HSH Prince Albert Current Events 3 : Jan.2005 - Apr.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lady m
it dosent sound to bad-take for instance the point about having someone telling you what to wear. for someone like me- i really could use help in that department.:eek:
infact, today my friends are taking me shopping or it better said that myfriend are picking my clothes

Last edited:
Thank you Freedom. Semi if you are attracted to Albert called one of the worlds most eligible bachelors you have good taste. Taste in fashion never get stuck in fads, you can change them to fit your individual style and start one of your own. The only thing in life that says you have to stay within the boundaries is the law and even those can change to better serve the needs of the people.

thx for compliment on my taste. i guess i have a fancy for the man but its only on his image because i dont know him.

semisquare

That is a very intelligent stance to have. I like Bertie too, but as I do not intimately know him, I swallow a few salt tabs with anything I read or hear second-hand about him and his family.

Oh, and for the confused (see posts upstream), the person typing this post is Danka's exchange sister. Suonymona is my account. Dani didn't know charlotte's web from the world wide web when she first got here so we share. Two separate people, not one big nut...well...two smaller goofy people maybe. :bigsmile

Theme and variations

Hi to all! :)
It's funny to see the different names invented for Albert. As they say - "The name is the mirror of human nature". If we look in the "Names Book" we will see that the name "Albert" gives him: integrity, sociability, sexuality, high (!) intuition, rich (!) imagination anf excessive (!) caution. Often the person with this name being a little "dodger and rabbit" :eek: risks in the mind's eye only.
IMHO neither Albi (womanlike), nor Bertie (weak) does not suit him as his second name - Alexander - the most powerfull (!) name of all existing male names. In this case he could be more determined, courageous, substantial and misculine not only in public, but also in private life :cool:
What do you think?
...I am curious what name he would prefer himself...

I believe he introduces himself as Al in informal situations.

Now with the news of Prince Charles planning to marry Camilla Parker Bowles this April, I wonder if Prince Albert plans to attend. I am sure he will be invited. (I mean, I would be surprised if he weren't). I hope there will be pictures of Prince Albert should he attend the wedding.

Just a thought...do you think this adds any additional pressure on Prince Albert to settle down? I mean, here this will be Prince Charles' second marriage and Prince Albert has yet to have his first. I'm just wondering if this in any way adds anymore pressure on him (in addition to the "regular" pressure he's been under to marry)...

Bertie is the name the Tabloids use with another which I won't use. Albie was used by family when young. Al Grimaldi is how he introduced himself in college and other places to be treated as a normal person. As far as marriage generally the more pressure gets the opposite effect. Albert will settle down when he feels the time is right and with the person he chooses.

Last edited:
why should he feel pressure to marry. its not like he has a biological clock ticking away.
beside, more women will really chase him now since he is very rare. rare in the area of being one of the few princes that are single.

We don't get many tabloids around here and I don't read them as it encourages the nasty papparazzi. I didn't know Albert is called that by them.

Many moons ago, I personally heard him called Bertie by a pal. It was in a joking way and the person poked him while doing it. It could have been a personal nickname.

I had thought it charming and privately called him that when I saw something about him. Like, 'oh Bertie is being chased by models again'. It took him off his pedastal in my eyes.

But if thats what those rags call him, I think I'll stick to Al-Al for Albert Alexander.

Of course should I ever be in the same room with him again I'll probably be too dumb-struck to do anything but blush let alone try to say a name!

NotDani

edited to add: I'm officially a commoner! :cool:

Just as a reminder (and this is not to take any fun away), let's please try to stay on topic (news and photos on Albert). This thread is getting a wee bit gossipy and personal discussions should take place away from the board.

Thanks.
Julia

Last edited:
I am re-opening this thread. As I said above it is getting somewhat gossipy, so please stay on topic, or post information that can be backed up by a source (magazine, book, etc.). Also, please review the community policies to see if your previous posts comply with the rules. If they do not please edit them so that they do.

Community Policies: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

Thank you,
Julia

Okay so once again here I go since the other thread has now been deleted.

If you read John Glatts book "The House of Monaco" you are familiar with Stevie Parker. I found her website by accident the other day and it has photos of Albert we have not seen before.

www.stephanieparker.com

Now looking at the site I would have to say she seems to be really into self promotion. And if you have read the book you would know that the sources of the information are a little less than credible, but I thought that everyone would like to see new photos of Albert.

Non stalker query. Albert make public un diary de events? I desire knowledge Albert again in USA.

Dani

semisquare said:
why should he feel pressure to marry. its not like he has a biological clock ticking away.
beside, more women will really chase him now since he is very rare. rare in the area of being one of the few princes that are single.

I agree with Semisquare :) Why should Albert fall under influence of "marriage flu"? May be he feels some pressure, and so what?!
I feel the same pressure too, but I am not going to stop at the first corner. The best of all to be alone, than to live with whoever happens to be there. This is just the right of our choice.
Albert reached manhood a long time ago and if he was waiting for someone&something up today, HE KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS.​

:) HAPPY VALENTINE DAY! :)
Since we have entered into this wonderful and fairy winter day when under cover of night good fairies dancing with snowflakes on the windowsill, I want to wish everyone coming here fulfillment of all our cherished dreams!

has anyone notice that in some pics albert looks heavy then in other he looks average? has he put on the middle age spread?

semisquare said:
has anyone notice that in some pics albert looks heavy then in other he looks average? has he put on the middle age spread?
Yes, depends on what he is wearing and he did loose a few pounds. If you read the article last year of what he eats its low carb. He looks good to me.

lady m
i guess its not to bad to reduce your carb intake...its good that he has lost weight u know people tend to get sugar when their waste line grows...
is he up to his regular duties or is he on vacation?

Do you think the residents of Monaco:

A) Want Albert to get married,
B) Don't want Albert to get married, or
C) Don't care one way or the other?

I go with answer A. I think they want him to marry, BUT they don't want the bride to be a model or starlet. They probably aren't impressed with that sort of thing since they see it everyday.

i also think that the answer to that question is A because they feel that marrage equals happiness
bunkycat that is a good question

prince albert thread V

does anyone have the times online article about a day in the life of prince albert of monaco

he supposedly shoved a glass out of a waitresses hand over a shuffle over a bar tab someone posted the article several years ago. hopefully someone out there still has it.albert seems to be a player from article above.jen

that is a shame too, today is not the time to be a player with all of the std's in the world, u know if u sleep with 6 people u have slept with everyone in the whole world,
not good odds if u ask me

Gabriella said:
Here is the new thread on Prince Albert. Happy Posting! :)

You can find the old thread here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4149&page=10&pp=20[/QUOTE
Does anyone besides me have a problem with this link? Also if I might ask is there a reason why these threads aren't called Crown Prince Albert? He is after all next in line for the Throne and talk is he is already running Monaco due to his father's health. His position makes him different then the other Prince's in the Forum he isn't just a figure head and some of their threads do say Crown Prince. I do realize he is more down to earth then the other Prince's and perfers to be called Al has it just been over looked? Thank you.

Polfoto 07-03-2005 Prince Albert of Monaco, center, is received by Sri Lankan President, Chandrika Kumaratunga, left, and Sri Lankan Foreign Minister, Lakshman Kadirgamar, at the presidential palace in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Monday, March 7, 2005. Prince Albert is in Sri Lanka on a four day visit. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 297
Status
Not open for further replies.