General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video was a real delight.

The article linked below explains what that book was actually about.

(Many photos and you will be able to replay the video, but please again be aware that this is a link to the Daily Mail if you wish to avoid that outlet.)

This is one of the most not private interactions between a mother and child I've seen from members of the Royal Family, especially since anyone these days can download and save it forever.

Having said that though, the Duchess really looks to be in her element. And the Duke is reported as the one filming it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...n-Markle-reads-book-Archie-Save-Children.html

Last edited by a moderator:
It's late and I'm gonna be sappy, sorry! With so much negativity surrounding the Sussexes for years now, I forgot a bit about it, but Harry wanted to be a dad for sooo long. And now here he is, little Archie, happy, smiling, curious little boy, trying to eat books and throwing things and saying "dada" and he's one year old! Oh my lord, I can't stop smiling while watching this video.

I found the video again on YouTube - I don't know why it won't load on the links maybe too many people are trying to watch it. Anyway people were debating whether or not that was Harry in the background with several saying it didn't sound like his voice. So I wanted to hear it again. I guess she never says it's Harry so it could be someone else filming it.

The message that went with the video on Instagram stated that it was Harry behind the camera.

"Duck! Rabbit!" with Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex (and Harry, The Duke of Sussex behind the camera), read to their son Archie for his 1st birthday. Happy Birthday, Archie!

He's a big boy....a blend of Harry and Meghan right now. Going to be handsome when he's grown. The video is very cute!

LaRae

[...]
I love they shared a video for his birthday. And a nice tie in to a charity back home as well. Not sure why anyone is shocked they tied in to a charity. They have used their Instagram from the start to shine a light on charities and their work. And have continued to do so since their move to North America. They have been explicit that they plan to continue to do charity work and support their patronages back home as well.

Archie is such a big happy child. Love his teeth. He definitely has a personality. Had to smile when he decided he was done with that book and he wanted a new one. :D

As nice as the overly posed birthday photos seem, I love the video. It shows the real little personality of Archie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen it, too.
Does the lil'one squint like Lady Louise?
It is not about H&M, but I do not agree to use a child for economic reasons. Hope they will not repeat it.

Babies sometimes squint that way. Lady Louise had very obvious eye problems which were corrected by surgery. Archie does not have that. Sophie went into labor quite suddenly and it was a life threatening situation for mother and daughter. I believe the eye problem stemmed from the difficult birth. I don't see how H and M used the child for economic reasons. The money did go to a charity. I like the family very much and I enjoyed the video.

Seen it, too.
It is not about H&M, but I do not agree to use a child for economic reasons. Hope they will not repeat it.

I noticed that his right eye looked like it was turning inwards. It could have just been the way he was positioned, but if it is a squint (esotropia), that’s a somewhat common condition in children. It’s easily corrected- many cases it can be corrected by putting an eye patch over the stronger eye, but in some cases like Lady Louise’s it needs surgery (her eyes look great now!). A close friend’s son just had this surgery last year and it was a very minor procedure.

Babies sometime take time to focus. Lady Louise' situation was a whole lot more serious. I think it was from the difficult birth.

Seen it, too.

Perhaps we could avoid pointing out or discussing possible physical defects in other people’s babies and children.

Seen it, too.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that if he has a squint H&M are working with the correct medical practitioners for a solution as quickly and safely as possible

I don't want to sound mean about a baby, but why wasn't Archie wearing a cute outfit instead of just a shirt and diaper? He would be just as comfy in a simple sleeper.
I realize he was not out in public, but still...he was being filmed.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that if he has a squint H&M are working with the correct medical practitioners for a solution as quickly and safely as possible

:previous: Agreed. If little Archie should have this concern, then there are plenty of medical professionals in Southern California who could advise his parents. ?

I noticed that his right eye looked like it was turning inwards. It could have just been the way he was positioned, but if it is a squint (esotropia), that’s a somewhat common condition in children. It’s easily corrected- many cases it can be corrected by putting an eye patch over the stronger eye, but in some cases like Lady Louise’s it needs surgery (her eyes look great now!). A close friend’s son just had this surgery last year and it was a very minor procedure.

I noticed that in South Africa. Like you said it is hardly a big deal and easily corrected.

I don't want to sound mean about a baby, but why wasn't Archie wearing a cute outfit instead of just a shirt and diaper? He would be just as comfy in a simple sleeper.

My mother said the same thing. They didn't even have him dressed up. I am just like: it is hot. Whatever.

Good question. Maybe it's 'normal' in their LA circles to dress a baby in a simple onesie on their first birthday? Just like Meghan was wearing ultrashort shorts and a shirt with rolled-up long sleeves; which wasn't that festive either. Both are most likely practical.

I guess, I'm hard to please as I'm not a big fan of the Cambridge's upper-class practice of dressing young boys in shorts all year either.

I would have preferred a cute little outfit- nothing fancy, but something a bit more than just a diaper and onesie! Then again, I was raised by a mother whose motto was "a baby should never go out with uncovered legs and feet" (she always made sure I was wearing some sort of leggings or shorts and socks when I was a baby and we were out in public). However, this was filmed in the comfort of their own home and this was probably just what he was wearing at the time. It was a casual and relaxed video, and maybe they didn't want to bother dressing him up when he didn't need to be. Either way, it was still absolutely adorable and a joy to watch.

Good question. Maybe it's 'normal' in their LA circles to dress a baby in a simple onesie on their first birthday? Just like Meghan was wearing ultrashort shorts and a shirt with rolled-up long sleeves; which wasn't that festive either. Both are most likely practical.

I guess, I'm hard to please as I'm not a big fan of the Cambridge's upper-class practice of dressing young boys in shorts all year either.

I think largely that American relaxed style is far more relaxed than the average European would ever be seen on film in. Or even ever dressed in if you are French. Babies aren't dressed like that here unless it is super hot. But then I guess it is super hot there.

A lot of boys wear short pants. I've had loads that wear them.as part of their uniform all year round. Hardly upper class either. Its retro.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting to get the video so it was a delightful surprise! Archie looks so much like Harry as a baby, but he has some facial features from Meghan too IMO (i.e. his nose).

To me, it was a simple "at home" kind of video with wearing "at home" kind of clothes. The clothes were not a focus but rather it seemed to be like an ordinary day, doing ordinary things wearing ordinary stuff one does "at home".

The focus was on story time and mother and child spending time together reading a book. I would think that if polled, most mothers would click the box stating their kids were dressed for sleep time when its story time at home.

To me it was the typical family type video you will find all over the country. I thought it was cute, very glad we could see how Archie looks now.

The only time we did formal posed pics was at Christmas or a formal event (wedding etc). Past that pics were taken whenever and wherever and in whatever clothes! lol

LaRae

THis was an indoor informal film of Archie and Meghan. I don't see a problem with what the child wore.

Well it's always possible that they did have him in a nice but casual outfit and at the last minute there was an accident and they substituted with the white onesie because it was clean and handy.;)

Ive just had a vision of Harry rushing to pluck the onesie out of the dryer just before the video.

Actually, I think it would have looked kind of weird if the purpose of the video was not only Archie's 1st birthday but an appeal for Save the Children and little Archie was dressed like Little Lord Fauntleroy. :D

I had to laugh at the picture put in my head of Harry rushing to the dryer for something clean. Gave me flashbacks to doing that so many times when my kids were little ones.

Ive just had a vision of Harry rushing to pluck the onesie out of the dryer just before the video.
And pulling off socks, white t-shirts and other assorted baby white clothing before attempting to wrangle a wiggly one year old into a onesie. :lol:
Osipi-Knowing Meghan she likely had a back up outfit which may have also met with an unfortunate accident, so the white onesie was plan "C."

And pulling off socks, white t-shirts and other assorted baby white clothing before attempting to wrangle a wiggly one year old into a onesie. :lol:
Osipi-Knowing Meghan she likely had a back up outfit which may have also met with an unfortunate accident, so the white onesie was plan "C."

It wasn’t like it was a live video, they had time to make sure everything was just how they wanted to be...

Actually, I think it would have looked kind of weird if the purpose of the video was not only Archie's 1st birthday but an appeal for Save the Children and little Archie was dressed like Little Lord Fauntleroy. :D

Not Little Lord Fauntleroy, but why not a simple sleeper or just shorts and a little shirt?
I never had my own children in just a diaper even at home.
Even if it was a warm day, the room is probably AC.

It wasn’t like it was a live video, they had time to make sure everything was just how they wanted to be...
Yes I do realize that but Osipi, Curryong and I were just having a bit of fun creating this scenario.?

We were just having a joke about how babies are inclined to have accidents, at both ends!

Archie looked and sounded fine, as did his mother, casual and lovely. And it was great to hear Harry's chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom