On This Day: Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, October 23, 1568 ~ Demise of Elisabeth of Valois, daughter of King Henry II of France, wife of King Philip II of Spain

On a day like today, October 5, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1319: Pedro IV of Aragon, Aragonese king, is born.
2015: Carlos de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, Infante of Spain, dies

On this day, October 6, 1644 ~ Demise of Elisabeth of France, Queen of Spain, daughter of King Henry IV of France, wife of King Philip IV of Spain, at the Royal Alcazar in Madrid, Spain

On this day, October 10, 1830 ~ Birth of Queen Isabella II of Spain at the Royal Palace in Madrid, Spain

On this day, October 11, 1469 in Dueñas (Palencia), King Fernando II of Aragon meets with Queen Isabel I of Castile, deciding to get married (they will be the Catholic Monarchs).

On this day, October 10, 1830 ~ Birth of Queen Isabella II of Spain at the Royal Palace in Madrid, Spain

A little under 3 years later Isabella was proclaimed queen of Spain following the death of her father with her mother Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies acting as Regent.

323px-Isabel_II%2C_ni%C3%B1a.jpg

On a day like today, October 13, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1292: The Christian troops of Sancho IV of Castile reconquer Tarifa (Cádiz) from the Sultan of Morocco.
1397: In Zaragoza, King Martín I of Aragon, the Human, swears the charters established by his father Pedro the Ceremonious, and two years later (on April 13, 1399) he was crowned in that city.
1843: Queen Isabel II establishes by decree the use of the national flag, with the yellow and red colors of the Navy's war insignia, which was used unofficially in Spain.

On this day, October 14, 1784 ~ Birth of Ferdinand VII of Spain at El Escorial Palace in Madrid, Spain

On this day, October 15, in the Spanish Monarchy:

958: Toda de Navarra, wife of Sancho Garcés I of Navarra, dies.
1173: Petronila, Aragonese queen, dies.
1522: Carlos I, King of Spain and Emperor of Germany, issues the royal certificate in Valladolid, conferring on Hernán Cortés the title of Governor and Captain General of New Spain.

On this day, October 19, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1469: In the Palace de los Vivero, in Valladolid (Spain), Isabel I of Castile and Ferdinand II of Aragon marry, a prelude to the unification of the crowns of Castile and Aragon.

Last edited:
On this day, October 24, 1503 ~ Birth of Isabel of Portugal, Queen of Spain, wife of King Charles I of Spain, in Lisbon, Portugal. She also was Holy Roman Empress.

On this day, October 24, 1503 ~ Birth of Isabel of Portugal, Queen of Spain, wife of King Charles I of Spain, in Lisbon, Portugal. She also was Holy Roman Empress.

The Holy Roman Empress was also queen of Castile, Aragon ,Naples and Sicily and also Regent for her husband of his Spanish kingdoms.

Of Isabella's numerous pregnancies 3 children lived into adulthood

Felipe II (1527-1598)
Maria later Holy Roman Empress (1528-1603)
Joanna (1535-1573)

On this day, October 25, 1692 ~ Birth of Elizabeth Farnese, Queen of Spain, wife of King Philip V of Spain, at Palazzo della Pilotta in Parma, Italy

On this day, October 25, 1692 ~ Birth of Elizabeth Farnese, Queen of Spain, wife of King Philip V of Spain, at Palazzo della Pilotta in Parma, Italy

Her father ,Odoardo Farnese was the son of the Duke of Parma but he never succeeded as his father Ranuccio II lived until December 1694.
Odoardo Farnese died in September 1693.

On this day, October 26, 1580 ~ Demise of Anna of Austria, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Philip II of Spain, in Badajoz, Spain

On this day, October 28, 1667 ~ Birth of Maria Anna of Neuburg, Queen of Spain, wife of King Charles II of Spain, at the Benrath Palace in Dusseldorf, Electorate of Palatinate

On this day, October 30, 1975 - Juan Carlos I, while still a prince, temporarily assumed the Head of State, due to the illness of Francisco Franco.

On this day, October 31, 1214 ~ Birth of Eleanor of England, Queen of Castile, wife of King Alfonso VIII of Castile, at the Abbey of Santa Maria la Real de Las Huelgas in Burgos, Kingdom of Castile

On this day, October 31, 1214 ~ Birth of Eleanor of England, Queen of Castile, wife of King Alfonso VIII of Castile, at the Abbey of Santa Maria la Real de Las Huelgas in Burgos, Kingdom of Castile

Was Infanta Leonor named in her honour?

On this day, October 31, in the Spanish Monarchy:

1850: Queen Isabel II inaugurates in the Carrera de San Jerónimo (Madrid), the inaugural session of the Spanish Courts in its new headquarters, current Congress of Deputies.
1978: The Spanish Cortes approve the first democratic Constitution of Spain.
2005: HRH Infanta Leonor de Borbón, Princess of Asturias is born

Eleanor of England died on 31st of October 1214 in Burgos and was born at Domfront in Normandy.

EleonoraAngl.jpg

On this day, November 1, 1549 ~ Birth of Anna of Austria, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Philip II of Spain, in Cigales, Spain

On thisday, November 1, in the Spanish Monarchy:
1661: Felipe Prospero of Austria, Prince of Asturias, dies.
1700: King Carlos II, the last King of the House of Austria, dies.
1977: Felipe de Borbón y Grecia is proclaimed Prince of Asturias in Covadonga.

On this day, November 1, 1549 ~ Birth of Anna of Austria, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Philip II of Spain, in Cigales, Spain

Anna was born on November 2nd 1549 at Cigales in Spain.
Her mother was Maria of Austria, Holy Roman Empress a sister of Felipe II.

In 1570 she married her uncle Felipe II and died 10 years later.

The Archduchess Anna
Neufchatel_Archduchess_Anna_of_Austria.JPG

5th of November 1235 : Death of Elisabeth/Beatriz of Swabia ,Queen of Castile and Leon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_of_Swabia

Elisabeth/ was the wife of Ferdinand III and died shortly after the birth of their daughter Infanta Maria.
The queens remains are buried at the Capilla Real of Seville Cathedral.

Beatrix_of_Swabia.jpg

On this day, November 6, 1479 ~ Birth of Queen Juana I of Castile in Toledo, the capital of the Kingdom of Castile

On this day, November 8, 1876 ~ Demise of Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo, Queen of Spain, spouse of King Amadeo I of Spain

On this day, November 11, 1748 ~ Birth of King Charles IV of Spain at the Palace of Portici, in Portici, Kingdom of Naples and Sicily

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, November 15, 1498, Leonor of Austria and Trastamara, Infanta of Castile and Aragon and Queen of Portugal, daughter of Juana I of Castile and Aragon, was born.

On this day, November 15, 1498, Leonor of Austria and Trastamara, Infanta of Castile and Aragon and Queen of Portugal, daughter of Juana I of Castile and Aragon, was born.

The Archduchess of Austria and Infanta of Castile went onto marry :
Manuel I of Portugal 1518-1521
François I of France : 1530-1547

On this day, November 22, 1602 ~ Birth of Elisabeth of France, Queen of Spain, wife of King Philip IV of Spain, at the Palace of Fontainebleau in France

Back
Top Bottom