Marriage for Sherifa Lalla Nuhaila Bouch & Ali El Hajji : February 14th,2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many congratulations to the newlyweds.

Congratulations. Was the engagement officially announced by the Palace?

Many congratulations to the couple on their engagement :flowers:

So are they just engaged or already married!

Congratulations to the couple!

Yes,the announcement said they already tied the knot,so my guess the wedding is later this summer like what happen with her uncle Moulay Rachid and her cousin Lalla soukaina
Conclusion of Marriage Certificate of Lalla Nouhaila with Ali El Hajji (Statement by Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery) | MapNews

Thank you!

I am not familiar with the royal family's marriage practices; was "the blessing of His Majesty King Mohammed VI" mentioned because it was legally required or was it simply a sign of goodwill from the head of the family?

So are they just engaged or already married!

Congratulations to the couple!
Yes they are according to the palace announcement

Thank you!

I am not familiar with the royal family's marriage practices; was "the blessing of His Majesty King Mohammed VI" mentioned because it was legally required or was it simply a sign of goodwill from the head of the family?
I think the "blessing" mentioned here is because the King didn"'t attend and of cours he wanted to show his support and belessing.

While as head of the family seeking the King blessing is important but even without it the marriage will still be legal,the King blessing or permission is not legally required for the family members in Morocco

:previous:
They are married they tued the knot in small family party and wedding for later.
Sorry i confuse you

They are married they tued the knot in small family party and wedding for later.
Sorry i confuse you
I am still a little confused. Is this the difference between the Nikkah and the 'other ceremony'? When are they officially considered husband and wife (would it be morally approved for them if the bride gets pregnant before the next ceremony)?

Now you the one confusing me :D
Whos talking about other ceremonies?
I thought that the word "tied the knot" is clear that mean they are officially married and the statement also is clear when they mentioned the "Conclusion of Marriage Certificate" meaning both bride and groom signed the marriage act/contract.

We don't use the Nikkah term in Morocco we call it عقد القران meaning as the palace statement traslates it "the Conclusion of Marriage Certificate"..it's ceremony Precedes the wedding that make legaly the bride and groom wife and husband and can do whatever they like even starting making babies if they like although most of the times the tradition is to wait until after the wedding

Now you the one confusing me :D
Whos talking about other ceremonies?
I thought that the word "tied the knot" is clear that mean they are officially married and the statement also is clear when they mentioned the "Conclusion of Marriage Certificate" meaning both bride and groom signed the marriage act/contract.

We don't use the Nikkah term in Morocco we call it عقد القران meaning as the palace statement traslates it "the Conclusion of Marriage Certificate"..it's ceremony Precedes the wedding that make legaly the bride and groom wife and husband and can do whatever they like even starting making babies if they like although most of the times the tradition is to wait until after the wedding
The reason it is confusing is that you keep referring to 'a wedding' at a later date - which to me suggests 'another ceremony'. The wedding in my context takes place at the same time that the marriage starts... but apparently, in the Moroccan tradition it is to be distinguished from the ceremony that took place 2 days ago.

What do you refer to as 'the wedding' given that you also say it isn't a 'second ceremony'? So, what is it? Is it just a party to celebrate the nuptials that took place on another day - that could be skipped if the couple isn't interested - or is there any meaning attached to it as well?

So, do I understand it correctly that the couple will start living together after this 'marriage contract' is signed? Or will they wait until after the wedding (whatever that might entail)?

And if a couple decides to part ways between this ceremony and 'the wedding' will that constitute a divorce or is there a difference between splitting up prior to or after the wedding?

Just trying to understand...

Ok now i see where your confusion come from and i am sorry i added more to it.

The wedding in Morocco is the big celebration the big day is you want to call it that way but it's not he same as the Conclusion of Marriage Certificate , the later is more of small affaire but its the legal part of the union. The couple can live together o wait their wedding it's their choice.
If they go separate way they need to get a divorce before the wedding
I know it may look confusing as Morocco have his unic traditions but you can look it that way: the wedding is just a celebration of Conclusion of Marriage Certificate,to be married in Morooc ppl can have the Conclusion of Marriage Certificate without a weeding but they can't have wedding without Conclusion of Marriage Certificate

I hope that help

Ok now i see where your confusion come from and i am sorry i added more to it.

The wedding in Morocco is the big celebration the big day is you want to call it that way but it's not he same as the Conclusion of Marriage Certificate , the later is more of small affaire but its the legal part of the union. The couple can live together o wait their wedding it's their choice.
If they go separate way they need to get a divorce before the wedding
I know it may look confusing as Morocco have his unic traditions but you can look it that way: the wedding is just a celebration of Conclusion of Marriage Certificate,to be married in Morooc ppl can have the Conclusion of Marriage Certificate without a weeding but they can't have wedding without Conclusion of Marriage Certificate

I hope that help
Yes, thanks! That indeed helps. So they did WED on Sunday but will have their wedding party at a later date. Not unlike some other couples that decide to have a civil wedding at one date and a celebration at a different date (although in most cases that would be tied to the religious wedding; so an additional formal ceremony) - for example, it seems that prince Philippos and Nina will go that route (although in their case it seems that she is only considered a princess after the religious ceremony takes place as well).

When you state you cannot have a wedding without a conclusion of marriage certificate; I assume that you mean it is not socially acceptable to celebrate a marriage that didn't take place. Because if there would be any legal ramifications the wedding would have a ceremonial character as well.

For example, in some countries (including the Netherlands) you can only have your religious marriage/wedding AFTER your civil marriage/wedding. If a religious minister (whether it be a priest, pastor or imam) would celebrate a religious marriage without the couple being actually married, he would be punishable by law (although that hardly ever happens; even though especially in some communities that practice under age marriages this specific law is broken).

Thanks again for explaining; what would be the expected timeline between this marriage ceremony and the wedding party?

There is no timeline required here,they can have their wedding whenever they like they can even wait untile the birth of a child and celebrate both occasion at once like what ppl do in some region here..but my guess they will not as in MRF that never happen ( celebration of birth and wedding in same time)..so i again my guess the wedding will take place in summer or as soon as the covid 19 situation improve

Back
Top Bottom