Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least Samantha isn't bragging about how much access she has to the Palace yet. I would say that would do far more damage than some disgruntled relative that hasn't had contact with Meghan in years.

And really, if we want to talk about embarrassment, I think while Meghan's half siblings are a pain with their blabbing, they aren't even close to some of the embarrassment members of the royal family has been caught in.

The half siblings seem to have very limited access and content. Tom Sykes who writes for the Daily Beast says that editors are gleeful about using the siblings to embarass Meghan. Truthfully they seem to be those relatives you only see at Christmas and assorted birthdays and then LIFE happens. They are in their 50's and have had their own life, they should allow Meghan to do the same.

There is always sensitivity and criticism regarding royals being too closely tied to various people and organizations in order to benefit some unfairly over others. His comments is directly related to the monarchy whereas Meghan will never give her Markle half-siblings the chance even to do so.

Gary Goldsmith has zero access to the palace or Monarchy. Just because he said it doesn’t make it so.

There’s nothing stopping Samantha from making the same claim.

The Countess of Wessex was recorded saying all sorts of unflattering things about the royals and British politicians. Far worse than anything Gary has ever said.

The thing with Meghan's siblings is that it is public knowledge she hasn't spoken to them in years. They can talk until their heads fall off but that doesn't change the fact they know very little about who Meghan is now. All they have is the past which for some is almost a decade ago. In the grand scheme the BRF have dealt with bigger and more scandalous then this. It is embarrassing but nothing major.

Responding to the Markles keeps this one sided beef going. I'm surprised Sam is not feuding with her dad. Sam and Jr sold to the press that Tom Sr would be hurt by Harry's family she never had comment. Dad side on record Harry.is a gentleman and is happy for them. Sr just undercuts his older children.

The overall arc of Sam and Tom, Jr.'s many public comments seems to me to circle more around their father than Meghan. My theory, just based on what really seems to rile them up and get them blabbing, is that the two of them have always felt themselves to be in competition for Dad's attention or approval, and that's at the heart of their perception of the family as a whole. Their battling comments tend to boil down to, "I spoke to Dad which is how I know my brother sold Dad out..." "No, I'm the one who really knows Dad, which is why I know just how he felt about Prince Harry's comment..." "No, I'm the closest to Dad and I know better than anyone if he'll want to go down the aisle...." Ultimately, I can't help but think they've probably always just looked at their much younger half-sister as an interloper and a weapon to be used in their battle with each other.

Gary Goldsmith has zero access to the palace or Monarchy. Just because he said it doesn’t make it so.

There’s nothing stopping Samantha from making the same claim.

The Countess of Wessex was recorded saying all sorts of unflattering things about the royals and British politicians. Far worse than anything Gary has ever said.

That's just quite frankly untrue about Samantha being able to make the same claims. While over time, Gary's access is limited to Will and Kate, he was invited to wedding and have close ties with them. Samantha can make all the claim she wants, but given that she can't even get close to Meghan, it's an absolute zero chance.

Countess of Wessex saying unflattering things about members of the royal family has nothing to do with Gary bragging about access. Sophie, as a member of that family, at that point shared her opinion on some people and things. While that was unflattering, that's not anything more than family squabble at most.

That's just quite frankly untrue about Samantha being able to make the same claims. While over time, Gary's access is limited to Will and Kate, he was invited to wedding and have close ties with them. Samantha can make all the claim she wants, but given that she can't even get close to Meghan, it's an absolute zero chance.

Countess of Wessex saying unflattering things about members of the royal family has nothing to do with Gary bragging about access. Sophie, as a member of that family, at that point shared her opinion on some people and things. While that was unflattering, that's not anything more than family squabble at most.

Why wouldn’t Gary be invited to the wedding? Like I said he’s rough around the edges and has done stupid things but he loves Kate. Has never said a bad word.

Weddings are a celebration and a time for families to come together.

Anyone who takes Gary seriously saying he has a room in BP needs their head checked.

I can think of many people in Kate’s family who would come before Gary.

Why wouldn’t Gary be invited to the wedding? Like I said he’s rough around the edges and has done stupid things but he loves Kate. Has never said a bad word.

Weddings are a celebration and a time for families to come together.

Anyone who takes Gary seriously saying he has a room in BP needs their head checked.

I can think of many people in Kate’s family who would come before Gary.

I'm not sure what love has to do with it when it comes to embarrassing the royals. And really, if you really love someone, you'd put their need before your own bragging rights. Bottom line is, as much as people have shitted on Meghan for her family, they are far from contained in what they can do to cause embarrassment to the royal family because Meghan has not allowed them any access to her.

I'm not sure what love has to do with it when it comes to embarrassing the royals. And really, if you really love someone, you'd put their need before your own bragging rights. Bottom line is, as much as people have shitted on Meghan for her family, they are far from contained in what they can do to cause embarrassment to the royal family because Meghan has not allowed them any access to her.

I’m confused about how it embarrasses the royals? Gary himself may have been embarrassed after he said it by why would anyone in the royal family be upset by it?

The Countess of Wessex probably embarrassed some members of the Firm as she is actually a member and not someone’s uncle.

But regardless of what you think about Gary, he’s old news. It’s Meghan’s sister and brother who are all over the tabloids today.

That’s what this thread is about.

I’m confused about how it embarrasses the royals? Gary himself may have been embarrassed after he said it by why would anyone in the royal family be upset by it?

The Countess of Wessex probably embarrassed some members of the Firm as she is actually a member and not someone’s uncle.

But regardless of what you think about Gary, he’s old news. It’s Meghan’s sister and brother who are all over the tabloids today.

That’s what this thread is about.

The discussion on Gary have gone much deeper than it should have. I was simply pointing out distant family members Meghan doesn't have contact with can cause far less issues for her as she has no contact with them and they have no up to date information on her life. No need to jump on me about that.

Last edited:
Did someone ask why Tom Jr and his issues were discussed on here??

Well, the above link is just one example for ya. It was brought over. :ohmy:

2nd examples?? Tom Jr is right there in action, courting the press, HIMSELF! ?

Discussing all things Meghan, no less :whistling:

Why is a DM reporter boozing it up with MM's half brother? It seems really shady as if they are deliberately trying to create drama. Clearly these people are being exploited for nefarious reasons.
Save

Why is a DM reporter boozing it up with MM's half brother? It seems really shady as if they are deliberately trying to create drama. Clearly these people are being exploited for nefarious reasons.
Save

Eh, I'm not so incline to only blame one side here. He might be trying to exploit, but the Tom Jr is also more than willing.

Save

Tom Jr is in his fifties, he is not a child. He phoned the journalist, not the other way around. He courts attention then cries about it. I have no sympathy for these people who never think twice about selling Meghan out, no consideration whatsoever for her feelings or position. And to be frank these people particularly his sister have the potential to be much much worse than any other that have been mentioned regarding the BRF. They just haven’t the material to work with because Meghan is too sensible to give them an opening.

For goodness sake, Meg's family seem tot be positively eager to "sell her out". Its ridiculous to blame reporters for taking advantage of them. But the steady drip of unpleasant chit chat from them is pretty unedifying. But it is probably impossible to shut them up, even if they were paid off, or signed Non disclosure agreemetns I doubt if Samantha, at least would stick by them.

For goodness sake, Meg's family seem tot be positively eager to "sell her out". Its ridiculous to blame reporters for taking advantage of them. But the steady drip of unpleasant chit chat from them is pretty unedifying. But it is probably impossible to shut them up, even if they were paid off, or signed Non disclosure agreemetns I doubt if Samantha, at least would stick by them.

The worse possible thing Meghan or anyone associated with Meghan could do is to try and rationalize with these people. Just the fact that they tried to "rationalize" with the siblings or come to some kind of an agreement about non disclosure just alludes to there being some skeleton in the closet they don't want escaping.

Meghan has gone all this time without associating with these people and now, by their actions, Meghan is given even more reasons to keep her distance from them. The siblings can whine, bitch and moan to the media all they want but eventually it will be seen that, with absolutely no response whatsoever from Meghan (or Harry or anyone close to Meghan), the siblings have come to the front lines dressed for battle with the opposing army refusing to even show up.

The worse possible thing Meghan or anyone associated with Meghan could do is to try and rationalize with these people. Just the fact that they tried to "rationalize" with the siblings or come to some kind of an agreement about non disclosure just alludes to there being some skeleton in the closet they don't want escaping.

M
Who tried to rationalise with them?

You don’t get anyone else who has married into the BRF or about to having their childhood memories abused, scavenged and sold for cash at every opportunity the way Meghan’s is. Her half relations have lowered bar exponentially I must say. Poor Meghan, poor Doria.

Who tried to rationalise with them?

No one tried to rationalize with the siblings. I was just pointing out that it would be a grand mistake for anyone to even attempt to interact with the siblings. *Any* kind of attention given to these people by anyone in Meghan's corner is going to be like adding gasoline to a infernal blaze.

No one tried to rationalize with the siblings. I was just pointing out that it would be a grand mistake for anyone to even attempt to interact with the siblings. *Any* kind of attention given to these people by anyone in Meghan's corner is going to be like adding gasoline to a infernal blaze.

sorry I wasn't quite sure if there had been some attempt to talk to them.. but I doubt if it would come out anyway....

You don’t get anyone else who has married into the BRF or about to having their childhood memories abused, scavenged and sold for cash at every opportunity the way Meghan’s is. Her half relations have lowered bar exponentially I must say. Poor Meghan, poor Doria.

I think so... Everyone has ONE embarrassing relative at least, who will say the wrong thing, act up in public or do things at times to embarrass people.. and if one is a prominent person, like a US President or a royal, well there is bound to be one gaffe, or one awful uncle or brother or whatever. Gary is that one for Kate... and I think she wasn't wise to be seen taking holidays with him.. I hope this latest fiasco he's had will teach her to keep away. but Meg seems to have quite a few relatives who are basicaly hostile to her and are keen to sell her out and embarrass her.. and I don't think that there's anything much that can be doen about them.

There really isn't anything Meghan or even the RF can do to stop these people from talking without making their gossip more noticeable. Imagine the headlines 'The RF tried to shut me up, they tried to bury the TRUTH ABOUT MEGHAN!!!!' Meghan has had no contact with them for years, they haven't been in her life for ages, there's nothing else to do.

there's nothing else to do

Indeed the wisest course is to do and say NOTHING .. 'never apologise, NEVER explain'..

Last edited:
sorry I wasn't quite sure if there had been some attempt to talk to them.. but I doubt if it would come out anyway....

I'm pretty sure if there had been such attempts, we would've heard about it by now from Samantha. She's talked about everything else. :lol:

Yeah, I agree....there is no point in saying anything publicly or personally IMO.

If Meghan choose to speak publicly, than that just adds fuel to the fire. And it becomes a he said she said situation.

If Meghan chooses to speak to her siblings privately, based upon what they have said and done...how could she trust them to keep the conversation private and just let sleeping dogs lie. She can't trust them.

As Maya Angelou said...When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

For the foreseeable future, Meghan will be somewhat in the public eye and the press (until the new big sensation comes along) will always go to Samantha and anybody else who is willing to sell their sibling out for 30 pieces of gold. When the story becomes old the press will move on. And than Samantha will have truly have nothing and probably become more angry at her sister.

I must be among the minority of fans who just don't care about the Markles at all. :lol: The moment the engagement was announced, I knew for sure that all the drama was having no real impact on Meghan or this relationship. I don't think Meghan spends much time at all thinking about Samantha or her brother and their media shenanigans.

What it is interesting to me is that, with the exception of the one DM interview, Doria's side of the family has remained quiet. That to me suggests that Doria is still very close to her immediate family, some of whom we may very well see at the wedding.

Has Meghan's father said anything? With all this drama I'm beginning to think he was hiding from the rest of his family down there in Mexico. Poor man.

I must be among the minority of fans who just don't care about the Markles at all. :lol: The moment the engagement was announced, I knew for sure that all the drama was having no real impact on Meghan or this relationship. I don't think Meghan spends much time at all thinking about Samantha or her brother and their media shenanigans.

Agreed. But I also think Prince Harry realises he may not find another person like Meghan again. He is 33 years old and Meghan ticked all the boxes of a person he would want to Marry. You don't just want to marry someone with a pretty face and that's it. There are a tons of those women around. We have to remember, whomever he chose would also marry not just to him, but the institution.

It would be a disaster to marry a model for example who have no intention of doing the work that's required by a senior member of the RF. Imagine the issues that would create in that marriage. He even said on past interviews he was lonely going on those tours by himself, he needed someone who enjoys that type of work and lifestyle. Meghan was already doing a ton of those things on her own plus she already had a big public profile and on top of it all she looks great. He was not going to risk letting her get away.

If we think about it logically it makes perfect sense why he has been so protective of her from the beginning. He is not going to let anyone screw that up for him and I agree with his assessment of the whole thing. I am not saying the marriage will last till death do them part, no one can. I am just saying Meghan ticked all the important boxes.

Last edited:
Her dad has been relatively quiet. They tracked him down twice now and all he has said was he loves her, Harry is a good guy, and he is happy for them. That's it. He also asked them repeatedly to leave him alone.

Samantha Grant, keep cashing those checks. She will take those checks and say whatever they want her to say. Some people are saying she is flip-flopping, to which I say no. She just takes those checks and say whatever they want her to say. She is laughing all the way to the bank. She doesn't care about going to that wedding, she cares about getting paid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom