Funeral of Prince Rainier: April 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can only say; Bravo Michelle!

I would have to agree with liv and Alexandria. This is obviously a family where open displays of affection and love are the norm. There are tons of wonderful, touching pictures of Caroline hugging her kids, or Albert comforting Steph, Steph and her kids, and so on. Despite this, I can't remember seeing any photos of Steph and Caroline displaying sisterly love. This leads me to think that the media spin on the sisters' rocky relationship is indeed true.

Gossip magazines do like to make things up, and exagerate the truth. But they also spot things correctly sometimes.

I agree with Michelle! I don´t think that they hate each other. Carolins is very disciplined and Stephanie is more loose. They´re different....This doesn´t change their relation!

daisyonthewall said:
I would have to agree with liv and Alexandria. This is obviously a family where open displays of affection and love are the norm. There are tons of wonderful, touching pictures of Caroline hugging her kids, or Albert comforting Steph, Steph and her kids, and so on. Despite this, I can't remember seeing any photos of Steph and Caroline displaying sisterly love. This leads me to think that the media spin on the sisters' rocky relationship is indeed true.

Gossip magazines do like to make things up, and exagerate the truth. But they also spot things correctly sometimes.

That means you really want to say that these gossip mags are more right on this then I am in what I experience from being there with them.

I agree with Michelle. I have a sister myself so I know that sisterly love is one that tends to be different from any other. You may be more critical sometimes and have rows which hurt each other more but that is only because deep down you love each other so much, no matter what!

budge9 said:
I agree with Michelle. I have a sister myself so I know that sisterly love is one that tends to be different from any other. You may be more critical sometimes and have rows which hurt each other more but that is only because deep down you love each other so much, no matter what!

Exactly...I mean I won't say Caroline and Stephanie are amazingly fond of one another...but that's not the question. The question is: Do they love each other truely from inside, do they respect each other, do they get along?
The answer is: Yes, absoloutely

They have their quarrels, disputes, screams and girlie-fights (two girls ....ahhhhhh, help) and yes I'm sure Caroline was deeply annoyed by some of the stuff Steph did...but hey...she's still her baby-sis....

Prince Rainier's grave in Cathedral

Polfoto 16-04-2005 Tourists pass Prince Rainier's grave, foreground, and his late wife Grace Kelly's grave, behind, one day after his funeral in Monaco, Saturday April 16, 2005. Prince Rainier III was reunited in death with his beloved Princess Grace in Monaco's cathedral, with an emotional and pomp-filled funeral at the site where the two began their fairy-tale marriage nearly half a century ago. (AP Photo/Christophe Ena)

Around the grave there are 7 small bouqets of flowers, I beleive they reperesent grandchildren last goodbye's :( ..Caroline's, Albert's and Stephanie's are on top..:(

Attachments

• 0aa.jpg
    0aa.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 00d.jpg
    00d.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 393
Thanks so much for your words Michelle, they made me happy; I was so upset and disappointed today when I realised that all the mags and papers talked about was this supposed succession war between the sisters (for their children)!

I think the rumor is not true, but even if it was, I found it sad that instead of talking about the beauty, solemnity of the funeral, the press chose to focus once again on unfunded gossip.

So thanks again for your words; I truly hope and believe Caroline Albert and Stephanie will be able to support each other through these difficult times,

kisses

Wonderfully explained Michelle!

I have never fully believed the gossip mags on their relationship.
Every family has their ups and downs including royal ones. Just because there have been some disagreements here and there doesn't mean that these two sisters don't love eachother anymore. That's utterly ridiculous!

Just because they live their lives differently and make different choices that the other might not necessarily make doesn't mean that they don't respect the other.

I applaud them for maintaing their dignity through the gossip and scandals - which really aren't all that bad.

:p

Go Michelle! I agree. Siblings definitely have their quarrels, everyone that has a siblings knows that but they're family and deep down now matter what, (especially all the they have been through) they still love each other. It's really sad that during this time when they are in pain and grieving that people still think and focus on things like this when they have lost their father.

I do think Caroline and Steph love each other. But I don't think they have ever been close or understood one another. And that is just fine because that is also normal in most families amongst siblings. Everyone has differences and some may never get along. It's not unusual it's just life.

We will have to see if Caroline and Steph will grow closer or more distant in the aftermath of Rainier's death. Only time will tell. Thanks for the pictures of Rainiers grave. The flowers are beautiful. It is nice that he and Grace are side by side and reunited in death.

From AAP Image:

Attachments

• 00413331.jpg
    00413331.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 494
  • 00413340.jpg
    00413340.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 479
  • 00413453.jpg
    00413453.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 565
  • 00413500.jpg
    00413500.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 513
  • MONACO-RAINIER-PEOPLE-F_108.jpg
    MONACO-RAINIER-PEOPLE-F_108.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 486
  • MONACO-RAINIER-PEOPLE-FU_72.jpg
    MONACO-RAINIER-PEOPLE-FU_72.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 487
  • MONACO-RAINIER-PEOPLE-FU_91.jpg
    MONACO-RAINIER-PEOPLE-FU_91.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 521
Really sad Caroline,Stephanie and Albert:

Attachments

• acaroline.jpg
    acaroline.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 279
  • aste.jpg
    aste.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 42-15199351.jpg
    42-15199351.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 301
*no words needed here*

Attachments

• capt.sge.hhj00.150405181549.photo04.photo.default-244x384.jpg
    capt.sge.hhj00.150405181549.photo04.photo.default-244x384.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 520
It is very sad to see the pictures of the grieving family. I personally wish that they wouldn't have been allowed to take pictures of the family inside of the cathedral as they did at Diana's funeral. I know there are public personas but there are some times that should be respected. At least the burial was private.

Ennyllorac said:
It is very sad to see the pictures of the grieving family. I personally wish that they wouldn't have been allowed to take pictures of the family inside of the cathedral as they did at Diana's funeral. I know there are public personas but there are some times that should be respected. At least the burial was private.

Caroline, Albert and Stephanie agreed on having the photographers in the cathedral.

liv said:
What is the reason for their argument ?Caroline´s children seems to get along ith Stephanie very well whereas the relationship between Caroline/Stephanie seems to be very cold.I missed a hug of the both sisters...

Here is a link to a summary of the Vanity Fair article discussing Caroline and Stephanie's strained relationship (scroll to the bottom two posts then over to the next page):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743&page=1

If members are interested, they can discuss further Stephanie and Caroline's relationship in that thread rather than in this thread, and perhaps offer additional insight into the sister's relationship in light of what happened at Rainier's funeral and now in light of his death.

an amazing - and sad - picture:

Attachments

• 52634047.jpg
    52634047.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 346
Sad isn't it. Do you think the death of prince Rainier III will separate them even more? prince Rainier III was an unifying figure in Caroline-Stephanie realtionship.

Attachments

• dp_050415_stefanie_caro.jpg
    dp_050415_stefanie_caro.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 509
elektraking said:
Sad isn't it. Do you think the death of prince Rainier III will separate them even more? prince Rainier III was an unifying figure in Caroline-Stephanie realtionship.

If there is any truth about a rift between Caroline and Stephanie, the picture you posted says it all....

michelle said:
That means you really want to say that these gossip mags are more right on this then I am in what I experience from being there with them.

Oh dear, I do not mean it that way. I just meant to say that gossip magazines are sometimes correct. They make up most of their stuff when there's nothing juicy to report, but when there is, they, who spend tons of money getting photographers to follow and scrutinise every move celebrities/public figures make, are quite likely to catch it. Look at Jen and Brad's split for example. It was so shocking to me because they seemed so happy together, but magazines have been talking about it for some time.

With regards to this issue, it is simply my own deduction of the situation. And I could be wrong, but this is what I believe at the moment. I certainly do mean to say that you're a less credible source than magazines.

I'm enjoying looking at all of the pictures from the funeral. I can never seem to find where to get many of the exclusive pictures. So it is nice to come to the thread and see them posted.

Back
Top Bottom