Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cute pictures.

I guess he's dressed up because they knew they were taking these photos that day and wanted him in his formal "royal uniform" as opposed to his Octonauts T shirt or whatever. Plus playing cricket? on a Norfolk beach in the last few weeks or months probably did require a jumper.

George has had a mix of classic clothes vs an England shirt and camo - tending towards more casual as he got older so Louis's will probably go that way too.

Very cute pictures.

I guess he's dressed up because they knew they were taking these photos that day and wanted him in his formal "royal uniform" as opposed to his Octonauts T shirt or whatever. Plus playing cricket? on a Norfolk beach in the last few weeks or months probably did require a jumper.

George has had a mix of classic clothes vs an England shirt and camo - tending towards more casual as he got older so Louis's will probably go that way too.

I'm sure they knew they were taking the pictures that day but I still don't know what was wrong with a t-shirt, and a hoodie if it was cold, he's a little boy and that's what little boys wear.

Wonderful photos to mark Prince Louis birthday!

I'm sure they knew they were taking the pictures that day but I still don't know what was wrong with a t-shirt, and a hoodie if it was cold, he's a little boy and that's what little boys wear.

The weather has been very variable in the last few weeks, so I see nothing wrong with a light jumper and shorts for Louis whilst at the beach. It has rarely been so warm as to not wear a light jumper. As to why a light jumper and not a hoody is, to me, a matter of personal preference.

The weather has been very variable in the last few weeks, so I see nothing wrong with a light jumper and shorts for Louis whilst at the beach. It has rarely been so warm as to not wear a light jumper. As to why a light jumper and not a hoody is, to me, a matter of personal preference.

My issue wasn't with the jumper but the shirt, children don't wear a shirt to the beach.

Young Children can wear whatever parents think is appropriate and older children can make their own choice. He seems happy enough and that’s what matters.

I guess it comes down to a few things we and various media have discussed before.

The kids for the most part wear more classic/formal looks on "royal duties" -

1) To get them used to the difference between private life and public life

2) To make them less recognisable to the public when they're wearing their regular clothes

3) So that the photos which will probably be brought out again and again over the years are timeless rather than dated to a specific kids era.

We know George has an England strip but he wore suits to the England games he went to presumably because he was there in an official capacity and it's a good way to get him used to that. His birthday photos have become progressively more casual in clothing as he gets older and is seen more in other ways.

Charlotte was dressed up in her birthday photo but not in her butterfly photo and is generally dressed up in public. I guess they'll continue to mix and match a bit.

I also guess that Kate probably does like dressing them up like that sometimes and she's not alone if kids clothes shops are anything to go by. I'm also not sure a short sleeved shirt vs a tee shirt is a huge difference but YMMV on the last part.

I think Louis looked fine; he didn't seem uncomfortable at all.
(One of the stars on his jumper matched his shorts, so I don't think his outfit was a careless choice).

I have a soft spot for Louis due to sharing a birthday. He has interesting looks, what with his hair varying from dark to blond and back and going from resembling his mini-grandpa to popping up looking like William. It's hard to say where he will land, so he's one to keep an eye on.

I have a soft spot for Louis due to sharing a birthday. He has interesting looks, what with his hair varying from dark to blond and back and going from resembling his mini-grandpa to popping up looking like William. It's hard to say where he will land, so he's one to keep an eye on.

I see a lot of Kate's father in him. But he might be happy with that as he grows up, as Kate's father has kept his hair ?

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20220424138616/prince-george-trial-day-new-school-details/

It looks as if the Cambridges will be relocating to Windsor. It also looks as if George will be continuing his education at a day school, which I'm really pleased about. Upper class boys have traditionally been sent away to boarding school at 7 or 8. I'm not trying to knock other people's lifestyles, but sending such young children away from their families has never seemed ideal to me.

I agree Alison H. that continuing as a day student is the likely path they've chosen. However I do believe that the Cambridge children will probably board for secondary school.

Charlotte reminds me of Sarah Armstrong-Jones as a child.

She has inherited her mother's beautiful head of hair.

Orla looks like the late Lupo. Wonder if they are related somehow.

About the likeliness with Sarah, I had noticed too.

Orla was bred by James Middleton, so perhaps one of her parents was related to Lupo too?

I agree that she strongly resembles Lady Sarah Chatto but I am starting to see more of William in her as she matures.

Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News Part 4: April 2018

All I see is William when I see Charlotte.

Super cute photos- of both her and Louis for their birthdays.

All I see is William when I see Charlotte.

Super cute photos- of both her and Louis for their birthdays.

Agreed. I used to see HM in Charlotte’s face, but in these photos all I see William. Lovely photos.

I see a lot of William in Charlotte, but with Middleton's colours. Her eyes are getting darker year after year. When she's an adult I think she will look like Pippa. I have never seen any resemblance to Lady Sarah: she is 100% Armstrong-Jones, while Charlotte is a mix between the Spencers and the Middletons. Her photos convey a lot of personality, it's a feeling that I don't have when I see those of her brothers. I think she has a natural charisma.

She was the spitting image of Sarah aged about 4. I remember seeing a photo of the Queen with a 4 year old Sarah about the time Charlotte was four and needed to see the age of The Queen to know which child I was seeing.

I see very little of Catherine in Charlotte but she is more and more like William and the Windsor side of his genes (but then I see virtually nothing of Diana in him either - largely because his hair colour is totally different to hers as she was a bottle blonde).

She was the spitting image of Sarah aged about 4. I remember seeing a photo of the Queen with a 4 year old Sarah about the time Charlotte was four and needed to see the age of The Queen to know which child I was seeing.

I see very little of Catherine in Charlotte but she is more and more like William and the Windsor side of his genes (but then I see virtually nothing of Diana in him either - largely because his hair colour is totally different to hers as she was a bottle blonde).
I don't see any resemblance to Catherine either. According to me, she looks more like Pippa (eyes, face shape...)

I'm sorry but I still see Charlotte Iike the spitting image of the Queen. Smile, mouth, eyes, face shape, everything. She looks to the Queen much more than all of Queen's children or grandchildren have ever looked.

Lovely little girl, growing fast.

The Royals Community mobile app[/URL]

It's funny how people see resemblances differently. Lady Louise and Zara are the grandchildren who look most like the Queen to me and Charlotte looks like Carol Middleton in my eyes.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I still see Charlotte Iike the spitting image of the Queen. Smile, mouth, eyes, face shape, everything. She looks to the Queen much more than all of Queen's children or grandchildren have ever looked.

Lovely little girl, growing fast.

The Royals Community mobile app[/URL]

Anne is like the Queen as is Lady Louise, Zara and Isla too os very like her. The others not so much. Charlotte is like her father with her mothers colouring.

But William is copycat of Late Diana. I don't see anything Windsor to him.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

He isn't really. As he has got older the Windsor came out in him. I definitely see Diana in him but he isn't all her. Charlotte really doesn't look like the Queen though. Not to me.

Charlotte does look like William but with Catherine's colouring. The boys are very Middleton.

It's funny how people see resemblances differently. Lady Louise and Zara are the grandchildren who look most like the Queen to me and Charlotte looks like Carol Middleton in my eyes.

Too true! I'd have said that Zara had a strong look of Prince Philip.

Charlotte looks very like Lady Sarah. And yet neither of them look particularly like Princess Margaret. It's funny how those sideways resemblances happen sometimes. On a photo of me taken last year, I looked very like my auntie.

Too true! I'd have said that Zara had a strong look of Prince Philip.

Charlotte looks very like Lady Sarah. And yet neither of them look particularly like Princess Margaret. It's funny how those sideways resemblances happen sometimes. On a photo of me taken last year, I looked very like my auntie.

I agree, there is a look of Sarah about Charlotte and yet I think Sarah is the spit of Lord Snowden so how does that work out? Princess Alice of Athlone said David and Sarah were so like their father that any woman in the World could have been their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom