlier this month.

Yes, I agree with your assessment. I recently saw photos of Lady Sarah Chatto as a young girl. Very strong resemblance. https://www.instagram.com/p/COVqfpKH8It/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

While I think Princess Charlotte primarily resembles her father there are those moments where she is definitely her mother's daughter. It will be interesting to follow the children as they mature.

Isn't it amazing how family resemblances are only seen when you look back at earlier photographs.

That is a great picture of George! Very cute.

Prince George definitely has Prince William's smile. :D:D

From his nose up he is all Michael Middleton. From the nose down he is father. He has Williams slightly horsey mouth…although in William I didn’t notice it until he was a teen.

What great photo! It seems to perfectly capture this stage in his life.

Great picture of George. Catherine takes wonderful pictures.

As always wonderful photo to mark Prince George's birthday!

What an absolutely lovely birthday photo of George! And such a nice gesture from the Irish Guards band. Always nice but so much more fun when the birthday boy is the perfect age to really enjoy something like that.

They grow up so quickly! I think he looks very like William.

George is at that cute toothy stage but I'm willing to bet that he'll need braces eventually. I think he looks like Wills, but his blond hair has a lot to do with that.

What an absolutely lovely birthday photo of George! And such a nice gesture from the Irish Guards band. Always nice but so much more fun when the birthday boy is the perfect age to really enjoy something like that.

That really is cool, especially for a kid George’s age.

Another wonderful reveal from Prince George's birthday photo is the natural fun loving smile his mother was able to capture. He is very much his father's son.

George is at that cute toothy stage but I'm willing to bet that he'll need braces eventually. I think he looks like Wills, but his blond hair has a lot to do with that.

Everyone has braces now.

The fact he is the only blond on the family gives the impression he looks like William
I don't think he does. He has his mouth amd perhaps bottom.face though. He looks like his mother and grandfather.

Charlotte looks like William.

But then genes come.out in people.at different times. Everyone said William looked like Diana as a child but he really doesn't. And I don't know if that is because he is blond. Or whether he did and now doesn't. Harry never changed but William really did.

There has been no official confirmation. Just media thinking they know it all. May well be that school but they do Saturday school and that would interfere with Amner time.

A lot of prep schools have Saturday morning school and then sports matches in the afternoon so I think that is one reason they are moving to Windsor as Amner just wouldn’t work.

A lot of prep schools have Saturday morning school and then sports matches in the afternoon so I think that is one reason they are moving to Windsor as Amner just wouldn’t work.

Anmer was always a weekend or holiday retreat for them, probably never intended for a permanent stay.
The decision to move to Windsor close to the Queen , away from London, has probably to do with the slow but constant problems of her age, not being able to fulfill her duties anymore. It is still a wonder that she is around at the age of 96 years. I don't know any monarch who has not given up before that time. It could also have to do with Andrew being so close to the Queen and fear of his influence on her (being allegedly her favorite).

If that is the case, it should have been Charles moving to Windsor, but they probably have their reasons not to do it.

Living in Windsor it is quite normal to look for a school nearby for the children.

A question for the British members: What is the difference between public and private schools in GB? I have been reading a lot of english literature especially from the 19th and early 20th century and got the impression that public schools were more prestigious than private schools.

I always thought that private schools are for the rich and privileged. So I am a little confused about that.

A question for the British members: What is the difference between public and private schools in GB? I have been reading a lot of english literature especially from the 19th and early 20th century and got the impression that public schools were more prestigious than private schools.

I always thought that private schools are for the rich and privileged. So I am a little confused about that.

Not British, but public schools in the UK are the ones known as "fee-paying", as opposed to state-run (though not all fee-paying schools are public schools, and the public schools are the most prestigious).

They would be called "private schools" basically anywhere else. I don't understand the "public" etymology myself, unless it was originally that they were not places of private tuition but where anyone with the money could go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom