Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure if it had ever been on the market it would have become known by now.
It actually looks too big on MC.

That indeed is a tiara! :ohmy: I wonder if she has better earrings to go with it as IMO the ones she chose didn't quite go with the tiara. And she either needs a big wig or a big hairdo since the tiara looked too big for her head. Maybe they could change the base cover to another shade and make a slight adjustment to the base like they did with CP Mary's ruby tiara.

I am sure if it had ever been on the market it would have become known by now.
It actually looks too big on MC.

I thought it looked somewhat large, too. I wonder if she'll alter it to size as Mary did with her tiara; she could make some nice matching diamond earrings.

Last edited:
Both look so elegant and crown princess Marie Chantal's tiara is beautiful,it's nice to see the crown princess of Greece in some royal jewelry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing Queen Frederika's tiara pop up makes me hope that the Poltimore would suddenly make a surprise outing... Please tell me Mr. Middleton has secretly bought it..? :p :lol: Oh, I really don't care but it would be nice to see "new" tiaras come back to use for a change. There are many princesses and queens that need new bling for the parties. ;)

Would anyone know if MC's tiara opens at the back or is fully enclosed?

There's speculation on the Jubilee thread that the tiara may have gone on the market and Marie Chantal purchased it at auction. So that could be why it's on her head and not the Queen of Greece's. In any event, MC brought it home tonight out of all the tiaras!

Queen Frederika's tiara was never on the market. Roger, a royal Swedish author interviewed Queen Anne-Marie for his book about Queen Ingrid and A-M told him that the tiara was still in the family.

You can read his post here: Glittering Royal Events Message Board: Re: Gasp!

From old photos of Queen Frederika, the tiara is open in the back.

So now we know they have:

Emerald Tiara
Ruby Leaves Tiara
Antique Corsage Tiara
Alexia's Tiara
Queen Sophie's Tiara
Khedive of Egypt Tiara
MC's Fringe Tiara

I....am....in....heaven!

Queen Frederika's tiara was never on the market. Roger, a royal Swedish author interviewed Queen Anne-Marie for his book about Queen Ingrid and A-M told him that the tiara was still in the family.

You can read his post here: Glittering Royal Events Message Board: Re: Gasp!

From old photos of Queen Frederika, the tiara is open in the back.

Thank you for clarification of the tiara's whereabouts as well as whether it was open or closed.

This is the tiara surprise of the year! There have been rumours for years that the tiara was still in the family and that it would make a reappearance eventually but even those couldn't prepare me for actually seeing it. Its such a lovely and grand tiara. My only complaint is that the base is too big, it should be smaller so it sits closer to the head and less obvious to the eye.
My theory is that MC actually owns this tiara and has been waiting years for the right time to wear it. I would guess and say the GRF needed money and was going to secretly sell it and instead MC bought it up, the royal family gets money and the jewels stay in the family.

Ok..we have VERY clearly been shown proof it has been in the family this whole time, even before Marie Chantal married into it. Lord almighty.. the internet just feeds into conspiracy theories.

We do not know why they waited so long...and I presume since none of us know them personally, we may not ever know.

I don't understand why Anne Marie wouldn't have worn the tiara for herself.

"I don't understand why Anne Marie wouldn't have worn the tiara for herself. "

As has been said elsewhere, maybe she just doesn't like it? Or maybe it has some bad association for her. Who knows? I'm just happy the darn thing is out of the vaults! :)

As much as the tiara is a dream come true for all royal watchers, it is bit too big for MC, maybe she should have worn it wo a base

So now we know they have:

Emerald Tiara
Ruby Leaves Tiara
Antique Corsage Tiara
Alexia's Tiara
Queen Sophie's Tiara
Khedive of Egypt Tiara
MC's Fringe Tiara

I....am....in....heaven!
There is also the circle tiara but i think it belongs to Princess Irene. As she never attends white tie Galas we don't see it.

Queen Margrethe II´s Jubilee
Tiara and brooch

Images have been cropped and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• mariechantaltiara.jpg
    mariechantaltiara.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 429
  • mcb.jpg
    mcb.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 596
I am SHOCKED to see this tiara! For so long I think many people assumed this tiara had been sold or given to another family member, lost or stolen...

...this gives me hope about a number of tiaras and other pieces that are likely sitting idle in family vaults.

I loved to see it again! For some time I had hopes that it would turn up on Anne-Marie soon. So it was MC. So the hair wasn't perfect for this whopper. So the base showed. So what?
I'm still thrilled.
Now I only want a confirmed (!) explanation why it took so long. But one can't have everything, sigh.

she has worn 4 different tiaras
Antique Corsage Tiara
MC's Fringe Tiara
unkown Tiara at the danish royal wedding 2004
Queen Sofias diamond tiara

I´d like know why Queen Anne Marie has never worn this tiara.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been so exciting to see! Now just tell me why would you not bring some different earrings for 2 gala nights. You schlepped that big ol tiara why not throw in some other earrings?

I think the tiara is way to big for here, and you can see the base of the tiara and that is not a very good look:sad:

This has been so exciting to see! Now just tell me why would you not bring some different earrings for 2 gala nights. You schlepped that big ol tiara why not throw in some other earrings?

ITA about the earrings; I would have liked to see something more substantial and serious to go with the enormity of debut this diadem. Maybe it was a surprise to MC that she would be given this tiara to wear on her aunt-in-law's special occation. I can only think that if she is invited to QE2's Jubilee next month, this tiara would match that glittering event; cant wait!

Last edited:
Quite the surprise, and kinda steals the Queen's thunder.

I'm not a fan of the earrings, especially with the Whopper of a Tiara. Something smaller so as not to compete would've been more appropriate.

Quite the surprise, and kinda steals the Queen's thunder.

I didn't think it stole Margrethe's thunder. All eyes were on her majesty and she look amazing! Nothing could surpass her IMO.

MC's tiara at the gala dinner was magnificent but unfortunately she didn't wear it well. She had the wrong hair do going on. It looked like the tiara was wearing MC and not the other way round. Also disappointing that MC didn't wear the right earrings with it. Simple diamond drops would've looked great.

I think she was trying to match the earrings to her sash. Either way, it didn't work IMO. I love her wearing that diadem though

I´d like know why Queen Anne Marie has never worn this tiara.:ermm:

Yes, that's my burning question as well. What a shame to keep it hidden away for so long; what could have been the reason?

I also think MC has to experiment with how she's going to wear this tiara in the future. She needs more elaborate hairstyles to prevent the base from showing and to present the tiara better. Since it's open in the back, maybe it can be closed up more for a smaller diameter so it doesn't look as large. She also needs a more suitable pair of earrings; those were doorknockers that she wore and were too overwhelming paired with the tiara. Dare I say, if she adjusts the tiara like Mary did with hers, she could make a lovely pair of earrings as a matching set. But for its debut outing, just stunning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom