General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, :flowers:

The Monaco Channel is the last hi-tech change we been looking for, and its rising with a fast popularity.

Is a testament to its commitment to quality in royal newsgathering, from responsible media journalism. The channel and the website belong to a initiative of the Gov. of Monaco who diserve a lot of applauses.

Apart from breaking news of the activite of the Monaco Gov., and royal lifestyle advice, they are so endeavour to showcase well-written features, and activitis on a wide range; who goes from the Automobile Club of Monaco, the Oceanographic Museum, the Yacht Club, the Tourism, and of course the Foundation of Prince Albert II.
(UPS ... sorry I forgot to tell the football club) :whistling::lol:

The permanent broadcasting of our favorite royal news channel all over the world for free covering with movies, photos, lifestyle and more ... for free ... and live, is a source of pride for Monaco citizen, or residents; which, unfortunately as a French women, and Parisian, I dont have the same transparency from the Élisée.

I think (and I might not be the only one) the MonacoChannel.MC should have one thread here in the forum itself. So here is a humble request to the administrators.

My sincere congratulations for the MC Channel. :clap:

Yes I agree the MC channel is a wonderful source of video footage/news etc. You can start a thread yourself but I'm not sure what you would include as the topics would most likely be in threads of their own if you get what I mean.

:previous:

That's correct, Elly C - an extra thread wouldn't make much sense, it's vastly better and enriching
when the individual event reporting gets illustrated with videos :flowers:

Sounds like an article of envy. I don't know about the private companies, but everything I have read says that the SBM hasn't laid off anyone; even though they have been operating at a loss the last two years. The English often write these whining articles, also. Instead of worrying about Monaco, they should be looking for ways to improve their own countries.

Sounds like an article of envy. I don't know about the private companies, but everything I have read says that the SBM hasn't laid off anyone; even though they have been operating at a loss the last two years. The English often write these whining articles, also. Instead of worrying about Monaco, they should be looking for ways to improve their own countries.

I doubt it. I have no info at all myself and I dont't know anything at all about the SBM.
But El Pais is a very serious newspaper. It's not as if this was a glossy magazine or a tabloid. They never publish an info that's not been sufficiently checked.

Edit: I've just re-read the piece and it doesn't say anything about the SBM having laid off anyone. Maybe there is something that google mistranslated?

It does say that the SBM pays minimun wages to its employees according to french law and also that the crisis has touched Monaco and there is some unemployment in the country now, but nothing about the SBM having laid off anyone.

Last edited:
No unemployment among the Monegasques. It is not really Monaco's job to keep the
French and Italians employed. It is to their credit that they have given thousands of French and Italians jobs. Especially for such a small country.

No unemployment among the Monegasques. It is not really Monaco's job to keep the
French and Italians employed. It is to their credit that they have given thousands of French and Italians jobs. Especially for such a small country.

I don't think that newspaper was attacking them about that.
The piece simply states that due to the crisis the luxury business are having problems in monaco as everywhere else and some of the people who used to work for these companies are currently unemployed.

Granting titles of nobility in Monaco

Hello everyone,

this is my first post and I hope that this is in the correct place.

My query is whether or not His Serene Highness Prince Albert does grant titles of nobility in Monaco? I have read about orders and decorations in the principality although I can't see anything on the internet about titles. Any advice in this area?

Best wishes

James Montreuil

Prince Rainier gave a title to Princess Antoinette, his sister, so that her children could be Baron and Baronesses (titles aren't automatically transferred on the female side). Caroline and Stephanie both refused titles for their children. If PA gave out titles, I think it would only be to his sisters' children.

Are there any Monegasque channels that can be watched in the Internet (I know there used to be "Monaco Info", but it hasn't been working for about half a year, though it still has a website)? I tried to find some streams for TMC, but none of them worked. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Vojthas, try this site www.monacochannel.mc . It has direct broadcast of Monaco TV Info as well as videos and general news. hope it helps...

C4A - it helped, but only partially - I have only the sound. What are the plugins needed to see a picture too?

I had also the sound and not the pictures but try this link

Monaco Info en direct/ TV online

This afternoon, I could watch the inauguration of the Conseil National in live on this tv line.

You didn't make it a link, in fact, but I put it into Google and found it. Thanks a lot.

Any ideas as to what Albert and Charlene have scheduled for October 19/20 since they are not on the official guest list for the Luxembourg wedding. Caroline will be attending.

They will attend to the Awards princess Grace gala which will take place on october 22 , at New York ,it will be the 30 birthday of the princess grace awards , I think they could not to be missing at this celebration.

Yes, but they could fly to NYC on the 21st for that, so I would think they must have other engagements on the 19/20th.

yeah, they could fly even the same day, but maybe they have other engagement in the US before the awards gala itself..

It may just be down to the case that Albert & Charlene's schedual won't allow them to attend. Sending The Princess of Hanover (Caroline) is the best thing to do, if they can't attend.

Albert and Charlene have known for six months that this wedding was going to happen and when....sorry but "their schedule won't allow" simply doesn't cut it.

Especially when they made certain to be present at NON direct heir William's wedding to Kate Middleton.

Unless it's something truly urgent, I don't think it's good form for the Prince and Princess of Monaco to miss this wedding.

I'm sure if they could attend they would.

They have a cocktail party they attend a day or so before the event I believe it is. They have also done interviews and lets not forget he might be visiting Jazmin.

Last edited:
Albert and Charlene have known for six months that this wedding was going to happen and when....sorry but "their schedule won't allow" simply doesn't cut it.

Especially when they made certain to be present at NON direct heir William's wedding to Kate Middleton.

Unless it's something truly urgent, I don't think it's good form for the Prince and Princess of Monaco to miss this wedding.

If it is that important, perhaps you should give them a call Phone: +377 93 25 18 31 and ask that they explain themselves to you.

Pasted & copied from my post over in the Luxembourg wedding thread;

I have to be honest I screamed with pure delight! when I saw Caroline's name on the list!!!! :clap: :dizzy: :heart: :flowers:

Serioulsy, IIRC she hasn't been to one of these since Danish Crown Prince Frederick married Mary Donaldson back in 2004 (8 years ago). I'll never forget that because that's when she wore the mysterious long-lost Brunswick Tiara (originally owned by Empress Josephine of France circa 1790's), shocking everyone, including moi! :w00t:

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/hannover-braunschweigisches-diadem.htm

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/caroline-hanover-tiara.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9phine_de_Beauharnais

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/T-O7FNe5xVf/Wedding+Danish+Crown+Prince+Frederik+Mary/0hRNTC8X43-/Princess+Caroline

That said, if Albert & Charlene really do not show up I will be disappointed because they make a lovely couple, and also I've been spoilt seeing them at Victoria & Daniel's wedding, as well as Kate & William's.

If I had my wish I'd love to see Albert & Charlene representing Monaco (with Stephanie invited also) and Caroline as Hanover's representative (with one of her Hanoverian stepsons accompanying her, or even one of her daughters, one can dream, lol). :flowers: In fact I recall in the past Caroline showed up at a few high profile weddings with her Hanoverian husband, and her little brother Albert was there by himself representing Monaco. :)

IMHO enough time has passed since her unofficial split with Ernst-August that it's okay for Caroline to join high society again. Being a staunch Catholic herself, I believe Caroline will be married to Ernst till the bitter end, for better or worse, for better or worse...

Although I'm a bit disappointed that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene won't be able to attend Prince Guillaume wedding, I'm delighted that Princess Caroline will represent Monaco and Hannover, it's not very often we can see her among other royals.

PC and PC won't attend the Luxembourg wedding, I am so disappointed as I've been looking forward for MONTHS to seeing PC in her tiara. They are the only royals from Europe not attending it is very strange.

Back
Top Bottom