Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the link, it was an interesting read and some nice photos. The duchess had some nice words for her sister-in-law, the duchess of Montpensier. And it seems that her sister-in-law Marion, widow of prince Thibaut, accompanies her to Brasil from time to time. I completely forgot that the late countess of Paris passed away in Württemberg.

I completely forgot that the late countess of Paris passed away in Württemberg.
She passed away in Paris not in Württemberg. But she often spend the holidays with the Württemberg Family and as far as i kinow was very close to them. One of her last wishes was that the Wedding of her granddaugther Fleur who took place only 1 month after her death should go on as planned.

i was reading the article too fast indeed. she says that the countess was in Althausen for the new year celebrations.

HRH Prince François of Orléans (b. 1982) married Theresa von Einsiedel (b. 1984) on July 26th in Straubing, Bavaria.

The groom is the 2nd son and 4th child of HRH Prince Michel of Orléans, Count of Évreux (b. 1941) and his wife Béatrice, née Pasquier de Franclieu; he is nephew of HRH The Count of Paris, and 12th in Orléanist line of succession.

The bride is daughter of Curt-Hildebrand von Einsiedel (b. 1944) and his wife, HSH Princess Amelie von Urach, Countess of Württemberg (b. 1949), herself granddaughter of HSH Prince Wilhelm Karl, 2nd Duke of Urach (1864-1928), who was elected King of Lithuania (as HM Mindaugas II) in 1918, but never reigned. The Urach line is a morganatic branch of the Royal House of Württemberg.

Source: Paul Theroff's Royal News of 2014, Section I

Gallery: Oggi (Italian magazine)

(Hi everybody, this is my first post)

Last edited by a moderator:
King William I of Wurttemberg promoted the Zollverein, the German customs union.
The Zollverein was a customs union established to eliminate tariff barriers.

On 25./26.10.2014 the German Order celebrated it's 750th anniversary in Altshausen. At Saturday a Seminar about the History of the Order and later a Serenade on the public Square took place. Present where Duchess Diane, Duke Friedrich and Duchess Marie with their son Duke Wilhelm
Altshausen: Deutscher Orden verleiht Format

Last edited:
Thanks Stefan, always nice to see the Duchess. Her grandson seems all grown up already.

Thanks Stefan, always nice to see the Duchess. Her grandson seems all grown up already.

Yes he has really grown since he was last seen which i think was 4 yours ago at the Golden Wedding of his grandparents. But he is already 20 years old now.

Duke Wilhelm has a distibct resemblance to his mother. If the young man has to make a royal marriage I think a suitable spouse would be Archduchess Eleanore of Austria, the eldest daughter of Ad Karl

What a thoughtful and very meaningful interview by HRH, Thanks Stefan. Happy Early Birthday to HRH and many happy returns.:flowers:

I don't know if his wedding with the excentric Diane d' Orléans was a happy wedding.

No picture of his Sister the Duchess of Montpensier and her Children.
No Picture of an Orleans ?

No picture of his Sister the Duchess of Montpensier and her Children.
No Picture of an Orleans ?
I don't think the Duchess of Montpensier was there. I was at Altshausen yesterday. There where 3 older ladies which i beleieve where his half-sister Princess Marie Chrstine of Liechtenstein, Princess Elisabeth of Bourbon Two-Sicilies with husband and Margravine Helene Pallavicini.
But i need time to go through my pics and will later also post some on my Blog

Last edited:
Last edited:
What a thoughtful and sincere gesture by Duke Carl.

Duchess Diane has designed Camels for the sternsinger children of Altshausen She said that last year when they as susual started at Altshausen Castle she noticed that the children who are xostumed as Kings don't have Camels. So she got the Ideee to make three for them. She desiogned them herself and made them fropm wood. They are place on Rolls so that the can easy go with them from House to House.
Altshausen: Herzogin baut Kamele für die Sternsinger

Duchess Margarethe of Württemberg, Mrs. François Luce Bailly de Chevigny, died on 10 June 2017, aged 88.

She was the eldest daughter and second child of Duke Albrecht Eugen of Württemberg and of his wife, née Princess Nadejda of Bulgaria. She was born in Karlsruhe on 25 november 1928.
She was married since 1970 to Viscount François Luce Bailly de Chevigny.
Her funeral will be celebrated in Paris, at the church of Saint-Ferdinand-des-Ternes, on Friday 16 June.

Décès de la duchesse Marguerite de Wurtemberg - Noblesse & Royautés
https://www.avis-de-deces.net/f_fra...rondissement-75017-paris_2170169528_2017.html

Last edited:
Duchess Sophie of Wurttemberg, daughter of Duke Philip and Dss Marie-Caroline in Bavaria- is engaged to Maximilien d’Andigné.

The couple will get amrried in October 2018 in Schloss Tegernsee in Bavaria.

Photos:
Fiançailles de la duchesse Sophie de Wurtemberg - Noblesse & Royautés

Sophie will be the first great-grandchild of the late count and countess of Paris to get married.

Duchess Sophie of Wurttemberg, daughter of Duke Philip and Dss Marie-Caroline in Bavaria- is engaged to Maximilien d’Andigné.

The couple will get amrried in October 2018 in Schloss Tegernsee in Bavaria.

Photos:
Fiançailles de la duchesse Sophie de Wurtemberg - Noblesse & Royautés

Sophie will be the first great-grandchild of the late count and countess of Paris to get married.

As it is over a year till the Wedding there is still the possibility that one of the other great-grandchildren will be first to marry.
Nice that there will be again a Wedding in the House of Württemberg but a pity that it will most likely be at Tegernsee and not at Altshausen but i guess she wants to marry at the same place then her parents in 1991.

Last edited:
I remember an article that some of the estate of Duke Max was already devided. The HP of liechtenstein would receive forestry lands, Dss Helene received Wildbad Kreutz. I am not sure if Tegernsee is part of the 'in Bavaria' properties but if it is intended to be going to Dss Marie-Caroline, a wedding there would make double sense.

I remember an article that some of the estate of Duke Max was already devided. The HP of liechtenstein would receive forestry lands, Dss Helene received Wildbad Kreutz. I am not sure if Tegernsee is part of the 'in Bavaria' properties but if it is intended to be going to Dss Marie-Caroline, a wedding there would make double sense.

And what about Elisabeth and Maria Anna?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom