General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[...] I did notice the Tyler Perry article and think it's been reported enough to be true. How are they connected to Tyler Perry? They're supposedly living there rent free.
From what is reported - I'm still not sure if we can believe it 100% - through Oprah. She's a friend/mentor to Perry and we know she's a friend (?) or at least somehow close to the Sussexes (enough to be at their wedding).

A. They never said they were ordinary ppl nor did they say they hated the royal lifestyle outside the issue with the media.

B. The stories about their housing are being put out by the tabloid media and this is about the 40th house they are supposedly renting or buying.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be wary of taking things from people, like someone said everyone wants something back. Even if it's to show up at dinner parties. They do have money themselves and they could rent a place themselves before getting settled. They are basically freeloading at the moment, doing a bit of volunteering (which is great).

We don't even know without a dounbt that they live in this house. much less if they don't pay rent. Though the mentioned Oprah-connection sounds plausible, if they work wit´h her at the moment.

Why even go to LA now? You can't see anyone and they actually have a home they could have isolated in. It isn't like anyone would have wanted them to do anything. And sorted themselves out in LA afterwards.
Oprah? Work? Doria, the mum and grandmum of Archie?

A. They never said they were ordinary ppl nor did they say they hated the royal lifestyle outside the issue with the media.

B. The stories about their housing are being put out by the tabloid media and this is about the 40th house they are supposedly renting or buying.

You are right, we have no proof. And "pics or it didn't happen". I can't imagine Meghan staying indoors all day with that big pool and I thought here are all kind of paps flying over houses if what they could get is worth it. So why are there only pics from Real Estate Websites?

General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April 2020-

Oprah? Work? Doria, the mum and grandmum of Archie?

As far as I’m aware, Californians please correct me, but stay at home orders mean exactly that. Unless Doria was in their home, when the lockdown order went into effect, she can’t see Meghan, Henry or Archie until it’s lifted.

There’s no work per se, there could be board meetings and zoom contacts with the outside world but we don’t even know what “work” they want to do. As for Oprah, I don’t understand why she would be a deciding factor in bringing them to LA.

As far as I’m aware, Californians please correct me, but stay at home orders mean exactly that. Unless Doria was in their home, when the lockdown order went into effect, she can’t see Meghan, Henry or Archie until it’s lifted.

Yes you are correct. Doria would not be able to see them during this time. I don't know the exact date of their arrival into California, but hopefully they were able to see her just before the statewide stay at home order went into effect.

Now getting back to the Sussex family ?. I expect that like so many in sunny Southern California, that they'll be in contact with Doria tomorrow via video conference for American Mother's Day.:flowers: Fortunately for California's florists they've have been allowed to reopen this week for curbside pick up and delivery to prepare for one of their busiest weekends of the year.

According to the article below Meghan (and Archie) were able to spend Mother's Day with Doria this year.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...markle-spends-mothers-day-with-doria-ragland/

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised by this news. (Glad that they saw her though with social distancing in place.) The reason being unless Doria was living with them, these types of visits were not supposed to be occurring in Los Angeles Co. over Mother's Day or now.

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised by this news. (Glad that they saw her though with social distancing in place.) The reason being unless Doria was living with them, these types of visits were not supposed to be occurring in Los Angeles Co. over Mother's Day or now.

There are pictures online of Doria being greeted at her home by what looks like Harry and Meghan's security. They gave her flowers. And that is all you see.

There is paparazzi constantly watching Doria. Usually just have her walking her dogs or going to work. I guess they hoping to see Meghan visiting.

Katherine McPhee has spoken about her husband David Fosters relationship with Prince Henry.

This is a DM link, but it’s quoting Access who did the interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rince-Harry-David-Foster-like-father-son.html

This is the video link access provide, but I don’t think it’s available in the U.K.

https://www.accessonline.com/videos...-like-father-son-its-a-beautiful-relationship

Well i’m back, looks like it’s been a very busy for these two.

Not much to say about the TP thing, and it’s too late I guess to provide my POV on the Archie video- except he is adorable.
And of course the book my Omid (but I understand it has its own thread)

As for this Katherine thing: Why do these people continue to talk about the Sussexes with the press?- just say you are friends and are respecting their privacy and that’s it.
I don’t get it, I really don’t.

I went wtf?! And then mind face palmed myself over that “father figure” comment..

Last edited:
Well i’m back, looks like it’s been a very busy for these two.

Not much to say about the TP thing, and it’s too late I guess to provide my POV on the Archie video- except he is adorable.
And of course the book my Omid (but I understand it has its own thread)

As for this Katherine thing: Why do these people continue to talk about the Sussexes with the press?- just say you are friends and are respecting their privacy and that’s it.
I don’t get it, I really don’t.

I went wtf?! And then mind face palmed myself over that “father figure” comment..

I must admit I also find it strange that such good named friends are speaking to the press, IMO the 'father figure ' comment is a bit tackless.

The Telegraph is reporting the same and is pretty much the UK mouth piece for the couple atm.

I find it very tactless and if the couple approved of it things must be bad. Given out sensitive they are to apparent snubs to themselves I hope they get back peddling on this soon!

Hmm. If that’s true and they want someone else as a father figure Then perhaps Charles should stop spending His money on them. Just sayin.

The Telegraph is reporting the same and is pretty much the UK mouth piece for the couple atm.

I find it very tactless and if the couple approved of it things must be bad. Given out sensitive they are to apparent snubs to themselves I hope they get back peddling on this soon!

I just read it - :eek: Harry already has a father, he doesn’t need another one. Ugh.

This is a celebrity singing the praises of her partner and his closeness to Harry. It's not exactly unknown for celebs to talk up their closeness to various royal family members.

A lot of people call their father-in-law "Dad". Until the last couple of generations, it was considered very rude to address an older person by their first name, so "Dad" was a convenient alternative to "Mr Middleton", which was way too formal, and some younger people do the same just as a throwback to then. I can't imagine Charles was that bothered by it. But suggesting that Harry is looking for a father figure would certainly be quite hurtful.

OK. I read the article. Concerning the "father figure" debate, I don't see where there is any snub to Charles (intended or unintended) when it comes to the "father figure" statement. As Alison has said, a lot of people call older people in their lives "dad" or "uncle" or "granny" out of respect and love for a relationship that is a close, personal one.

For an example here, Charles had a few older males as close and personal mentors "Uncle Dickie" Mountbatten and he very much admired Laurens van der Post but they never "replaced" Philip as his father.

Moving and stepping into a brand new world is so much easier if and when you have someone take you under their wing, show you the ropes and ease the transition. Its not replacing any family member but adding another relationship that has depth to it. It could be anybody from a priest to a next door neighbor to a best friend.

Whatever helps this couple adapt and adjust to their new surroundings, to me, is a plus. How true any of this is though is anyone's guess. We don't really know this couple and what they think or feel. So, my opinion is that there is no snub to Charles intended. Anywhere.

Whose Katherine McPhee? I am tempted to just be who cares. I wish them well. But stay away.

Whose Katherine McPhee? I am tempted to just be who cares.

This may well be a case of Katherine trying ot get her name in the press.

Whose Katherine McPhee? I am tempted to just be who cares. I wish them well. But stay away.

She’s an actress and singer, a runner up on American Idol.

She also went to the same school as Meghan at some point, I’m unsure of which one though. She’s been very open on social media about her “relationship” with Meghan.

A lot of people call their father-in-law "Dad". Until the last couple of generations, it was considered very rude to address an older person by their first name, so "Dad" was a convenient alternative to "Mr Middleton", which was way too formal, and some younger people do the same just as a throwback to then. I can't imagine Charles was that bothered by it. But suggesting that Harry is looking for a father figure would certainly be quite hurtful.

I agree, calling your in law mum or dad, is a balance between over familiar and too cold. This is not the case here, but also everybody is now talking about Kathleen McPhee who not everybody had heard about before. It has also wakened up the the thread as it had fell asleep.

It worries me that Meghan and Harry seems to be accepting gifts from rich friends so much at the moment.
And yes - I am aware that many royals do that but I think now, after everything that really needs to stop. It really places them in a bad position when they start asking for favors back that you can give or shouldn't be doing. And of course, they cannot do background checks and very through background checks on every single person they meet. They really should stop accepting money, offers of free houses etc. as soon as possible.

The whole thing is very tacky, but oh so very Hollywood, isn't it? The whole "father figure", how good he is, how he loves to help people... I really hope it's just Katherine trying to get some good press after her marriage, because I remember things being nasty when she got official with her now-husband, and not any kind of suggestion that Harry's relationship with Charles is that bad.

Charles never called Mountbatten "dad" he called him uncle.. and yes i think there is a snub. especially since they expect to still get 95% of money from the bank of dad! Maybe his new dad david foster can fund him.

A "father figure" is not a "father replacement". Would you then say then that because I have four grandchildren yet someone totally not related to me at all calls me "Granny" that its a snub to my blood grandchildren? I certainly don't think so.

The point was that Charles looked up to "Uncle Dickie" as a *father figure* in his life. He very well could have looked up to his grandmother, the Queen Mum, as a "mother figure". People can have as many "figures" in their lives that they want to have.

We don't know the intricate levels of relationships that Harry and Meghan do hold with the people they know. We also have to remember that the "royal" rules have changed for this couple. They're free and clear to establish any kind of relationship they want to have with anybody they choose to. What we're commenting on is what we perceive we're seeing and still applying "royal" dos and don'ts to them. We most certainly don't have the full picture.

There was definitely controversy when she got married to someone as his 5th wife who is nearly old enough to be her grandfather. Since American Idol she has had some success in US TV she's a small step up in where Meghan was pre Harry.

It's not really a case of Harry calling his FIL "Dad" or an "Uncle Dickie" situation here, she's basically saying she and her husband are really close with Harry and Meghan, possibly overselling it. I have no idea if she's been allowed to talk to the press but it's possible she's just bragging on her own. It probably won't do the perception that Harry and Meghan just want to be "Hollywood Royalty" instead any favours though.

And a little similar to the "the family she never had" remarks.

A "father figure" is not a "father replacement". Would you then say then that because I have four grandchildren yet someone totally not related to me at all calls me "Granny" that its a snub to my blood grandchildren? I certainly don't think so.

The point was that Charles looked up to "Uncle Dickie" as a *father figure* in his life. He very well could have looked up to his grandmother, the Queen Mum, as a "mother figure". People can have as many "figures" in their lives that they want to have.

We don't know the intricate levels of relationships that Harry and Meghan do hold with the people they know. We also have to remember that the "royal" rules have changed for this couple. They're free and clear to establish any kind of relationship they want to have with anybody they choose to. What we're commenting on is what we perceive we're seeing and still applying "royal" dos and don'ts to them. We most certainly don't have the full picture.

Charles did see the Queen Mum as a mother figure. That is well known. She raised him. As did Margaret's children. It is well known that when the Queen Mum died the Queen called David and Sarah to be with her at the bedside. That isn't the issue. And as an aside you can't blame the Queen Mum or Mountbatten for anything to do with Charles and his love life. They could advise and counsel but it was ultimately his life.

Who cares. Harry is way too hold to be looking for any kind of father. But then maybe emotionally he isn't.

Last edited:
He is grown man near 40 with a wife and child. At that age you Need have peers and Bro’s to have guy time with. Having a “father figure” esp one with his and Rep like Fosters Is Bizarre.

BTW, all the people who blab to the Media And hang with them are her old friends and acquaintances but Where are the folks and good friends And family Harry Grew up with? You know If they ever visit it would be reported but nothing and That’s really not good. Hopefully they FaceTime at least.

BTW, all the people who blab to the Media And hang with them are her old friends and acquaintances but Where are the folks and good friends And family Harry Grew up with? You know If they ever visit it would be reported but nothing and That’s really not good. Hopefully they FaceTime at least.

I do not want to speculate beyond a point, but it could really be down to two potential reasons:

1) Harry's friends know that the RF does not appreciate their friends talking to the media at all, and therefore, keep their contact with Harry entirely private; OR

2) Harry does not have much contact at all with a lot of his close friends from school and the growing up years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom