On This Day: Italian Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CyrilVladisla

Imperial Majesty
City
Conneaut
Country
United States
On this day, October 4, 1841 ~ Birth of Maria Sophie in Bavaria, Queen of the Two Sicilies, wife of Francesco II, King of the Two Sicilies, at Possenhofen Castle in Possenhofen, Kingdom of Bavaria

On this day, October 6, 1819 ~ Demise of Charles Emanuel IV, King of Sardinia at the Palazzo Colonna in Rome, Papal States

On this day, October 15, 1711 ~ Birth of Elisabeth Therese of Lorraine, Queen of Sardinia, wife of King Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia, at the Chateau de Luneville, Duchy of Lorraine

On this day, October 16, 1796 ~ Demise of Victor Amadeus III, King of Sardinia at the Castle of Moncalieri in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

On this day, October 16, 1796 ~ Demise of Victor Amadeus III, King of Sardinia at the Castle of Moncalieri in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

Two of the his daughters had married into the French Royal Family

Marie Joséphine of Savoy married the Comte de Provence (future King Louis XVIII of France) in 1773.

Maria Theresa of Savoy married Charles Philippe, Count of Artois (future Charles X) in 1773.

Neither of the sisters lived to see the Bourbon restoration.

On this day, October 31, 1732 ~ Demise of Victor Amadeus II, King of Sardinia at the Castle of Rivoli in Turin, Duchy of Savoy

On this day, November 1, 1773 ~ Birth of Maria Theresa of Austria-Este, Queen of Sardinia, at the Royal Palace of Milan

On this day, November 7, 1898 ~ Demise of Maria Antonia of the Two Sicilies, Grand Duchess of Tuscany, spouse of Grand Duke Leopold II of Tuscany, at Schloss Ort in Gmunden, Austria

On this day, November 7, 1898 ~ Demise of Maria Antonia of the Two Sicilies, Grand Duchess of Tuscany, spouse of Grand Duke Leopold II of Tuscany, at Schloss Ort in Gmunden, Austria

The Dowager Grand Duchess had outlived her husband by 28 years and is buried beside her husband at the Capuchin crypt in Vienna.

376px-Princess_Maria_Antonietta_of_the_Two_Sicilies%2C_Grand_Duchess_of_Tuscany%2C_by_Giuseppe_Bezzuoli.jpg

On this day, November 8, 1830 ~ Demise of Francis I, King of the Two Sicilies in the Kingdom of Naples

On this day, November 11, 1869 ~ Birth of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy in Naples, Italy

On this day, November 14, 1812 ~ Birth of Maria Cristina of Savoy, Queen of the Two Sicilies, wife of King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies, in Cagliari, on the island of Sardinia

On this day, November 15, 1801 ~ Demise of Maria Clementina of Austria, Duchess of Calabria, spouse of the future Francis I, King of the Two Sicilies, in Naples, Kingdom of Naples

On this day, November 17, 1729 ~ Birth of Maria Antonia of Spain, Queen of Sardinia, wife of King Victor Amadeus II of Sardinia, at the Royal Alazar in Seville, Spain

19th of November 1557 - Death of Bona Sforza ,Dowager Queen of Poland and Grand Duchess of Lithuania

Bond was the widow of Sigismund I the Old ,king of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania.Bona was also Duchess of Bari and Rossano in her own right.
Following the death of her husband in 1548 Bona continued to exercise power as Queen Mother but in 1556 returned to her native Italy where she died at in Bari, Naples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bona_Sforza

389px-Jan_Matejko-Poisoning_of_Queen_Bona.jpg

On this day, November 20, 1851 ~ Birth of Margherita of Savoy, Queen of Italy, wife of King Humbert I of Italy, at Palazzo Chiablese in Turin, Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia

On this day, November 20, 1851 ~ Birth of Margherita of Savoy, Queen of Italy, wife of King Humbert I of Italy, at Palazzo Chiablese in Turin, Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia

Turin was not in the Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia.

On this day, November 20, 1851 ~ Birth of Margherita of Savoy, Queen of Italy, wife of King Humbert I of Italy, at Palazzo Chiablese in Turin, Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia

On this day, November 22, 1727 ~ Birth of Ercole III d'Este, Duke of Modena and Reggio at the Ducal Palace in Modena, the Duchy of Modena and Reggio

On this day, November 28, 1862 ~ Birth of Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, Duchess of Parma, spouse of Duke Robert I of Parma, in Bronnbach, Grand Duchy of Baden

On this day, November 28, 1862 ~ Birth of Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, Duchess of Parma, spouse of Duke Robert I of Parma, in Bronnbach, Grand Duchy of Baden

The Infanta was born in exile as her father had been banished from Portugal.

Among her many children was the Empress Zita and Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma,Prince Consort of Luxembourg.

On this day, December 6, 1792 ~ Birth of Maria Beatrice of Savoy, Duchess of Modena and Reggio, wife of Francis IV, Duke of Modena and Reggio, in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

On this day, December 19, 1814 ~ Birth of Maria Antonia of the Two Sicilies, Grand Duchess of Tuscany, wife of Grand Duke Leopold II of Tuscany, in Palermo, Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

On this day, December 25, 1194 ~ Holy Roman Emperor Henry VI crowned as King of Sicily in Palermo Cathedral

On this day, December 27, 1663 ~ Demise of Christine Marie of France, Duchess of Savoy, wife of Victor Amadeus I of Savoy, at the Palazzo Madama in Turin, Duchy of Savoy

On this day, December 28, 1947 ~ Demise of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy in Alexandria, Egypt

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, January 3, 1865 ~ Demise of Maria Ferdinanda of Saxony, Grand Duchess of Tuscany, spouse of Grand Duke Ferdinand III of Tuscany

On this day, January 4, 1825 ~ Demise of Ferdinand I, King of the Two Sicilies in Naples, the Kingdom of Naples

On this day, December 25, 1194 ~ Holy Roman Emperor Henry VI crowned as King of Sicily in Palermo Cathedral

Henry VI had the previous King ,William III overthrown and imprisoned where he later had the 12 year old king blinded and castrated and he later died.
William's mother and sisters were also imprisoned but were later released.

On this day, January 8, 1873 ~ Birth of Elena of Montenegro, Queen Consort of King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy, in Cetinje, Montenegro

On this day, January 10, 1824 ~ Demise of Victor Emmanuel I, King of Sardinia, at the Castle of Moncalieri in Turin, Duchy of Savoy

On this day, January 12, 1751 ~ Birth of Ferdinand I, King of the Two Sicilies at the Royal Palace in the Kingdom of Naples

On this day, January 13, 1735 ~ Demise of Polyxena of Hesse-Rheinfels-Rotenburg, Queen of Sardinia, spouse of King Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia, at the Royal Palace of Turin

On this day, January 14, 1823 ~ Birth of Charles III, Duke of Parma at the Villa delle Pianore near Lucca in the Duchy of Lucca

On this day, January 16, 1836 ~ Birth of Francis II, King of the Two Sicilies in Naples, Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

On this day, January 17, 1779 ~ Birth of Maria Cristina of Naples and Sicily, Queen Consort of King Charles Felix of Sardinia, at Caserta Palace in the Kingdom of Naples

On this day, January 19, 1925 ~ Demise of Maria Sophie in Bavaria, Queen of the Two Sicilies, in Munich, Bavaria

On this day, January 20, 1855 ~ Demise of Adelheid of Austria, Queen of Sardinia, wife of King Victor Emmanuel II of Sardinia

On this day, January 21, 1836 ~ Demise of Maria Cristina of Savoy, Queen Consort of King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies

On this day, January 25, 1494 ~ King Alfonso II succeeded his father as King of Naples

On this day, January 27, 2001 ` Demise of Queen Marie Jose of Italy, wife of King Umberto II of Italy, in Geneva, Switzerland

On this day, January 29, 1870 ~ Demise of Leopold II, Grand Duke of Tuscany in Rome, Papal States

On this day, February 1, 1864 ~ Demise of Louise Marie Therese of France, Duchess of Parma, spouse of Duke Charles III of Parma, at the Palazzo Giustinian in Venice

On this day, February 5, 1704 ~ Birth of Anna Christine of Palatine Sulzbach, Princess of Piedmont, first wife of King Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia, at the Palace of Sulzbach-Rosenberg in the Palatinate of Sulzbach

On this day, February 10, 1606 ~ Birth of Christine Marie of France, Duchess of Savoy, daughter of King Henry IV of Savoy, wife of Duke Victor Amadeus I of Savoy, at the Palais du Louvre in Paris, France

13th of February 1539 : Death of Isabella d'Este, Marquise of Mantua.

Isabella d'Este was a powerful Italian noble and a leading lady in the Italian Renaissance as a patron of the arts.

Isabella d'Este died aged 64 and is buried at Santa Paola in Mantua.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_d'Este

361px-Isabella_d%27Este%2C_marchioness_of_Mantua%2C_1474-1539_volume_1_-_Frontispiece.png

On this day, February 20, 1773 ~ Demise of King Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

On this day, March 7, 1802 ~ Demise of Marie Clotilde of France, Queen of Sardinia, in Naples, Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

On this day, March 11, 1849 ~ Demise of Maria Cristina of Naples and Sicily, Queen of Sardinia, wife of King Charles Felix of Sardinia

On this day, March 12, 1723 ~ Demise of Anna Christine of Palatine Sulzbach, Princess of Piedmont, first wife of Charles Emmanuel III, King of Sardinia, at the Royal Palace of Turin

On this day, March 14, 1820 ~ Birth of Victor Emmanuel II, King of Sardinia and Italy, at the Palazzo Carignano in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

Back
Top Bottom