King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 4: July 9-August 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.star.com.jo/viewNews/DetailNews.aspx?nid=1187

King diagnoses political ills

By Maha Al-Sharif
Political pundits were squeezing their minds pondering at the level of political discord, among the legislative and executive authorities in the country, that forced the Hashemite Monarch to address both authorities on the people’s frustration with their elected representatives. His Majesty initiated a key milestone to framework the duties and responsibilities of the executive and legislative authorities.

where is Queen Rania lately? Haven't seen her much since the vacation in Croatia.
I was expecting her to accompany King Abdullah in Russia.
Oh but I suppose she wants to spend time with her kids, esp. little Hashem.

I guess she and her family are in a very secure place because of what recently happened in Jordan:

(" Three rockets were fired at two US Navy ships in Jordan's Red Sea Aqaba port on Friday, but missed their targets and killed a Jordanian soldier on land." )from www.gulfnews.com :20/8/2005

Last edited:
yes I was wondering about that because they do spend quite a bit of time at their house in Aqaba.

Last edited:
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/08/22/014.html

Putin Meets King, Drives to Ski Town

Combined Reports
empty.gif

Itar-Tass
Putin's vintage Volga parked near the new tunnel that connects Sochi with the Krasnaya Polyana ski resort on Friday.

empty.gif

President Vladimir Putin and Jordanian King Abdullah II held a second day of talks Friday in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, discussing bilateral relations and international issues, the Kremlin said.

President Clinton to Host Clinton Global Initiative

World Leaders to Convene in New York September 15-17 NEW YORK, Aug. 22 /CNW/ - Initiative (CGI), a major conference that willbring together global leaders from business, politics, science, religion, andnon-governmental organizations. The CGI will be a forum for the group todevelop concrete policies and implement solutions to the world's mostchallenging problems. Focused on results, the Clinton Global Initiative is a non-partisanconference in which attendees will participate in workshops and meetingsfocused on four main topics: poverty; religion, conflict, and reconciliation;climate change; and enhancing governance. At the conclusion of the conference,attendees will be asked to make a specific pledge to address one of thoseareas and will report on their progress to President Clinton over the courseof the year. Current confirmed attendees include King Abdullah II & Queen Rania, PrimeMinister Tony Blair, President Jacques Chirac, Prime Minister Recep TayyipErdogan, President Olusegun Obasanjo, President Leonel Fernandez Reyna,President Victor Yushchenko, Secretary General Kofi Annan, Vice Premier ShimonPeres, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Dr. Hernando de Soto, SoniaGandhi, Jeff Immelt, Rupert Murdoch, Hank Paulson, Howard Stringer, Dr.Muhammad Yunus, Ted Turner, George Soros and many more global leaders fromvarying fields. The three-day conference will convene with a plenary session on Thursdayafternoon September 15. The event will run through Saturday September 17 andwill consist of plenary sessions, meetings, presentations, and work groups.Much of the event will be open to press, but press must be credentialed by theClinton Global Initiative. (Work space and filing space will be provided forCGI-credentialed press). Space is extremely limited. To apply for credentials please contactpress</B>clintonglobalinitiative.orghttp://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2005/22/c1953.html

thanx for the info Little star
Looking forward to seeing Queen Rania there!
its just the type of event I'd expect her and King Abdullah to be involved in.

There's a photo of QR after KH's funeral and she looks beautiful, if this is how she looks without makeup during the mourning days then I assume she is beautiful. Of course, not in the glamorous way she is now but I guess she is the sort of people that the least change would lead into an overwhelming result. All she did, beside the nose job of course which I think it's a piece of cake these days, is a mini makeover on her hair styles, makeup and wardrobe but the result came in fabulous.

Anyway, if she ever wants a long lasting and waterproof makeup, she should dump such brands as Christian Dior or Lancôme, brands like Ben Nye, Crylon and Atelier would do the task just fine;) .
Photo copyright Ullsteinbild Press.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
I have never seen the color of Prince Hashim's eye, are they blue? If not, I think it's kind of disappointing that all of KA s' kids didn't inherit his blue eyes, the hue of them is attractive and I think his eyes are his best feature so it would be great if one of his kids would have them. I could be wrong because I never took a close look at their kids' photos but if the memory serves me, none of them had blue eyes:confused: .

Lords, I totally agree, she's always been beautiful, she's just tweaked her image, which lets face it as Queen was always going to happen.

If QR goes to see the pope, I hope she does not wear white. WHy did she do tha tin the first place??

Humera, do you know if they are paying their respects to the families of those affected by the recent attacks in Aqaba?

im not sure but yes I think its the family of the Jordanian soldier who died in the missile attack.

That's so sad. It's when you say photos like these it reminds you that being a King or Queen isn't all about glamour and gala dinners. I've seen a similar picture of Felipe and Letizia on another thread at a funeral for Spanish soldiers who recently died and they look just as emotionally drained as Rania and Abdullah do in these pictures.

Rania and Abdullah haven't been on a state visit for quite a while. They haven't received any foreign royals on state visits to Jordan either.
One explanation might be the tense situation in the ME but then the region is always tense. As I recall Queen Noor and King Hussein received many foreign royals on state visits to Jordan.
I hope we see such visits in the future.

I think it's because so many royals are on summer holiday. They were too.

well i wasnt just referring to this summer.
Their last major state visit was to Sweden in October 2003.
And they haven't received any royals on official visits to Jordan since becoming King and Queen in 1999.
I suppose that will change with time.

I had just saw a programm "SAGAS" in TF1 on french TV,about king abdallah and rania,I was surprised that she deosn't look as pretty as in pictures and photos shoots,on TV her chin looks so strong and angular ,and her teeth not good at all,it's just me or did somebody saw her in that programm on TV?if yes what did you think about?

I've seen Rania on TV many times. And she looks just as good as she does in the pictures.
However you seem not to like her at all so I doubt you'll feel the same way.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I've seen Rania on TV many times. And she looks just as good as she does in the pictures.
However you seem not to like her at all so I doubt you'll feel the same way.

Did you see the programm that I'm talking about?

I don't like many of behavior of rania,but I don't think that my opinion about her influences my eyes:rolleyes: ,I said that I foud her good in pictures but not on TV!!

Other way,there are many people which I like a lot,but which I don't find particulary beautifull like princess lalla salma or princess victoria;)

I have noticed that KA whenever goes on vacation never was accompanied with Prince Faisal, that's weird because I thought they were close. He was accompanied with Prince Talal once, Hamzah and Hashim too and he always spends the holiday with his sister Aisha. In all the photos you can see Aisha or one of her children or her husband Zeid (or is it Juma'a). There's a photo of QR shopping and Zeid appears slightly in the picture. I guess this assures what I read in Arab Times, regarding how QR met KA, the article said that QR was a friend of Aisha and through her she met Abdullah, not in a bank or exhibition as I always read. There's not much age difference between them, is it? I mean Aisha and QR.

The sad part is that why he never was with Faisal on a vacation, I have assumed that maybe PF doesn't like for his wife or daughter to show "much skin", their wardrobe is entirely different from QR or Aisha.

I was wondering why Prince Hussein doesn't look like his age. He is 11 but he looks far much younger while Omar (Feisal's kid) looks exactly like a 12-year-old boy, though there's a year difference between them, it wouldn't affect the fact that Omar look now older and more mature. When they were around 7 and 8, they look like the same age. Now it's like Hussein stopped growing while Omar had gained a lot of weight and looks more mature.

have there been any official state visits to jordan during King Abdullah's reign? I can't think of any - just informal visits such as from Blair, etc.

madonna23 said:
have there been any official state visits to jordan during King Abdullah's reign? I can't think of any - just informal visits such as from Blair, etc.

I have the same feeling.. ka and wife are the ones going to other countries be it for state visits, shopping, vacation, etc..In fact, the ka is known to spend more time abroad than in jordan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom