Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the website of the European Parliament is a link where you can go to a media player and watch the Prince´s speech about climate change in Brussels live on Thursday at 10.30 am ( 9.30 am GMT):

On Thursday, there's a royal visit to the EP. Prince Charles will address an invited audience of MEPs on a subject close to his heart - climate change. See what he has to say from 1030.

Prince´s green home is just too natural
February 11

Prince Charles's plans to build the eco-home of the future and influence government housing policy have run into controversy over the building's ability to satisfy tough new green regulations.

Prince's green home is just too natural | Environment | The Guardian
What are they on about now? Everyone knows that some of the best insulating materials are natural fibres, such as wool, paper, flax, hemp, wood fibres! :rolleyes:

Thank you for the pics stephanievl!:flowers:

The Prince of Wales speaks about climate change at European Parliament

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Prince Charles has described the fight against global climate change as a war, with the Doomsday Clock "ticking ever closer to midnight".

BBC NEWS | Business | Prince sees climate fight as war

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the article, it is a great pity he hasn't 'teamed up' with one of the larger supermarkets, although that would be seen as 'political' I suppose! :D Still from little acorns.......:flowers:

For years it has been normal here in Germany to charge the customer for the plastic bags and to offer jute bags additionally, but at quite a high price - thus most people bring their own shopping bags with them to the shop. Plus we have shopping boxes in the car to load them from the shopping cart and to transport the purchases to the house. When I just spent two weeks in the Czech republic, I got enormous amounts of small plastic bags in every shop and had the feeling I was constantly filling the waste bin of our hotel room.

For years it has been normal here in Germany to charge the customer for the plastic bags and to offer jute bags additionally, but at quite a high price - thus most people bring their own shopping bags with them to the shop. Plus we have shopping boxes in the car to load them from the shopping cart and to transport the purchases to the house. When I just spent two weeks in the Czech republic, I got enormous amounts of small plastic bags in every shop and had the feeling I was constantly filling the waste bin of our hotel room.
Whenever I go shopping, I have fabric bags with me and some small paper ones. I have done it for years, originally because I didn't see why I should advertise to the world what stores I had patronised! :D I normally have my groceries delivered and they know my preference not to use plastic bags.

Whenever I go shopping, I have fabric bags with me and some small paper ones. I have done it for years, originally because I didn't see why I should advertise to the world what stores I had patronised! :D I normally have my groceries delivered and they know my preference not to use plastic bags.

Most of the major grocery stores here off the option of paper or plastic bags. I pick paper.

Charles showcases rural projects
March31

The Prince of Wales is travelling to Cumbria to highlight the importance of rural communities.

The Press Association: Charles showcases rural projects

With as many as 27 village pubs closing every week, the Prince of Wales has taken up the cudgels on behalf of beleaguered locals across the country, pointing out the pub’s importance to society and local economies.

The Prince of Wales highlights importance of local pubs - Times Online

And people say the POW doesn't do anything useful. He was the first person of any note to advocate sustainability and eco-friendly practices. Better, he turned his own property into a working model taking a lot of adverse and insulting accusations in doing so. He remains my personal favourite Eco-Warrior. :notworthy:

Prince Charles has gone on a crusade to save the Great British Apple,

From the Telegraph:

"The Prince of Wales has helped secure the future of one thousand of the rarest English apple breeds.

Currently, the entire gene bank of 2,300 British apples – covering long-forgotten varieties such as Peasgood Nonsuch, Bloody Ploughman and Greasy Pippin – is stored at Brogdale in Kent. However, it was decided that it was too risky to have all of the trees on one site.

Adrian Barlow, chief executive of English Apples and Pears, the trade body, said: "There is always the worry that if some catastrophe happens – fire, or disease – you could lose the whole lot."
To stop this happening, three separate collections of the 1,000 most important breeds have been sold to the Prince of Wales, the Co-operative supermarket group and an anonymous Scottish businessman. Each will plant their saplings in different parts of the country...."

Full article here:

Prince of Wales saves British apple breeds - Telegraph

why does he drive those gas-guzzling Land Rovers?
I only saw this today and I drive among other things a Land Rover. Like many mine is converted to a SVO, others can easily run on Biodiesel! :flowers:
Prince Charles has gone on a crusade to save the Great British Apple,
Good for him, you can't beat an old variety delicious British Apple. :flowers:

Good for him, you can't beat an old variety delicious British Apple. :flowers:

I was once in Britain and had found a guide book about farms and small companies and even pubs which produced their own cider and was fascinated by it: so we travelled the South of England in autumn searching for fresh cider... what a joy that was! We searched for recipes which used cider as well and found the richness of a taste apparently long lost except for some real fanatics (like Charles....:D) - it was simply great.

Joking about the "virtual, virtuous, low-carbon form" of his pre-recorded video, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, gave a brief presentation Wednesday to the audience at the Serve to Preserve Climate Summit

Flagler County News - newsjournalonline.com

Prince Charles ´s Aston Martin is wine powered, June 30

The Prince of Wales has reduced his motoring emissions by running his 38-year-old Aston Martin, a 21st birthday present from the Queen, on fuel made entirely from English wine.

Prince Charles's Aston Martin is wine powered - Telegraph

Back
Top Bottom