Bridal Tiara Guessing for Up-coming Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it will still be y a year till the religious Wedding. But there has to be another smaller diamond tiara in the Schaumburg.Lippe Family. it was worn by then Hereditary pricnes Lily at the 1993 orw.Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.
Another wedding wihich is upcoming is the wedding of Countess Tatjana of Walburg.-Zeil-Hohenems, oldestm daughtr of herediatary Count FRanz Celemsn.
and recently we have missed a Wedding tiara when Countess Elisabeth of REchberg married Count Benedcit of Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems she wore a small diamond flroal tiara. https://www.nettyroyalblog.nl/engagements-weddings/waldburg-rechberg-marriage-in-times-of-corona/
Schaumburg-Lippe: I didn't know that there's a third Schaumburg-Lippe tiara and haven't seen pictures of Lily wearing it. So that makes me curious.;)

Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems: The wedding tiara of Countess Elisabeth von Rechberg was a very nice surprise to me. I haven't seen any tiara pics from the Hohenems branch of the Waldburg family, nor from the Rechberg family. Maybe Countess Tatjana will wear the same floral tiara, that way we may learn that it is a Hohenems tiara. I hope that they will publish pictures!

Southesk: It's reported that the Earl of Southesk got married today, but I haven't been able to find pictures so far. Since the Five tiara has gone, is there a tiara left in the Duke of Fife's family?

Schaumburg-Lippe: I didn't know that there's a third Schaumburg-Lippe tiara and haven't seen pictures of Lily wearing it. So that makes me curious.;)

Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems: The wedding tiara of Countess Elisabeth von Rechberg was a very nice surprise to me. I haven't seen any tiara pics from the Hohenems branch of the Waldburg family, nor from the Rechberg family. Maybe Countess Tatjana will wear the same floral tiara, that way we may learn that it is a Hohenems tiara. I hope that they will publish pictures!

Southesk: It's reported that the Earl of Southesk got married today, but I haven't been able to find pictures so far. Since the Five tiara has gone, is there a tiara left in the Duke of Fife's family?

Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems: I guess it is a Rechberg tiara as the groom's late mother didn't wear a tiara for her Wedding

Schaumburg-Lippe: found a Pic of Princess Lily wearing the tiara i mentioned: https://seegerpress.wg.picturemaxx.com/?19565225351089065986&MEDIANUMBER=00001519

Southesk: The Fife tiara is gone but as far a i recall the emerald tiara and the fringe tiara which are with it on dsplay still belong to the Family. So perhaps there would be the possibility to use one of them for Wedding.

Last edited:
Southes: The Fife tiara is gone but as far a i recall the emerald tiara and the fringe tiara which are with it on dsplay srill belong to the Family. So perhaps there would be the possibility to use one of them for Wedding.
Someone on twitter just posted that the Fife fringe was taken off display yesterday to be used at the wedding today with a note in its place stating why it was missing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture of the other Schaumburg-Lippe tiara. Wow, that one isn't exactly small, either. It's amazing that this one hasn't been seen more often. It would make a lovely wedding tiara as well.

Let's hope that pictures from the Southesk wedding will be released. The emerald tiara is lovely, but the fringe would make the better wedding tiara, imo.

Prince Louis of Luxembourg has announced his engagement to Scarlett-Lauren Sirgue. Because it will be Louis' second marriage, it may be a small wedding, therefore Scarlett-Lauren may not wear a tiara. Can anyone confirm this?

:previous: Since this is the bride's first wedding, I would not be 100 % certain that it will be a small affair. And whether or not she will wear a tiara probably depends on whether or not there will be a Church wedding after the civil ceremony.

Which depends on when/if Louis will have his first marriage annulled. There is just too much that we don't know yet.

I assume that the Luxembourg wedding tiaras will be in high demand next year: the two Liechtenstein cousins Marie Astrid and Maria Anunciata are reportedly engaged, and the Nassau cousin Prince Constantin has already married civilly last year, announcing a religious wedding to follow. I guess that they will choose between the small floral tiara and the sapphire laurel tiara. Maybe the aquamarine bandeau is also available, it would make a nice wedding tiara, too. The wine leaves tiara is probably reserved for weddings of the GD*s children.

But for Scarlett-Lauren it will depend on whether there has been an annulment for Louis or not. Since the court has nothing announced about an annulment process (and Tessy has not tweeted about it), I assume that they will only have a civil ceremony for the time being. If they can have a religious wedding, she might wear one of the smaller tiaras I mentioned above. This being Louis' second wedding, it's probably not the stunning wine leaves tiara, imo.

It may be Louis' second wedding but it's Scarlett-Lauren's first. Perhaps a tiara (small floral or one of the bandeaus) for the reception.

I assume that the Luxembourg wedding tiaras will be in high demand next year: the two Liechtenstein cousins Marie Astrid and Maria Anunciata are reportedly engaged, and the Nassau cousin Prince Constantin has already married civilly last year, announcing a religious wedding to follow. I guess that they will choose between the small floral tiara and the sapphire laurel tiara. Maybe the aquamarine bandeau is also available, it would make a nice wedding tiara, too. The wine leaves tiara is probably reserved for weddings of the GD*s children.

But for Scarlett-Lauren it will depend on whether there has been an annulment for Louis or not. Since the court has nothing announced about an annulment process (and Tessy has not tweeted about it), I assume that they will only have a civil ceremony for the time being. If they can have a religious wedding, she might wear one of the smaller tiaras I mentioned above. This being Louis' second wedding, it's probably not the stunning wine leaves tiara, imo.

A civil ceremony can perfectly in full gear, with the bride in long dress, veil and diadem.

In the Benelux the overwhelming majority of bridal couples only have a civil ceremony anyway and do this all in full tralala.

It may be Louis' second wedding but it's Scarlett-Lauren's first. Perhaps a tiara (small floral or one of the bandeaus) for the reception.
I have never heard of a civil wedding ceremony with a tiara worn for the reception. That would probably be a first, and I don't think that the Luxembourg court is that avant-garde. Imo, it's more likely that Scarlett-Lauren's first tiara appearance will he at a New Year's Gala.

I have never heard of a civil wedding ceremony with a tiara worn for the reception. That would probably be a first, and I don't think that the Luxembourg court is that avant-garde. Imo, it's more likely that Scarlett-Lauren's first tiara appearance will he at a New Year's Gala.

Máxima and Willem-Alexander
https://bistroberlage.com/wp-conten..._van_Berlage_Koninklijk_Huwelijk-1024x679.jpg

Philippe and Mathilde, Beatrix and Claus, Albert and Paola are examples of civil weddings in full gear.

But they were senior royals and also had a religous service. Im inclined to agree that a wedding "in full regalia" looks out of place in a civil ceremony and when the couple are of a certaiin age....

Those couples had both ceremonies on the same day, afaik. No time planned for changing outfits between ceremonies. But the tiaras where donned because they had the church wedding that day.

i think that there are cases where a couple has a civil wedding a day or two beforehand, and if that's the case they might wear a simpler outfit. But if they are having the civil ceremony on the same day as the religious wedding, yes, they'd wear the full regalia. But Louis and his wife will be having a civil wedding...

Prince Michael of Kent and Marie Christine of Reibnitz did it like this. But they had the reception and Ball in the evening.

Prince Michael of Kent and Marie Christine of Reibnitz did it like this. But they had the reception and Ball in the evening.
I had always assumed that the pictures of her with the fringe tiara were from her church wedding, but now I realize that they are from the wedding ball in Vienna after the civil wedding. So she didn't wear a tiara at the church wedding, which took place later in London?

It would delight me to see the same for Scarlett-Lauren, but I'm not holding my hopes up high. After all, Tessy didn't wear a tiara at all, even though she had a church wedding.

I had always assumed that the pictures of her with the fringe tiara were from her church wedding, but now I realize that they are from the wedding ball in Vienna after the civil wedding. So she didn't wear a tiara at the church wedding, which took place later in London?

It would delight me to see the same for Scarlett-Lauren, but I'm not holding my hopes up high. After all, Tessy didn't wear a tiara at all, even though she had a church wedding.

Far as I can remember Princess Michael didn't have a church wedding for some years after her civil wedding..Imnot sure what she wore.. I dont remember seeing pics of her.. Mabye it was just a private service for the couple and close family and friends.

But they were senior royals and also had a religous service. Im inclined to agree that a wedding "in full regalia" looks out of place in a civil ceremony and when the couple are of a certaiin age....

Prince Louis and Scarlett-Lauren will be approximately the same age as were Willem-Alexander and Máxima, and many other European royal couples, when they married "in full regalia".

Prince Vincenz of Furstenberg is to marry opera singer Georgina Melville.
The Furstenberg Blackened Steel Tiara was sold at auction.
http://www.tiara-mania.com/2015/10/blackened-steel-tiara_30.html
Are there any other Furstenberg tiaras available?
The blackened steel tiara was certainly never meant for weddings, it's more of jewel for mourning.
The Fürstenbergs have, or had, several tiaras. There is a grand diamond and pearl tiara which is probably reserved for the Fürstin. Then there is another grand diamond tiara that was worn by Mathilde Borromeo on her wedding day. Thirdly there is a diamond and turquoise tiara that was also worn by Fürstin Maximiliane at her pre-wedding and was last seen at the wedding of Princess Anna Lucia in 1994.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Will Georgina Melville wear one of those? I hope so, but I am not sure. When Jeannette Griesel married the heir Prince Christian she didn't wear a tiara. Mathilde Borromeo did when she married the younger brother. Now, Georgina Melville is going to marry a younger cousin. So it is difficult to say whether she will be offered to wear a tiara and if she will want to wear one.

Princess Maria Annunciata has married civilly and is planning her religious wedding for Semptember: Princess Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein and Emanuele Musini: 26 June/ xx Sep. 2021
I surely expect her to wear a family tiara :D, probably one from her mother's side of the family. (Her Austrian cousins have also chosen to wear Luxembourg tiaras, and not the peacock motive tiara owned by their father's family.) But who knows? I can't make up my mind right know.;)

Some options are:
- The Luxembourg floral diamond tiara worn by AD Marie Christine and AD Adelaide. I think it's definitely available for her.
- The Luxembourg sapphire laurel bandeau worn by Princess Gabrielle de Nassau and AD Gabriella. Also sure that it's available for her.
- The Liechtenstein fringe tiara. It's rather grand for a fringe and usually worn by the Princess Sophie as the senior lady of the family. So I'm not sure if this tiara would be offered to the daughters of a younger son.
- The Kinsky honeysuckle tiara of the Liechtenstein family. It came into the family with Maria Annunciata's aunt by marriage, who was a countess Kinsky. This tiara has a history as a wedding tiara and was worn by her cousin Tatiana and Angela Brown. But it has never belonged to Maria Annunciata's direct ancestors, so I'm not sure if she wouldn't rather prefer something that has previously belonged to her grandmother, Princess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg.
- The Belgian scroll tiara: has a history as wedding tiara for Josephine Charlotte, but GD Maria Therese hasn't shared it before with any of the other ladies. So maybe not available?
- The Kongo diamond bandeau: has a history as wedding tiara, but hasn't been seen for decades. So maybe not available?
- The Lux. aquamarine bandeau: something blue? Imo it would make a lovely wedding tiara, but it's also a question of personal taste.
- The Lux. vine leaves tiara: has a history as wedding tiara, but might be only available for the GD's children, so maybe not available.
- The sapphire bracelet bandeau: It's rumoured that it now belongs to her mother princess Marghareta, something blue, but imo not the most flattering tiara. I hope not, but who knows.
- The Luxembourg choker tiara: Has been shared by the GD with Stephanie and Alexandra, so maybe available?

Princess Maria Annunciata has married civilly and is planning her religious wedding for Semptember: Princess Maria Annunciata of Liechtenstein and Emanuele Musini: 26 June/ xx Sep. 2021
I surely expect her to wear a family tiara :D, probably one from her mother's side of the family. (Her Austrian cousins have also chosen to wear Luxembourg tiaras, and not the peacock motive tiara owned by their father's family.) But who knows? I can't make up my mind right know.;)

Some options are:
- The Luxembourg floral diamond tiara worn by AD Marie Christine and AD Adelaide. I think it's definitely available for her.
- The Luxembourg sapphire laurel bandeau worn by Princess Gabrielle de Nassau and AD Gabriella. Also sure that it's available for her.
- The Liechtenstein fringe tiara. It's rather grand for a fringe and usually worn by the Princess Sophie as the senior lady of the family. So I'm not sure if this tiara would be offered to the daughters of a younger son.
- The Kinsky honeysuckle tiara of the Liechtenstein family. It came into the family with Maria Annunciata's aunt by marriage, who was a countess Kinsky. This tiara has a history as a wedding tiara and was worn by her cousin Tatiana and Angela Brown. But it has never belonged to Maria Annunciata's direct ancestors, so I'm not sure if she wouldn't rather prefer something that has previously belonged to her grandmother, Princess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg.
- The Belgian scroll tiara: has a history as wedding tiara for Josephine Charlotte, but GD Maria Therese hasn't shared it before with any of the other ladies. So maybe not available?
- The Kongo diamond bandeau: has a history as wedding tiara, but hasn't been seen for decades. So maybe not available?
- The Lux. aquamarine bandeau: something blue? Imo it would make a lovely wedding tiara, but it's also a question of personal taste.
- The Lux. vine leaves tiara: has a history as wedding tiara, but might be only available for the GD's children, so maybe not available.
- The sapphire bracelet bandeau: It's rumoured that it now belongs to her mother princess Marghareta, something blue, but imo not the most flattering tiara. I hope not, but who knows.
- The Luxembourg choker tiara: Has been shared by the GD with Stephanie and Alexandra, so maybe available?

If she choses a Liechtenstein tiara my guess is that i won't be the Kinsky Honeysuckle tiara as it was bought by Fürst Hans Adam for his wife. Another although quiet small option would be the diamond element worn by Princess Nora for her wedding. And Princess Margaretha also owns a convertible necklace/tiara which she has worn in the 1980's but i believe hasn't been seen for years now.

If she choses a Liechtenstein tiara my guess is that i won't be the Kinsky Honeysuckle tiara as it was bought by Fürst Hans Adam for his wife. Another although quiet small option would be the diamond element worn by Princess Nora for her wedding. And Princess Margaretha also owns a convertible necklace/tiara which she has worn in the 1980's but i believe hasn't been seen for years now.
I had forgotten about Princess Nora's small ornament. It will be very disappointing if Princess Maria Annunciata is going to wear this small thingy.
Also, I'm not fond of the Princess Margaretha's necklace/tiara, but you are right: it's a possibility that I had forgotten about.

So I was wrong about the bridal tiara of Princess Maria Anunciata of Liechtenstein. I didn't expect the Liechtenstein fringe, though I'm delighted because it's a gorgeous tiara and it looked stunning on the beautiful bride.

Now it will be the turn of her younger sister Maria Astrid. Will she wear the same tiara? Or does she prefer one of the other tiara possibilities? My guess is that she'll wear the fringe as well, but I can't wait to see pics from the next wedding.:D

We don't have pics of Annunciata Wedding and the Ball at the Liechtenstein Palace ! only instagrams pictures taken by guests ?
For the coming Wedding , I don't think the Fringe a second time , perhaps the tiara bracelet from the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte

The big one not the small one which was used for the Weddings of Princess Marie Astrid 3 Children

Back
Top Bottom