Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel & Princess Eléonore: News & Events, Oct. 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The summer camp at the Royal Military Academy is over for Prince Gabriel as well!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CvSCojqohVj/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==
The palace speaks about his "first year" at the Military Academy, which could mean that he's taking a three-year course, unlike his elder sister and elder cousins. Nothing has been officially communicated yet, but that could be a hint

I always understood that he's going for the full three-year course. Elisabeth should have done the same.

I wonder what's next after that, Prince Gabriël was always interested in engineering and aircrafts. But maybe he'll go to college (Louvain?) instead of pursuing a career in the Belgian Air Component, who knows.

I also wonder what will happen with Prince Emmanuel, the "gifted" child who's equally interested in engineering and seems to be the sportiest of the siblings. Perhaps Gabriël is receiving such a thorough military education so that Emmanuel doesn't have to? If Prince Emmanuel does join the RMA, it would look very bad if Princess Eléonore doesn't.

Last edited:
The summer camp at the Royal Military Academy is over for Prince Gabriel as well!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CvSCojqohVj/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==
The palace speaks about his "first year" at the Military Academy, which could mean that he's taking a three-year course, unlike his elder sister and elder cousins. Nothing has been officially communicated yet, but that could be a hint

That does seem like a strong hint at spending at least one more year at the Academy. This is the first time that the Palace has given any indication of how long the prince might spend in military training, isn't it? I imagine he was waiting to make his decision based on his experiences during his first year, and given that his older male cousins and even the crown princess only spent a year in officer training, it would seem he is extending his training out of genuine interest.

Last edited:
Isn't it the first solo portrait featuring military uniform from the young generation? No complaints from me too :cool: probably we'll get similar portrait for Elisabeth's birthday later (maybe together with a full regalia portrait ;) ).

So he's taking the science military degree? Not surprising he's always a science boy:D

So he's taking the science military degree? Not surprising he's always a science boy:D

Military and Social Sciences. It will be very interesting to see if he pursues a degree in mathematics or engineering, or perhaps he will join the airforce.

A very dutiful young man. Filip and Mathilde have done a wonderful job, I'm sure Emmanuel and Eléonore will also pursue excellence in whatever field they choose.

Military and Social Sciences. It will be very interesting to see if he pursues a degree in mathematics or engineering, or perhaps he will join the airforce.

A very dutiful young man. Filip and Mathilde have done a wonderful job, I'm sure Emmanuel and Eléonore will also pursue excellence in whatever field they choose.
I've always had the feeling he is interested in flying, so my guess is he will join the air forces in the future, at least for some time. This way he will be able to serve his country, just in a slightly different way than his older sister.

We didn't get a "new" portrait this year, just a photo taken on National Day. Not complaining though! The young prince looks very dashing. He will soon begin his second year at the RMA, en route to his bachelor's degree.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwJhtBbtk0g/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

? Gelukkige verjaardag, Prins Gabriël! Hij wordt vandaag 20 jaar en start binnenkort in het tweede bachelorjaar sociale en militaire wetenschappen aan de @royal_military_academy!

? De foto werd genomen door Bas Bogaerts in de Erevestibule van het Kasteel van Laken.
—————
? Joyeux anniversaire au Prince Gabriel ! Il fête ses 20 ans aujourd'hui et entamera bientôt sa 2ème année de bachelier en sciences sociales et militaires @royal_military_academy !

? La photo a été prise par Bas Bogaerts dans le Vestibule d’honneur du Château de Laeken.

The post doesn't state explicitly that he plans to complete the full bachelor's degree program, but I suppose if he is going to attend the first two years of the three-year program, he might as well complete the third year and earn the degree.

No, he is enrolled in the Social and Military Sciences bachelor's degree course. Princess Elisabeth Duchess of Brabant, Prince Amedeo, King Philippe and Prince Laurent were enrolled in the same course, although Princess Elisabeth and Prince Amedeo only completed the first year.

https://www.rma.ac.be/en/informatio.../basic-education/social-and-military-sciences

Prinses Elisabeth start op 31 augustus aan de KMS – RMA
Le 31 aout 2020, la Princesse Elisabeth rejoindra l’ERM – RMA

In the upcoming academic year, we will welcome Her Royal Highness Princess Elisabeth at the Campus Renaissance. She will study for a year as a member of the 160th class in Social and Military Studies. With this, she will carry on a long tradition within the Royal Family. Prince Alexander was a member of the 115th Polytechnic class, her father was a member of the 118th All Weapons (today Social and Military Studies) class and Prince Laurent studied with the 123rd All Weapons class. The most recent in the list is Prince Amedeo, who was a member of the 144th Social and Military Studies class during the 2004-2005 academic year.

The students of the Royal Military School are delighted at the arrival of our Belgian crown princess and are waiting to warmly welcome her. The teachers, professors, and staff of the Royal Military School will do all in their ability to provide her with an academically enriching year.

Welcome to the Royal Military School, Princess!​

The Royal Military Academy does offer a bachelor's degree program in engineering, but it seems none of the royal students after Prince Alexander have enrolled in it.

https://www.rma.ac.be/en/informatio...ic/basic-education/civil-engineer-polytechnic

Last edited:
https://www.hln.be/royalty/prins-ga...AihviFwp2nOsS6daePa18Q&referrer=https://t.co/

Hey, I wonder if anyone has access to this article so they can tell us the main points of it?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience :flowers:

It's a very generic article by Dehandschutter, it doesn't say anything we don't know already. We don't really find out about what the Prince actually wants do in the future, and Dehandschutter is annoying in trying to make the "Tree of Belgium" nickname stick around, no one but Dehandschutter uses it. Also, colour me shocked that Gabriel is the spare because Elisabeth is the actual heir! We didn't know!
Then the obvious: the Prince is tall, he loves exact sciences, tennis and hockey. He plays the piano and is currently at the RMA being a source of pride for his parents.

Apologies If I'm missing something, my Dutch isn't that good. :D

Last edited:
It's a very generic article by Dehandschutter, it doesn't say anything we don't know already. We don't really find out about what the Prince actually wants do in the future, and Dehandschutter is annoying in trying to make the "Tree of Belgium" nickname stick around, no one but Dehandschutter uses it. Also, colour me shocked that Gabriel is the spare because Elisabeth is the actual heir! We didn't know!
Then the obvious: the Prince is tall, he loves exact sciences, tennis and hockey. He plays the piano and is currently at the RMA being a source of pride for his parents.

Apologies If I'm missing something, my Dutch isn't that good. :D

Thank you so much! :flowers:

Is it known what Emmanuel is going to do next?

He's in his final year at the International School of Brussels.

Thank you ilovecp and hannelore :flowers:

Wonderful photos ,the Belgian RF are really good with Social Media and have an excellent team.

Those Coburg children have grown into beautiful adults!! Gabriel and Emmanuel are heart breakers for sure!

Those Coburg children have grown into beautiful adults!! Gabriel and Emmanuel are heart breakers for sure!
Emmanuel looks just like his dad. All the children of the King are good-looking

:previous: I agree. The Belgian RF expertly showcase their beautiful, well brought up children without ever exploiting them.

It can indeed be done.:whistling:

Prince Emmanuel is as impressive as his siblings.

:previous: I agree. The Belgian RF expertly showcase their beautiful, well brought up children without ever exploiting them.

It can indeed be done.:whistling:

Prince Emmanuel is as impressive as his siblings.
Plus they live comparatively private lives. There is greater respect for the privacy of the children.

This account claims that it has been confirmed by the International School of Brussels (account dedicated to seniors) through a post that Prince Emmanuel will be going to Saffraanberg School of Under Officers next year.

This account claims that it has been confirmed by the International School of Brussels (account dedicated to seniors) through a post that Prince Emmanuel will be going to Saffraanberg School of Under Officers next year.

Why would he go to a NCO school? Does that mean his grades were not good enough to get into the Royal Military Academy?

Why would he go to a NCO school? Does that mean his grades were not good enough to get into the Royal Military Academy?
Not necessarily, he would still be attending a Royal school, perhaps the Prince simply wants to receive training in a different academy than his eldest siblings, and only for a short term, maybe he wants to go College and pursue a career in, say, finance or something else.

Anything can happen and we will have to wait for a confirmation anyway.

That would be my guess. If he was able to do the officers training, it would not make sense to go to a lower level military training. The Royal Military School is considered university training and therefore requires the highest level of secundairy education.

I mostly hope that if he is indeed going this route it will turn out to be a great fit for him!

Last edited:

This NCO school also offers a year of preparation to apply to the KMS (the school Elisabeth and Gabriel went to), so that might also be another factor?

Or maybe Emmanuel wants to do a specific technical degree that is only offered here?

He's always had some learning issues so this might be the best fit for him.

Back
Top Bottom