Christmas Holidays with the Spanish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They explained it last year, but many do not want to understand... and say how things were years ago.

Normally the Royal Family and the King's sisters and their families dined together on Christmas Eve at Zarzuela and then everyone would have lunch on Christmas Day with in-laws.

Infanta Pilar family began to grow, the sons married, had 9 grandchildren... and stopped going to dinner to Zarzuela. Infanta Elena divorced and she and her children spend both in Zarzuela. Urdangarín family went to live outside of Spain and then came the scandal Noos and changed their plans.

So now they have decided to have lunch together on Christmas Day at Zarzuela. Prince Felipe and girls going to see the King's message to Zarzuela and then return home for dinner with the family of the princess. And on Christmas Day they have lunch with the Royal Family.

Vanitatis invents what they want :eek:...

The House of the King does not make public the plans of the family for Christmas, but the press always write their versions.

According to the newspaper La Razon, King Felipe, Queen Letizia and the girls spent Christmas Eve at home with Rocasolano family.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia spent at home (I think probably with Infanta Elena and her children). After dinner, King Juan Carlos visited the house of her sister Pilar, where Infanta Margarita and her family also had dinner.

On Christmas Day the whole family (including infanta Pilar and infanta Margarita and their families) attended a Mass and had lunch at Zarzuela. They exchanged gifts, and then Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia took the girls to watch a cartoon movie.

Infanta Cristina and her family were not at Zarzuela.

Un amigo invisible muy Real - La Razón digital

The House of the King does not make public the plans of the family for Christmas, but the press always write their versions.

According to the newspaper La Razon, King Felipe, Queen Letizia and the girls spent Christmas Eve at home with Rocasolano family.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia spent at home (I think probably with Infanta Elena and her children). After dinner, King Juan Carlos visited the house of her sister Pilar, where Infanta Margarita and her family also had dinner.

On Christmas Day the whole family (including infanta Pilar and infanta Margarita and their families) attended a Mass and had lunch at Zarzuela. They exchanged gifts, and then Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia took the girls to watch a cartoon movie.

Infanta Cristina and her family were not at Zarzuela.

Un amigo invisible muy Real - La Razón digital

It seems that Elena joined her sister at some point in Vitoria where the Urgandarin family lives
¡HOLA! desvela que las Infantas pasaron juntas la Navidad

The Infanta Margarita has confirmed that Juan Carlos, Sofia, Felipe and Letizia celebrated the traditional Christmas lunch at the Palacio de la Zarzuela on Dec 25.
"We were all," she insisted when asked, detailing that they "had a great time.
By her words, it is assumed that in addition to emeritus and current Kings, also the two sisters of Juan Carlos and their children and grandchildren attended. Only missing family members were Elena and Cristina, who spent the day together in Geneva.

As for Christmas Eve, it is unknown where the Kings went with her daughters.

Felipe y Letizia celebraron comida de Navidad con Juan Carlos y Sofía

The latest reports indicate that Felipe and Letizia have used these days to do some traveling outside Spain with their daughters, possibly somewhere in Europe for skiing, but also emphasize that the King did not travel the same day on December 26 with his family, because of "pending political developments" and that it can now be that it has joined them.

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...-sofia-reyes-felipe-letizia-navidad-zarzuela/

Last edited:
I wonder if at least the King called his sister for Chrismas wishes, or if their relationship has totally drifted apart...

I wonder if at least the King called his sister for Chrismas wishes, or if their relationship has totally drifted apart...

press reports seem to indicate that they don't have a very fluid relationship, which, for the image of felipe and letizia, is to be expected. however, i doubt they have cut all kinds of communication. the relationship may be more distant but on practical terms maybe he has wished him a happy christmas on the phone, mainly to speak with his nephews, most likely.

Cristina & Irene were guests at Leonor's communion, so basic communication is still there, they are family after all and the children are innocent parties. They can't afford to cut all ties, keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

press reports seem to indicate that they don't have a very fluid relationship, which, for the image of felipe and letizia, is to be expected. however, i doubt they have cut all kinds of communication. the relationship may be more distant but on practical terms maybe he has wished him a happy christmas on the phone, mainly to speak with his nephews, most likely.

Perhaps. I have the feelling he has a relationship of courtesy with her and Inaki: I think he calls her to wish her merry chrismas, happy birthday etc, but not more than that. Kids, of course, are another atter, as they are innocent and he surely wants them to bond with his own daughters.

I have no doubt Felipe will have wished his nieces and nephews a merry christmas and probably sent presents for them. As for his sister and brother-in-law, well that's anyones guess

I wonder if Felipe/Letizia and the girls spent the Feast of the 3 Kings evening at Letizia's fathers home?

Back
Top Bottom