General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Los-Angeles-says-friend-Dr-Jane-Goodall.html
Prince Harry is 'finding life a bit challenging' in Los Angeles, says his friend Dr Jane Goodall

Granted, I think anything we hear from “friends of the couple” or “Palace sources” should always be taken with a grain of salt, but I’ve always thought that Harry was going to have a much more difficult time with the transition from royal to civilian life than Meghan, because it’s totally new for him, whereas she just left it a couple of years ago. I hope that he is able to find a support system to help him through this after leaving everything from his old life (family, friends, way of life) behind.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April 2020-

Granted, I think anything we hear from “friends of the couple” or “Palace sources” should always be taken with a grain of salt,

I agree, however this information comes direct from the source, Dr Jane Goodall spoke to magazine the Radio Times specifically about Henry and his adjustment.

Jane is a wee bit silly and just answers the questions she's asked without a filter.

Life is not easy for anyone anymore and change is never easy. But there are people with huge issues at the moment so perspective. Harry is loved and the resources to make life choices.

Last edited:
I must say, and I'm normally a fan of Harry but it does bother me when celebrities and people with a lot of money in a comfortable financial situation, with a large home with lots of outdoor space etc, complain about being in isolation. :rolleyes:

I must say, and I'm normally a fan of Harry but it does bother me when celebrities and people with a lot of money in a comfortable financial situation, with a large home with lots of outdoor space etc, complain about being in isolation. :rolleyes:

In fairness I don't think this was about isolation but a general comments on how he is finding life.

Harry's the headline of the Daily Star tomorrow. Admittedly it's not the world's classiest newspaper - he's sharing the front page with an article about one of the Britain's Got Talent judge saying she's got 200 toilet rolls in her house, which is clearly far more important than the number of deaths caused by Covid-19 or the fear of the biggest economic recession since the Great Frost of 1709, which are on all the other front pages - but the article is to the effect that he shouldn't be moaning at a time like this.

To be fair to Harry, it's not his fault if his friends tell magazines that he's struggling, but it's not really making him look very good.

In fairness I don't think this was about isolation but a general comments on how he is finding life.

But the article mentions about Harry and Charles with COVID-19. Which, whilst scary to have a loved one with the illness, he had the best of care and both lead very comfortable life, so there's no added financial strain.

But the article mentions about Harry and Charles with COVID-19. Which, whilst scary to have a loved one with the illness, he had the best of care and both lead very comfortable life, so there's no added financial strain.

That's not the interview.

I agree their friends are no friends if they're racing to the media. I doubt Harry and Meghan were that close of pals to Jane for example. If Harry and Meghan have something to say they need to release a statement themselves. Otherwise their friends need to stop talking.

I was thinking since Charles got sick Harry and Meghan's new foundation might do something related to corona virus - give away masks and sanitizers or help veterans affected with the disease.

I agree their friends are no friends if they're racing to the media. I doubt Harry and Meghan were that close of pals to Jane for example. If Harry and Meghan have something to say they need to release a statement themselves. Otherwise their friends need to stop talking.

I was thinking since Charles got sick Harry and Meghan's new foundation might do something related to corona virus - give away masks and sanitizers or help veterans affected with the disease.

like What? I doubt if their foundation is up and running.

Harry's the headline of the Daily Star tomorrow. Admittedly it's not the world's classiest newspaper - he's sharing the front page with an article about one of the Britain's Got Talent judge saying she's got 200 toilet rolls in her house, which is clearly far more important than the number of deaths caused by Covid-19 or the fear of the biggest economic recession since the Great Frost of 1709, which are on all the other front pages - but the article is to the effect that he shouldn't be moaning at a time like this.

To be fair to Harry, it's not his fault if his friends tell magazines that he's struggling, but it's not really making him look very good.

It makes him look terrible......I want to believe that he had no idea, but on the other hand, I find it hard to believe that his friends would open their mouths without his consent. Of course it seems Jane is more of an acquaintance than a friend, which means she probably spoke on her own, which means honestly she's annoying as all get out. This is the second time she's spoken about Harry ......enough already. Every time she does this, it becomes harder to take her seriously. If she did speak out on her own, it's not on Harry at all. He might need to put an embargo on anyone speaking out unless they explicitly have the go ahead from him.

I agree their friends are no friends if they're racing to the media. I doubt Harry and Meghan were that close of pals to Jane for example.

On the contrary, Henry was very close to Jane. He interviewed her for Vogue remember and they’ve known each other for years before Meghan.

On the contrary, Henry was very close to Jane. He interviewed her for Vogue remember and they’ve known each other for years before Meghan.

then surely she'd know better than to chatter on about him

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...y-coronavirus-feeding-britain-wedding-pledge/

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Pledge £90,000 to a Hunger Charity During the Coronavirus Crisis.

The couple pledged just over £90,000 to the charity Feeding Britain for its programs across the UK, which provide families in need with hot meals and food packages. The funds have been called a "godsend" by the organization's national director, Andrew Forsey, and come from excess profits from the BBC's royal wedding broadcast.”

That's a terrific gesture by the Sussexes, for a very worthy cause. They have been criticised for so much in the past few years I hope this donation gets the recognition it deserves. Hot meals are so appreciated by families who can't afford them.

That's a terrific gesture by the Sussexes, for a very worthy cause. They have been criticised for so much in the past few years I hope this donation gets the recognition it deserves. Hot meals are so appreciated by families who can't afford them.

I don't think anyone is getting much recognition for giving money st the moment.

It is a kind gesture and the food will be much appreciated.

So, if I understand it correctly, the couple was asked to which charity they wanted the money that the BBC made of their wedding to go to and picked one that the archbishop is related to (and they themselves visited in January last year) and that currently is trying to help poor(er) families hit hard by the pandemic?! A fitting cause as they were informed of the amount of BBC's gift at the start of the pandemic.

Less important but I cannot help but notice that it took the BBC a long time (almost 2 years) to find out what the amount of 'excess profits' was.

Last edited:
Funny how that gets very little media attention and its a very worthy cause.

Well there is Major Tom and the Duke of Westminster gave 12 million. Its actions that seem to count now. Not giving money.

And there is sick people in hospital and dying. Trump seemingly imploding and seemingly never ending speculation on a lockdown extension. Plus an increasing worshiping of everyday heroes. It is a bit Harry Who really.

Last edited:
So, if I understand it correctly, the couple was asked to which charity they wanted the money that the BBC made of their wedding to go to and picked one that the archbishop is related to and that currently is trying to help poor(er) families hit hard by the pandemic?! A fitting cause as they were informed of the amount of BBC's gift at the start of the pandemic; and apparently visited the charity last year in January.

Less important but it took the BBC a long time (almost 2 years) to find out what the amount of 'excess profits' was.

The BBC doesn't really make profit. It's all reinvested. It's basically a charity donation by them.

It was nice to see Harry communicating with parents from his WellChild charity about how they are going during this Coronavirus crisis. These families with very sick children have such a difficult time anyway and are truly inspirational, really.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...y-coronavirus-feeding-britain-wedding-pledge/

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Pledge £90,000 to a Hunger Charity During the Coronavirus Crisis.

The couple pledged just over £90,000 to the charity Feeding Britain for its programs across the UK, which provide families in need with hot meals and food packages. The funds have been called a "godsend" by the organization's national director, Andrew Forsey, and come from excess profits from the BBC's royal wedding broadcast.”

From the article, it was agreed in 2018 that any profits the BBC made from licensing the coverage of the wedding would be donated, and Harry and Meghan were to choose the charity that would benefit. It's not their money that is being donated, which is what the headline seems to imply. The profits were never going to be theirs.

From the article, it was agreed in 2018 that any profits the BBC made from licensing the coverage of the wedding would be donated, and Harry and Meghan were to choose the charity that would benefit. It's not their money that is being donated, which is what the headline seems to imply. The profits were never going to be theirs.

Thank you for clarifying this. The narrative around the donation by the BBC has been less than clear.

Well if they can't twist it into a negative they don't really care...

Well there is nothing to report. Meghan and Harry didn't actually give any money. The BBC did, so actually as a publically funded corporation the people did.

Also Harry' s video call isn't that just well royal. Kind but but I see no difference. It's so tricky but is he to continue to basically be royal without being royal. Such a bizarre situation.

Last edited:
Yes the couple heard the charity, which provides meals for desparately ill people, were struggling for drivers and volunteers in this crisis, and according to the charity director phoned up wanting to help. Good on them!

So, if I understand it correctly, the couple was asked to which charity they wanted the money that the BBC made of their wedding to go to and picked one that the archbishop is related to (and they themselves visited in January last year) and that currently is trying to help poor(er) families hit hard by the pandemic?! A fitting cause as they were informed of the amount of BBC's gift at the start of the pandemic.

Less important but I cannot help but notice that it took the BBC a long time (almost 2 years) to find out what the amount of 'excess profits' was.

Yes, I agree. Why did the BBC take so long to distribute the profits? Good that its gone to a useful cause but it seems like it sat around for a logn time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom