Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A wedding in Stockholm and in december would be such a fairytale with all those christmas lightings in the streets and snow:flowers:

Hope we'll have the date soon!
Well, they have a long time ahead of them to decide about the date! I don't think that we will have a date about the wedding any time soon! Perhaps at the end of this year we will know! :flowers:

I think two Royal weddings are more likely to help Swedish economy than harm it in any way: selling the transmission rights - only will probably cover all the costs. And that's without the fact Sweden will become a huge tourist attraction in 2010 because of the weddings.
Well, excuse me but not many people are interested in royals and the weddings will not definitely make Sweden a tourist attraction! People that will visit the country then, will plan their trips because they like the country and not just because they want to see the weddings or whatsoever!! :nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, excuse me but not many people are interested in royals and the weddings will not definitely make Sweden a tourist attraction! People that will visit the country then, will plan their trips because they like the country and not just because they want to see the weddings or whatsoever!! :nonono:
You are actually wrong here; Swedish press reports a few weeks after the engagement of Crown Princess Victoria said that hotels in the inner city of Stockholm had already received such a significantly higher number of reservations for the wedding date that they were close to being booked out in advance.
While Princess Madeleine's wedding might get less attention, it will certainly represent an added tourist attraction as well.

After the wedding, he won't be a HRH?

Duke, according to a few posters.

If you go a few pages back you will have a small discussion about what title he will get and the children and why :)

After repeated watch photos of the newly-engagement couple I want ask
did anyone notice that Madeleine and Jonas quite look-a-like to each other?
Similar to Victoria and Daniel.
:D

You are actually wrong here; Swedish press reports a few weeks after the engagement of Crown Princess Victoria said that hotels in the inner city of Stockholm had already received such a significantly higher number of reservations for the wedding date that they were close to being booked out in advance.
While Princess Madeleine's wedding might get less attention, it will certainly represent an added tourist attraction as well.
Oh, I had no idea about that! I am sorry! But still the people travelling there might not be foreigners but Swedes! So not exactly tourists!

Oh, I had no idea about that! I am sorry! But still the people travelling there might not be foreigners but Swedes! So not exactly tourists!

Never underestimate the power of a royal watcher. And if there were people who were not interested in royals...why are we on this site? And why do tons of royal sites exsits? There are people on this Forum I am sure who if time and money permit, would attend just to be in the crowd when Victoria marries Daniel.

Last edited:
I'm happy for them. A big Congratulations!

Wrong.Many planned trips because of the wedding(s).Some hotels,well,many actually are already fully booked,
as I already said almost two months ago.And certainly not by Swedes only.

Last edited:
How wonderful! They a handsome couple. Congratulations!!!

Well Congratulatons to them, wonder what kind of wedding they will have, probably not as big as her sister Victoria's will be.

After repeated watch photos of the newly-engagement couple I want ask
did anyone notice that Madeleine and Jonas quite look-a-like to each other? Similar to Victoria and Daniel.
:D

I don't think Madeleine and Jonas look anything alike. :nonono: Madeleine has a wide face and large eyes. Jonas has a narrow face and small eyes.
Victoria and Daniel however, do look very much alike. They could be brother and sister! :ohmy:

Klockan - en hemlig förlovningssymbol | Expressen
Jonas proposed Madeleine the 12th June in Capri. Because Madeleine couldn´t use her engagement ring in public before the engagement was made official, Jonas gave Madeleine the day after the proposal his Rolex Submariner -watch as a secret mark of the engagement. Madeleine used it at Victoria´s birthday celebrations.

There were reports in the press that Princess Madeleine announced her engagement to steal some of the focus away from Princess Victoria (which is rubbish I'm sure). So the King took all his children and his two future sons-in-law on a walk around the palace. He is showing the unity of the family and that there is no rivalry.

Royal Examiner Story

Im upset! Sorry but I just have to tell this....
On 12/8 I bought both of the evening papers here in Sweden because of the engagement between princess Madeleine and mr Bergström... I wanted som nice pics and so on.... AND when I opened the first one there was (as first picture) a HUUUUUGE picture over 2 pages with the REPORTER from the paper shaking hands w Jonas Bergström and with Jonas and Madeleine standing in the background!!!!:eek:

I cant beleve it!!! Why on eart and whole universe do this paper tink the readers want a pic of the reporter ??? at this occation??? at this time??? at all??? :eek:

You can watch it here (but here it is quite small....):

Johan T Lindwall: Jonas hemliga möten - med Victoria - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Well, if you know Johan T. Lindwall's style of writing in his royal 'reporting', you inevitably realize that he must have some ego issues.
A guy who thinks it's worthwhile to fill his column by writing a report on nothing else but how expertly he himself managed to jog along the running course of Victoria & Daniel on Öland (like he did about two weeks ago) does have problems...
The way he is posing on the picture is horrid and decidedly tacky.
It's funny too, although a rather bad joke.

Well, if you know Johan T. Lindwall's style of writing in his royal 'reporting', you inevitably realize that he must have some ego issues.
A guy who thinks it's worthwhile to fill his column by writing a report on nothing else but how expertly he himself managed to jog along the running course of Victoria & Daniel on Öland (like he did about two weeks ago) does have problems...
The way he is posing on the picture is horrid and decidedly tacky.
It's funny too, although a rather bad joke.

Hmmm, yes I agree with everything you write above.... and I know this is not the forum for complaining on JTL as reporter/human being but this was just TOO MUCH! And no, I usually dont read what he is writing (for well known reasons) I prefare to avoid him... (= not buying expressen) but this was an special occation...

And Its a v good idea to take it (the huge 2 paged pic of JTL and PM och JB in the background) from the funny side and laugh about it :D instead of talking ***** of this guy :flowers:

Why don't royalcourt publish family-group-pictures of the engagement?

We don't see pictures of the king and queen by publish the engagement, only statement on the website! This is unussual!

The whole engagement was very simple (news item and press-meeting fiance couple), not royality!

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedia/archive/00994/tradet_994698w.jpg

Above is a link to the family tree of Jonas Bergström. Are pictures of his family available?

Jonas parents Elisabeth and Claes
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7394/19176barndop68761221104.jpghttp://img188.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=19176_BarnDop6876_122_1104lo.jpg

Elisabeth and Jonas brother Ted
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6687/19171barndop6825122687l.jpg

The guy on the very right is Jonas brother Peder
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5649/19151barndop5072122518l.jpg

There are no official pics with Jonas parents. I guess here the absence/reluctance of the Westlings set the path...

well I found it to soon because of Victoria's wedding, I think that they should wait for Vicotria's wedding first, that is my opinion.

Personally I don't see a reason, why the King and the Queen should have been there, too. Madeleine and Jonas got engaged. Not them. It was the moment of their daughter and her husband-to-be. Why should they steal their spotlight? I don't thing, that would have been nice.

Victorias and Daniels engagement was a different matter. It was not only the daughter that got engaged but also the heir of the swedish throne. It was something way bigger than the engagement of the third in line of the throne. This was not just a family thing but a formal thing, too. I think, that's why they were present. First and formost as King and Queen, because the Crownprincess got engaged and not as farther and mother because the daughter got engaged. If Carl Philip would have still been Crownprince I don't think Victorias and Daniels engagement would have been that formal. It would have been very much like Madeleines and Jonas'.

At least that's my opinion. Other may see it otherwise.

Another wedding. Great News.
Congratulations to the couple.

I've cleaned up a couple of outbreaks of bickering that were getting increasingly personal. We don't need members "kindly" telling other members what a waste of space they are, so I'll thank everyone for keeping that sort of thing to themselves in future.

Elspeth
TRF admin

Why don't royalcourt publish family-group-pictures of the engagement?

We don't see pictures of the king and queen by publish the engagement, only statement on the website! This is unussual!

The whole engagement was very simple (news item and press-meeting fiance couple), not royality!

I am missing family pictures, too! Why didn't Royalcourt at least publish some official new pics with the King and Queen and the newly engaged couple? I don't suppose them to take part in the press meeting, but a statement would have been nice.
I am aware that Madeleine is not the Crown Princess, but she still is a princess. And this engagement was the less glittering one I've ever seen.

congrats to the couple!!!! Are there any photos of the engagement dinner?

Personally I don't see a reason, why the King and the Queen should have been there, too. Madeleine and Jonas got engaged. Not them. It was the moment of their daughter and her husband-to-be. Why should they steal their spotlight? I don't thing, that would have been nice.

Victorias and Daniels engagement was a different matter. It was not only the daughter that got engaged but also the heir of the swedish throne. It was something way bigger than the engagement of the third in line of the throne. This was not just a family thing but a formal thing, too. I think, that's why they were present. First and formost as King and Queen, because the Crownprincess got engaged and not as farther and mother because the daughter got engaged. If Carl Philip would have still been Crownprince I don't think Victorias and Daniels engagement would have been that formal. It would have been very much like Madeleines and Jonas'.

At least that's my opinion. Other may see it otherwise.

I agree with KitKat2006 here. The two engagements are very different in terms of importance for the Swedish monarchy. The future Queen of Sweden becomes engaged and so not only is it a family celebration, it is also a national and state affair.

Madeleine has been in a relationship for a number of years too and should not be in the position of having to wait another year to announce her engagement - she and Jonas may wish to make plans for the wedding and feel assured in eachother's committment by becoming engaged - any number of reasons. But if she had waited to announce her engagement until after Victoria's wedding, people would still be complaining she was trying to steal the limelight from her elder sister.

The fact that Madeleine's engagement has beena relatively low-key event shoudl satisfy people taht she is not trying to take away the shine from her elder sister.

I just do not see what the big fuss is about that people are unhappy Madeleine has become engaged too, or why there are no photo's of her and Jonas with the King and Queen, or where Jonas' parents are etc etc. This is the way it has been done and who are we to suggest the Swedish Royal Family have not done it all properly?!

Congratulations to Madeline and Jonas and their families!

They really did look in love and relaxed at their engagement interview. Moreso than Victoria and Daniel, but that is to be expected because the pressure to perform with V&D was intense.

As far as Madeline upstaging her sister it will happen even if Madeline did not do it on purpose. M&J fit much more into the mould of a beautiful royal princess and dashing knight than V&D- so it is only natural that they will get more coverage. We have to remember that at the end of the day the media cover whoever will give them more readers,viewvers etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom