Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 4: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't see mention of a "law" in the article. As with most families, I assume it is Albert's and/or the wider family's own choice to not permit women to serve as head of the family.

You are right , there wasn't a written law. It was just my impression over the years that I was interested in that family that it was important to them. Gloria said in several interviews that she would like Albert to marry a woman who is both catholic and noble. She hasn't mentioned that in recent years. At the time when she married , and there was a huge age gap between them, the tabloids speculated that he was under pressure to marry and produce an heir and so on....
She was a very pretty, very eccentric woman and went to all talkshows and let herself pictured in many papers. Some old pics of her in "Vogue".

https://www.vogue.de/mode/artikel/p...d-taxis-exzentrischste-modeikone-deutschlands

Opinions about her differ. I am not d'accord with all her statements, but some of them I share. After all she is a very courageous woman who is not afraid to say her opinion in public.

She is a clever businesswoman who manages the huge family estate und I believe that she is a loving mother.

Not sure what you mean to imply. In any event, would you care to post her interview?

I watched the interview. Julian Reichelt is a journalist who does a podcast about politics. The case was about a violent leftist woman who got away with a very mild verdict which angered many people.

Gloria just said her opinion about this, no less no more. Putting that in a headline of her sympathizing with right wing opinions is just very unfair IMO

Last edited:
On July 14 the opening of this year's Thurn und Taxis Castle Festival has taken place:

** gallery **

Again, she said something racist in an interview, acknowledged the fact and laughed about it. She's certainly a strongwilled, intelligent person, but that makes her well documented history of random racist speech even more disgusting. Also giving that Reichelt an interview was a clear racist statement in itself even before she'd said even one word.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what did she say? I don't speakm German.

:previous:

She said she has nothing against Africans. She always tells them asa joke that they should come to Germany only if the Germans can go to Africa to clean everything up and to make everything lovely. After that the Africans can return, while the Germans will return to Germany and clean things up there.

The interviewer apparently works for Russia Today.

In the past she made some statements about HIV and Africa IIRC.

Again, she said something racist in an interview, acknowledged the fact and laughed about it. She's certainly a strongwilled, intelligent person, but that makes her well documented history of random racist speech even more disgusting. Also giving that Reichelt an interview was a clear racist statement in itself even before she'd said even one word.

As I am not on twitter I cannot read it. I didn't know about "that Reichelt", I googled and it said he was a journalist.

Many things she says are disgusting especially when it comes to Africans. I am wondering why she has a holiday villa in Kenya while at the same time she makes such racist comments (Aids a couple of years ago and recently what she said in the interview with "Russia today" about African people).
As you say, she is strongwilled and outspoken, but I don' t think her being intelligent. If she were she would be more careful with what she says, she would reflect and differentiate instead of just seeing things one sided .

I had not followed her interviews much but when reading some of her comments from the past, e.g. that Meghan wasn't really black and had complained about the racist royal family only to make money out of that. That is just dimwit and quite disturbing.

However she won't stop and will not change.

^^^ ITA!
I think she simply doesn't care if anyone thinks she's racist, because she absolutely is. She did great work when she saved her late husbands heritage, so I think she's intelligent. But she lacks decency and heart, she is simply not a good person - at all.

Julian Reichelt is a journalist, but also a right wing troublemaker, a racist and misogynist lobbyist. He lost his job at BILD, a german right tending tabloid, for his nazi rhetoric and for behaving inappropriately toward subordinate women. So giving him an interview is just another strong point against her.

She said that about Meghan? This woman doesn't give a FF as long as she can be racist. She's awful.

Last edited:
Gloria and Albert attended the Summer Reception of the Bavarian State Parliament at Schleissheim Palace in Oberschleissheim on July 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

As I have said before, I am sure that she is a caring mother and all her three children seem to be (from what we see and hear) ok. I cannot imagine that they would share her opinions. From looking on the IG accounts of the daughters, especially Elisabeth, I don't get the impression that they are right wing or racist. Elisabeth e.g. did a lot of interviews with black artists. Maybe they don't share their mother's opinion but don't make it public. Which is, compared to others , a good decision.

:previous:

She said she has nothing against Africans. She always tells them asa joke that they should come to Germany only if the Germans can go to Africa to clean everything up and to make everything lovely. After that the Africans can return, while the Germans will return to Germany and clean things up there.

The interviewer apparently works for Russia Today.

In the past she made some statements about HIV and Africa IIRC.

Sorry , that I must come back to those interviews about Africans. "She has nothing against Africans", but in the next sentences she is refuting this.
I know Kenya a bit from many visits and having friends and relations there.
It is certainly not to compare to Europe or other wealthy countries of the world. But, having a holiday villa there on the island of Lamu, which is the most expensive village in Africa. Among other prominent people Ernst August of Hanover has or had a villa there. As it is reported Gloria and family often spend their holiday there and are probably meeting other prominent nobility members.
A person who has such wealth and a certain power of influence in the media should instead of making racist remarks about Africans use her power in other directions.
Ernst August of Hanover who spent time there with Caroline (and caused a scandal by the way) never went into public to make racist remarks.

Nina of Greece is much involved in a hotel project in Mozambique where she spends time and is helping the people there to develop job perspectives and and future. She doesn't make a big fuss about it. I have heard that Ludwig of Bavaria who recently married, has initiated a project in kenya to help people to get jobs who are living in very remote areas.

There are indeed other examples of nobles who are prominent who use their abilities and influence to help people in Africa.

Gloria unfortunately doesn't have that ambition, but I would wish for her that she would buy another expensive villa maybe in the Caribbean or any other affluent state in the world. That would fit much more into the picture.

Yesterday, July 23, Italian singer Eros Ramazzotti performed at the Castle Festival:

** gallery **

Gloria must be a fan of the 80's pop groups. Amazing all those bands are still around...

Yesterday, July 25, Gloria attended the premiere of "Parsifal" and with that the opening of the annual Bayreuth Festival 2023 in Bayreuth, Germany:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Just read this today at German newspaper "Welt". There have been rumours before about her very right wing opinions, but it seems that sponsoring firms have drawn consequences fearing for their image

"Gloria under constant criticism – now BMW is withdrawing from the Thurn and Taxis Festival
by Thomas Schmoll

Princess Gloria of Thurn and Taxis
Source: picture alliance/Sammy Minkoff

The Regensburg castle mistress is causing outrage not only in the left-wing milieu with her political positions. Now, without detailed explanation, BMW is giving up its main sponsorship of the cultural festival, whose patron is Gloria von Thurn und Taxis. It is clear on site why".

Sorry I can't post the rest of the article because of the paywall

here is the link in German

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutsch...-von-Thurn-und-Taxis-Festspielen-zurueck.html

Last edited:
Are there any news about a love interest for the Prince?

He was so motivated with his girlfriend from the university... But now after their separation almost nothing for long years...

There are rumours. That's all I'm saying.

There are rumours. That's all I'm saying.

Well, hopefully there will something happen!

The Prince can not all leave to his mommy. And perhaps - I am not a psychologist - would be grandkids, she can care about, good for Gloria's perspective...

Her little, recent holy war against the liberal tendencies of the society... Liberals buy BMWs too! Princess Gloria does not have to wonder, the BMW corporation is cutting ties with her.

Elisabeth and her partner Paul-Emmanuel Reiffers attended the opening of "Ghost And Spirit : Mike Kelley's Retrospective" at Bourse de Commerce-Pinault Collection in Paris yesterday, October 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, October 17, Elisabeth and her partner Paul-Emmanuel Reiffers attended Mark Rothko's Retrospective Opening Night at La Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris:

** Pic **

Yesterday, October 17, Elisabeth and her partner Paul-Emmanuel Reiffers attended Mark Rothko's Retrospective Opening Night at La Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris:

** Pic **

It seems that they are going much more public as a pair than before. I wonder if they are living in Paris. Wasn't P.E. Reiffers married?

Must be a huge disappointment for Gloria that none of her children found a "proper" partner so far. And if Elisabeth marries this divorced man in the end it' s even more embarrassing.

Must be a huge disappointment for Gloria that none of her children found a "proper" partner so far. And if Elisabeth marries this divorced man in the end it' s even more embarrassing.
Well I’m sure she’s accepted the situation for the sake of her children because it’s their choices even if she privately doesn’t like it ( I don’t know).

Well I’m sure she’s accepted the situation for the sake of her children because it’s their choices even if she privately doesn’t like it ( I don’t know).

I agree. As outspoken she is about her political preferences she never talked about her children which is very decent IMO.

Maria Theresia, the oldest daughter, is still (I hope happily married) to her artist husband in GB and they have two little girls.
As long as Elisabeth is happy in her relationship with her French boyfriend Gloria should be satisfied. The man is twice divorced, hopefully this is the right woman for him.
Considering their age I doubt that they would want to start a family since he already has four children from previous marriages.
We are living in a century where parents cannot determine whom their children choose as their partners, at least when they are old enough to make their own decisions. (At least in Western Christian societies...)

Albert being the successor of that line is probably more under pressure to get a wife and children. I hope very much for him that he will meet the right woman some day. He seems to be such a nice person.

Poor Gloria, all she does is try to protect her children from those that seek to further their own interests at the expense of her children

No one is trying to further interest at the expense of Gloria's children. Even if that were true, her children are all adults.
Gloria's problem is she doesn't know how to filter her words. It also comes off as hypocrisy when she is criticizing left wing ideology while her life and that of her family's is far from ideal.

Back
Top Bottom