Bowing and Curtseying

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monarchs (differing countries) don't curtsey to each other do they?

MM

IloveCP said:
Here is a video of people curtsying to royals.

Curtsying ‏ - YouTube

Wow the Spanish curtesy deep and who was Anne curtesying too on the pic when she was older? (her wedding obviously her mother but what about the other picture) And MM just curtesies to everyone huh? Kings, Queens, Princess Victoria, Camilla etc....

Midwestern Mom said:
Monarchs (differing countries) don't curtsey to each other do they?

MM

Reigning monoarchs do not - no

MRSJ said:
Wow the Spanish curtesy deep and who was Anne curtesying too on the pic when she was older? (her wedding obviously her mother but what about the other picture) And MM just curtesies to everyone huh? Kings, Queens, Princess Victoria, Camilla etc....

Anne might be curtseying to Queen Sonja of Norway but I'm not entirely sure.

I saw the video.
Crown Princess Mette Marit curtsying to Camilla? :eek:
Unbelievable

Meet and greet between King and 'Crown Prince'

An interesting picture of the King of Bhutan and the Prince of Wales greeting each other in London, November 24...
...a slight bow and two-handed handshake from HM, and a deferential bow of the head from HRH.

-> King of Bhutan & POW

Yoko Ono shows due deference

Yoko Ono flew in from New York to meet the Queen yesterday in Liverpool at a museum which includes Beatles memorabilia. Yoko was very deferential.
This link to the London Telegraph includes a video of YO and HM.

v Here's a screen cap of Yoko's deep curtsey.

Attachments

• Yoko Ono curtsies to HM Nov2011.jpg
    Yoko Ono curtsies to HM Nov2011.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:
Boy, princess Diana really knew how to do an elegant, graceful, and respectful way.....I miss that about her!

Can anyone direct me to the post, if there is one here, where Mette-Marit makes a lovely curtsey to Queen Elizabeth at the dinner before her wedding? Thank you.

How charming is this to see. CP Mary appears to me in another astonishing light.

Can anyone direct me to the post, if there is one here, where Mette-Marit makes a lovely curtsey to Queen Elizabeth at the dinner before her wedding? Thank you.

Queen Elizabeth did not attend Mette Marit's wedding or maybe you mean before she was married all together anyway;
This picture of MMs curtsey to Queen Elizabeth at a dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth at the British Ambassador to Norway's residence in 2001.

Queen Elizabeth did not attend Mette Marit's wedding or maybe you mean before she was married all together anyway;
This picture of MMs curtsey to Queen Elizabeth at a dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth at the British Ambassador to Norway's residence in 2001.

That's it, thank you. I knew this took place prior to M-M's wedding and for some reason I though it was at the occasion I mentioned. Anyway, that is such a beautiful obeisance to the Queen, one of the most graceful I've ever seen.

Looks like the camera cut away just at the crucial moment at Diana's wedding. Really too bad they don't allow for more cameras and angles at these weddings!

Looks like the camera cut away just at the crucial moment at Diana's wedding. Really too bad they don't allow for more cameras and angles at these weddings!

I remember reading that the BBC caught hell for not clearly capturing the moment Diana curtsied to the Queen and they would not make the same mistake at William and Kate's wedding. I'm glad they caught the latter moment clearly. :)

Photos of Diana curtseying to the Queen at her wedding:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/C...ot-110428-diana-curtsy-1120a.photoblog600.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Orig-Princes...h-/00/$(KGrHqQOKjwE2LgMfPY5BNs43+M()!~~_3.JPG

Zara curtesying to her grandmother:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/06/article-1042392-05F1E4110000044D-547_468x379.jpg

Will and Kate bowing to the Queen:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01884/Curtsy_1884574c.jpg

By the way,does anyone have pictures of Elizabeth II curtseying when she was a princess?

I admit, I love those deep kneebends with head bowed as Diana and Mette-Marit performed before the Queen. That's the epitome of old-fashioned grace and style like those at formal Court presentations in bygone days.

Last edited:
Aww, I love that double curtesy, especially from a king, no less!

Back
Top Bottom