King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Photos XIII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Patronizes ASEZA Ceremony</STRONG>

Pet0740 4 0439 King Patronizes ASEZA Ceremony Aqaba, Feb. 15(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II patronized on Thursday the ceremony of Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA) on the 5th anniversary of its establishment. ASEZA President Nader Dhabi delivered a speech in which he pointed that ASEZA's establishment aimed at activating the national economy and making a model of the true partnership between the public and private sectors. He also outlined projects achieved in Aqaba as well as the future plans in the area. '' Aqaba Saraya project, which forms a city of Arab historical model, includes several 5- star hotels, housing units as well as other facilities,'' said Dhabi, noting that the project is expected to provide 9,000 job opportunities. On the other hand, Dhabi said that the number of tourists who visited Aqaba increased by 21% compared to 2004. '' ASEZA will conduct intensive promotion campaigns to increase investments to reach $ 6 billion by 2010,'' added Dhabi. He also highlighted the role of the public and private sectors in ensuring the success of projects and programs in ASEZ. On the other hand, Ali Kolaghassi, Vice Chairman of Saraya Aqaba hailed accomplishments achieved in ASEZA. He also outlined the stages of Saraya Aqaba as well as the project's tourist, cultural, and housing facilities. At the end of the ceremony, the King honored a number of investors, the consultative committee of the local community as well two former commissioners who contributed to developing ASEZA and supporting its developmental projects. Dhabi, for his part presented ASEZA's emblem to King Abdullah in appreciation of His Majesty's efforts in supporting economy and attracting investments. //Petra// 161843 Local FEB 2006 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/16/30746800.htm

Al Sadir Visits Sahaba (Prophet's Companions) Shrines and Mu'ta University</STRONG>
Pet0212 4 0235 Al Sadir Visits Sahaba (Prophet's Companions) Shrines and Mu'ta University South Mazar, Feb. 17(Petra)-- Shiite Leader Muqtada Al Sadir and his accompanying delegation visited on Friday the shrine of Jaafar bin Abi Taleb as well as other Sahaba (Prophet's Companions) Shrines in South Mazar, 140km south of Amman. Al Sadir hailed the wise policy of His Majesty King Abdullah II as well as efforts of the government in spreading Amman Message and in renovating religious shrines. On the other hand, Al Sadir visited Mu'ta University and met with its President Suleiman Arabyyat who presented a briefing on the University's programs and departments. Arabyyat stressed, during the meeting which was attended by deans of faculties, the importance of Iraq's unity and independence. He also pointed to King Abdullah's efforts in defending Islam and serving Islamic issues. Arabyyat presented the University's plaque to Sadir in appreciation of His efforts in serving Islam. //Petra// 171747 Local FEB 2006 
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/17/30751500.htm

Hmm, this is one visit I can't wait to see the end of.​

King Abdullah II, left, receives Iraqi Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, right, in Amman, Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP622640_guest.jpg
    AP622640_guest.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 251
  • AP622647_guest.jpg
    AP622647_guest.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 156
  • AP622648_guest.jpg
    AP622648_guest.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 162
The King and Queen are in Bahrain for a 2 day visit with their two youngest children Salma and Hashem.

Pictures from Petra and BNA

King Holds Talks With King of Bahrain

Manama, Feb. 19 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II held on Sunday talks with His Majesty King Hamad Ben Issa Al Khalifa of Bahrain on the bilateral ties and ways of enhancing them in all domains. The two leaders outlined the situation developments at the Arab and regional arenas, especially situation in Iraq and Palestine. Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah arrived on Sunday evening in Manama in a two-day visit. Their Majesties were received by His Majesty King Hamad and his wife Sheikha Sebeka Bent Ibrahim Al Khalifa, in addition to a number of Bahraini senior officials. Petra

thanx for posting the pictures , it seems that the King and the Queen have a good relation with the Bahrain royal family .

the King and Queen in Bahrain today:
(Petra & BNA)

Thanks for the pictures of the Bahraini visit, I bet Sheikah Sabeeka thought Hashem had grown up alot! Nice to see Salma with them, although she looks a little bit grumpy.

King and Queen Return Home</STRONG>

Pet0553 4 0182 King and Queen Return Home Amman, Feb. 20 (Petra)-- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania returned home on Monday after a two-day visit to Bahrain. During the visit, His Majesty the King held discussions with His Majesty King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain focused on a range of issues of common interest including cooperation relations and means of enhancing them in the various fields as well as the latest developments in the Middle East. Talks touched to the situation in Palestine after Hamas won the elections, the Israeli and the International stance, and also to the situation in Iraq and means of helping the Iraqi people surmount the hard conditions. //Petra// Ashkar 201451 Local FEB 2006 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/20/30818200.htm

quad_news.gif
CowParade auction to help hospital
3380f579d6d4a05fe980de0eb9e8440a.jpg
Florence hopes to break previous charity record (ANSA) - Florence, February 20 - Organizers of Italy's first CowParade hope to set a new record when the fiberglass artworks go up for auction on Tuesday .

The auction of the 53 cows will be handled by Sotheby's and as always the proceeds will go to charity Among the proud owners of a CowParade creation are Elton John, George Bush Sr., Queen Rania of Jordan, Nelson Mandela, Ringo Starr and former Czech president Vaclav Havel ........

http://ansa.it/main/notizie/awnplus/english/news/2006-02-20_885561.html
Manchester had a "CowParade", it was a great sight, lots of fun!

King Bestows Bejeweled Grand Cordon of Al Nahdah on Princess Haya</STRONG>
Pet0925 4 0122 King Bestows Bejeweled Grand Cordon of Al Nahdah on Princess Haya For News papers only ================== Amman, Feb.20(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday conferred Bejeweled Grand Cordon of Al Nahdah on Princess Haya Bent Al Hussein, the wife of Prince Sheikh Mohammad Ben Rashid Al Maktoum, in recognition of her humanitarian efforts and continued performance in supporting humanitarian activities through her mandate as WFP Goodwill Ambassador. Wardat/Petra 201927 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/20/30824500.htm

Suggestion

As Jordanians, Her Majesty Queen Rania is known as Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdallah. To those who have lived long enough in Jordan, they know the parts of Amman. One Area is called Al-Abdali. Some people may not know it but Al-Abdali is short for Al-Abdallah. Now, can Her Majesty Queen Rania be referred to as "Queen Rania Al-Abdali"?

Hey Little Star ... The cow parade must of been fun. Here, in the wild west of Alberta Canada we had a cow parade a few years back. My kids and I had a blast looking at them. They raises alot of money as well. One of my favorite was a cow who was dressed like the Queen of England.

Claudia Lisa Remy said:
Hey Little Star ... The cow parade must of been fun. Here, in the wild west of Alberta Canada we had a cow parade a few years back. My kids and I had a blast looking at them. They raises alot of money as well. One of my favorite was a cow who was dressed like the Queen of England.

We have had them in London - they were great - really fun and made people smile on their way to and from work :)

King Abdullah welcomes Britain's Home Secretary Charles Clarke on his arrival at the Royal Palace in Amman, Jordan, February 21,2006

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• r2928447551.jpg
    r2928447551.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 221
what is up with rania's new style..... way too much layering and bad colour coordination..... the ble under the brown and black is pure laziness.

Queen reinforces importance of awareness, prevention programmes in spreading 'child safety' culture

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday reinforced the importance of awareness and prevention programmes in creating and spreading a culture of child safety in Jordan and the Arab world.

During a visit to the Queen Rania Family and Child Centre (QRFCC) yesterday, the Queen joined a group of children aged six to eight, participating in a drama workshop. The children were working on identifying feelings and expressing those feelings using audiovisual stimulants. Jordan Times

pictures from Petra

This is actually a very effective approach in getting children to open up and feel comfortable, "safe," expressing their feelings. We have a local center which began a similar program this year and the results have impressed the professionals supervising it--some of whom were skeptical at first. I hope more schools/programs in Jordan and within other countries begin utilizing it as a means to reinforce and help children identify and receive help when their safety is being threatened. It's very nice to see Queen Rania lending her support to it.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Queen reinforces importance of awareness, prevention programmes in spreading 'child safety' culture

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday reinforced the importance of awareness and prevention programmes in creating and spreading a culture of child safety in Jordan and the Arab world.

During a visit to the Queen Rania Family and Child Centre (QRFCC) yesterday, the Queen joined a group of children aged six to eight, participating in a drama workshop. The children were working on identifying feelings and expressing those feelings using audiovisual stimulants. Jordan Times

pictures from Petra

Last edited by a moderator:
ZZZ said:
what is up with rania's new style..... way too much layering and bad colour coordination..... the ble under the brown and black is pure laziness.

I can say the same with her face and hair,something wrong is going with them:confused: Or maybe this is her nature,photoshoping,makeup and hairstylists can't do something anymore to improve her looks:D

I don't know what is going on but I can say thar QR hasn't looked anywhere near her usual glossy, well turned out self. Even if her hair was in a simple chignon, it would look a lot more elegant and would hide any growing out highlights/poor condition etc.

This lady has a worldwide reputation for looking great at all times - recently she just looks like any other well to do Arab housewife who got up late and got dressed in a rush.

I thought people were constantly critical of the fact that she is always perfectly turned out? Now, you don't want her to tone down her look? Interesting.

Thanks for the pictures, Humera.

I totally agree with what you're saying, Maryshawn, my Mum participated in a couple of workshops like this when she spent some time working with children and it really makes all the difference. Some of the kids opened up so much more easily in a group than on a one-to-one basis.

Queen joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training</STRONG>

Pet0799 4 1126 Queen joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training Amman/Jan.22(Petra)-- Queen Rania joins Ministry of Education and Intel in honoring the three millionth teacher to complete training through 'Intel Teach to the Future' Highlighting the central role of teachers in introducing creativity and 21st century learning skills into the classroom, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, on Sunday, attended an award ceremony held by Intel Corporation, in recognition of the three millionth teacher, Jordanian Bothayna ElHabahba, to have completed the "Intel Teach to the Future" training program worldwide. Intel Teach to the Future is part of the Intel Innovation in Education Initiative, a sustained commitment - in collaboration with educators and government leaders worldwide - to help today's students develop the higher-level thinking skills they need to participate and succeed in a knowledge-based economy. Established in 2000, the program has since then armed three million teachers across 35 countries, including Arab countries, with strategies to develop digital literacy, creativity, higher-order thinking, communications and collaboration. By incorporating technology and these new teaching models into daily lessons, teachers are making learning exciting, are helping students to reach their potential and are driving digital literacy. ElHabahba was awarded at a ceremony held at the Al Marouj Secondary School for Girls, which was attended by Minister of Education, Khalid Touqan, Minister of Information and Communications Technology, Mr. Omar Al-Kurdi, and Gordon Graylish, Vice President, Sales and Marketing Group, General Manager, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Intel Corporation. "In today's global knowledge society, technology literacy is essential for innovation and economic growth. Through Intel Teach to the Future, teachers like Habahba are embedding technology into the process of learning, thereby improving the skills and competitive readiness of the future workforce," said Graylish. He added: "Such programs are part of Intel's comprehensive, multi-year "Digital Transformation Initiative for the Middle East" and underscore our long-term commitment to promote technology skills, knowledge transfer and economic development in the region" "Applying the knowledge I gained from the Intel Teach to the Future training has transformed my lessons. My students are eager and excited to use the computers, and lessons are more interesting and participative. The new way of teaching has also revealed previously hidden skills, such as designing and group working, in many of the pupils," said Habahba. Prior to the ceremony, Her Majesty met a number of teachers who have completed the program and was briefed on the program's skills and methods of implementation. Queen Rania has long been an avid supporter of integrating information technology into the classroom, stressing that enhancing teachers' skills is vital to motivating students to learn and engage in creative and critical thinking, a criterion upon which the Queen Rania Distinguished Teacher Award, launched last year by His Majesty King Abdullah, was based. Established in Jordan in 2003, the first Middle Eastern country to implement it, in partnership with the Ministry of Education, the program has thus far trained more than 25 thousand public school teachers, the largest public-private initiative ever launched between the Jordanian government and any corporation to date. Intel, the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Earlier on Sunday, Queen Rania also visited the Shafa Badran Charity Society, where she met members of the local community and listened to their concerns and needs. The Society was established in 1991 with the aim of empowering young women to enable them to develop small and income-generating projects. The society offers a number of services, including sewing and embroidery training, support of underprivileged families, illiteracy classes in cooperation with the University of Jordan, computer training for older people, and lectures and awareness programs. Queen Rania had previously visited the organization in 2003, where she launched a vocational training center with the Ministry of Labour. Wardat/Petra 221925 Local JAN 2006 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/22/30140700.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
King Receives Qatari First Deputy of Prime Minister</STRONG>
Pet0718 4 0317 King Receives Qatari First Deputy of Prime Minister Amman, Feb. 21 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II received on Tuesday Qatari Foreign Minister, the First Deputy Prime Minister, Sheikh Hamad Bin Jasem Bin Jaber Al Thani, who delivered greetings of His Highness Emir of Qatar Hamad Bin Khlaifa Al Thani to His Majesty King Abdullah II. During the meeting, attended by Foreign Minister Abdul Elah Al Khatib, the Director of the General Intelligence and the Qatari Ambassador to Amman, the two sides affirmed the importance of enhancing relations between the two countries and developing the bilateral cooperation in the various fields. King Abdullah praised the distinguished level of relations that Jordan and Qatar are enjoying. For his part, Sheikh Hamad Bin Jasem expressed keenness of Emir of Qatar to heighten the bilateral relations in all domains for the interest of both peoples. He also expressed the keenness to present the needed facilities for the Jordanian workers and qualifications to work in Qatar to push the Qatari economy forward. Talks touched to the latest political developments in Iraq and Palestine and means of strengthening the joint Arab work. //Petra// Ashkar 211711 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/21/30856000.htm

Little_star said:
I thought people were constantly critical of the fact that she is always perfectly turned out? Now, you don't want her to tone down her look? Interesting.

Thanks for the pictures, Humera.

I totally agree with what you're saying, Maryshawn, my Mum participated in a couple of workshops like this when she spent some time working with children and it really makes all the difference. Some of the kids opened up so much more easily in a group than on a one-to-one basis.

There is a difference between an outfit being well put together (after all, one doesn't neccessarily have to be rich to be stylish) and looking like this especially on a state visit to Bahrain. I think the issue most people have with Rania is the rampant spending that everyone talks about. With all the clothes she has, it shouldn't have been too hard to choose outfits that at least look good from the stock she already has.

Tone it down by all means - that would be great but there is no excuse for looking like this - at least choose colours that co-ordinate.

Where don't her colours co-ordinate? Moreover the trip to Bahrain was not a state visit.

And I'd love to see evidence of the rampant spending? All the outfits she's worn in recent months have been items previously worn as can be seen in the relevant thread. I imagine like most women in her position she gets her clothes for free. It's what most designers do.

:eek:
Little_star said:
Where don't her colours co-ordinate? Moreover the trip to Bahrain was not a state visit.

And I'd love to see evidence of the rampant spending? All the outfits she's worn in recent months have been items previously worn as can be seen in the relevant thread. I imagine like most women in her position she gets her clothes for free. It's what most designers do.

Beige and grey :cool:

What's wrong with beige and grey? It looks very smart together, pink and red I could understand.

I have scoured the Fall 2005 collections several times over and beige, gray, brown, and blue are the most dominant colours in all the collections this fall. Various check patterns are in almost every collection, on jackets and trousers and skirts, so are gray trousers.
Queen Rania's recent style is a reflection of what's happening in fashion lately. There's a lot of mixing of different textures, patterns, and colours, a more laid-back approach, so to speak. The look isnt very contrived.
Im sure Rania finds it easier for less formal events. She's, after all, a very hands-on mother of 4, even with all the help of someone in her position. Her schedule is still planned around her kids' activities.
What i've noticed recently is that she's been looking somewhat tired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom