King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 3: April - October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ursulajohanna said:
I find it is better we can see pictures from official terms (state visit from Malaysia or concert and awards...) as pictures from private life.

I totally agree!

The south Swedish newspaper Helsingborgs Dagblad reports that this past Monday, 19 September, the King was in Skåne County. He participated in a closed (invitees only) racing competition at Ring Knutstorp (car racing course), and during the day he also had time to try three different BMW's and one Lamborghini. He won one of the competitions, and received a radio controlled truck as a prize. :D

(sorry, but no picture! I think they had one, but I can't find it online... Maybe Yennie has this newspaper? :rolleyes: )

GrandDuchess said:
The south Swedish newspaper Helsingborgs Dagblad reports that this past Monday, 19 September, the King was in Skåne County. He participated in a closed (invitees only) racing competition at Ring Knutstorp (car racing course), and during the day he also had time to try three different BMW's and one Lamborghini. He won one of the competitions, and received a radio controlled truck as a prize. :D

(sorry, but no picture! I think they had one, but I can't find it online... Maybe Yennie has this newspaper? :rolleyes: )
Yes maybe she has :) But I dont have the paper here, but when I´m going home this weekend I´ll see if there is a photo

Yesterday the Queen opened the new Children’s and Youth Psychiatric Clinic at the old Sachsska Hospital in Stockholm. I add a selection of the pictures from Imagine Scandinavia, since they will soon disappear.

Attachments

• BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_10.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_10.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 252
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_2.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 142
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_3.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 203
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_4.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 197
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_5.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_5.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 203
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_6.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_6.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 173
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_7.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_7.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 152
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_8.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_8.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 176
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_9.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_9.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 171
  • BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_1.jpg
    BUP på Sachsska 22 sept 2005_1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 225
The first three days of the week the king and queen had a lot of official terms (meeting world childhood, lunch with parlament, world demenz-day, crafoord-prize-award ...) but we don't see pictures from all the events! also nothing by royalcourt!!! Why?
It is about the trouble between royalcourt and swedish press about the defamation of the king?

This past Sunday, 25 September, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia lunched at the Bratwurschtglockl am Dom restaurant during the Munich Beer Festival. Pictures from NewsCom.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 222
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 246
Can anyone post photos of KCG and QS at the lunch on Sunday without watermarks?
Thanks for any help!

GrandDuchess, many thanks for posting the lovely pictures from Munich!

Can you posting the picture(from Pressensbild) from the queen at Göteborg from Monday? I cann't copy it. Thanks in advance.

This past Monday, 26 September, the Queen attended the 150th jubilee of the synagogue in Gothenburg. Picture from the Royal Court's website.

Attachments

• Synagogan.JPG
    Synagogan.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 190
Here is a recent portrait photograph of the Queen, taken by photo artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin for her new book "Kvinnor" ("Women"), which is a celebration for all women. The picture is from her official website, http://www.ohlson.se/

On this picture, the Queen is standing on the balcony at Drottningholm Palace, facing the palace park.

Attachments

• Drottningen - Ohlson.jpg
    Drottningen - Ohlson.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 259
Yesterday, Tuesday 27 September, the King and Queen attended the Church Service of The Church of Sweden's Church Assembly 2005 in the Uppsala Cathedral, followed by the opening of The Church of Sweden's Church Assembly 2005 at the Uppsala University Assembly Hall.

Pictures from the Church of Sweden (in the pictures together with Their Majesties, you can see the Archbishop K.G. Hammar, County Governor Anders Björck and the Chairman of the Church Assembly 2005).

Attachments

• Uppsala1.JPG
    Uppsala1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Uppsala2.JPG
    Uppsala2.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Uppsala3.JPG
    Uppsala3.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 179
  • Uppsala4.JPG
    Uppsala4.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Uppsala5.JPG
    Uppsala5.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Uppsala6.JPG
    Uppsala6.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 204
Today, Wednesday 28 September, the King and Queen began their two-day theme visit to Östergötland County. The theme of the visit is public and youth health (consisting of visits and seminars), and the visit is arranged by the County Administrative Board of Östergötland together with The Swedish National Institute of Public Health.

Today the King and Queen visited the Vreta School in Mjölby, where they showed up their pedagogical "outdoors method" which they use. The Chairman of the City Council also presented them with the municipality of Mjölby's gift, two glass chandelieres from Mantorp Works/Industies.

* Radip clip = if you go here and click on "Hör kungen och drottningen", you get to hear a clip from Radio Östergötland.

Picture one is from the County Administrative Board, number three is from Norrköpings Tidningar, number four and five are from Swedish Radio, number six to ten are from the Veta School.

Attachments

• Veta4.jpg
    Veta4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Veta5.jpg
    Veta5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Veta3.jpg
    Veta3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Veta2.jpg
    Veta2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Veta1.jpg
    Veta1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 156
  • SR1.jpg
    SR1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Nt1.jpg
    Nt1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Lst2.jpg
    Lst2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Lst.jpg
    Lst.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 190
  • SR2.jpg
    SR2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 172
GrandDuchess said:
Here is a recent portrait photograph of the Queen, taken by photo artist Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin for her new book "Kvinnor" ("Women"), which is a celebration for all women. The picture is from her official website, http://www.ohlson.se/

On this picture, the Queen is standing on the balcony at Drottningholm Palace, facing the palace park.

Thank you for the picture, GrandDuchess.

Personally I liked the (balcony) pictures for the book on Silvia to the silver jubilee better. Well, this one is rather modern (which probably meets the standards of Ohlson Wallin´s book)

I´ve wondered that for a long time...and maybe it´s just me...why does the left eye of the queen look in a lot of pics bigger??

Lena said:
I´ve wondered that for a long time...and maybe it´s just me...why does the left eye of the queen look in a lot of pics bigger??
Perhaps because it really is bigger. Most people have two differen "sides" of their face that isn´t similar to eachother.
I think it is so, that "beautiful people" often has very similar halfs and thats why we see them as beautiful
For example the swedish actress Isabella Scorupco has two identical "sides" and thats why she is "beautiful"

Yennie said:
Perhaps because it really is bigger. Most people have two differen "sides" of their face that isn´t similar to eachother.
I think it is so, that "beautiful people" often has very similar halfs and thats why we see them as beautiful
For example the swedish actress Isabella Scorupco has two identical "sides" and thats why she is "beautiful"

Yes, I know, what you mean. I also know this theory, that symmetry should make people beautiful. But I don´t believe in it too much. As much as I know this theory is based on the idea, that "symmetric" ppl are healthier and more fertile. Symmetry is more or less about bone structure, but to me the non-static factors (such as skin colour, look of the eyes, hair structure...) seem more important (for the choice of a "fertile" partner).
Well, scientists need something to research, so I will let them their belief and will admit, that I´m awkward :p

But back to Silvia...to me the younger Silvia had quite symmetric eyes. Couldn´t it be, that this bigger eye is an self made problem...in other words, could it be, that a doctor has paralysed a little nerve (?)

Lena said:

I've noticed that in photographs of Princess Diana too - very noticeable.

Lena said:
But back to Silvia...to me the younger Silvia had quite symmetric eyes. Couldn´t it be, that this bigger eye is an self made problem...in other words, could it be, that a doctor has paralysed a little nerve (?)
Could be, she has done several face lifts and probably eye lifts aswell....
so perhaps its sometning like a paralysed nerve... I´m not a doctor so I have no idea if its possible to do so or not :)

Today, Thursday 29 September, the King and Queen continued their two-day theme visit to Östergötland County. The theme of the visit is public and youth health (consisting of visits and seminars), and the visit is arranged by the County Administrative Board of Östergötland together with The Swedish National Institute of Public Health.

Today the programme consisted of information about children and youth health and the municipality of Linköping preventive work on the area, and a visit to the Family Central Myran in Linköping where they met with children, their parents and the staff.

Pictures one to three are from Östgöta Correspondenten and pictures four to six are from the County Administrative Board (in the pictures are the King and Queen together with the County Governor and his wife).

Attachments

• Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_1.jpg
    Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_2.jpg
    Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 488
  • Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_3.jpg
    Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_3.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_4 (Corren).jpg
    Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_4 (Corren).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_5 (Corren).jpg
    Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_5 (Corren).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 186
  • Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_6 (Corren).jpg
    Familjecentralen Myran Linköping 29 sept 2005_6 (Corren).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 190
Yesterday, Thursday 29 September, the King and Queen received a gift from a children’s home in Liberia at Drottningholm Palace. It was the military unit LA 03, which is the Swedish contingent of the UN’s peacekeeping force, UNMIL, in Liberia, that received a half an hour audience with the Royal Couple to hand over the gift from Africa.

The Swedish contingent, LA 03, is running two humanitarian projects on a voluntary basis in Liberia while being there with the UN forces. The projects are focused on one professional school and one children’s home for orphaned children. The Swedish soldiers in the Swedish contingent raise money for the projects, and help out with their own voluntary work in different forms.

The projects and the Swedish help has meant that a house has been built for the orphaned children in Monrovia, earlier 48 children lived in one house, now they will be able to have separate sleeping spaces for boys and girls. Another house is about to be built. The project also involves social contact. For example the children were invited to a party on the Swedish National Day.

As a sign of the children’s gratitude towards the Swedish contingent and Sweden, the LA 03 military unit handed over a gift that they had carried with them from Liberia, which they received on Liberia’s National Day in July, all the way to Stockholm for the King and Queen as a symbol for Sweden.

Pictures from the Swedish Defence.

Attachments

• LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_1.jpg
    LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 252
  • LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_3.jpg
    LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 265
  • LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_2.jpg
    LA 03 Liberia barnhemsgåva 29 sept 2005_2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Today the King made a defence unit visit when he visited Skaraborg's flotilla formation, F 7 in Såtenäs in the Västra Götaland County.

The King received a briefing about the unit's work in Afghanistan, Thailand, evacuation of staff from the Ivory Coast, the hurricanes Gudrun and Katrina. Then the King was informed about the transport unit's test work, visited the hangar and got acquainted with the F 7's 130 Hercules plane simulator.

Pictures from the Swedish Defence.

Attachments

• F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_1.jpg
    F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 146
  • F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_2.jpg
    F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 201
  • F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_3.jpg
    F7 Såtenäs 30 sept 2005_3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Here are a few more pictures from the King and Queen's two-day theme visit about public and youth health to Östergötland County that they made this past week, Wednesday 28 - Thursday 29 September. Pictures from Östgöta Correspondenten.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 824
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,943
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 254
Today the Queen inaugurated "The Children's House" in the city of Linköping in the Östergötland County. The Children's House is "children friendly house" where children whom have suffered from abuse will be in the center for inquiries and crisis efforts. In this house, the experts will gather around the child, who won't be allowed to be put through endless interviews and telling their stories, instead everything will be taken care of at this place. World Childhood Foundation, founded by Queen Silvia, has supported this project.

If you go to this Swedish Radio site and click on "Hör Drottning Silvia", you can hear a clip with the Queen speaking.

Picture one is from the Royal Court, picture two is from Norrköpings Tidningar, pictures three and four is from Östgöta Correspondenten and picture five is from Swedish Radio.

Attachments

• Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_1.jpg
    Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 860
  • Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_1 (NT).jpg
    Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_1 (NT).jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 808
  • Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_2 (Corren).jpg
    Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_2 (Corren).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 234
  • Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_4(Corren).jpg
    Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_4(Corren).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_3 (SR).jpg
    Barnahuset Linköping 30 sept 2005_3 (SR).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 726
GrandDuchess said:
The Queen turns 62 on 23 December this year.
Is she older than the King? I thought I remembered her being older.

robby86 said:
Is she older than the King? I thought I remembered her being older.
Yes she does, she was born in 1943 and The King was born in 1946, so 3 years older than.

GrandDuchess, thanks for all the lovely pictures from last week. The king and queen had a lot of official terms (each day). Were the king andqueen by the celebration last saturday (1st October) in Borgholm/Öland?

Summary of an Expressen article:

This coming Friday, the King and Queen will attend the funeral of one of their best friends, the recently deceased Baroness Charlotte Klingspor Rosenörn-Lehn.

The funeral service will be held in Tåssjö Church which is situated near the estate of the family’s estate, Rössjöholm Manor. The family has its own part of the graveyard, which was exchanged for a piece of the manor’s estate. Charlotte will be buried on the church’s graveyard, and she will be the first in the Rosenörn-Lehn family, descending from Denmark, to rest there.

The church takes 270 people, and several hundred funeral guests are expected on Friday. Priest Henrik Grape, from the Church of Sweden, will lead the ceremony, which will include a lot of music. A selection of folk music, ballads and classical music. Orsa Spelmän and Kalle Moraeus, one of Sweden’s most famous folk music groups, will play at the funeral.

You can find the full & original article here.

If you want to know a little bit more about Charlotte and her death, click here to read an older post of mine regarding her sudden passing in another thread.

Here are some more pictures from the King's visit to Skaraborg's flotilla formation, F 7 in Såtenäs in the Västra Götaland County, last Friday 30 September. The pictures are from the Royal Court's website.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 226
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,588
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 763
Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, Tuesday 4 October, the King granted an audience to the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Jiri Paroubek, at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Here is a picture from the Royal Court's website.

Attachments

• 4 Oct 2005.JPG
    4 Oct 2005.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,423
Picture from the Rottneros' company website

Today the King visited three cities in Västernorrland County; Örnsköldsvik, Utansjö and Härnösand.

One of his stops during the day-long visit was to Utansjö, where he opened the company Rottneros' facility for the new production line for CTMP pulp. Pictures (too big to post) can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom