"End Game" by Omid Scobie - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I'm not sure anyone would really believe any denial of involvement this time given it was clear in court they had been involved with Scobie's last book - and denied it until they had to admit it in court.

Iluvbertie, what I posted, was that HAD there been an inkling that QEll had taken a grave turn for the worse, or death was imminent, Charles NEVER would have hosted a Dinner on Sept 7th. He would have been at Balmoral.

It came SO suddenly. Yes, we could see QEll was in increasingly frail health. Time was slipping away. Weeks ? A month ? Or a few ? But death came obviously VERY very fast. Which I guess was a mercy.
I agree and we are just the public who were shocked to see her with Liz Truss. Her eyes were bright and she was just as 'present' as she had always been, but because she was "on holiday" at Balmoral we did not see very much of her so the change was quite dynamic. She looked incredibly frail and in the manner of things, I think her family was "aware" but not yet alarmed about her condition as they were seeing her every day and in constant contact with her doctors. This meant that the radical change was taking place right in front of them yet not as obvious. I believe from what was reported that her health crisis was sudden and her death certainly not thought to be imminent.

Whilst I am not the biggest William fan and think he carries a lot of the blame for the current situation, I give TM's a lot more forgiveness and understanding. I have no doubt that the King loves Harry deeply, but, I also think Harry is difficult for him. Harry is so much like his mother, the good and bad, and it must be awful Deja Vu for Charles to have to be dealing with his all over again. I don't think Charles was ever able to figure out Diana and perhaps he is feeling just as lost with his son now. It would be nice if William and Harry could make peace but I'm personally more vested in the King and Harry making peace.
I agree completely, mending what was a very close relationship is very important. Being cut off from the people you love is incredibly painful and for good or bad, Charles is a father cut off from his son and grandchildren and Harry is cut off from the father and wider family he loves. People can witter on about who is or is not to blame for the fact that they are separated but the bottom line is that it hurts and is their reality not ours.
Honestly I take all these sources from all these royal books and articles with a grain of salt.
I agree that there are a lot of unreliable sources but we know that Meghan has provided inside information to Omid Scobie in the past. The passage about how upset Harry was when William did not respond when Harry wanted help getting to Balmoral could have only come from Meghan.
Not sure how much cooperation the Sussexes gave to this new book by Scobie since I think there was some backlash to his last book. There definitely seems to be a lot of insider/ palace source info from the excerpts I read so who really know what to believe.
I am talking in general for the book not just the death of the Queen. Scobie still has has sources in the palaces not just the Sussexes although I am sure that many people will disagree.I am talking in general for the book not just the death of the Queen.
[/quote][/quote]
Lets face it, not Charles, not William and certainly not Harry have clean hands. They have all behaved like children, lashing out at each other and initially, none of them showed any restraint in front of the staff.

The incredible leaking did its job and leaked, big time. These last two years have seen a plethora of books, so called Biographies, that have served to exacerbate the situation and have cited all sorts of anonymous sources and produced a stream of vitriol that makes neither Harry, William nor Charles look good, in fact, these learned tomes present a picture of a family that put the dys in dysfunctional which is not a good look for the BRF.

The mystery of the BRF is gone and they have become just another viperous celebrity family washing their dirty linen in public. If there was any doubt, the ghastly public act of refusing Harry a room at Windsor because the staff had not been notified in time to ready a room when he wished to overnight and mark the anniversary of his grandmother's death. Many caustic inches were written about Harry making a big deal about leaving St Georges via the front door and getting into his car and leaving.

The general consensus was he was making a big deal about being separated from his family. But the victorious palace staff published that he had been denied a room at Windsor Castle changed everything. The staff publicly treated the King's son like a nobody and changed the dialogue completely.
Harry was just like any tourist entering and leaving St Georges Chapel the same way he entered, via the main entrance. Now that act of mean-spiritedness has been the source of many a column, page or chapter in which the BRF look mean, nasty and spiteful. Scobie's book was born and fertilised by such people and such actions.

Scobie's book was born and fertilised by such people and such actions.

We are all entitled to our views, but I don't think there will be much consensus on the issue that there is any justification for H&M to support books like this, and the others that Scobie has written.

The commentary set out in book around the logistics for Harry to get to Scotland and back at the time of the Queen's passing, IMO, adds little to the narrative, other than to highlight the utterly self-centred approach of H&M, and, to me, disrespects QE2 and the significant historical event that was unfurling. If this helps H&M in any way, so be it, though I fail to see it.

The death of the Queen was a historical event but she was also a beloved family member whether or not people think Harry treated her as one. Who knows if other cousins had wanted to go to visit the Queen on her deathbed. It was not made public.
I agree with MARG about the palace staff.

Harry and Meghan are not showing any evidence that they can now be trusted not to reveal private conversations etc, It is claimed to be their sources that have provided details of the birthday phone call, it is their sources that have announced they would be happy to accept a Xmas invitation to join the family. Why are they not doing that privately. ?

They are shooting themselves in the foot. Or are they trying to make the family look bad.

We are all entitled to our views, but I don't think there will be much consensus on the issue that there is any justification for H&M to support books like this, and the others that Scobie has written.

The commentary set out in book around the logistics for Harry to get to Scotland and back at the time of the Queen's passing, IMO, adds little to the narrative, other than to highlight the utterly self-centred approach of H&M, and, to me, disrespects QE2 and the significant historical event that was unfurling. If this helps H&M in any way, so be it, though I fail to see it.

Haven't read Scobie's last book and don't think I will be reading this one either since from the excertpts its just a rehashing of all the royal news that I have been following but we can also say that none of the royals should be supporting lots of these books that are not biographies since they all have royal sources or close friend of as their inside info.

Haven't read Scobie's last book and don't think I will be reading this one either since from the excertpts its just a rehashing of all the royal news that I have been following but we can also say that none of the royals should be supporting lots of these books that are not biographies since they all have royal sources or close friend of as their inside info.

I agree with you, the problem is an author can say ' sources' or a 'friend' and there is no hard evidence where it came from.

Harry provided the stuff himself in his book, now it could be that Scobie has just rehashed some of Harrys own words, or he has if not direct access possibly through an agreed third party.

Scobie likes to give the impression that he has excellent access.

Definitely Hallo girl things Harry said in his book can be quoted in other books. I would rather see that than unnamed sources.

Definitely Hallo girl things Harry said in his book can be quoted in other books. I would rather see that than unnamed sources.

The thing is we still do not know how accurate Harrys version of events are, as nobody from the family challenged them, and secondly he cannot take them back, although he tried.

I need to edit my last line, the late Queen did, recollections may vary.

The thing is we still do not know how accurate Harrys version of events are, as nobody from the family challenged them, and secondly he cannot take them back, although he tried.

I need to edit my last line, the late Queen did, recollections may vary.

I think if he put it in his book and I am sure he got to proofread it beforehand then he should stand behind his words. At this point I think if you like the Sussexes you will believe mostly what they say and if you don’t you won’t believe them. And the same thing goes for Omid Scobie. You either trust his “sources” or you don’t.

I think if he put it in his book and I am sure he got to proofread it beforehand then he should stand behind his words. At this point I think if you like the Sussexes you will believe mostly what they say and if you don’t you won’t believe them. And the same thing goes for Omid Scobie. You either trust his “sources” or you don’t.

I think it is too easy to say people who disagree must dislike the couple. I dislike some of what they say especially when I can pick holes in some of it but that does not mean that I am biased against them.

Another extract has been released by French magazine Paris Match.

Here's the DM's article about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...harry-meghan-kate-william-christmas-kids.html

You could not pay me enough money to marry into the BRF, so I understand Meghan's reluctance to re-enter the 'soap opera'.

But you also could not pay me enough money to believe the Sussexes have had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this new book, or that Scobie is not part of the 'Sussex camp'. Sorry, but pull the other one, please.

There’s not enough money in three solar systems to pay me to badmouth my family. My father, my brother, my siater in law.

I don’t think he proofread Spare himself and the ghostwriter who he hired literally said that Harry did not understand the depth of writing a memoir/book. Harry himself said his memories aren’t fully perfect or chronological. It’s not a matter of like or dislike, it’s a question of credibility and Omid and Harry don’t have much of that to be honest

Hmm I’s say alot of the soap opera seems to have been of their own making and seems to happen regardless of being in the UK or official working royals. I mean I’d call “the car chase” through NY a soap opera. They seem like a couple that love to pretend not to love the attention and drama but would be devastated if it all went away and no one bothered or wrote about them IMO.
Interesting latest extracts day the car ride to their walk about at Windsor was done in complete silence because Catherine wouldn’t talk to Meghan, only 4 people in the car who would know that.

Hmm I’s say alot of the soap opera seems to have been of their own making and seems to happen regardless of being in the UK or official working royals. I mean I’d call “the car chase” through NY a soap opera. They seem like a couple that love to pretend not to love the attention and drama but would be devastated if it all went away and no one bothered or wrote about them IMO.
Interesting latest extracts day the car ride to their walk about at Windsor was done in complete silence because Catherine wouldn’t talk to Meghan, only 4 people in the car who would know that.

Latest extract, details of a letter Meghan had written to the King, when will this ever end.

Latest extract, details of a letter Meghan had written to the King, when will this ever end.

Never, because rehashing the short period of time when Meghan was in the royal family is all they have to monetize. What really strains credulity is every article stating the Sussexes had nothing to do with this book, despite it containing revelations about things no one else would know, like conversation in the car the day of the Windsor walkabout after the Queen’s funeral.

Meghan denied working with Scobie once and was proven to have been dishonest about it in court. They released statements directly to him for a long time after that.

I have a bridge to sell anyone who believes this book wasn’t written with at least Meghan’s cooperation but probably both of them.

The latest snippet coming out is that TWO people in the BRF allegedly made comments about Archie's skin colour.

I guess, when you try something with one, and it doesn't work, why not up the stakes and try with two instead? If this doesn't work, will we then hear it was actually three?

It's exhausting.

I had to laugh when I read the excerpt that said William didn't want to take Harry's texts the day of the Queen's death, because, "William clearly didn't want to see his brother." (Excerpt in the Daily Mail, which I don't think we're supposed to link here.)

Is anyone really surprised that William didn't want to deal with Harry at that moment? Is Harry so self-absorbed that he was surprised that William had more important things on his plate than dealing with him? (Frankly, I'm surprised Charles spoke to him at all.)

I had to laugh when I read the excerpt that said William didn't want to take Harry's texts the day of the Queen's death, because, "William clearly didn't want to see his brother." (Excerpt in the Daily Mail, which I don't think we're supposed to link here.)

Is anyone really surprised that William didn't want to deal with Harry at that moment? Is Harry so self-absorbed that he was surprised that William had more important things on his plate than dealing with him? (Frankly, I'm surprised Charles spoke to him at all.)

It’s ok to link to direct extracts from the book in the book’s thread even if they are run in the tabloids. What we try to avoid is using the tabloids as a source of independent fact, or as a source of exaggerated opinion pieces. This thread is specifically for discussion of this book so articles about the book are fine- though ideally, we will read the book directly and discuss its contents.

The latest snippet coming out is that TWO people in the BRF allegedly made comments about Archie's skin colour.

I guess, when you try something with one, and it doesn't work, why not up the stakes and try with two instead? If this doesn't work, will we then hear it was actually three?

It's exhausting.

Well, Harry said with his own mouth in front of camera that it's an "unconscious bias", not racism. Or somehow Scobie knows better than Harry?

I've also seen part that Scobie said that he has been excluded from royal engagement by KP after Finding Freedom. So since this book mostly cover what happened afterward, if he's being excluded from palace circle, then who's his "sources"?

https://archive.ph/gtleg

The Telegraph has a good breakdown of the main claims made so far.

The latest is that Anne persuaded the King to evict them from Frogmore.

Its interesting to me how Scobie’s book goes after William, Catherine, now Anne…. The three most popular royals in every opinion poll.

The more that comes out the clearer this is just trash IMO. All rumour and speculation and I bet his sources are all people who’d predictably be down about the RF.

Interesting he is also pushing the “reconciliation” theme about the Sussex’s at the same time they are yet this book- which so many will believe they’ve had a hand in- will only cause more pain and upset (and seemingly with more members of the RF taken down)

I believe the exact wording I read in the papers was that the comments were made by two members of the Royal Household, rather than the Royal Family.

Last edited:
I'm from Poland so the translation ot the book will take some time but I won't buy it for the same reason that I don't have "Spare" - I would be simply ashamed to put the books based on gossip and speculation on the shelve together with the books written by recognised and high-skilled authors. It will "hurt" my conscience as avid reader of books dedicated to royalty.

Exactly. I think Charles is still in contact because of the grandchildren.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ro...arkle-kate-middleton-silence-omid-scobie.html

According to DM, Kate and Meghan have not spoken in 4 years. Same here, Team Kate all the way. At some point, you are tired of being used as a cash cow/supplier of headlines in the worst possible way.
I am sure that Harry is 'ready to forget' in the near future because the reality of his life (his, not Meghans) has started to sink in.

If I was William and Harry was my sibling, I could never trust him again and would let him hang out to dry forever and a day.
Niece and nephew won't mean as much to William as grandchildren will mean to Charles.

I'm from Poland so the translation ot the book will take some time but I won't buy it for the same reason that I don't have "Spare" - I would be simply ashamed to put the books based on gossip and speculation on the shelve together with the books written by recognised and high-skilled authors. It will "hurt" my conscience as avid reader of books dedicated to royalty.
I agree with you and congratulate you for your excellent decision. Can't these people understand nobody cares anymore for their grievances while there are so many horrible things happening presently in this world.

Back
Top Bottom