King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family, General News 2, Sep. 2017 - Dec. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to feel insulted, so be it. Fact is I never heard anyone going to Armenia who wasn´t born there. Still the landscape might well be pictoresque and beautiful.
Several of my friends have been to both Armenia and Georgia and they all loved it.

Several of my friends have been to both Armenia and Georgia and they all loved it.

In fairness when I hear where the BRF have gone every year I think, oh must try that for my next holiday! ?

It's nice to see Philippe and his family holidaying in a destination that's not known for being a main tourist spot. The Armenian countryside does look beautiful and it seems great for an outdoor orientated family like Philippe, Mathilde and the children. Hopefully their holiday will help contribute to Armenian tourism and that more royals will follow suit and visit lesser known destinations!

What a highly interesting choice for a family holiday destination,the photos are amazing.

I would imagine that the relative anonymity is part of the reason they choose less known destinations for their holidays.

They are on holiday since July 22th. they started with a Destination which remain secret and ended with Armanie. Nothing about this in our newspapers; They may go where they want to , but a Royal stay is a good start for Armenia.

How do you know that Philippe and Mathilde are devout Catholics? They attend public ceremonies in the Catholic Church because that is the church the RF has been historically associated with, but they don't seem to be religious zealots like Baudouin and Fabiola for example.

Their children were baptized relatively shortly after birth (which is what would be important to more devout Catholics). Their children attend a Roman Catholic school run by the Jesuits. They spent their Easter holidays attending Spanish Holy Week processions. So, various indications that their faith means more to them than attending masses when they have to.

In contrast, Laurent doesn't seem to be a devout catholic.

You are wrong. He has a so close relationship with l' Abbé Gilbert.
Please know better our Royal family before writing posts.

Their children were baptized relatively shortly after birth (which is what would be important to more devout Catholics). Their children attend a Roman Catholic school run by the Jesuits. They spent their Easter holidays attending Spanish Holy Week processions. So, various indications that their faith means more to them than attending masses when they have to.

They also did some bits of the Camino de Santiago during their last Easter holidays. If I remember correctly during her youth Mathilde volunteered as a nurse for the Order of Malta, accompanying disabled and/or sick people during their pilgrimages to Lourdes.

Last edited:
Earlier this year a state visit of the Belgium Kings to Portugal was announced that would take place in October. But I have not read anything else on this subject yet. Is the visit going to take place?

Emilie Dupuis isn't a journalist, she was the second runner up to Miss Belgium in 2006. She's become a presenter at RTL TVi since, noted for having the most absurd exagerated posh French accent in television history. Curious to see what she will be like next to Mathilde, if she'll tone it down a bit? :lol:

So the magazine "Place Royale" is back after a 6 month break and lots of complaints from fans. They start off with a report of the French state visit to Belgium. Only the magazine isn't back on a weekly basis but as a one-off for big royal events.

Interesting to see that Mathilde is becoming more active in playing a prominent role with different media, after guiding child reporters through the Laeken greenhouses and an upcoming appearance in "Over Eten" (VRT), she's now talking about the royal Belgo-French connections & royal souvenirs (inspired by Buckinham Palace?) in front of cameras. A first!

Last edited:
Thanks for the informations! And hoping to inform us after sunday about the this meeting!

On Sunday 2 December at 19:45 in Place Royale, the Jurnalist Emilie meet Queen Mathilde and discover the treasures of the Franco-Belgian heritage, at the Royal Palace of Brussels.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=9994a204b009f81f981c366c8887eb7c&oe=5C78929E
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=6fa5a358775a368514e779c76303fb8c&oe=5C6B0B65

A short video focus to the Dinner Gala in honour of French President with Queen Mathilde make a last inspection!

A video from tonight , Queen Mathilde talking about paintings.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Palace shared a message on the occasion of the International Day of Education (January 24):

Investing in education is investing in people and thus in sustainable development. For a quality education in which no one is excluded and certainly not the girls, we need motivated and well-guided teachers

Accompanying old photos: Photo 1 ** Photo 2 ** Photo 3 **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde at the end of her visit to Mozambique, talking to the press about her trip and about the Princess Elisabeth and her life in Wales:

“It is an adaptation for everyone in our family. But I think it is above all an enrichment for her. She studies with peers from all over the world.”

“She can enjoy a normal life there (in Wales), which I find really important. A private life. Let her enjoy that. She is still young.”

Queen Mathilde wishes for a private life for her daughter – Royal Central

Dr Zahi Hawass on his Instagram talking about meeting the Royal Family back December in Egypt and share two more pictures!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BugF_3oHFR_/

:previous: Great photos - must've been an amazing experience for both Dr. Hawass and Philippe's family!

They've been going to Spain for several years now. Great way to spend your easter holidays; doing part of the Camino de Santiago each year (when living in Spain; we decided to do it at some point as well - still not sure when it will truly happen).

I have never seen the King so relaxed and ad rem. Apparently he is a fan of Philippe Geubbels TV program Taboe.

No photosession this year? Loved last year's summer photos...but, since it's already National Day tomorrow, perhaps, there won't be any this year?

The newspaper article is referring to polls carried out in Germany, where Mathilde is rather unknown. It has nothing to do with Belgium.
I see, thanks! The word "unpopular" is a bit misleading here, I think. I always wondered why the Monarchy in the Netherlands is much more in german people´s consciousness than the belgian! It seems that since the death of King Baudouin, the germans somehow "forgot" about the belgian royal family...
Strangely my interest in them increased when King Albert (II) ascended the throne as Baudouin and Fabiola have never been my cup of tea.

And it goes even to the next generation: while CPss Victoria, even in Elisabeth´s age and before, was always "big" in Germany - almost as she was the CPss of Germany, too - the young Duchess of Brabant, also a nice and pretty young girl, never seem to appear in the media, not even in the german tabloids...:ermm::ohmy:

I see, thanks! The word "unpopular" is a bit misleading here, I think. I always wondered why the Monarchy in the Netherlands is much more in german people´s consciousness than the belgian! It seems that since the death of King Baudouin, the germans somehow "forgot" about the belgian royal family...
Strangely my interest in them increased when King Albert (II) ascended the throne as Baudouin and Fabiola have never been my cup of tea.

And it goes even to the next generation: while CPss Victoria, even in Elisabeth´s age and before, was always "big" in Germany - almost as she was the CPss of Germany, too - the young Duchess of Brabant, also a nice and pretty young girl, never seem to appear in the media, not even in the german tabloids...:ermm::ohmy:

The Belgian monarchy has a lower profile and is not quite as glamorous as the Dutch and Swedish ones. Besides, Queens Wilhemina, Juliana and Beatrix were all married to Germans, and Queen Silvia is German herself. It is not surprising that there would be more interest in Germany in the Dutch and Swedish royal houses than in the Belgians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom