HSH Prince Albert Current Events 3 : Jan.2005 - Apr.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you mean that when you are married you are not serene?

Nathalian said:
I don´t think so...I belive he´s not getting married...He will be H.S.H isn´t?

NOOO! People, correct me if I´m wrong...but Prince Ranier is His Serene Highness....I don´t know why.....

Prince Rainer is still HSH, till he died. Then Albert will be HSH, he took the regency of the Principality because his father is sick but he not dethroning his father, Did I explain myself correctly?:confused:

His Serene Highness ( H.S.H)is the title of Albert and Rainier.
Stephanie and Caroline are : Her Serene Highness ( also H.S.H)

(S.A.S. is french , Son Altesse Serenissime, it means the same)

Thanks, Michelle! I always wondered why S.A.S. was there instead of H.S.H. sometimes, and what it stood for.

There really is no reason for Albert to marry unless he is in love. He has seen what both of his sisters have gone through with difficult marriages (Juno and Ducret) and probably wants to be 100% certain that the woman he marries is not only able to handle the "fishbowl" world of Monaco and the world press but also loves him for who is he and not what he stands for.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
What if he had found that special lady like Charles did and was told no? What if they have both remained unmarried?

Lady M, is this a possibility? ;)

Caroline is now Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover. She out ranks all of the Grimaldis except her father.

Julia said:
There really is no reason for Albert to marry unless he is love. He has seen what both of his sisters have gone through with difficult marriages (Juno and Ducret) and probably wants to be 100% certain that the woman he marries is not only able to handle the "fishbowl" world of Monaco and the world press but also loves him for who is he and not what he stands for.
Perfectly said thank you.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Perfectly said thank you.

Most welcome!

I just feel that marriage is for life and that it is one of the most serious, as well as joyful, decisions we make. And I really believe that Albert has very strong convictions with regards to this and many other matters. I think he will not marry until he has found (or, perhaps he already has) the right woman. He is one of the most, if not the most, eligible bachelors in the world and must be careful when selecting his bride. Not just for Monaco but for himself. Afterall, he will marry when it is a love match. ;)

Last edited:
so who want to sign up for the job of prince albert's wife?
i'll go first and put my name on the list

Yes, Albert CAN marry and even if it will be the LOVE MATCH, you all forget, about "the right for mistake". There is no perfection in this World and so long-awaited marriage can turn out not so happy union as could be... And besides, don't forget about the curse&Grimaldi's Family. Everybody hopes for the best, but who knows what is written in his own "Book of Life"? :cool:

this is really selfish of me, but i'm kind of hoping albert won't marry,so we'll see more of andrea, er, hopefully the responsible side of him as heir.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Caroline is now Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover. She out ranks all of the Grimaldis except her father.

Exactly, that's true...sorry didn't think of it.

As for Albert and a future wife.
He said about this (to Paris Match and Femmes magazines):
"I know for sure that people will always compare whatever woman to my mother. But the worst is and will be to make her ( the possible wife) accepted by my sisters. That's hard (grin...). Oh if you knew about the whole number of poor girlfriends of mine who the two girls ( Caroline and Stephanie) tore into pieces." (grin again...:) )

...and there's some truth to this. I remember being in Monaco with my family , and this was about 5 years ago. Thre was some party at Stephanie's restaurant. My brother ( 17 years old at that time) talked to Albert about
( guess what!) soccer and I interupted them cause I needed a new glas which Albert gave to me and we exchanged a few words.
Some minutes later Stephanie said to me:"Haha, saw your smile, If you want my brother that's fine with me but you have to become friends with Caro as well' ( grin and big smile on her face)"

So I guess, if you wanna become Al's girl you gotta win 3 hearts with one chance.....:)

I have a question, dunno if this is the right place for it but anyway :)

A few years ago I read that if Albert didn´t had any biological children Monaco would be "given" to France?
I cant remember the whole story but I dont think there was anything said about Caroline or Andrea taking over...

Do anyone know more about this and could explain it to me? Did it change and if so, why?

The rules of succession were changed to prevent that. Title passes to Albert, and if he has no kids, to Caroline's kids.

michelle said:
"I know for sure that people will always compare whatever woman to my mother. But the worst is and will be to make her ( the possible wife) accepted by my sisters. That's hard (grin...). Oh if you knew about the whole number of poor girlfriends of mine who the two girls ( Caroline and Stephanie) tore into pieces." (grin again...:) )

So I guess, if you wanna become Al's girl you gotta win 3 hearts with one chance.....:)

Could it be that the two girls just want him to marry someone who loves him for who he is, not for all the perks that come along with the title. I can understand how these two are protective of their only brother.

First official duty

Monaco prince's first official duty

Prince Albert made his first official appearance since assuming Monaco's royal powers from his critically ill father, attending mass on Tuesday for the late Pope John Paul II.

Albert, the only son of ailing Prince Rainier III and his late film star wife Grace Kelly, was accompanied at Monaco's cathedral by one of his sisters, Princess Caroline, as well as his nephew Andrea and his niece Charlotte. They all wore black.

The palace did not say why Rainier's youngest daughter, Princess Stephanie, did not go to the Mass, attended by about 1,000 people.

There was no update from the palace on the health of 81-year-old Rainier, who has been in intensive care since March 22 with heart, kidney and breathing problems.

Albert, 47, took over on Thursday as regent of this tiny Mediterranean principality, which is famous as a playground for the rich and famous. Rainier brought star allure to the realm in 1956 when he married Kelly, who died in a 1982 car crash.

As regent, Albert took over his father's royal powers, but not the throne - after a royal commission decided that Rainier was too sick to rule.
The last statement issued by Rainier's doctors said that the medical prognosis remained guarded for the prince, Europe's longest-serving monarch.

Rainier, who assumed the throne in 1949, entered Monaco's Cardio-Thoracic Centre in early March because of a chest infection. He was transferred to intensive care "with cardiac and kidney insufficiency" and placed on a respirator.

Monaco's archbishop, Monsignor Bernard Barsi, paid homage to Albert and Caroline for attending the mass "despite your grave worries."

"We pray that God will assist and give his strength to Prince Rainier," he said.

Didier Garofalo, a City Hall official, said he attended the Mass both out of respect for the pope and to show support for Rainier.

"It is also to support Albert in these difficult moments," he said.

© 2005 AP

Well than that process needs to hurry up a bit. In fact I have just about changed my mind or I may not care. I am perfectly fine with Andrea taking the throne.

LadyMacAlpine said:
You have no idea all his life he has done what was expected of him. The right thing should be to follow your heart. What if he had found that special lady like Charles did and was told no? What if they have both remained unmarried? Divorces are easy annulments are not look how long it took for Caroline to get her's annuled. Just thoughts for all who judge or critize Albert for his marital status. Should he get married because someone told him he had to to produce an heir? No. He should marry because he is in love and wants to.

Reina -- Well than that process needs to hurry up a bit. In fact I have just about changed my mind or I may not care. I am perfectly fine with Andrea taking the throne.
You have voiced your opinion Prince Rainier is still on the Throne, Albert is Regent. It will pass to Albert first then to Caroline who would need to pass it to Andrea.

michelle said:

...Some minutes later Stephanie said to me:"Haha, saw your smile, If you want my brother that's fine with me but you have to become friends with Caro as well' ( grin and big smile on her face)"

Sounds not very optimistic and not very promising for Albert. I just thought that if any girl really fall in love with him, but will not be able to PROVE and SHOW her sincere feelings to both his sisters (that way as they expect), they will do everything so that to hinder this relationship to develop to more serious level. I believe that sisters want the best for him, but at the same time they cannot know everything - what is the best and what is the worst -and cannot predict...I didn't suppose that the situation can be difficult up to such an extend.
If he wants to find the girl who will love HIM just for him, he should act like Shah in "1001 nights" - to change his royal attire, leave his country and travel incognito... May be then he will be more successful in avoiding gold-digers (though I am sure that it would be incredible that someone of Monaco royal family would pay attention to the board like this one (mean nothing bad as I love it) so that to read our advices and comments).

Last edited:
Julia said:
Lady M, is this a possibility? ;)
I had a big grin reading this. In life and love where God is concerned anything is possible. The Grimaldi Motto Deo Juvante means "with Gods help." It is written around the ceiling of the dinning room. I looked at the different rooms in the Palace and wondered what it was like to be brought up in a place like that? Could you truly find happiness within the walls of stone which is so hard? Can the tenderness of a heart soften and lessen the demands on the person you love? Or will it destroy a gentle soul trying to live within? Why does the Curse of the Grimaldi exist mentioned again by AquaMarine? Tonight another candle burns beside me for the family. My prayer is that Albert comes to know the joy of love and happiness it can bring by understanding that the one that needs to be considered the most is himself and his needs to please his heart not others.

The sad news: HSH Prince Rainier III of Monaco just passed away.So Prince Albert will become HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco.

The morning news are very sad and changes are going to be round the corner, but please allow Albert to be just a son during these sorrowful days. While our parents with us we are still children irrespective of age...

were does albert live
does he hvae a apartment in the castle where prince Rainier lived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom