Lady Rose Windsor and Mr George Gilman: 19 July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for posting the pic of the Earl of Ulster because at the same time I got to see Gary Lewis, husband of Lady Davina.

Stellad

Thanks iceflower.
I think Xan looks a lot like Prince Christian of Denmark, what do you guys/girls think?

I couldn't agree more. They are related somewhere along the line since Crown Prince Frederik is a great-great-great grandson of Queen Victoria.:angel:

In the IBL gallery I've found this very cute pic of Alexander,
Earl of Ulster ( Lady Rose's brother) his wife Claire and their
son Xan Richard Anders, only 16 months old - surely the cutest
and smallest guest at the wedding :)

He does look kind of like Christian of Denmark! :lol:
And the Earl of Ulster as always reminds me strongly of his father at the same age, though he has Birgitte's expression.

Princess Anne never ceases to amaze the world with her unchangeable figure. I bet she could still fit into her wedding dress too! And besides, that dress from the 1981 wedding is not even as ugly as most 1981 clothes were! It's comparatively undated! :lol: :cool:

What a lovely bride! I've always thought the Gloucester girls were two of the most photogenic of the younger royals, not flashy but rather delicate.

I wasn't too big on Autumn's dress or the groom's mother's. And the Duchess looked overwhelmed by the big collar on her gray dress.

Let me stick up for Anne's dress. I liked it in 1981 (remember, she had just given birth to Zara!), although I must have been the only one, and god bless her, I can't wear my 1981 clothes! But she could have gotten a new hat and shoes to update it. Maybe she spent too much money bankrolling Peter's wedding? :lol:

She was a lovely bride. The Gloucesters looked wonderful Sophie looked very tasteful, too. Anne on the other hand wore an outfit that was "ugly" in 1981 and didn't get any better with age. Mrs. Gilman went a bit overboard.

Lovely bride. Looks like her mother looked 30 years ago. Beautiful family. May they have a long happy married life.

PS Princess Anne, bless her heart, has never been a slave to fashion, why should she change now?. I admire her courage to wear that yellow ensemble from head to toe and show up again 27 years later. Bravo!

Actually, I thought about it and, perhaps, it was her way of garnering attention. I know she is a hard worker, but scant attention is given her at functions, as her attire is less than appealing. But, here she suddenly shows up in an old outfit, not unusual for her, but the one she wore to Charles and Diana's wedding. People will notice, she is not an idiot. Suddenly she is noticed.

Sophie Wessex looks smashing...I love her hat! What can I say about Princess Anne...I don't even remember a dress I had 27 years ago, let alone be able to wear it! But she has a great figure.

The less said about her hat the better. In fact, with the exception of Sophie, I hate EVERYONE'S hat at this wedding!

WHAT was that hideous getup Autumn Phillips was wearing?? One of the ugliest things I have ever seen!

Lady Rose is a great beauty. If you compare photos of her with her mother when she was young she is almost a CLONE of her mom!

Last edited:

Let me stick up for Anne's dress. I liked it in 1981 (remember, she had just given birth to Zara!), although I must have been the only one, and god bless her, I can't wear my 1981 clothes! But she could have gotten a new hat and shoes to update it. Maybe she spent too much money bankrolling Peter's wedding? :lol:

I think the dress was worth wearing again and I am amazed at her being able to, but I agree she could have worn a different hat (as long as it wasn´t one of those awful fascinators). (I remember that dress too :ohmy:)

The Marriage of Mr. George Gilman & Lady Rose Windsor
Saturday, 19 July 2008
@ The Queen's Chapel, St. James, London SW1

The bride's sister, Lady Davina Lewis, served as maid of honor and was attended by two young bridesmaids and a pageboy, Jesse Grylls, five-year-old son of TV "survival expert" Bear Grylls.

Guest list

* TRH The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester (the bride's parents)
* Mr. Peter Gilman (father of the bridegroom)
* Mrs. Gillian Gilman (mother of the bridegroom)
* The Earl & Countess of Ulster, accompanied by their young son, Lord Culloden
* Mr. Gary and Lady Davina Lewis
* Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence & HRH The Princess Anne the Princess Royal
* Mr. and Mrs. Peter Phillips
* TRH The Earl & Countess of Wessex
* Mr. Daniel & Lady Sarah Chatto
* Lord Frederick Windsor
* Lady Gabriella Windsor
* Lady Annabel Goldsmith
* Mrs. Charles Palmer-Tomkinson
* Miss Catherine Middleton
* Miss Emilia d'Erlanger

The Bridal Tiara - The Gloucester Leafage Tiara once belonging to the late Queen Mary, consort of George V. Inherited by the present Duke of Gloucester via his mother, the late Princess Alice, and nowadays worn by The Duchess of Gloucester. More information

Last edited:
Lady Rose looked beautiful. Simple and elegant. She made a lovely bride and I must admit looked alot like her mother in some of the pics. Lady Gabriella gorgeous as always as did Lady Sarah Chatto. Although I like Autumn her dress looked far too casual for a wedding especially the tie thingy around her neck. :eek: She should find herself a stylist to help her out perhaps Lady Gabriella could suggest one as she always seems to look elegant.:whistling:

Lady Rose was absolutely simply perfect as a bride. I wouldn't have advised any change for her. She is so pretty and classy like her mother. The difference of her wedding just confirms my idea of the slight difference between her and Davina. You can tell they are as close and warm to each other as the ideal sisters can be, but at the same time, also a little bit different in their ideas of la vie ideal.

Lady Rose's dress was elegant she looked beathtaking . Princess Ann is a beautiful lady I wish she would wear her hair differently. Sophie's dress as aways lovely, and Kate's dress was very fashionable.

One of the most royal-looking brides in recent years. Wedding gown was simply striking! Well Done Lady Rose!

It would have been so nice to use Louise Wessex or Margarita A-J as a bridesmaid though. And maybe one of the Chatto boys for a pageboy. But clearly they wanted to include kids from among their friends and private family. We only know the name of the little pageboy, but not the bridesmaids?

If Hello! magazine has a good coverage of the wedding we may get the names of the extras.

Intresting to know Princess Anne wore the same hat from Charles and Diana's wedding, hope that's not a sign as you can see I'm a very paranoid person.

I thought the same thing! That must be some sort of bad karma, right? Does she not like George?

If Hello! magazine has a good coverage of the wedding we may get the names of the extras.

Very true. Hello! is good for that. Tatler might even do it too. Tatler loves a good society wedding just as well as Hello!.

Princess Anne is cool. There's something admirable about a woman who regularly recycles her 80s wardrobe, wearing "shoulder pads" even today like it's the most natural thing in the world, darling! :D

I laugh how petty people are about the Royal Family recycling clothes. If anything I think everyone looked fantastic. I wish I could fit into my clothes of ten years ago, so it goes to show how some people look after themselves. The only dated thing is her hair but it is her signiture.

By the way I think Lady Rose looked like a million bucks and I hope she and her new man have many happy years together.

I thought the same thing! That must be some sort of bad karma, right? Does she not like George?

I would be surprised if Anne even knows George much more than by face and name. :D And she might not even recognize George if she saw him by chance without Rose. That's just a hunch though.

What a lovely bride. And Lady Gabriella was gorgeous and very chic as well.

The Gloucester girls are so lovely and what good looking husbands they have, as well.Does any one know, who was the cute little bridesmaid?

Back
Top Bottom