Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: September 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad Meghan did this visit after weeks of garbage press. She did a high wattage event like BFA and this charming visit interacting with retirees showing she has this. The plaque unveiling reminds me of the visit with the queen in northern England this past June where the queen unveiled a plaque. The curtsy she received was great. I know it's not required but with the horrible weeks it did my heart good to see someone show Meghan that level of respect, acknowledging who she is. The woman could have just shook Meghan's hand.

I am glad Meghan did this visit after weeks of garbage press. She did a high wattage event like BFA and this charming visit interacting with retirees showing she has this. The plaque unveiling reminds me of the visit with the queen in northern England this past June where the queen unveiled a plaque. The curtsy she received was great. I know it's not required but with the horrible weeks it did my heart good to see someone show Meghan that level of respect, acknowledging who she is. The woman could have just shook Meghan's hand.

I totally agree!

:previous: Oh thanks, that seems to be the same video I came here to post because it covers most of the visit. It really is a skill being able to be cheery and to make small talk with people in a genuine, caring way. The Duchess of Sussex really seemed to enjoy her visit, as did the residents, staff and administrators.

Court Circular 18th December:
The Duchess of Sussex this morning visited the Royal Variety Charity, Brinsworth House, Staines Road, Twickenham, and was received by Mrs Gillian Norton (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Joy Reid

@JoyReidTVNZ
Follow Follow @JoyReidTVNZ
More
Prime Minister @jacindaardern is meeting privately with the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, at Kensington Palace to recognise their recent successful visit to NZ. A more formal royal meeting will take place with Prince William at Davos later this week @1NewsNZ

Jacinda and Meghan. Nice surprise.

Very impressive, Meghan! I knew they formed a bond on that trip.

From Palmer:

New Zealand's PM @jacindaardern met the Duchess of Sussex "privately" at Kensington Palace today. No pics. KP: "The Duchess was pleased to have the chance to thank the PM for the wonderful hospitality Their Royal Highnesses received from the people of New Zealand last year."

From Palmer:

New Zealand's PM @jacindaardern met the Duchess of Sussex "privately" at Kensington Palace today. No pics. KP: "The Duchess was pleased to have the chance to thank the PM for the wonderful hospitality Their Royal Highnesses received from the people of New Zealand last year."

It is nice that they had a chance to meet again. I'd have loved to see a picture.
?

Lovely to hear. I wonder if this is the start of a personal friendship from the NZ PM and the Sussexes.

:previous: The foundation for the friendship surely began during the Sussexes visit to New Zealand last October. Surely this meeting in London is further evidence of their mutual admiration and a direct result of the connection they made with each other in New Zealand. ?

:previous: The foundation for the friendship surely began during the Sussexes visit to New Zealand last October. Surely this meeting in London is further evidence of their mutual admiration and a direct result of the connection they made with each other in New Zealand. ?

Yes, I meant more as a further chance to connect with one another since they would have had a simple introduction in October unless they had private outings with each other in NZ that weren't reported. ?

Very proud of, Meghan, on officially receiving her first Prime Minister at Kensington Palace. Within a short time she’s come a long way.

Yes, I meant more as a further chance to connect with one another since they would have had a simple introduction in October unless they had private outings with each other in NZ that weren't reported. ?

Didn’t they spend quite a bit of time with the PM in NZ? I think they saw her on most days they were there.

Great to see Meghan meeting with the PM. Speaks well to the relationship she started with Jacinda during the visit. Be nice to see more.:flowers:

Didn’t they spend quite a bit of time with the PM in NZ? I think they saw her on most days they were there.

You're right. The PM had several engagements with the couple and there is a possibility that they met privately multiple times during the visit too.

I think it was reported at the time of the tour last October that DoS Meghan and the prime minister bonded quite a bit during the time they shared in NZ, which was substantial. Even in photos, we could see the connection.

That said, I agree: a further chance to connect, but the bond was made during their first meeting and the subsequent time they spent together in NZ.

I can imagine that the two women connected very well in New Zealand. One has a wee one and the other just announced her pregnancy. Dealing with pregnancies and babies and holding down a prominent public role most likely came into discussion in my imagination. I would also imagine perhaps something was said like "If you're ever in the UK, stop over and I'll make my favorite (fill in the blank). You have to try it!".

Then again, reciprocity is a big diplomatic nicety. It was William that went to China as a representative of the Queen and invited the president to the UK. It then made sense that it was William (and his wife) who were seated at the head table for the Chinese visit's state banquet. We see this kind of reciprocity a lot of times.

Congrats to the women of the Hubb (and the forward writer!) Meghan must be thrilled for them.
~
Xanthe Clay
@XantheClay
·
1h
The brilliant women of Hubb Community Kitchen, winner of @AndreSimonAward
Special Commendation for Together - superb book
link to tweet

Congrats to the women of the Hubb (and the forward writer!) Meghan must be thrilled for them.
~
Xanthe Clay
@XantheClay
·
1h
The brilliant women of Hubb Community Kitchen, winner of @AndreSimonAward
Special Commendation for Together - superb book
link to tweet

I actually just came here to post this. Congrats to the Hubb Community Kitchen and Meghan! It's a wonderful project and has seen success in a short period of time.

Lovely news. Congrats to them!

Absolutely fabulous! I hope we get to find out how much money has been raised by the book!

Yes, congratulations to the women of the Hubb Community Kitchen and the Duchess of Sussex!

Congratulations to all! This is wonderful news. They all look so happy! I hope we do find how much money has been raised, as well.

Fantastic news. The book is such a wonderful idea to raise money for a good cause. The ladies all look happy and proud.

Wonderful news!! Congratulations to the ladies of Hubb kitchen and Meghan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom