General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve googled this to try and find the answer and the only thing I can see is this

“Despite an easing of lockdowns around the UK, people are advised not to travel between Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.”

It’s from a guardian article on 3rd June. But the above isn’t a rule, it’s an advise only.

This also links in with work from home situation, I believe, which the royals struggle to do their full role from home.

What most intrigues me is that President Macron has been exempt from the 14 day quarantine rule we now have in place.

So I’ve googled this to try and find the answer and the only thing I can see is this

“Despite an easing of lockdowns around the UK, people are advised not to travel between Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.”

It’s from a guardian article on 3rd June. But the above isn’t a rule, it’s an advise only.

This also links in with work from home situation, I believe, which the royals struggle to do their full role from home.

What most intrigues me is that President Macron has been exempt from the 14 day quarantine rule we now have in place.

Frankly, from a French pespective and considering the explosive situation where France is, on various fronts, this trip doesn't make any kind of sense ...

I can see where people will be chomping at the bit with this meeting at Clarence House between Charles, Camilla and Macron but in a general easing of restrictions this, to me, shows a "return to business as usual". I'm sure all precautions will be taken such as social distancing but it does seem to give us room to breathe that we are heading in the right direction. All is well if some public duties are being resumed.

One just has to take a look at Washington, D.C. as lawmakers return to business. I'm looking at Joe Biden on the TV right now with him having a black mask dangling from one ear. The mass gatherings all over though with no care to precautions though make me worry.

I am sorry an in person meeting right now seems like a bad decision all around.

Yes business has to start to return to normal a bit. But there has to be precautions taken. Business travel should be limited to what is necessary and precautions taken. Like quarantine. There is nothing necessary about this meeting, nothing urgent about it. And for them to be ignoring all quarantine procedures, isn't a great look either.

People who have been reduced to having their business meetings having to be conducted by zoom will wonder why Macron and the POW don't have to do the same. Is there some urgent need I am missing for a face to face?

And yes, Macron is taking a bigger risk going into the harder hit UK at the moment. Hopefully he quarantines on his way home at the very least.

Last edited:
We're in phase 2 now as well but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is open - it's totally random. I agree that Charles has been mocked and treated badly but now people seem to have more respect for him. Some things that people thought he did that was odd now seems normal and he seems like he was ahead of his time.

This meeting betwee C&C and Macron will be happening on the advice of the government, it will not have been arranged independently. Any comments on this matter should really be directed at the government, IMO.

Charles posted these adorable photos..........love em!!!

29872518-8444109-image-a-4_1592724286740.jpg

29872520-8444109-image-m-5_1592724317848.jpg

They were happy times I think, when he and his two sons all played for the same polo team.

If that is what 73 looks like, bring it on! Camilla looks absolutely amazing!

This photo is so " her". I mean it's not the usual overbrushed Testino style stuff. It's casual, fun and inviting. You can hear her laugh from here.
I like it .

A second photo was released today to thank all the well-wishers:

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes for The Duchess of Cornwall"

** Photo **

A second photo was released today to thank all the well-wishers:

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes for The Duchess of Cornwall"

** Photo **

This very much appears to be the new practice within the Firm, to first release some pictures / a picture, and then follow up a few hours later with a thank you message and some more pictures.

Love the colour and style of the dress it my favourite photo is the one taken beside that beautiful fountain.

A bit late but I love the birthday photos for the Duchess :flowers:

They look natural and she is just happy and relaxed. The fountain one is beautiful setting for the photo.

She looks great in blue.

That's a beautiful colour on Camilla.

From the appearance of the lawn, it's good to see they practise organic gardening at Clarence House.

^^^^^ She is certainly proof that it is never too late to change which, when you think of the change of lifestyle she undertook, I am filled with admiration and find her both really interesting and very inspiring.

I find the way she stepped up out of her comfort zone amazing and the Duchess has become a formidable fashion icon in her own right. She knows how to sparkle when she must and set her own "Hot Weather CountryTour" style. Her parasols and flowing scarves adorning a caftan or Pakistani style tunic and trousers was definitely outside the square, and that took guts.

Her personal choice of charities has also included the ugly side of life along with the expected. But I bet noone thought she'd thow herself into her work to the degree she has or that her warm and witty personality would endear her to so many.

All in all she is a very worthy wife and daughter in law.

Prince Charles shares message for the people of Victoria as the state battles second wave of COVID-19

That is a damned fine message of support and very hard to make without sounding facile and fake. I hope his intended audience sees it for the message of support that it is and appreciate that there is really nothing else he and Camilla can give them.

It was notable that the vacuous "thoughts and prayers" were not shared but then again the UK and the rest of the Commonwealth are quietly hoping they don't end up sharing their misfortunes.

In truth I would be surprised if both he and Camilla have not had friends badly affected or worse, become long haulers. I see that the US has set up the first Post Covid care and research facility.

I'm thankful for the caring and sensible words from Prince Charles.

Victorians and Australians are not experiencing as high a death rate as many other countries but many things are similar. The business loss, worry, restriction of movement, missing family and seeing some loved ones suffer illness and overbearing work responsibilites for example is everywhere and it's true that bush fire victims have suffered huge extra burdens.

Charles shows himself to be thoughtful and concerned. That is kind.

Also very kind of Camilla to share a reading list.
She offers insightful and honest recommendations.
A few of the books sound fun to me.

Whatever they're doing these days always seems to leave me feeling happier and more light hearted.

I would never have thought myself susceptible to frequent cases of warm fuzzies. Charles and Camilla are absolute troopers covering a wide range of people of all ages, ethnicities and all walks of life. Now is when we need happiness within the strictures imposed by Covid-19 and this dynamic duo are the pivot of the royal outreach.

They communicate a sense of calm acceptance and encourage people to look upward and outward, fully cognizant of the dire health and financial situation, they encourage us to be the best we can be rather than allowing ourselves to fall into despair.

I love this...what a fantastic idea. I hope they do cranachan one day!

Prince Charles and Camilla have unveiled a 'special recipe' for traditional Scottish oatcakes as part of an online 'taste tour across the UK' to celebrate their royal work.

The Prince of Wales, 71, posted a step-by-step guide to create Watermill's Oatcakes on the @ClarenceHouse Instagram page yesterday.

Alongside snaps and the recipe for the delicious snack, the caption read: 'This week, join us as we take a taste tour around the United Kingdom and look back at Their Royal Highnesses’ visits featuring all things food from across the country - with some special recipes shared along the way!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ial-recipe-traditional-Scottish-oatcakes.html

How cool! My favorite part of the Royal year is seeing Charles and HM cracking up at Braemaer.....Sadly it was not to be this year, but at least some sort of games were held. I love seeing Charles look so happy...

Prince Charles was in a jovial mood as he formally opened a virtual edition of the Highland Games after the annual summer event was cancelled due to Covid-19.

The Prince of Wales, 71, was on hand to raise the standard as a small group gathered on August 29 to compete behind closed doors in a pared-back version of the Braemar Highland Games, in Aberdeenshire.

The event was filmed and shown online from Saturday 12, in an event dubbed 'the Virtual Highland Games'.

Photos of Prince Charles at the opening event were released this week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ighland-Games-2020-Braemar-Aberdeenshire.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom