Gatcombe Park

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Heather_

Serene Highness
City
Missouri
Country
United States
I apologize if there's already a thread for Gatcombe Park. I didn't see one. Anyway, I wanted to go ahead and start one because it's one of the royal residences that I seem to know the least about. I know that Princess Anne lives there and that both children had cottages there before they married and moved away but if I'm not mistaken haven't they moved back with their families? I've only ever seen a couple of pictures and it appears to be a beautiful place.

The main gatcombe House is home to Princess Anne and Tim. It was reported, but never confirmed I don' think, a while back that Zara and Mike had moved into Aston Farm, a 7 bedroom farm house and estate next door to Gatcombe that was purchased by the Queen and the use of which was given to Mark Phillips when he and Anne divorced (its been reported in a number of places that ownership was not transferred to Mark but that it was put in trust for Zara and Peter to ensure it stayed in the family) They had previously lived in "The Bothy" a smaller house on the main estate where they lived before moving into Cheltenham.
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Dad's old farmhouse? Bling it on, says Zara | Daily Mail Online

This would suggest to me that Peter may well be the one who will eventually take over Gatcombe itself, he helps run the annual Festival of Eventing that takes place there annually.

Unlike a lot of other royal residences it is not owned by the Crown Estate and leased but was instead purchased by the Queen herself as a gift to Anne on her marriage. The estate runs at around 700 acres an includes, not surprisingly, a vast amount of stabling facilities.

Wow Tommy many thanks for the wonderful information. Sounds like a great setup for the family.

Gatcombe Park is the country residence of Anne, Princess Royal, between the villages of Minchinhampton and Avening in Gloucestershire, England. Built in the late 18th century. Is privately owned.

Do Zara and Peter Philips live in houses within this property?

Gatcombe Park is the country residence of Anne, Princess Royal, between the villages of Minchinhampton and Avening in Gloucestershire, England. Built in the late 18th century. Is privately owned.

Do Zara and Peter Philips live in houses within this property?

I've always read that there were 2 cottages on the estate that they lived in.

There are several houses it seems. Mark P lived in one for a long time

The main gatcombe House is home to Princess Anne and Tim. It was reported, but never confirmed I don' think, a while back that Zara and Mike had moved into Aston Farm, a 7 bedroom farm house and estate next door to Gatcombe that was purchased by the Queen and the use of which was given to Mark Phillips when he and Anne divorced (its been reported in a number of places that ownership was not transferred to Mark but that it was put in trust for Zara and Peter to ensure it stayed in the family) They had previously lived in "The Bothy" a smaller house on the main estate where they lived before moving into Cheltenham.
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Dad's old farmhouse? Bling it on, says Zara | Daily Mail Online

This would suggest to me that Peter may well be the one who will eventually take over Gatcombe itself, he helps run the annual Festival of Eventing that takes place there annually.

There has been a lot of planning applications in recent years, especially around Aston Farm including creating 3 /4 bedroom houses. I suspect Peter lives in one of these as does Autumn (if she does still indeed live on the estate which I'm sure she does for the girls at least)

Unlike a lot of other royal residences it is not owned by the Crown Estate and leased but was instead purchased by the Queen herself as a gift to Anne on her marriage. The estate runs at around 700 acres an includes, not surprisingly, a vast amount of stabling facilities.

I've always been curious about that long curved conservatory on the side of the main house and how the family uses it.

I bet you anything Mike has thrown a few rugby balls in it ??

Back
Top Bottom