General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is lots of stress putting on a large wedding like that. I am sure PC was an active consultant. Additional stress with all the recent press releases. I don't think she is interested in being ruler nor wants her son to be ruler. She doesn't even like being a princess and didn't give her children titles. She said that they wouldn't need them so she was assuming that PA would marry and have children eventually.

If a royal wanted someone to be detained, they would have to have a good reason for doing so and prove this as well. You would certainly think so. Otherwise, they would look bad or look like they overstep their boundaries. That would be the worse thing that would happen as diplomatic immunity would protect them against being prosecuted or sued in court. It's hard to say what really happened as one says one thing and someone else says another. Somewhere in between is probably the truth.

FanofMonaco said:
There is lots of stress putting on a large wedding like that. I am sure PC was an active consultant. Additional stress with all the recent press releases. I don't think she is interested in being ruler nor wants her son to be ruler. She doesn't even like being a princess and didn't give her children titles. She said that they wouldn't need them so she was assuming that PA would marry and have children eventually.

FanofMonaco-
You are correct - even Mlle Alexandra de Hanovre, technically, has no royal title. HRH Princess of Hanover is just part of her legal name, and used out of courtesy toward her - in Monaco.

GenevieveElle--I really hope that's what Caroline is thinking. I didn't realize that she and Charlene were getting close? I have so much more respect for Charlene after seeing her during her wedding celebrations and how hard she seems to be making it work while her husband winks and cringes...a little sickening. All I can say is that Charlene needs all the allies she can get from his family, especially if his sisters are supporting her during this difficult time of not just albert's philandering but adjustment to the new role.

This whole thing to me is too reminiscent of "Too late. You're face is on the tea towels already."

I've no illusion that Charlene was totally in the dark about Albert's past and probably knows him all too well. They've been a couple for a number of years and most likely have a very intimate relationship.

In this case though and getting knowledge of recent paternity suits against your fiance practically right before you're heading down the aisle would make any woman run. It would state clearly that while she was falling in love, he may have been too but he was falling in lust all over the place. Regardless of whether he is the father or not, the basis for consenting to a DNA test is Albert saying that he well could be. If there was no case, he would counter sue for defamation of character or just blatantly ask for proof he knew the women mentioned.

Personally if it had been me I would have gone to the altar and told the celebrant Ah non. Ça ne marche pas!

GenevieveElle--I really hope that's what Caroline is thinking. I didn't realize that she and Charlene were getting close? I have so much more respect for Charlene after seeing her during her wedding celebrations and how hard she seems to be making it work while her husband winks and cringes...a little sickening. All I can say is that Charlene needs all the allies she can get from his family, especially if his sisters are supporting her during this difficult time of not just albert's philandering but adjustment to the new role.

Caroline and Charlene close? They hardly see twice a year.

CW has known PA for 6 or 7 years by now. She knew what she was getting into, and yet she did marry. That for me is Not have respect for yourself.

Last edited:
The Royal Correspondent | Daily news and gossip from the world of European royalty.

Prince Albert's bride 'desperate to know' if he cheated on her while they were together | Mail Online

I feel so sad about all of this. I still have not watched a re-run of the wedding. I feel sorry for Charlene and I feel sorry for Albert for being such a fool Even if NOT true. Why cannot he come out and make a public statement and put everyone's minds at rest. I don't understand why he lets this just all pass over his head. Why are his Lawyers not acting to put a stop to all the newspaper reports? All these questions and no answers? Interestingly, the new Princess's father has said all this is completely UNTRUE. I like how he said Charlene marrying a Prince was like winning the Lottery! He seems a nice supportive father, please Albert, don't let these people down!

I hope the recent smiles on Charlene's face is one of happiness and not staged! Diana Princess of Wales said her mother taught her to put on this amazing show of happiness in public, even though inside she was desperately unhappy. I have no idea where this will all end? I hope Albert's sisters will help her through all of this. And hopefully, the good times ahead will outweigh any bad times that come along in this life too.

Surely Albert must know, if he mishandles all of this he will end up alone ... yes never short of female company but alone without a wife by his side.

Last edited:
Something is surely not right...I don't like the way "Prince" Albert treated her the day of the religious ceremony. From pulling his finger back when she went to put on his ring, he seemed annoyed, to giving her that lame kiss when she pulled her own vail away from her face, to when she was crying in the chapel. Albert was so mean and disconected in my opinion. If he is found out to be the father of a child that he fathering during their ralationship, i hope, i hope desparetly, that she will leave him!!!!

There is no chance of that. She would be foolish to make a big gesture now.

Better to see how things develop, and try to get the best out of a - far from ideal - situation.

I don't know the rules? Was he supposed to pull the veil from her face? Is this significant that he did not? I did not see any of the LIVE wedding so I don't know what all his gestures/facial expressions signify, if anything?

Just wondering where does the new Princess stand with all of this? I mean can she leave at any time?

Last edited:
I am still keeping an open mind but if proven that he indeed fathered another child would want to know the reason behind his apparent impulse to sire children left and right.There must be something psychological behind this abhorrent behaviour. I just hope that they'd approach their honeymoon as an oppurtunity to repair or build up their relationship and get a legitimate heir pronto coz after all that's the essence of a monarchy,which is the continuation of a dynasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing to me is too reminiscent of "Too late. You're face is on the tea towels already."

Except that Diana was barely 20 years old and was easily influenced by her parents, her sisters, and her grandmother who wanted to see her marry the Prince of Wales. Charlène is 33 years old -- quite old enough to know that the marriage is her choice and that she doesn't have to go through with it if she had a change of heart.

There is another angle to this: Like a good daughter, Charlene would have been anxious to provide for her mother and father, the two brothers, and probably others.

I don't think that Charlene's parents are going hungry if she didn't marry PA. They may not be super rich, but they seem to do allright even so.
My concern as a mother would be that my child was not happy and not even for all the tea in China, would I let her marry someone who didn't love and respect her.

I don't think that Charlene's parents are going hungry if she didn't marry PA. They may not be super rich, but they seem to do allright even so.
My concern as a mother would be that my child was not happy and not even for all the tea in China, would I let her marry someone who didn't love and respect her.

But whose to say that they don't know that Albert love and respects her?

First of all, Albert has been been tried and found guilty based on his past, and the fact that he has already fathered illegtimate kids (when he wasn't in a committed legal relationship). So before we starting saying that he cheated on Charlene and believe all the tabloid stories, why don't we wait until this news is confirmed and/or denied.

Second, I would think that Charlene's parents in the time period that Albert and Charlene have dated have had an opportunity to spend time with Albert and might know him a little better than people on this board. Some I might add, who don't know him other than what they read up him from boards such as this and tabloids. I would think that the Wittstocks would have a better understanding of their daughter's relationship than us.

Here's something I'd like to know.

If Charlene were to become pregnant, and she left the country, perhaps to visit her parents in SA, what could happen if she stayed there, gave birth, and refused to return to Monaco?

Would Monaco (or France) be able to demand that SA hand over the baby/child? I know that when a US parent keeps a child away from the other parent, in another country, it is very difficult to get the child returned to the States, no matter what custody arrangements may have been made.

ladongas that is a great question and I never even thought of the possibility...I have no idea what the answer is.

Maybe someone who is familiar with international law could help us out.

What? There was no commitment until engagement? If that kid is his, it's 18 months old which means he cheated and isn't one not even born yet? Sorry they were committed the moment they within their relationship decide they were engagement or not....his taking the test certainly doesn't quell the rumors, in fact I think it lends credence to them but of course we shall see...hopefully this is all false bc seriously would be a very unfortunate way to start a marriage....plus if he is the father it would give the rumors that Charlene tried to run great believability IMO
When you are in an open relationship there is no commitment. An engagement is a commitment. Link to my other post of Albert getting off his jet in Nice with one of his other girlfriends taken February 23, 2009 that he had been dating since the fall of 2008. Its documented and has been discussed here that Albert had two types of girlfriends those you saw and those who Michael Powers called his real girlfriends who you didn't see. This is one of several reasons people believed and still do that this marriage like the relationship is an arrangement. Nothing will ever change their minds. My opinion if it is an arrangement, big deal. It wouldn't be the first marriage in the history of the Princely family to be arranged. Even Rainier and Grace meeting for the first time was arranged.

When they began dating Charlene's father told the press it was her job now to be the only women in his life. In the same year she was photographed in the Nice Airport looking at photos of Albert with another woman. She went into the relationship with her eyes open knowing what he was like. If they were able to get those photographs of Charlene in the airport they could get them to support these claims she tried to run away. Why don't they produce them?

I also know if Charlene was on the grounds of the Embassy for S.A. in Paris there was no way the French police or anyone else could get on the ground to confiscate her pass port. Does anyone honestly believe if she wanted to run away she couldn't have when she was in Paris, or Greece for that matter during the Special Olympics?

I believe there is something between them and Charlene said it herself that if they didn't get married they would always be good friends. By the number of his ex-girlfriends who attended the wedding I would say he does remain friends with his ex-girlfriends. I don't recall which book I was reading but it has a part of a conversation he had with one of the girls he dated that he told her he saw her more than any of his other girlfriends so they know. An example the press was saying he was going to marry two other woman Angie Everhart and Alicia Warlick who attended events with him just as Charlene. He was dating Nicole Coste (mother of Alexandre) for five years at the same time as both of those woman. This is not a surprise to anyone who has followed Albert in the press or on Forums through his many relationships.

Moonmaiden23 said:
ladongas that is a great question and I never even thought of the possibility...I have no idea what the answer is.

Maybe someone who is familiar with international law could help us out.

www.bringseanhome.org should answer all your questions. I'll try to summarize: the Hague Conventions requires abducting parents to return their children to their home country or country of residence before the abduction within six weeks of the abduction. A majority of the abductors are mothers so that is the main reason why fathers all over the world are struggling to get their children back. I know of one case where a British Father hasn't seen his daughter in 15 years. The girl is 18 and lives in Brazil. (Surprise, surprise) He is still fighting to see his daughter.

Now back to the topic at hand!

Edited to .org many apologizes! I've been on that site so many times I just put in Bring Sean Home

Last edited:
Future candidate for the Bulwer-Lytton prize?

www.bringseanhome.com should answer all your questions. I'll try to summarize: the Hague Conventions requires abducting parents to return their children to their home country or country of residence before the abduction within six weeks of the abduction. A majority of the abductors are mothers so that is the main reason why fathers all over the world are struggling to get their children back. I know of one case where a British Father hasn't seen his daughter in 15 years. The girl is 18 and lives in Brazil. (Surprise, surprise) He is still fighting to see his daughter.

Now back to the topic at hand!

Thanks, genegirl. Although that website wouldn't open for me, my question is a little different. If a woman is pregnant, has the child in SA, or in the USA, or wherever, the child has never really been a resident of Monaco, France, Mucklevania, or wherever. In fact, a child born in the US is automatically a citizen- not sure about other countries.

I know that international custody cases are sticky issues, and sometimes the dad is the bad guy (so to speak), and sometimes the mother is. I can't imagine a baby citizen being ripped from his/her mother's arms and essentially deported to another country.
Mind, I have no reason to believe that this can or will happen, but the thought of losing an infant to his all-powerful father...

If I were a *novelist, I would write a story of royal privilege and international uproar about a situation such of this.

"It was a dark and stormy night when the heavily pregnant Princess Edema of Mucklevania crossed the border into Freedomia, knowing that Prince Elvis and his armed knights were hot on her trail. Surely, she thought, the noble republic of Freedomia would grant her refuge and keep her and her infant safe from the Mucklevanian troops."

*a really bad novelist, of course

Aren't we putting the horse before the cart? Pregnancies, Divorces and Child Custody Cases?

Let's get back on topic.

Thanks Zonk I logged on and was totally overwhelmed just then! I don't want to join the off topic brigade but hasn't it occured to anyone anyway that these nasty stories might be down to good old fashioned jealousy? At the end of the day any woman who has had relations with PA (not to mention a child in the case of Nicole Coste who has been mentioned in this latest story) and then sees PC with the rock on her hand and the big wedding coming up might just feel a teeny weeny bit envious. I mean, anyone who had a gripe had plenty of time to voice it than to wait 2 days before the wedding. Anyway just a thought. But enough of that. Are the Prince and Princess (I love saying that!) going to remain in Monaco before leaving for SA for the IOC meeting or have they left for a short holiday before that?

IMO we won't find out about more out of weddlock children, or DNA results until after the legitimate heir appears. At that point I wouldn't be surprised if he'll come clean with all of them. The legit child will bail him out of the mess.

Posts about the couple's arrival in South Africa have been moved to their current events thread!

The exhibition "L'Histoire du Mariage Princier" is starting on July 9th and ends in late November, at the Musée Océanographique.
I believe it consists mainly of photographs....

The exhibition "L'Histoire du Mariage Princier" is starting on July 9th and ends in late November, at the Musée Océanographique.
I believe it consists mainly of photographs....

Not sure about that... Charlène did say in a Vogue interview that her Ocean tiara will be displayed there until she'll have an official engagement where she will use it. :) Then again, are we talking about the same exhibition? It might be a different one where the tiara is.

That's even better, Catarina, the Ocean Tiara is certainly well worth displaying.
Many thanks.

Thanks, Elly, for the new link Cityoutmonaco !

This means that there are two major "Royals" exhibitions running side by side...

"Splendour and Grandeur of the Courts in Europe" (Grimaldi Forum)

and this one about the wedding.

The Royal Wedding Story - CityOut Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom