Meghan and Harry:The Real Story

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest of lovely Prince Leo von Breithen Thurn and Lady Colin Campbell's Coronavirus lockdown chats, covering the launch of her book, now that it has been released in most markets.

After the 28th of July - the release date for the US - they will be answering questions sent to them about it. You are invited to send queries to them.

Am amazed at how quickly Lady Colin can move when needed. (The cranberry sauce, left in the sun in the family kitchen, explodes mid-chat. Yes, an "explosvie" video indeed!)

Last edited:
I’m sure any “faux pas” 4 days after the wedding would have been attributed to Meghan still learning the ropes and not as an insult to Charles or anyone else

Possibly..but if she was saying she was bored loudly and wanting to go, possibly Charles might say "Go on then".

The latest of lovely Prince Leo von Breithen Thurn and Lady Colin Campbell's Coronavirus lockdown chats,

Is that a real title? I have never heard of it before. Surely if it would be a princely title it would feature somewhere in the genealogy databases. A fake Lady Campbell being interviewed by a fake prince, perhaps that is all we need to know about the credibility of this interview and of this book.

Last edited:
There's a little piece on this young man in this Facebook page Fake Titles and Orders, along with the information that this family died out in the male line in the 19th century.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/fake.orders/posts/

(If you don't want to log in to this site just scroll down and you will be able to read (just) the info posted under the huge cross there.)

Last edited:
Possibly..but if she was saying she was bored loudly and wanting to go, possibly Charles might say "Go on then".

But...there is no reason at all to think she did say it. There's nothing in her background to indicate this might even be what she said. Her first engagement after marrying, with her inlaws....she's not a bored socialite who just happened to marry into the BRF. All evidence points to her strong work ethic and intelligence ...and you'd have to be stupid to behave that way to being with.

LaRae

Is that a real title? I have never heard of it before. Surely if it would be a princely title it would feature somewhere in the genealogy databases. A fake Lady Campbell being interviewed by a fake prince, perhaps that is all we need to know about the credibility of this interview and of this book.

One of Leo and Lady Colin’s chats, on her social media, has quite a long explanation of his title and heritage Marengo.

Also, another of their videos explains Lady Colin’s use of her title, following such a brief marriage.

They have been doing at least one, sometimes two, videos a week during lockdown. Some chats are very long, an hour and a half. Covering many topics, not just the Sussexes.

This "rumor" kicked off with Meghan haters who spread it. There was no professional lip reader who stated it. It was the tumblr crew who did. I was actually surprised the Mail who notoriously loathes Meghan actually got a lip reader to "debunk it" whether people believe it or not.

This video clip has been online for 2 years. You can see Charles and Camilla say their goodbyes to the Sussexes as both couples left. This was Meghan's very first engagement as a royal. I mean... come on. All eyes were on her and you think she was openly stating she was bored and being blatantly disrespectful to her hosts?

I know people dislike Meghan but lets use a little common sense here.

Lady C's book is silly gossip but I think most know it. That is the nature of the beast.

If this man was entitled to be a Prince then his name would appear in the Almanach de Gotha or at the least on one of the genealogy bases available online. Anyone can say they're a Prince and then make up an explanation for adopting such a styling.

And if Lady Colin had insisted on writing under her maiden name as she has stated she wanted to then the publishers would have had to accede to her wishes. She was and is legally entitled to write under her married name of course but IMO has chosen to do so to add to the aristocratic persona she has assumed for the last twenty five years or so.

One of Leo and Lady Colin’s chats, on her social media, has quite a long explanation of his title and heritage Marengo.

I fear that whatever his explanation for his title is it can only be false. He is not a prince and not an HSH - a family of that rank and prefix would be known in the genealogy databases. In all these years on TRF we have seen many of these fake princes, 'rightful kings' , relatives of [insert royal] coming by and this guy has the same red flags. Starting with a preposterous over-use of his 'title' in a situation that few if any nobles would use it.

The only traces of the family online are dodgy & mostly seem to trace back to 'prince' Leo. And then there is this family tree:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...Ducal_House_of_Novosel_von_Breithen-Thurn.jpg

Marriages with the Liechtenstein and the Teck families, which are not mentioned in the genealogy of these families. It is also unlikely that for three generations an HSH family can only refer to the wife of a head of the family as 'mother of duke' without any details. Just in this image alone you can see over 20 reasons why this can only be a work of fantasy. Elaborating on this wikipedia page and embellishing & extending it to reach a desired line to 'Prince Leo' and upgrading the 'titles' of the family to duke and prince.

Using false names, titles or prefixes and trying to create an online trail of a non-existent dynasty is not normal behavior. The best case scenario is that it is a joke between 'prince' Leo and the author of the dreadful book that is the topic of this thread. Fun for them perhaps but it shows that the only right place for this book is the garbage bin.

Curryong said:
If this man was entitled to be a Prince then his name would appear in the Almanach de Gotha or at the least on one of the genealogy bases available online. Anyone can say they're a Prince and then make up an explanation for adopting such a styling.

Indeed. He is free to call himself Donald Duck for all I care but it doesn't mean that he is him. The same goes for this title.

Last edited:
She is nooooo fan of Meghan either.

“I was at the Palace Party just after Harry and Meghan's wedding. Was told that H wd only stay for a short time, just to show how grateful he was to his father, but didn't want to take the limelight away from Charles' first of many birthday parties. They weren't pushed out.”

Hopefully the tabloid Press, (which has leaped on the Tumblr owner Murky Meg an anti-Meghanite who gave out that theory and has constantly shown that video of the Sussexes leaving) will now quote Angela Leven who was actually there. At least I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath!

Last edited:
I am the first to admit that I am not a huge Harry and Megan fan but even logic says to me that there is no way that Megan would be intentionally rude at her first appearance after her wedding.

As it was known they weren’t going straight on honeymoon I presume the plan was for a quick appearance as a bit of a thank you and to make the most of their huge popularity and then allow them to get back to enjoy being by themselves like every other newlyweds.

Lady Colin Campbell does get some things right eg Diana’s affair and eating disorder struggles although it took a number of years before these were proven right so somewhere she has some information coming from someone in the know however she does appear to hide the nuggets of gold in lots of gossip and innuendo which dilutes her reliability and our ability to be able to take her seriously.

She is nooooo fan of Meghan either.

“I was at the Palace Party just after Harry and Meghan's wedding. Was told that H wd only stay for a short time, just to show how grateful he was to his father, but didn't want to take the limelight away from Charles' first of many birthday parties. They weren't pushed out.”

That makes sense. I just never bought the idea that they were kicked out or that they were so bored they wanted to leave. Charles had just walked Meghan down the aisle and made her mother feel at home- and aside from that, she encouraged Harry to grow closer to his father.

I fear that whatever his explanation for his title is it can only be false. He is not a prince and not an HSH - a family of that rank and prefix would be known in the genealogy databases. In all these years on TRF we have seen many of these fake princes, 'rightful kings' , relatives of [insert royal] coming by and this guy has the same red flags. Starting with a preposterous over-use of his 'title' in a situation that few if any nobles would use it.

The only traces of the family online are dodgy & mostly seem to trace back to 'prince' Leo. And then there is this family tree:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...Ducal_House_of_Novosel_von_Breithen-Thurn.jpg

Marriages with the Liechtenstein and the Teck families, which are not mentioned in the genealogy of these families. It is also unlikely that for three generations an HSH family can only refer to the wife of a head of the family as 'mother of duke' without any details. Just in this image alone you can see over 20 reasons why this can only be a work of fantasy. Elaborating on this wikipedia page and embellishing & extending it to reach a desired line to 'Prince Leo' and upgrading the 'titles' of the family to duke and prince.

Using false names, titles or prefixes and trying to create an online trail of a non-existent dynasty is not normal behavior. The best case scenario is that it is a joke between 'prince' Leo and the author of the dreadful book that is the topic of this thread. Fun for them perhaps but it shows that the only right place for this book is the garbage bin.

Indeed. He is free to call himself Donald Duck for all I care but it doesn't mean that he is him. The same goes for this title.

Thanks for this Marengo.

I’ve just been reading some of the almost two thousand comments on the you-tube of this latest chat video and most people haven’t registered any prince claim so I don’t think that is influencing the marketing. Some even think he is Theo and not Leo, so their popularity isn’t based on that.

Over sixty thousand views of this video alone so far.

Majority of comments are just about sharing the joy that people are getting from these videos chats.

And now comments are coming through that people are being told the current supply has sold out - Amazon and some shops. (Hard copy, not kindle.) More will be delivered no doubt.

I have also been on some anti-Meghan sites and it seems this book has been a bit of a let-down. Lady Colin didn’t actually produce the “barn-burner” they were hoping for.

Now people are able to actually read it, Lady Colin is being criticised for being too generous and balanced towards the Duke and Duchess, and for giving praise to the couple where she saw fit.

Hope to get my hands on a copy soon and see for myself.

Last edited:
Of course the anti-Meghan sites are disappointed. They were hoping Lady C would confirm all the extreme and outrageous rubbishy theories that have sprung up on the internet over the last three years, about Meghan's past, her mother Doria's past, surrogacy, the TWO previous marriages etc etc. Things in fact that the publishers could be sued for libel for.

Nevertheless, Lady Colin has trawled social media for copy, I recognised the imputations repeated in her book on several things I'm not going to repeat on this forum. And I didn't exactly see too much glowing praise for either of the Sussexes on the pages of this biography.

Last edited:
Sounds like Campbell's book is rehashing previously reported stories and putting her spin on it. Apparently she alleges in the book Meghan didn't curtsey to the queen at the wedding and chalked it up to nerves. Meghan did curtsey; the BBC apologized for the bad camera angle in church. Campbell's press tour basically bamboozled people into believing she had new material. I was trying to look for reviews on this and I'm curious about sales. That will tell how will tell how successful it is.

That makes sense. I just never bought the idea that they were kicked out or that they were so bored they wanted to leave. Charles had just walked Meghan down the aisle and made her mother feel at home- and aside from that, she encouraged Harry to grow closer to his father.

She's encouraged him now to move away form his father...

:previous:

I would certainly hope so. It wouldn't be very healthy if such a big decision is made by one partner on his/her own.

My main “concern” has been the relationship between Harry and Charles. I read that they are close, so while of course I wish Harry hadn’t left (for a million different reasons), ultimately I’m just happy that father and son are “good”.

Denville,

She's encouraged him now to move away form his father...

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I’m no fan of M’s now, but I’m going to give her credit where it is due. By all accounts, she encouraged Harry to appreciate his father more. As to moving away, I seriously doubt that she wanted to do so strictly to get away from Charles - who she’d had a very good relationship- and to get Harry away from him. It’s a lot more complicated than that.

My main “concern” has been the relationship between Harry and Charles. I read that they are close, so while of course I wish Harry hadn’t left (for a million different reasons), ultimately I’m just happy that father and son are “good”.

Denville,

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I’m no fan of M’s now, but I’m going to give her credit where it is due. By all accounts, she encouraged Harry to appreciate his father more. As to moving away, I seriously doubt that she wanted to do so strictly to get away from Charles - who she’d had a very good relationship- and to get Harry away from him. It’s a lot more complicated than that.
I dont know of any evidence that "father and son are good." I am sure Charles is not happy at Harry's desire to get away form the UK and the royal role which has been a major part of Charles' own life... If he feels that Harry did it because he was stressed and unhappy, I think he's bound to be worrying about his son and there may well still be tension between them because of H's disappearance. He must be concerned by the move to Canada, the giving up of the Royal role, and now a sudden move to the USA.
As for MEghan, I don't think that Charles had all that much time to get to know her very well, so I m not sure how good a relationship she has with him.. And if he was fond of her at first, Im sure he either DOES understand her reasons for going but htat would mean he is probably worrying about her and H making a new life so far away.. OR he is wondering why she and H chose to leave.

If Charles was that distraught and worried about the developing situation perhaps he should have devoted a couple of afternoons to his son and daughter in law in mid 2019 and he and they could have thrashed it out.

Instead we got widespread reports of Harry trying again and again through the summer of 2019 to try and speak to his father and grandmother personally only to be stonewalled by their lackeys, PS's and other officials.

I'm sure Charles fully knows now why they left as he would have been told by Harry at the summit at Sandringham, but it is surelya bit late in the day to be sitting wondering about it all now when you didn't bother to find out before.

If Charles was that distraught and worried about the developing situation perhaps he should have devoted a couple of afternoons to his son and daughter in law in mid 2019 and he and they could have thrashed it out.

Instead we got widespread reports of Harry trying again and again through the summer of 2019 to try and speak to his father and grandmother personally only to be stonewalled by their lackeys, PS's and other officials.

I'm sure Charles fully knows now why they left as he would have been told by Harry at the summit at Sandringham, but it is surelya bit late in the day to be sitting wondering about it all now when you didn't bother to find out before.
I thought that discussions had been going on but that H and Meg put out their story, before they were finished. And my point was that I dont think that C and Harry are likely to be having a close relationship at present. Charles is probably worrying about his son, and also bothered by the fact that hsi son and daughter in law have left their royal role.

Just musing here but its possible that Charles had immense flashbacks to the relationship he had with his own father and how his father had definite ideas of the man that Charles should grow up to be and how he felt pressured at various times in his life to "conform" to his father's ideas. This alone would prevent him from trying to push his own views on his son. I actually believe that Charles is far more understanding of what his son and wife are going through than we think. He must have been disappointed that the "& Sons" part of the "Firm" shrunk but knows well the feeling of wanting to go one's own way and do things one's own way to be happy in life. Charles had many times in his life where he buckled to conform and adapt his life for "duty" and expectations and things didn't go well at all.

For some reason, its always been that the public loves a good scandal and want to read about and hear about the troubles and woes and feuds and scandals of people they'll never really know except through a middleman. Its an age old thing. Even goes back to George IV and Caroline (which according to a documentary I've just watched) who had their private lives laid bare for popular opinion to chew on. I bet if all royals were required to wear a body cam 24/7 and *everything* was available for us to see in real time, it'd actually be quite boring and not as sensational as articles and books make them out to be.

Trying to keep a private life private is what gives fuel to books like this one by Lady CC. We have no clue if she's inventing things, exaggerating things or playing armchair psychologist with other people's lives that she "claims" she knows. After reading all the crapola that's been around since we first heard the name Meghan Markle attached to Harry, there isn't one among us here that reasonably couldn't produce the very same book as this one being discussed. We all have the ability too to take certain fact and come up with a scenario of invention.

As far as lip reading goes for the garden party in question, I lip read and I can attest that lip reading alone without some kind of sound behind it is not an exact science. Its a tool that aids in communication. Don't take lip reader's versions as gospel. They may be (just as I tend to be at times) wrong. :D

I think that Meghan had a lot to do with the move to Canada and America, yes.

I agree, I think it was a joint decision. But to specifically state, as fact, that she encouraged him to do so is incorrect unless you know the couple personally.

It's been on the TV and there is a lot of publicity so in that sense it is already a success.

I dont know of any evidence that "father and son are good." I am sure Charles is not happy at Harry's desire to get away form the UK and the royal role which has been a major part of Charles' own life... If he feels that Harry did it because he was stressed and unhappy, I think he's bound to be worrying about his son and there may well still be tension between them because of H's disappearance. He must be concerned by the move to Canada, the giving up of the Royal role, and now a sudden move to the USA.
As for MEghan, I don't think that Charles had all that much time to get to know her very well, so I m not sure how good a relationship she has with him.. And if he was fond of her at first, Im sure he either DOES understand her reasons for going but htat would mean he is probably worrying about her and H making a new life so far away.. OR he is wondering why she and H chose to leave.

I think if I said their relationship was bad, you’d say it was good. Everytime I make a comment, you disagree with it.

So you’re blaming Charles for all of this? It’s funny that now you believe reports, but if I or anyone else uses reports to back up our opinions, you say that we have no proof.

We also got reports of Charles asking Harry to be patient, to wait until a plan had been crafted before doing anything, but no, Harry and Meghan couldn’t wait, they had to do things on their terms.

Osipi, from all reports, Charles allowed his sons independence and room to be who they wanted to be...for the very reason you stated, that his own father, though well-intentioned, didn’t allow him that freedom.

Last edited:
I agree, I think it was a joint decision. But to specifically state, as fact, that she encouraged him to do so is incorrect unless you know the couple personally.

Agreed. People want to lay it all on Meghan because that’s easier to accept than the more likely reality Harry that just wanted out. Not like he hadn’t said as much himself long before Meghan was ever in his life.

Personally I think HMQ and Charles were both supportive of the Sussexes wanting to do their own thing. How it all went down was less than ideal on all sides, but it’s done now. No one will ever know the true details but it appears everyone has moved on and just adjusting to the new realities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom