Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 4: April 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yennie

Heir Presumptive
City
Skåne
Country
Sweden
Todays Victoria story :)

At 10.00 Victoria arrived to the ferry terminal to board a boat to Ven. She was invited to the inauguration of the new Tycho Brahe museum.
It was cold and windy but it was all worth it!

She was about 10 minutes late to the terminal so unfortunatly I had to board the boat so I couldn´t see her very well then.
When I got to Ven I took the bus to the museum and found a great spot, just by the path Victoria would walk.
A few minutes later she arrived and she walked towards the museum, waved and smiled. On my left side there was a little girl who had flowers, so Victoria stoped and talked to her. Then she walked up the stair and sat down (out of my sight :/ and then it was time for speeches.
Then Victoria declared the museum open and disapeared inside. It was to cold to wait for her so I went back home...

But it was a great day, and I´m so glad my pictures turned out great!

Hope you´ll like them!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 439
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 390
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 395
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Waw !!! You did a great job yennie , actually i tought that those pictures were from an official website :) you were really close to the Crown Princess ...nice job :Y

Thank you all! I must say I´m very pleased with the pictures :D
I was really close, Victoria was perhaps 1 meter or so away...I felt like a real paparazzi. And I almost forgot to look at her because I was so busy taking photographs haha

Lena, I think those are real glasses. Perhaps its one of those who changes from normal to sunglasses depending on the lightning.

Now the pics from Fotomarktplatz in comparison. I would say Yennie is the clear winner.

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria inaugurated a new museum called the Tycho Brahe Museum, on the island of Ven between Sweden and Denmark 29 April 2005. Tycho Brahe was a famous astronom who lived in the 16th century. Foto : Li Fernstedt c dpa - Report

Attachments

• ty1.jpg
    ty1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 417
  • ty2.jpg
    ty2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 313
  • ty3.jpg
    ty3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 435
  • ty4.jpg
    ty4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 352
  • ty5.jpg
    ty5.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 248
  • ty6.jpg
    ty6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 360
Three pictures from royalcourt.se Victoria gave on Thursday the Emmerich-prize. A prize which is given to ppl, who work for more tolerance and less violence at schools.

Attachments

• Em1.jpg
    Em1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Em2.jpg
    Em2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 401
  • Em3.jpg
    Em3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 356
Lena said:
Now the pics from Fotomarktplatz in comparison. I would say Yennie is the clear winner.
haha, thank you Lena! Who knows, maybe I´ll be one of those paparazzis one day :)

I like her outifit for the Emmerich prize. Very simple, yet very stylish

Your pictures are really great Yennie:)

I like her award outfit, however I hate her recent collection of glasses\sunglasses, Im starting to like the ones she used to wear:rolleyes:

Thank you! It is very fun to see her irl. She has such charisma and is very nice and sweet. A true inspiration :)

Pictures from CLASOS...Attendance at The Swedish Work Environment Association’s 100th jubilee celebrations and the awarding of the “Large Work Environment Prize”
Nordic Museum, Stockholm (last Wednesday)

It seems Yennie is right. The tinge of the glasses change with the light. Well, it´s no big secret, that one of my greatest hopes is, that Daniel & Victoria get a newsletter from their "optician of trust", in which he (or she) says, that he (or she) has now "contacts for partners" for sale. But now as I see, how such "colour changing" glasses affect many photos, I almost feel the need to fake this newsletter! ;)

Attachments

• Enviro5.jpg
    Enviro5.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Enviro9.jpg
    Enviro9.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Enviro10.jpg
    Enviro10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 310
  • Enviro7.jpg
    Enviro7.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 239
  • Enviro6.jpg
    Enviro6.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Enviro4.jpg
    Enviro4.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Enviro3.jpg
    Enviro3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Enviro2.jpg
    Enviro2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 277
  • enviro1.jpg
    enviro1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 299
the glasses on the last picture look different to the other ones. yennie, fantastic pictures...victoria looked really well.

Bernadotte always wears glasses does she have really bad eye sight just like me?

(she has really cool glasses I think there the kind that turn dark in the sun light and then they turn clear indoors)

The O.C. Fanatic said:
(she has really cool glasses I think there the kind that turn dark in the sun light and then they turn clear indoors)
Yeah, transition lenses. As I have said before, those glasses suit her more than the other ones.

Attendance at the awarding of the Large Conductor Prize
The Concert Hall of Stockholm (Wednesday 27th of April) Pics are from Seegerpress (more exactly from Ritva, who has a great page on the Swedish Royals www.ritva.com)

What do I have to spot here...certain white shoes :D Well, they are hardly to recognise here, but those slits on the front say me, these are Danielle´s best friends ;)
Haven´t we read 1 or 2 years ago a story about Madeleine and Victoria invading a store for italian shoes? Is this habit gone with the wind, or what?
Sometimes I really think Victoria does this on purpose. She has a bookmark-list with all big Royal forums and when many ppl react strong with "disapproval" on certain pieces or styling habits, then she goes extra on...and in the evening she lies in her bed, twiddles her thumbs and does imagine, what those weird ppl on the net and those from the fashion-sections of tabloids and magazines could write tomorrow about her repeating style...a form of sadism and masochism ;)

Attachments

• cond1.jpg
    cond1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 631
  • cond2.jpg
    cond2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 239
  • cond3.jpg
    cond3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 230
  • cond4.jpg
    cond4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 286
  • cond5.jpg
    cond5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 318
  • cond6.jpg
    cond6.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 438
  • cond7.jpg
    cond7.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Oh dear goodness. This is getting tiring. I will make no more comments about those shoes; instead, I will quietly weep to myself while pulling out my hair. From what I can see of the dress, I really like it. Oops, no. It was just the shadow. I thought it had organza underneath. Maybe it was just Madeleine invading the shoe store. I can't see Victoria going on a shoe-buying rampage. I mean, look at her utilisation of one multi-purpose pair of shoes. I can't see her buying more than one pair at a time.

Opening of the “Dare to be Your Own” fair in connection to Youth Enterprise’s 25th anniversary
Stockholm International Fairs, Älvsjö (Monday, 2nd of May). The pic is from royalcourt.se

Hm, it seems Victoria is currently undergoing a "black top-grey skirt"-phase...If only I could read her mind :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Vagavaraegenwebb.jpg
    Vagavaraegenwebb.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 396
The *white* shoes

I had to laugh at this little article in Se og Hør, its a little blurb about Victorias favourite pair of white shoes and how they just go with everything:eek:

I have enlarged the photo of the shoes just for Danielle....:D

Attachments

• white hsoes.JPG
    white hsoes.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 323
  • white hsoes.JPG
    white hsoes.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
World Heritage House in Falun, 2005

Lots of pictures from Fotomarkplatz of Crown Princess Victoria in Dalarna County today, where she inaugurated The World Heritage House (for the Falun World Heritage Site) in Falun.

Attachments

• Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_10.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_10.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 454
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_11.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_11.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_12.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_12.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 278
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_13.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_13.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_14.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_14.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_15.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_15.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_1.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_18.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_18.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_17.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_17.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_16.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_16.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
More pictures from Fotomarktplatz of Crown Princess Victoria in Dalarna County today, where she inaugurated The World Heritage House (for the Falun World Heritage Site) in Falun.

Attachments

• Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_19.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_19.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_2.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 250
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_20.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_20.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_21.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_21.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 227
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_22.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_22.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_24.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_24.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 381
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_27.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_27.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_26.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_26.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_25.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_25.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_23.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_23.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
And more pictures from Fotomarktplatz of Crown Princess Victoria in Dalarna County today, where she inaugurated The World Heritage House (for the Falun World Heritage Site) in Falun.

Attachments

• Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_28.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_28.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 359
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_29.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_29.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 420
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_3.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_30.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_30.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 361
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_31.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_31.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 360
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_32.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_32.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 317
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_33.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_33.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_4.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_5.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_6.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_6.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
And the last pictures from Fotomarktplatz of Crown Princess Victoria in Dalarna County today, where she inaugurated The World Heritage House (for the Falun World Heritage Site) in Falun.

Attachments

• Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_7.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 404
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_8.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_8.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 265
  • Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_9.jpg
    Världsarvsmuseet Falun 3 maj 2005_9.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Although I will always adore Victoria no matter what she looks like, I don't like the stern look (hair pulled back, in combination with these glasses, clothes that sometimes look as it they're a bit too large) she's been having the past few weeks/months.

But as I said, a wonderfull crownprincess who makes her country happy and proud!

t4p the photos GrandDuchess!

I think her glasses looks to much like sunglasses in those photos. With the dark suit they are to much.
When I saw them irl they looked ok, but they dont look good in pictures, way to dark and you cant see her beautiful eyes at all

Did I read that someone thought that perhaps Madeleine was wearing a scarf around her neck at her father's birthday the other day because she might be trying to hide a love bite? Perhaps this is the case with Victoria now, too?!

Thank you very much for posting, GrandDuchess:)

Wow, with that style, Victoria could play the evil one in a lifetime movie ;)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136566http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136572

Hm, why is she always dressed so dark and dull in Sweden?? (I guess today I beat my record of "nagging because of Victoria´s style")
I´ve thought Victoria is a right hander...I´m one, and I always have the fork in the right hand and cut with the knife in the left hand. How do you do?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136572

Lena said:
Thank you very much for posting, GrandDuchess:)

Wow, with that style, Victoria could play the evil one in a lifetime movie ;)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136566

I´ve thought Victoria is a right hander...I´m one, and I always have the fork in the right hand and cut with the knife in the left hand. How do you do?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=136572

A Mafiosa perhaps? :) I feel like I should warn Melissa Gilbert or Tracey Gold or some other brave Lifetime heroine...I use that same method but mainly because my left hand is stronger. I am left-handed. Technically, it is an unusual third way. There are two standard styles. In the American style, one cuts the food by holding the knife in the right hand and the fork in the left hand with the fork tines piercing the food to secure it on the plate. Cut a few bite-size pieces of food, then lay your knife across the top edge of your plate. Then change your fork from your left to your right hand to eat, fork tines facing up while dropping your left hand to your lap. (If you are left-handed, keep your fork in your left hand, tines facing up.) The European or Continental style is the same as the American style in that you cut your meat by holding your knife in your right hand while securing your food with your fork in your left hand. The difference is your fork remains in your left hand, tines facing down, and the knife in your right hand. Simply eat the cut pieces of food by picking them up with your fork still in your left hand. Apparently, this idea goes back to the colonies. The English were among the last Europeans to use the fork.(Forks weren´t regularly used in Europe until the 1700s). Thus, the colonists did this strange switching method. [size=-1]The predominant theory pointing to the origin of the switching method of eating is that many Americans, in the absence of forks, and because knives had come to be designed with blunted ends, began to use their spoons to steady food. They would then switch the spoon to the right hand to scoop up the bite of food because they were accustomed to wielding eating utensils with their dominant hand and because the blunt tip of the knife made this cumbersome. Finding their non-dominant hand (usually the left hand) largely neglected when eating in this manner, American table manners came to adopt the habit of dropping the neglected hand into one’s lap which is still found in many kitchens and dining rooms across the US to this day.

More lessons on dining etiquette later...:)
[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom