General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the name is interesting....I have a headache reading that list of things they want to do. Their hearts are in the right place, I think....

It seems that a lot of thought was put into both the name of their vehicle which through they hope to do good and their choice for their son's name.

Arche is a Greek word with primary senses 'beginning', 'origin' or 'first cause'. ... In ancient Greek Philosophy, Aristotle foregrounded the meaning of arche as the element or principle of a thing, which although undemonstrable and intangible in itself, provides the conditions of the possibility of that thing.

I wish them all the success in the world with this new venture. ?

Well, the name is interesting....I have a headache reading that list of things they want to do. Their hearts are in the right place, I think....

It would seem Telegraph took some liberties...

https://www.today.com/popculture/pr...kle-unveil-non-profit-after-step-back-t177764

They flat out state they exaggerated some of what they printed is incorrect. I guess now that they can bring attention to false information, they will.

As for The name? It appears they wanted to use this long before Archie was thought of as the name of a joint project. It’s close to their heart. And when they had their first child they decided to play off it for his name.

That isn't authenticated so seriously doubt it is them.

I am as ever astounded by their timing and reflective of the actions if other members family. Just because a newspaper have gotten a story does ot mean you have to speak.

I'll bite. What's wrong with the timing?

It would seem Telegraph took some liberties...

https://www.today.com/popculture/pr...kle-unveil-non-profit-after-step-back-t177764

They flat out state they exaggerated some of what they printed is incorrect. I guess now that they can bring attention to false information, they will.

As for The name? It appears they wanted to use this long before Archie was thought of as the name of a joint project. It’s close to their heart. And when they had their first child they decided to play off it for his name.

I’m a fan of referencing Ancient Greek (or Latin) roots, so I approve the name

ermmm... did they see that the instagram handle 'archewell' is already taken?

https://www.instagram.com/archewell/

i'm honestly started by their consistent lack of planning and foresight.

How does the fact that a handle with "Archewell" already exist have to do with poor planning and insight?

It doesn't. They can use whatever handle is available or not already in use with hundreds of millions of IG users worldwide. Just like how the Cambridges IG handle mentions nothing about Cambridge or the fact that the handle "Windsor" has nothing to do with the RF.

Some people will always find things to criticize..smh.

Well at least we can finally lay to rest hos Archie's name was chosen.

I think with their PM in intensive care with Coronavirus, Britain has more pressing issues right now.
But why am I not surprised?

I think there has been a continuing theme of misjudgements on the part of H&M and their evolving team for the last year or so. One would have thought that now was not the time to make any comment at all with regard to their future plans.

I think there has been a continuing theme of misjudgements on the part of H&M and their evolving team for the last year or so. One would have thought that now was not the time to make any comment at all with regard to their future plans.

QUOTE=Duke of Marmalade;2306309]I think with their PM in intensive care with Coronavirus, Britain has more pressing issues right now.
But why am I not surprised?[/QUOTE]

I figured this would be it. In other places they are criticised for not doing anything (especially now) here they are criticised for doing something (especially now). It seems to me it doesn’t really matter what they do, some will attack them no matter what.

And as far as I know there was no announcement. They were asked a question and they released a statement in answer. A spokesperson later clarified a few things the Guardian published they felt were exaggerated.

I think with their PM in intensive care with Coronavirus, Britain has more pressing issues right now.
They are in the US, they might not even know the PM is in IC.
And besides, if you want to wait for a moment where nothing bad is going on, you can never do anything. Something bad is always happening somewhere in the world.

QUOTE=Duke of Marmalade;2306309]I think with their PM in intensive care with Coronavirus, Britain has more pressing issues right now.

I figured this would be it. In other places they are criticised for not doing anything (especially now) here they are criticised for doing something (especially now). It seems to me it doesn’t really matter what they do, some will attack them no matter what.
[/QUOTE]

I do not see any reason whatsoever for them to say anything at this juncture. They neither represent a government, a royal house, an established charity or a body of scientific or other knowledge and expertise that people could benefit from.

I do not see any reason whatsoever for them to say anything at this juncture. They neither represent a government, a royal house, an established charity or a body of scientific or other knowledge and expertise that people could benefit from.

They represent themselves and whatever foundation they start, that should be enough to answer a question asked by a paper and to correct wrong information published by said paper. Just imagine the world where only people representing a government, a royal house, an established charity or a body of scientific or other knowledge and expertise that people could benefit from were allowed to answer questions from the media. The Daily Mail would go out of business.

And besides, if you want to wait for a moment where nothing bad is going on, you can never do anything. Something bad is always happening somewhere in the world.

Of course they do. It is in the news worldwide and I would assume they keep up with BBC news as well.

All the news channels here in the US have been reporting extensively on Prime Minister Johnson's admittance to the ICU. Unless one hasn't turned on a TV, a radio or a device, its pretty much a given that people in the US are informed.

As I see it, with the Sussexes now being private citizens and establishing their own foundation, there really isn't any set protocol they need to abide by. Like many people, they're staying home but also keeping busy during this time and I imagine setting up Archewell Global Foundation has a lot involved in getting it up and running.

What better time actually to get this thing going? People are home and following this global foundation's inauguration just may bring a welcome relief from the onslaught of dire and horrendous figures emerging as this virus claims more and more people. ?

They represent themselves and whatever foundation they start, that should be enough to answer a question asked by a paper and to correct wrong information published by said paper. Just imagine the world where only people representing a government, a royal house, an established charity or a body of scientific or other knowledge and expertise that people could benefit from were allowed to answer questions from the media. The Daily Mail would go out of business.

These are judgement calls, and each of us might view the situation differently from others.

When I stated my view about this perhaps not being the best time, I had not appreciated that there was a considerable amount of conversation on Twitter on this topic. I attach a link to some comments by respected journalist, Andrew Neil.

The US has a fairly liberal media that covers national and international news so yes as a whole the US does know that the PM is in the ICU.

UMM… H&M did not make any comments about their future plans…they specifically said that they wanted people to focus on he Covid-19 issue and that they would be working quietly behind the scenes for the next few weeks months. It was the UK media (as usual) that went looking for the information and decided for some unknown reason that they needed to write a story about it…instead of focusing on the virus that has their own PM in the critical condition. Their spokesperson only spoke up AFTER the story ran and there were mistruths in it.

One would think that….or at minimum focus on the WORKING royals who are reportedly supporting the community during this difficult time. Why write about something that isn’t going to happen for at least a couple of months.

I'm going to state one more thing then bow out of this conversation. As I see it, looking at what the Sussexes are doing or not doing, I ask myself a few question and those are "Are they doing anyone any harm?", "Is what they're doing going to cause problems for anyone?" and "Does it really matter what we think? Do I have to give this issue rent free space in my head?"

I can't answer any of those questions with a "Yes" so I'm going to just watch and wait and see how things go and wish them the best with it. ?

These are judgement calls, and each of us might view the situation differently from others.

When I stated my view about this perhaps not being the best time, I had not appreciated that there was a considerable amount of conversation on Twitter on this topic. I attach a link to some comments by respected journalist, Andrew Neil.

They didn’t announce anything. The Telegraph’s reporter went snooping and wrote a story. It would have been published with or without their comment. Not surprising though that people are trying to blame them. It’s very predictable and likely was the entire goal of the article. They confirmed. People are upset. Had they not commented and the papers kept focusing (as they always do) people would criticize them for that too.

They didn’t announce anything. The Telegraph’s reporter went snooping and wrote a story. It would have been published with or without their comment. Not surprising though that people are trying to blame them. It’s very predictable and likely was the entire goal of the article. They confirmed. People are upset. Had they not commented and the papers kept focusing (as they always do) people would criticize them for that too.

Often silence can be a powerful tool.

Often silence can be a powerful tool.

They been plenty silent. Didn’t stop people from foaming at the mouth over them. Why would this be any different? This just seems like people are reaching for something to be upset about. It’s actually a bit silly. They were directly asked and quickly confirmed since the papers were public. We all know if they hadn’t the press would have fixated on that as well. History proves it. This really is a non issue.

Of course they do. It is in the news worldwide and I would assume they keep up with BBC news as well.

Yes really? How could they not know that the PM is ill, unless they have totally lost interest in the news from Harry's native land.

The US has a fairly liberal media that covers national and international news so yes as a whole the US does know that the PM is in the ICU.

U

One would think that….or at minimum focus on the WORKING royals who are reportedly supporting the community during this difficult time. Why write about something that isn’t going to happen for at least a couple of months.
There is a focus on the working royals and they ARE doing their best to support the community at the moment. Its not possible for them to do active things.. but they have been as bsuy as they can be, in present circumstnaces.

Hmmm - I thought it wasn't going to be a foundation. Then again what is a foundation when it isn't a foundation?
Archewell - is a terrible name for anything. IMO. Greek roots or not. To each their own.

Hmmm - I thought it wasn't going to be a foundation. Then again what is a foundation when it isn't a foundation?
Archewell - is a terrible name for anything. IMO. Greek roots or not. To each their own.

Yeah what does it even mean?

I'm glad you asked that question because I don't get it either. Maybe it's me being thick.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom