On This Day: Monegasque Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this day, December 29, 1983 ~ Wedding of Princess Caroline and Stefano Casiraghi at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

January 23, 1999 wedding of Princess Caroline and Ernst August of Hannover.

The wedding took place on the bride's 42nd birthday. The groom was 45. It was a third marriage for Caroline and second for Ernst.

Caroline was at the time four months pregnant with the couple's only child. Their daughter Princess Alexandra of Hannover was born July 20, 1999. Ernst had two sons from his first wife Chantal, Christian who was 13 and Ernst August who was 15 at the time of the wedding. Caroline had three children from her second marriage (age at the time of marriage) Andrea 14, Charlotte 12 and Pierre 11.

The bride wore a simple grey suit for their civil wedding in Monaco.

https://juliapgelardi.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/caroline-ernst-wedding.jpg

The couple have been seperated since 2009 but remain married.

On this day, January 25, 1661 ~ Birth of Prince Antoine I of Monaco in Paris, France

Still about P. Caroline's birthday i found these nice links on Youyube...

On this day, February 20, 1731 ~ Demise of Prince Antoine I of Monaco in Monaco

Antonio I, Prince of Monaco was sovereign for over 30 years and fought during the Nine Years War under King Louis XIV of France.

He was succeeded by his daughter Princess Louise Hippolyte who's reign only lasted a little over 10 months.

On this day, March 18, 1813 ~ Demise of Maria Caterina Brignole, wife of Prince Honore III of Monaco

On this day, March 18, 1813 ~ Demise of Maria Caterina Brignole, wife of Prince Honore III of Monaco

Maria was Princess de Condé at the time of her death and died in exile at Wimbledon House in southwest London .The Princess who was separated from Prince Honore III and then widowed in 1795 had married Louis Joseph, Prince of Condé in 1798.The Princess was buried at St. Aloysius's Roman Catholic Church, Somers Town in London.The church was badly damaged during WWII.

On this day, March 30, 1660 ~ The Wedding of Prince Louis I of Monaco and Catherine-Charlotte de Gramont in Gramont, France

On this day, March 30, 1660 ~ The Wedding of Prince Louis I of Monaco and Catherine-Charlotte de Gramont in Gramont, France

The Princess's mother was a niece of Cardinal Richelieu .Her older brother Armand de Gramont, Comte de Guiche was reported to be the most handsome man in France and also a lover of Philippe Duke of Orléans.

On this day, April 19, 1956 ~ The Wedding of Prince Rainier III of Monaco and Miss Grace Kelly

On this day, April 19, 1956 ~ The Wedding of Prince Rainier III of Monaco and Miss Grace Kelly

The Civil Wedding too place at the Palace Throne room on the 18th of April 1956.

The Religious Wedding took place on April 19th at Monaco Cathedral.

On this day, May 14, 1778 ~ Birth of Prince Honore V of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, May 14, 1778 ~ Birth of Prince Honore V of Monaco in Paris, France

He was the eldest son of Honoré IV of Monaco and Louise d'Aumont but was in imprisoned and then in exile with the rest of the Princely Family during the French Revolution.
He was restored as Sovereign during the Bourbon Restoration in 1814 and ruled until his death in 1819.

On this day, May 31, 1923 ~ Birth of Prince Rainier III of Monaco in Monaco

On this day, June 4, 1678 ~ Demise of Catherine-Charlotte de Gramont, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Louis I of Monaco

On this day, June 4, 1678 ~ Demise of Catherine-Charlotte de Gramont, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Louis I of Monaco

Catherine Charlotte de Gramont was a niece of Cardinal de Richelieu and was very well connected at the French court.The Princess is buried at the Princely crypt of the Cathedral of Monaco.

384px-Catherine-Charlotte_de_Gramont.jpg

On this day, June 15, 1757 ~ The Wedding of Honore III, Prince of Monaco and Maria Caterina Brignole Sale

On this day, June 15, 1757 ~ The Wedding of Honore III, Prince of Monaco and Maria Caterina Brignole Sale

Marie-Christine de Brignole was later the lover of Louis Joseph, Prince of Condé a Bourbon Prince of the Blood and whom she later married in 1798 having both escaped the French Revolution.

383px-Marie-Catherine_de_Brignole-Sale%2C_Princess_of_Monaco.png

On this day, June 20, 1856 ~ Demise of Prince Florestan I of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, June 29, 1978 ~ The Religious Wedding of Princess Caroline of Monaco and Philippe Junot

Their civil marriage occurred on June 28, 1978.

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, July 12, 1870 ~ Birth of Louis II, Prince of Baden, in Baden-Baden, Duchy of Baden

On this day, July 12, 1870 ~ Birth of Louis II, Prince of Baden, in Baden-Baden, Duchy of Baden

Was he a Prince of Baden?

His grandmother was Princess Marie Amelie of Baden and later Duchess of Hamilton.

On this day, July 18, 1793 ~ Birth of Marie Caroline Gilbert de Lametz, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Florestan I of Monaco, in Coulommiers, France

On this day, September 21, 1869 ~ The Wedding of Prince Albert I of Monaco and Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton at the Chateau de Marchais in Champagne, France

On this day, September 28, 1828 ~ Birth of Antoinette de Merode-Westerloo, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Charles III of Monaco, in Brussels, Belgium

On this day, September 30, 1898 ~ Birth of Princess Charlotte , Duchess of Valentinois, daughter of Prince Louis II of Monaco, in Constantine, French Algeria

On this day, October 2, 1841 ~ Demise of Honore V, Prince of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, October 2, 1841 ~ Demise of Honore V, Prince of Monaco in Paris, France

His aunt Princess Marie Thérèse went to the guillotine in July 1794 during the Reign of Terror ,her husband Prince Joseph of Monaco and children had escaped to the UK.
460px-Marie_Th%C3%A9r%C3%A8se_de_Choiseul%2C_Princess_Joseph_of_Monaco.png

On this day, October 7, 1737 ~ Birth of Maria Caterina Brignole, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Honore III of Monaco, at the Palazzo Rosso in the Republic of Genoa

On this day, October 7, 1737 ~ Birth of Maria Caterina Brignole, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Prince Honore III of Monaco, at the Palazzo Rosso in the Republic of Genoa

Catherine's marriage to Honoré III ended in separation in 1770 and following his death she married Louis Joseph de Bourbon,Prince de Condé.

Marie-Catherine Brignole
383px-Marie-Catherine_de_Brignole-Sale%2C_Princess_of_Monaco.png

Last edited:
On this day, October 13, 1900 ~ Birth of Ghislaine Dommanget, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Louis II of Monaco, in Reims, France

On this day, October 22, 1759 ~ Birth of Louise d'Aumont Mazarin, Princess of Monaco, spouse of Honore IV of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, October 30, 1724 ~ Demise of Marie of Lorraine, Princess of Monaco, wife of Prince Antoine I of Monaco, at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

On this day, November 10, 1697 ~ Birth of Louise Hippolyte, Sovereign Princess of Monaco at the Prince's Palace in Monaco

On this day, November 12, 1929 ~ Birth of Princess Grace of Monaco, originally Grace Kelly, wife of Prince Rainier III of Monaco, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

On this day, November 13, 1848 ~ Birth of Albert I, Prince of Monaco in Paris, France

On this day, November 13, 1848 ~ Birth of Albert I, Prince of Monaco in Paris, France

Albert I, Prince of Monaco was married twice

Prior to his accession he married the Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton in 1869 and the couple had one child the future Louis II .The marriage was annulled in January 1880.

In 1889 have succeed as Sovereign Prince he married Alice Heine, dowager duchess de Richelieu. The couple later separated in 1902 with Alice outliving the Prince by 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom