Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Future Spencer Family Weddings,congratulations to the couple.

Congratulations to the happy couple!
Greg is a handsome bloke and in the pictures he seems to be great fun. I wonder when and where they will get married. It would be nice to see an Althorp wedding, but they might want to get married in SA where they both grew up.

Charles, Earl Spencer's daughter Lady Charlotte could be a flower girl.

Do you think that Earl Spencer will write a new book about his sister Princess Diana?

why wuold he do that? He hasn't written any book about her..

It seems a long time ago now... I dont know if there were any TV programmes about her this year

November 15th will be the release of 'The Crown' - Season 4 and it will be focused on the princess and her life. For actual documentaries I have not seen any new ones for a while now. Any new information on Diana is like a needle in a hay stack, but the interest is not waning at all, much to the dismay of the haters. She will not be forgotten...and that statue of her will make an impression for decades. Like it or not she will be in the history books.

Do you think that Earl Spencer will write a new book about his sister Princess Diana?

Charles writes books about history. Yes he has done one about the family, but the historical side. I don't see him deciding to write a tell all about his sister.

Charles Spencer's just written a new book called "The White Ship", about the death of Henry The Young King, son of Henry I ... which is quite a change from his books about the Stuart era.

William Adelin was the son of Henry I who died in the White Ship Disaster. Henry the Young King was the son of Henry II.

I'm really facinated by this period of English history (Empress Matilda and the Anarchy especially) which really doesn't get enough attention despite it being pivotal so I'll be interested to read Charles's take on the subject.

Oops, you are quite right! Too early in the morning :) .

I finished reading 'King John' by Marc Morris and I now have a better understanding of the Magna Carta and the details that brought it about as well as the constant battles of power between the aristocracy, the monarchy, and the king of France. So its time to get 'The White Ship' and take the deep dive into that period as well.

Last edited:
I received my copy of 'Althorp: The Story of an English House' by Lord Spencer and it has some interesting unknown aspects of Althorp and its past. I'm still waiting for 'The White Ship' to arrive and looking forward to what it reveals as well. The earl is a very good writer though and well worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom