General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder - what else has she asked to be part of and possibly been (politely I'm sure) turned down?

I do find in interesting for a couple who dislike the RF so much to walk away from it they seem very happy to list it as their "credential" and "qualification" so much. Why not insist on being known as an actress (no shame in that at all) or former blogger (no shame there either!). It intrigues me how they seem to almost pick and choose which bits of the RF they dislike and how they are 'standing on their own two feet' but by using their royal links to do so.

IMO it’s the RF connection they were counting on when they left to open doors for their whatever. It’s my belief that they are a couple of chameleons who will show up and talk about any subject anywhere....

All right. If Harry means we can "redesign social media" in a way so he only gets good press no matter what he does he's living in a fantasy. That's not how social media works.

Yup. LOL I have never heard the term “word salad”... What I do know is that Harry sounds to me like he’s saying what he thinks people want to hear..I don’t buy any of it. I was an English major, and I’m a word and grammar nerd. It not only sounds like what your students do, but it sounds like what students in general do when they need to add words to make their essays long enough, lol.

You’re so right about social media...Harry’s problem is he seems to want to turn everyone into Polyannas, wants to rid the world of negativity...Well, there’s a lot to be negative about. Not everyone on social media are nasty people...but, it’s a free society, and therefore people who are annoying have as much right to express their opinions as people who are not. When they go too far, report them. The solution is not to change every single thing that Harry ever finds bothersome.

Harry is beginning to sound awfully dictatorial right now.

All right. If Harry means we can "redesign social media" in a way so he only gets good press no matter what he does he's living in a fantasy. That's not how social media works.

Precisely, Harry needs to remember that he is a member of the British royal family and not the Thai royal family.

Harry is beginning to sound awfully dictatorial right now.

Precisely, Harry needs to remember that he is a member of the British royal family and not the Thai royal family.

I would say..not dictatorial, but self-righteous and controlling. I’m sorry to say, but Harry comes off as a caricature. He may have good intentions, but it’s hard to take him seriously when he says things like this...

The Guardian called them Meghan and Harry Windsor in their article. Made me laugh.

The Guardian called them Meghan and Harry Windsor in their article. Made me laugh.

I've read a couple of articles (including one in the Telegraph) which made a point of saying something like "the couple/Harry and Meghan were formerly known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex".

Which I thought was interesting since they still are the DDoS and they still refer to themselves as that in their current ventures. Journalists getting snarky.

I haven't read what Harry had to say about social media and have just read the comments here in this thread but I do have to think that Harry speaking out about social media reform is akin to Martha Stewart getting to a podium and speaking out about the latest developments in brain surgery. :D

Just my opinion of course.

I haven't read what Harry had to say about social media and have just read the comments here in this thread but I do have to think that Harry speaking out about social media reform is akin to Martha Stewart getting to a podium and speaking out about the latest developments in brain surgery. :D

Just my opinion of course.
Yeah, that's... basically it. Unfortunately it wasn't good, it just felt like an assignment written at the latest possible time, prolonged as much as possible. Less big words and more sense (and strong points) would be my advice for the future. It's clearly not something Harry has written himself nor has any idea about, which is sad.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Which article is this?

About the media thing. If you google it you will find it.

I've read a couple of articles (including one in the Telegraph) which made a point of saying something like "the couple/Harry and Meghan were formerly known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex".

Which I thought was interesting since they still are the DDoS and they still refer to themselves as that in their current ventures. Journalists getting snarky.

As a public figure if the journos get snarky. You are done.

Yeah, that's... basically it. Unfortunately it wasn't good, it just felt like an assignment written at the latest possible time, prolonged as much as possible. Less big words and more sense (and strong points) would be my advice for the future. It's clearly not something Harry has written himself nor has any idea about, which is sad.

Well who did write it then? It is a very first year undergraduate affair where the writer has not learnt finesse yet. It just wasn't good. He may have well written it himself with a bit of help and that would explain that.

I don't know. It is all very ill judged. I veer from being annoyed at them to being embarrassed for them to being a bit pitying of them. Just trying to do something/anything so they can relevant on their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Journalists are often snarky.. they always have been with Harry and meg

This type of Snarky. They have varying states of snarkiness.

This is the: you are nothing now, don't be thinking we care about your voice. We will push you to obscurity type. Most lethal of them all.

Harry did an interview with Rashad Robison of “Stop Hate for Profit”

He talks better than he writes.

But ai would quote The Guardian

'It is also slim on specific proposals for change.'

They seem to like pointing out issues with little proposals for.change. I feel myself going. Yes, yes, yes I know and what is.your idea?

This type of Snarky. They have varying states of snarkiness.

This is the: you are nothing now, don't be thinking we care about your voice. We will push you to obscurity type. Most lethal of them all.

I think that was inevitable from some elements of the British press'. They didn't take to Meghan and they got more and more sneering about Harry, as they feel that he has stopped being "cheery Jolly Harry the Lad"...and ran out on his royal life.. with his American wife... so he'll never be forgiven by some of them. Diana got something of the same from some Journalists too, they had built her up and felt they could tear her down as well if she wasn't cooperative...

I think that was inevitable from some elements of the British press'. They didn't take to Meghan and they got more and more sneering about Harry, as they feel that he has stopped being "cheery Jolly Harry the Lad"...and ran out on his royal life.. with his American wife... so he'll never be forgiven by some of them. Diana got something of the same from some Journalists too, they had built her up and felt they could tear her down as well if she wasn't cooperative...

Oh they were horrible to Diana.

I think the journalists were all about parental of Harry years ago. They knew he was a lad but they were fine with the cover ups. Now the journalist are younger and getting nearer.to Harry's age they are more seeing him as a peer and thinking: you don't sack off your responsibilities.

Yup. LOL I have never heard the term “word salad”... What I do know is that Harry sounds to me like he’s saying what he thinks people want to hear..I don’t buy any of it. I was an English major, and I’m a word and grammar nerd. It not only sounds like what your students do, but it sounds like what students in general do when they need to add words to make their essays long enough, lol.

This . I did it whenever I had to write an essay on a topic I hated and couldn't be arsed to aply myself .
Most often fabricated in long cylindrical shape or sold in little glasses ,availabe in multiple colours and sometimes scented , these products of hard working bees are sold in most shops and stores around the nation . You know, instead of "candles can be bought in supermarkets".

The term we used to use was "padding" - someone writing a load of rubbish to pad out their work so that it reached the appropriate word limit! I was the other way round - I used to get carried away with things and then have to go through crossing words out to get under the limit .

“We are now plugged into a vast nervous system that, yes, reflects our good, but too often also magnifies and fuels our bad."

I wish people wouldn't refer to "my bad" or "our bad". It's very poor English! So is saying "a crisis of hate" rather than "a crisis of hatred".

I quite agree that there is some very nasty stuff on social media, plus a lot of fake news: I don't think anyone's disputing that. But this just sounds like a lot of waffle.

Well who did write it then? It is a very first year undergraduate affair where the writer has not learnt finesse yet. It just wasn't good. He may have well written it himself with a bit of help and that would explain that.

I don't know. It is all very ill judged. I veer from being annoyed at them to being embarrassed for them to being a bit pitying of them. Just trying to do something/anything so they can relevant on their own.
Some poor, underpaid intern? :lol: I also felt a bit of Meghan in that... thing, because I doubt we can call it an article. But honestly, Meghan or not, intern or not, pre-marriage Harry never sounded so righteous, moralizing and conceited and no matter who wrote it, he's claiming it as his.

I just feel bad about it all.

I don't know why Harry and Meghan are that bothered about social media, didn't they say that they never read anything on social media?

Some poor, underpaid intern? :lol: I also felt a bit of Meghan in that... thing, because I doubt we can call it an article. But honestly, Meghan or not, intern or not, pre-marriage Harry never sounded so righteous, moralizing and conceited and no matter who wrote it, he's claiming it as his.

I just feel bad about it all.

I can't help but have flashbacks to 2018 and Harry practicing his opening speech for the Invictus Games with an audience of one. His coach. Meghan. If its the two of them comprising speeches together, they've got a long way to go to even start to be deemed professional and the first step is to actually be very familiar about what you're talking about.

Harry is convincing when he gets up there and makes speeches about the Invictus Games. Its something near and dear to his heart and he's passionate about it. Talking about social media reforms makes him sound like he's the newest addition to the bandwagon and its just something to "do". Big difference in my eyes.

I can't help but have flashbacks to 2018 and Harry practicing his opening speech for the Invictus Games with an audience of one. His coach. Meghan. If its the two of them comprising speeches together, they've got a long way to go to even start to be deemed professional and the first step is to actually be very familiar about what you're talking about.

Harry is convincing when he gets up there and makes speeches about the Invictus Games. Its something near and dear to his heart and he's passionate about it. Talking about social media reforms makes him sound like he's the newest addition to the bandwagon and its just something to "do". Big difference in my eyes.

He also had speech writers to help him.

I read the first paragraph and had to stop...and I wish Harry would stop. There is nothing wrong with social media - he just needs to quit paying attention to what people say.

I stopped reading too. I really think he wants to stop all the negative commentary he and Meghan are experiencing. Also, the article reeks of hypocrisy considering they have not spoken out against the negativity in the book "Finding Freedom"

From Vanity Fair, which is hardly anti -Sussex:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/08/prince-harry-danger-of-social-media-op-ed

.... [edit-JessRulz]

During Meghan’s time in the royal family, she and Harry relied more on social media to get their message out than ever before, even reportedly bypassing the royal press office when they announced that Meghan was in labor with their son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. When they started their own Instagram in April 2019, it became one of the fastest accounts to ever get 1 million followers. But in the months since their royal exit became official on March 31, Meghan and Harry have not posted to their own social media accounts, choosing to spread their messages on the accounts of their nonprofit partners. [/I]

So - the first paragraph [edit-JessRulz] is 100% unnecessary, we know the internet can, unchecked, be a dangerous place. Why compare it to lead poisoning?! That confuses me as its so unnecessary and has no point really. We get it just say - "while now we don't always appreciate the full effects of social media use on mental health, in time we will see the consequences"

The second [edit-JessRulz] part - ermmmmmmm is Harry trying to stand up for traditional media, really?!?! Well thats new.

The bold quoted part - even VF which is usually either neutral or Pro H&M can't resist pointing out the irony in a subtle way. How can a couple who once used social media to the greatest effect now decry its use, without at least a caveat that "some use is of course informative and okay". Didn't they try use social media and the internet to effectively bully HM into agreeing to their deal? interesting they now speak about its dangers. This perhaps is where they fall down a lot, they don't even address their contradictory messages vs actions other than saying words to the effects of "we are special so its okay for us" (private jet use). This is what devalues their message, along with their adoption of so many important issues rather just one.

:previous:

Or the talk about racism and white privilege: let’s talk about how bad it is, but just not our own (cough Nazi outfit and racial slurs cough) and that of our friends, or our fans, racist behavior.

Same for online bullying. I’ve been online for twenty years now, the Sussex squad is the most toxic fan base I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. They actually doxx, harass and expose the names and personal information of people who don’t worship the Sussexes.
They call anyone who criticizes the Sussex racist, while excusing Harry’s own past racist behavior, they even attacked Sasha, the black influencer whose career Jessica tried to destruct.

I know it's good. I like The Guardian articles on the royals. Seeing as they really have no invested interest in them. Not being on the royal rota.

I don’t read them because they’re Republican, and so obviously anti-BRF

I don't know why Harry and Meghan are that bothered about social media, didn't they say that they never read anything on social media?

Just the opposite; they read comments in the comments section of articles and also on social media. They care a great deal what people think of them.

Or the talk about racism and white privilege: let’s talk about how bad it is, but just not our own (cough Nazi outfit and racial slurs cough) and that of our friends, or our fans, racist behavior.

Same for online bullying. I’ve been online for twenty years now, the Sussex squad is the most toxic fan base I have ever had the displeasure of encountering. They actually doxx, harass and expose the names and personal information of people who don’t worship the Sussexes.
They call anyone who criticizes the Sussex racist, while excusing Harry’s own past racist behavior, they even attacked Sasha, the black influencer whose career Jessica tried to destruct.

The royal life is icky. You use your children as a PR offensive. See Cambridge children and see Harry and a William always. You give stories on them to make yourself look good. See William and Harry's childhoods again. It's a minefield. It's hierarchical. It's be seen to believed. But this life is one where you have to be talented to sustain your platform. Have something worthwhile to add to the conversation. Be interesting all by yourself and not because of your name.

Be rich people. Go off and life a good life.

It isn't just you. None of them would be anything without being royal. Well Phillip, Anne and Zara definitely. They had/have talent. But you know just accept it and do move on.

I don’t read them because they’re Republican, and so obviously anti-BRF

They talk and write about them a lot. They often write quite sympathic articles.

Hadley Freeman has a podcast about the royals on the website at the moment.

Just the opposite; they read comments in the comments section of articles and also on social media. They care a great deal what people think of them.

Yeah they have a real mental health concern about it. They need to block it out.

This . I did it whenever I had to write an essay on a topic I hated and couldn't be arsed to aply myself .
Most often fabricated in long cylindrical shape or sold in little glasses ,availabe in multiple colours and sometimes scented , these products of hard working bees are sold in most shops and stores around the nation . You know, instead of "candles can be bought in supermarkets".

??? So true. The best writing is clear and concise; students or anyone else who writes like the above aren’t fooling anyone, lol

From Vanity Fair, which is hardly anti -Sussex:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/08/prince-harry-danger-of-social-media-op-ed

.... [edit-JessRulz]

During Meghan’s time in the royal family, she and Harry relied more on social media to get their message out than ever before, even reportedly bypassing the royal press office when they announced that Meghan was in labor with their son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. When they started their own Instagram in April 2019, it became one of the fastest accounts to ever get 1 million followers. But in the months since their royal exit became official on March 31, Meghan and Harry have not posted to their own social media accounts, choosing to spread their messages on the accounts of their nonprofit partners. [/I]

So - the first paragraph [edit-JessRulz] is 100% unnecessary, we know the internet can, unchecked, be a dangerous place. Why compare it to lead poisoning?! That confuses me as its so unnecessary and has no point really. We get it just say - "while now we don't always appreciate the full effects of social media use on mental health, in time we will see the consequences"

The second [edit-JessRulz] part - ermmmmmmm is Harry trying to stand up for traditional media, really?!?! Well thats new.

The bold quoted part - even VF which is usually either neutral or Pro H&M can't resist pointing out the irony in a subtle way. How can a couple who once used social media to the greatest effect now decry its use, without at least a caveat that "some use is of course informative and okay". Didn't they try use social media and the internet to effectively bully HM into agreeing to their deal? interesting they now speak about its dangers. This perhaps is where they fall down a lot, they don't even address their contradictory messages vs actions other than saying words to the effects of "we are special so its okay for us" (private jet use). This is what devalues their message, along with their adoption of so many important issues rather just one.

About that excerpt from Harry’s article...I think I’m going to be :sick::sick:
You’re right that the comparison is unnecessary; it feels like he wants to make an impression as someone who cares about the past and can eloquently speak about the relevance to today. IMO he comes off - in the parts I’ve read- as a fraud, completely inauthentic.

H and M are pissed off because they don’t like what people have to say about them; they can’t handle criticism at all. Frankly, they’re paranoid as well. So, they are trying to control the medium. It’s a fool’s errand - that’s impossible; You can’t control what people think. They just come off as self-righteous and arrogant.

That could actually be quite interesting to hear him honestly talking about his attitude changes and less like Harry is self righteously and also hypocritically moralising to other people, which is part of what's getting people's backs up about it. He's talked about institutionalised racism in the UK and pointed a lot of fingers at his relatives one way or another but not about the three fingers pointing back at himself that we all saw when he was younger as far as I know. That could also go for talking about his own use of private jets and how he and Meghan have used social media to try and spread their message and whip up a following whilst ignoring "traditional print media". Also they seem to be jumping on just about every cause at the moment.

Unfortunately for their sake, it seems that what they said about not reading anything in their engagement interview was a complete fib. It appears from several sources they read everything, including comments and Harry especially got incredibly upset by it. As anyone would, but there's a reason it's Celebrity/Royal 101 training and essential for anyone's mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom