Name & Godparent Suggestions for the Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still can smell for a january birth. its already 25th, the twins passed the chrismas thank god.

for names, i think they will give english names, i would love for a girl maybe anne, rachel, catherine, etc... and for boys richard, johan, thomas, peter, john, michael, etc...

about isabella's name, i dont know why its such a rare and unsual name, i disagree, i know lots of women known as isabella. its such a regular but beautiful name. ok not a denmark's name, but many countries uses it.

It's still Christmas for 4 hours over there? ;)

You said the twins have passed the christmas, well they haven't as it is still the 25th in Denmark for the next 4 hours, when they could be born.

sorry, sorry, my bad..
i was thinking about other county, but yes its still the 25th on denmark.:flowers:

Well, christmas isn´t over in Denmark until the 26th December has passed :):):)

Will the names be announced immediately, or do we have to wait?

We'll have to wait at least 3 months. :)
Well, they could choose to have the twins christened when they are 2½ months old :)

So around 2½ - 3 months we have to wait - til the christening :flowers:

Perhaps the twins shall be christened before Easter.

Patricia Bailey
John Donaldson
Tanja Minh-Doky
Prince Gustav
Carina Axelsson
Pss Nathalie
Prince Haakon
Prince Nikolaos
Pss Nikolaos

Names:

Carl Valdemar Axel Joachim

Johan Alexander Andre Axel

Gustav Frederik Henrik Carl

Alexandrine Ingrid Margrethe Patricia

Elisabeth Viktoria Frederikke Alice

Marie-Louise Henrietta Wilhelmina

Amalia Marina Louisa Maria

sorry, sorry, my bad..
i was thinking about other county, but yes its still the 25th on denmark.:flowers:

In Denmark we celebrate christmas with gifts in the evening and afternoon the 24'th of december.

The 25'th and 26'th of december are also holidays. You would usually have a christmas lunch with family or friends.

i still can smell for a january birth. its already 25th, the twins passed the chrismas thank god.

for names, i think they will give english names, i would love for a girl maybe anne, rachel, catherine, etc... and for boys richard, johan, thomas, peter, john, michael, etc...

about isabella's name, i dont know why its such a rare and unsual name, i disagree, i know lots of women known as isabella. its such a regular but beautiful name. ok not a denmark's name, but many countries uses it.

I am always thinking of Isabella as the Spanish form of Elizabeth.

CP Marys name is Mary Elizabeth and I thought that perhaps Isabella was named after her mother or the Queen Isabella of Castillia or the Queen Isabella/Elizabeth married to Christian II in 1515.

Last edited by a moderator:
^well, for elizabeth we have elisabete (which is portuguese and spanish), and for isabella we have isabel.
isabella might be a form for other languages, but its not a spanish form of elizabeth, the thing is, both names have special meaning and royalty behind and they are look alike, thats why you thought about that:flowers:

I am always thinking of Isabella as the Spanish form of Elizabeth.

CP Marys name is Mary Elizabeth and I thought that perhaps Isabella was named after her mother or the Queen Isabella of Castillia or the Queen Isabella/Elizabeth married to Christian II in 1515.

But Isabella is the italian form of Elizabeth. The spanish Version is Isabel.
I would have liked it as a name of one of the daughters of Felipe and Letizia.
As for the christening i think at last 2 1/2 month. Christioan was over 3 months old at his christeng and Isabella 2 1/2 months but probably with Christian they i took a bit longer because there was Christmas and New Year between with the New Years Courts etc.

Kathia and Stefan

Very interesting, thanks.

Girls
Ingrid
Louise
Charlotte
Sophie
Alexandra
Julia

Boys
Axel
Alexander
Conrad
William
Michael

Godparents:
Princess Marie
Prince Daniel
Princess Maxima
Prince Haakon

I haven't been around in quite a while, but I had to pop in here for the birth of the twins!

Personally, I think Frederik & Mary will surprise us with their name choices for the twins. I was surprised with their choice of Isabella. I hope they won't name one of the babies Margrethe if they have a girl, as I am not a fan of the fact that Joachim & Marie named their son Henrik. I like the idea of naming a child after their grandparent, but I think it would've been better to honor him in a middle name, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, I am almost certain that Marie will be one of the godparents, along with one or two of Mary's siblings. I'm unsure if they will choose any royals, but I tend to think they will have at least have one. I think W-A, Maxima, or Daniel would be good choices.

Maybe Prince Bruce of Denmark? | Herald Sun

Johan and and Mathilde are Australia's picks(and mine as well) Johan honors both Marys dad and is Scandinavian while Mathilde is very Australian (Waltzing Matilda) and is also Scandinavian. If they go with Mathilde to bad they cant use Mathilde of Belgium as gm since she is Isabella's!

Boys:
Johan René Michael Gustaf
Oscar Stuart Frederik Alexander
William Carl Thomas Frederik
Peter André Charles Joachim

Girls:
Catharina Mary Lovisa Jane
Helene Alexandrine Sophia Renée
Thyra Christina Alberta Mary
Charlotte Lovisa Mary Elisabeth

Last edited:
How is the name Thyra pronounced in Denmark? Is it TY-RAH or THIGH-RAH or TEAR-AH?

According to google.translate it's pronounced Tu-rah (in Danish).

I like this group for Godparents, and I'll throw in some Norwegian royals too.

As for names, I don't think we'll see Ingrid, Henrietta or Margrethe used at all since they are Isabella's middle names.

That may not matter. If you look at Queen Margrethe's names and those of her sisters, you'll see that Ingrid is the last of each of their 4 names. So it's a possibility that one of Isabella's (or Christian's) names could be used for a sibling.

Last edited:
I am sticking with my original pool of first names:

GIRLS: Matilda, Adelaide, Victoria, Xenia, Charlotte, Amelia...

BOYS: Oscar, Olafur, Johan, William (Wilhelm), Harald (Harry), Thomas...

Not even going to begin to speculate on middle names or order...too hard!

That may not matter. If you look at Queen Margrethe's names and those of her sisters, you'll see that Ingrid is the last of each of their 4 names.
Yes, but in that case it´s used as a surname :flowers:

Boys:
Frederick will probably be in there somewhere
Eric
Knud would be awesome, they should bring back Knud.
Christopher
Neils
Canute
Magnus
(Male names are a little limited in the Danish Royal family. Unless you want to go old school)

Girls:
Emma
Sophie
Amalie
Charlotte
Louise
Jane as a middle name, to honor her sister
Patricia again as a middle name to honor her sister.
Juliana

We might see Mary's sister Jane or her brother John as godparents. Those are really the only sure bets I can think of right now.

I'm sory but Magnus, Canut, Knut are not old school, how much older would you like to go.

Names?

Boy: Either Christian or Frederik, that's almost a certainty.
A Greenlandic or Faroese name.
John.
Peter or the name of another very close friend.

Girl: Ingrid.
Probably Margrethe as well.
A Greenlandic or Farose name.
Caroline perhaps?
Viktoria.

Christian? as in their eldest son's name? two prince Christians of Denmark, interesting thought there. It is as odd as someone suggesting Nicholas, considering Joachim's oldest son is Nicholas.

I'm sory but Magnus, Canut, Knut are not old school, how much older would you like to go.
Canut is the english form of Knud. So it´s only Knud that will be used ifthey choose to :flowers:

Christian? as in their eldest son's name? two prince Christians of Denmark, interesting thought there. It is as odd as someone suggesting Nicholas, considering Joachim's oldest son is Nicholas.
Muhler is right here: A son will with 99% have either Christian or Frederik as one of the names, not as the first name.

The oldest son of Prince Joachim is not Nicholas, but Nikolai.

My guess is on two girls. But fraternal, even if it would be cuter if they were not. But given Marys age it's more likely she'll have fraternal twins.

Names:

Charlotte
Ingeborg (Ingrid would have been a possibility if there wouldn't be an Ingrid in Norway already. That's why I choose Ingeborg. But maybe just as a middle-name. Or they'll choose Ingrid as a middle-name regardless of the norwegian Ingrid? Could be possible, too)
Elisabeth
Carolina
Sophia
Amalia
Dagmar
Emma
Josephine
Jane
Patricia

My bet on the first names are Charlotte and Josephine. The others would be middle-names.

If my guess is wrong and there will be at least one boy, my guess is:

Magnus
Knud
Philip
Maximilian

I think Daniel is a real big possibility, seeing as he's the husband of the woman who Frederik thinks of as a sister in some ways. The Scandinavian royals are very close, especially Haakon, Frederik and Victoria. They're doing a lot of official things together. And I'm pretty sure, Haakon, Mette-Marit, Frederik and Mary already knew Daniel for a long time before the marriage/engagement. And we're not talking about an heir here. So it could very well be Daniel among the godparents of one twin. I think it's more likely than Madeleine or Carl-Philip.

Other godparents may be Marie and Joachim. Or one (or more) of Marys siblings. Or Maybe Märtha of Norway? One of Willem-Alexanders brothers? Could be. I mean, the twins are not that high ranked than Christian, so they could have godparents of other royal houses who are not that high ranked either. Or Mary and Frederik choose some non-royal friend. Could be, too.

In that reasoning, Ingrid being out because of Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway, much of your list would be out.
Ingrid- Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
Elisabeth-daughter and heir to the heir of the throne of Belgium
Sophia- well Sofia infanta of spain, younger daughter of crown prince
Amalia-Princess Catharina-Amalia, more commonly known as Amalia, daughter of crown prince Wilhelm-Alexander of Norway
Emma-there is an Emma out there some where, whose I can't remember
Magnus- Sverre-Magnus of Norway

I am not saying the names would not be used again, but if you are ruling out Ingrid because of Norway, the others should be ruled out as well.

That's what I think, too. Christian was sure but Isabella is a very modern name. Don't think they will chose traditional ones, at least not for the first name.
I like Charlotte because it's Danish and English. As a boy's name I'm really into Oscar although I prefer Victoria to chose it if she gets a boy.

Just because Isabelle is popular now, doesn't make it modern. Isabella of Spain (whole Christopher Columbus, was also mother of Henry VIII's first wife). Ysabel is from the bible. Isabelle is from Arthurian legend (mother of Tristan). It was stated by Mary and Frederick they found the name in the royal family tree some where. Just because the name is popular in modern times, doesn't make it old by any means.

Emma-there is an Emma out there some where, whose I can't remember
Emma-Tallulah is the youngest daughterof Princess Martha-Louise of Norway:

My suggestions concerning names:

Waldemar Holger Frederik Richard
Marina Victoria Mathilda Renee

For eventual second boy:
Paul Henrik Christian Magnus

For eventual second girl:
Lavinia Madeleine Jacinta Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.