Bridal Tiara Guessing for Up-coming Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can’t wait for that wedding and for you to post the pictures on your blog and can you kindly send me a link to your blog

I don't have a Blog anymore sorry. I guess the Wedding will sometime nest year so we need to have patience.

I don't have a Blog anymore sorry. I guess the Wedding will sometime nest year so we need to have patience.
Ohh! I never got to see your blog. Hopefully we will see pictures next year

I'm predicting Alexandra will wear the Congo Diamond Necklace tiara like her mother and grandmother.

I'm predicting Alexandra will wear the Congo Diamond Necklace tiara like her mother and grandmother.

It will be interesting to see if the Congo necklace tiara is still in the family, it hasn't been seen in a very long time.

I used to think that the vine leaves tiara was destined as the wedding tiara for the GD's children and the smaller floral tiara was meant to be wedding tiara for nieces(-in-law). But then, two of the GD's nieces wore the sapphire laurel tiara and one wore the vine leaves tiara at her pre-wedding ball. So it seems that the brides are offered the choice between several pieces.

My first guess is that Princess Alexandra will wear the vine leaves, it a serious tiara and it looks gorgeous with a veil. I don't expect to see the Congo necklace tiara. Maybe the reference to the Congo is rather problematic these days, and there must be a reason why it hasn't been used for decades. But I do think that GD Josephine-Charlotte's Belgian scroll tiara stands a little chance, as it has history as one of the wedding tiara of JC. Also it has been worn by Princess Sybilla once, so it hasn't always been preserved for the Grand Duchess only.

It will be interesting to see if the Congo necklace tiara is still in the family, it hasn't been seen in a very long time.

I know that it was one of the pieces scheduled to go under the hammer after JC's death years ago, but was saved when Henri cancelled the sale. Perhaps it's just being saved for Alexandra's wedding? She is the only daughter.

I wouldn't mind seeing her in the Belgian Scroll tiara either. Too many of the Luxembourg tiaras are small disappointing affairs, and perhaps Alexandra doesn't want to use the same one that Claire did at her wedding.

For Alexandra's wedding, I think the vine leaves (worn by other brides in the family), or the fence choker (she always uses it, something she's familiar or comfortable with) would be very possible choice. If she wants something smaller I wish it would be the emerald peacock necklace (just because personally I like it:p), or the Congo necklace (sentimental choice, no idea is it still in the family though), but please not those weird bracelet/necklace-tiara. And my wild and the wildest guess would be the Belgian scroll and the empire tiara, afterall she's the only daughter!?

I'm wondering will Alexandra wear tiara in her pre-wedding dinner too.

The small floral I dont see. Its her go to.Weddings call for something special.

The scroll as a nod to her grandmother would be my dream pick.

Not be surprised if vine leaves.

I am pretty sure that Princess Alexandra will chose a wedding tiara that she hasn't worn before. That would rule out the small floral tiara and the choker fence tiara.

For Rajwa Al Saif's possible wedding tiara, maybe she will wear Queen Alia's Cartier tiara. I dislike the tiara but two queens of Jordan have worn the tiara so maybe she will wear that tiara.

For Rajwa Al Saif's possible wedding tiara, maybe she will wear Queen Alia's Cartier tiara. I dislike the tiara but two queens of Jordan have worn the tiara so maybe she will wear that tiara.
According to The Royal Watcher podcast Princess Haya's jewelry was left in Dubai when she escaped so I very much doubt that we'll ever see the tiara again.

According to The Royal Watcher podcast Princess Haya's jewelry was left in Dubai when she escaped so I very much doubt that we'll ever see the tiara again.

Than you for mentioning that. Overall, I hope that Rajwa will receive a new tiara, mostly because I dislike many of the tiaras in the JRF. If she will borrow a tiara, maybe she will borrow any of these:

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/08/31/jordanian-royal-tiaras/

Last edited:
There aren't many modern tiaras that IMO can match up to the ones of the 19th century. But IMHO Queen Alia's Cartier tiara would be one of the more succesful modern tiara designs. Modern, though the tiara is already nearly 50 years old. Another succesful attempt would be the tiara of Queen Noor.

I imagine that the Dubai court would send back the tiara if the King of Jordan requested it, but that may be a naive thought.

A new tiara is therefore perhaps most likely, as Queen Rania's own tiaras are all not terribly elegant.

:previous: Years ago, I thought it would be wonderful if Hussein's future wife wore Queen Noor's Sunburst tiara at her wedding as well as inheriting it. But due to Hamzah's controversies I doubt that will happen. Also, it is possible that Noor no longer has the tiara.

Last edited:
The truth is, Queen Rania doesn't have a very elegant tiara. Perhaps Rajwa will be offered a new tiara, I hope that's what happens.

Even if Princess Haya had access to her tiara, I would doubt that it would be worn at the wedding. Ich the new Princess doesn't get her own, new tiara, she would borrow from her mother-in-law, Queen Rania.

That said, I must agree Queen Alia's tiara is one of the better, if not the best, Jordanian tiara.

And Princess Muna does not have her own tiara, does she?

Her mother wore the main piece, the Dom Luis Diadem, so I hope she follows in her mother's footsteps. If she doesn't wear this one, I hope she picks the Choker tiara - in either case I hope she'll have a better tiara/hair (veil) combo than her mother...

I am afraid the wedding will take place in the same cathedral, which is rather dark and austere, so a beautiful tiara might lighten things up a bit (well, a bride already does so, but with tiara probably even more).

Last edited:
Infanta Maria Francisca de Bragança has announced her engagement. Maybe she will wear any of these tiaras at her wedding:

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/11/22/portuguese-royal-tiaras/

I would like Infanta Maria Francisca to wear Queen D.Amélia's diamond diadem (the Dom Luis Diadem) at her wedding.
It was this tiara that her mother wore at her wedding.

https://fotos.web.sapo.io/i/B9901b292/17276083_G5jEp.jpeg

https://fotos.web.sapo.io/i/Bc6027e85/15893710_QzEju.jpeg

Last edited:
The Dom Luis tiara is the Branganca's most important tiara, and it's usually displayed in a museum afaik. I truely hope that Maria Francesca will wear it, because it's their most beautiful and historical jewel. But I fear that it might be reserved to the wedding of the heir. So Maria Francesca could be stuck with the choker tiara, which in my opinion is rather chunky and unflattering in it's tiara setting. Or with the small bandeau, which can easily get lost in the hair, especially when worn with a veil.

I'm not a fan of the diamond choker as a tiara in its current form,perhaps if a few pearls were added it might improve its appearance

Somehow i have my doubts that Infanta Maria Francisca will wear the Dom Louis tiara as her mother has worn it only a few times. The choker tiara is also not the most beautiful one. I think the floral necklace tiara could work well as bridal tiara.

There's a Wedding of Princess Azemah of Brunei & Prince Bahar Bolkiah between January 15-16. What would the tiara options?

If she will wear a tiara, I predict Princess Iman bint Abdullah will wear Rania's Diamond Floral tiara at her wedding because she wore that tiara in a official photo a couple of days ago.

Now that Princess Iman has worn a pre-wedding tiara, I think that she will also wear one for her wedding. But I'm undecided whether it will be the same, or another one. Maybe she'll get a nice necklace-tiara of her own as a wedding present? At least that's what I'm dreaming up...

For Rajwa Al Saif's possible wedding tiara, maybe she will wear Queen Rania's Diamond Floral Tiara. Would be cute

For Princess Alexandra's possible wedding tiara, maybe she will wear the Chaumet Pearl and Diamond Tiara

Back
Top Bottom