Charles and Camilla to Marry: February 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/article.adp?id=20050216024109990002

No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

The Queen is reported to have banned Prince Charles from sleeping with Camilla Parker Bowles on the eve of their wedding.

The Sun claims that the monarch has insisted on the nookie ban, despite the fact that Charles and Camilla currently live together at Highgrove.

Royal sources are said to have revealed that the couple have argued in vain against the ban.

They are set to tie the knot in a civil ceremony on April 8, having announced their plans last Friday.

Clarence House has since rejected claims that the marriage would not be legal.

A BBC Panorama investigation revealed there was confusion over whether the heir to the throne's ceremony at Windsor Castle on April 8 would be permitted under current legislation.

The 1836 Marriage Act allowed for civil marriages in England for the first time, with the exemption of the Royal Family.

Legal experts interviewed by Panorama argued that this was updated in 1949 but that no specific changes were made to the royal exemption.

A Clarence House spokesman said: "Legal advice was taken from four different sources and all agreed that it is legal for a member of the Royal Family to marry in a civil ceremony in England."

Constitutional expert and friend of the Prince, Lord St John of Fawsley, branded the programme "an absolute disgrace".
"It's nonsense and nonsense on stilts. The purpose of the explanation in the Act was to safeguard the Royal Family from the side effects such as the banns," he said.

"It was never intended to ban civil marriages as such. The Palace has taken legal advice from the highest authority. The Lord Chancellor has been consulted. Government ministers have been consulted."

He added: "The marriage is valid and Camilla would be Queen."

remember seing a tv piece about charles life until now and he was about 5 years old at a trainstation with his nanny and his mother and father had just come back from a trip abroad.
elizabeth stroked his cheek with her finger and he was looking at other interesting things around him, it looked like if he did not really recognize his mother.
elizabeth took care of him the way she knew best and I think charles (and all the royals) have taken care of william and harry very well (except a small lapse when his uncle wanted to make a tv programme about him, do not remember excactly what that was about)

cut1me said:
i think you guys are being too hard on Charles, maybe he wasnt a good father when Diana was alive even though we dont know that for sure, diana always said charles was a good dad, but since diana died he has always been there for them, i dont think its acting, noone is that good an actor. The pics of them on holiday skying just shows how close they are.

Also when William was in hospital, we dont know maybe charles went after his charity diner, we dont know how he was feeling that night, maybe he didnt want to go but he had to sometmes they dont have choices. he could have been on the phone the whole time he was at the diner for updates

QUOTE ["No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

The Queen is reported to have banned Prince Charles from sleeping with Camilla Parker Bowles on the eve of their wedding.

The Sun claims that the monarch has insisted on the nookie ban, despite the fact that Charles and Camilla currently live together at Highgrove.

Royal sources are said to have revealed that the couple have argued in vain against the ban."]

Where on earth does this sort of rubbish come from?

Warren said:
QUOTE ["No Sex Before Marriage for Charles

Royal sources are said to have revealed that the couple have argued in vain against the ban."]

Where on earth does this sort of rubbish come from?

well the sun is not a VERY good newspaper &
lots of couples descide not to sleep together the night before the wedding (even it they have slept together in the past), it probably is their own descion not their mothers or mother in laws

Alexandria,
asked a question on page 19 on feb 14 re charles being a good son and brother, do you remember where you read what you wrote or was it a general impression?

Blimey - I wonder how she proposes to enforce that ban. Perhaps she's going to have a private detective follow them around 24/7?

trinny said:
you. people. are. fickle.

So you said before. You were asked to provide an explanation. Please do so, with proper regard to the forum rules, of course.

Off-topic circuit breaker...

"Charles and Camilla to Marry" now has well over 400 responses (477 at last count) since February 10th.

Is this a record?

Last edited:
It may be! We usually stop threads at 10 pages and start follow-on ones, but since this thread is about a specific topic of current interest it was decided to let it run.

Isn't there such a saying that seeing the bride the night before the wedding is bad luck? Or is it seeing the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding?

It has been suggested that in the ceremony that Charles and Camilla could repent of their wrongdoings. I wholeheartedly agree with this. And I agree with the Queen not letting them sleep together b/f marriage. Iam glad she is still puttikng her foot down on some matters in this situation.

norwegianne said:
Isn't there such a saying that seeing the bride the night before the wedding is bad luck? Or is it seeing the bride in her wedding gown before the wedding?

A Groom should not see the wedding dress until he sees his bride in the church, registary office etc on the day of the wedding. He should also not see his bride from the night before the wedding until she comes into the church, registary office etc with her dress on that he hasnt seen either... I dont know why, nore do i know why its something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue either and until today... i have never questioned it either... why do we have these peculiar customs???

Spoldger, is there anything you do not know?

Well actualy... and I am sorry to shatter anyones illusions of my perfection but I dont know very much about Molecula Physics... :D .

However on a serious note, I did actualy mean that although I know the tradition that Men must not see their Brides etc before the wedding, I dont know why they must not... and I dont know why a Bride should have something old, new, blue and borrowed... so there you go - I dont know everything :eek: But until someone asked about the tradition I had never questioned it before... so I really must pass this over to a lady who is planning a wedding or has been married as it extends outside my feild of experteese. :eek:

it is just traditional fun blended in with superstition about luck and fertility
the bride throwing her bouquet to the unmarried women, being carried over the threshold, guest throwing rice at the bride and groom...

(sometimes superstitions are primitively cruel, in greece a woman who had been orphaned at an early age told me that she was not allowed in the dressing room of the bride, her cousin, because it might bring bad luck)

I am going off topic, sorry

Splodger said:
Well actualy... and I am sorry to shatter anyones illusions of my perfection but I dont know very much about Molecula Physics... :D .

However on a serious note, I did actualy mean that although I know the tradition that Men must not see their Brides etc before the wedding, I dont know why they must not... and I dont know why a Bride should have something old, new, blue and borrowed... so there you go - I dont know everything :eek: But until someone asked about the tradition I had never questioned it before... so I really must pass this over to a lady who is planning a wedding or has been married as it extends outside my feild of experteese. :eek:

Last edited:
I am sorry to continue the waver in thread conversation, however I have found a webpage to answer the above conversation regarding Wedding Tradtions.

Wedding Traditions Explained

Once again, sorry for degressing from Charles and Camilla but if they are reading they can check out the site too - perhaps it will bring them better luck this time around!

Hope that answers the above conversation... Back to Charles and Camilla

Last Updated: Thursday, 17 February, 2005, 16:48 GMT
o.gif
dot_629.gif

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/email/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4274839.stm
from the bbc:

Prince and Camilla change venue

_40816717_camilla_castle203.jpg
The new venue will allow the public to see the couple arrive and leave

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles have changed the venue for their forthcoming wedding on 8 April.

The pair were set to hold a civil ceremony at Windsor Castle but Clarence House has now confirmed they will marry at the Guildhall in Windsor.

The couple made the decision on the grounds that licensing the royal castle would cause too much disruption.

The wedding will be followed by a prayer service led by the Archbishop of Canterbury at St George's chapel.

Clarence House says the new venue will allow the public to see the newlyweds arrive and leave.

Mrs Parker Bowles has chosen Robinson Valentine to design her wedding outfit and Philip Treacy to design her hat for the ceremony.

Once married, she will take the title of HRH Duchess of Cornwall and then Princess Consort if Charles becomes king.

o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that the Prince of Wales and Mrs Parker Bowles are to marry
end_quote_rb.gif

The Queen

inline_dashed_line.gif

Clarence House statement

A Daily Telegraph poll of 1,313 people suggests two-thirds of Britons support the couple's decision to marry.

But only 40% think Mrs Parker Bowles should become Princess Consort as planned.

Some 47% believe she should have no title, while 7% think she should become queen.

The poll also suggested that the majority of Britons would prefer the monarchy to miss a generation, with the Queen handing the throne to her grandson Prince William, 22, on her death or abdication. Mrs Parker Bowles, 57, said the prince went down on one knee to propose and added: "I'm just coming down to earth." Charles, 56, said he and his wife-to-be were "absolutely delighted".

Why would getting a license be a lot of trouble? They have to prove that the castle can provide enough accomdation for having such an event and safe exit passageways and so forth? It seems strange.

in order to be allowed to have a wedding ceremony in an unusual building you have to apply for permission 3 years on beforehand and it is not just for one event, it would mean that all britons could get married at windsor castle

Good grief. 3 years. Well, I could understand it to a point. All Britons? I´m sure if it was a place of worship, they(the leader of worship or the religious authorities) would have a say in it. But I guess because it´s not a place of worship, it has to be opened to all. If this is all true, then why did they say Windsor castle in the first place?

Best wishes to the couple

I haven't read all the posts on this thread or kept up with the press on it. Having heard Prince Charles wanted to marry her when they were young only he was told no she wasn't suitable I have something I want to say. Both married other people and had children which they love however it was wrong to have denied them the happiness they deserved when young. It is love to have lasted all these years. Best wishes to them and may they have many more years ahead together as a married couple. Lady M

Dennism said:
Good grief. 3 years. Well, I could understand it to a point. All Britons? I´m sure if it was a place of worship, they(the leader of worship or the religious authorities) would have a say in it. But I guess because it´s not a place of worship, it has to be opened to all. If this is all true, then why did they say Windsor castle in the first place?

Good question. Someone who should have been giving advice must have been asleep at the wheel.

The Windsor Court not being on the ball on something? Impossible! What next? A Press related scandal? When pigs fly...

did not listen very well earlier on to the news :

they can get a licence immediately but other couples would be able to marry at windsor castle for the next 3 years

Dennism said:

O, I get it now. That sounds like a good plan though. The Castle may start to look like a chapel in Las Vegas after awhile though...And we don´t want that now. "Get into the queue. The Castle is open for 24 hours. Calling all brides and grooms" ha ha ha.

"BOMBAY (Reuters) - A group of Bombay lunch couriers, charmed by Prince Charles when he paid them a visit last year, have offered him and his newly betrothed traditional Indian gifts for their wedding.The tiffin carriers or dabbawallahs, well-known by management gurus worldwide for their nearly flawless supply chain, have offered a sari and a blouse to Camilla Parker Bowles and a red turban to Charles, heir to the British throne.

"It's our way of expressing gratitude to the prince, who gave us honor by enquiring about our activities and meeting us," said Raghunath Medge, president of the Nutan Mumbai Tiffin Suppliers' Association. "This is not an expensive gift, but it's from the bottom of our heart and we hope he accepts it."The sari, green and nine yards long, will be accompanied by a matching blouse and glass bangles. The dabbawallahs collected about 2,000 rupees ($46) from its members and plan to send the gifts by the end of the week.

The association represents nearly 5,000 tiffin carriers who deliver 150,000 lunch boxes every day from suburban households to offices and schools across India's commercial capital. Prince Charles plans to marry Parker Bowles, his long-time lover, on April 8 at Windsor Castle, west of London."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom