Books on the Swedish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yennie said:
almost :) There´s still some from the earlier years I have to find, but the latest ones I have

i was thinking of buying some books due to that i want the photos of the jewllery are there many photos of tiaras and necklaces in the books and if are there photos that we have not seen on the board here?

Josefine said:
i was thinking of buying some books due to that i want the photos of the jewllery are there many photos of tiaras and necklaces in the books and if are there photos that we have not seen on the board here?
not that many photos of tiaras. There is ofcourse photos from Nobel and other events...

Yes, there are some photos in the books that I had not seen before. Now I have the whole collection and I would say its worth buying them.
Try Tradera.se and see if there´s some used books there. usually they are between 20-50 sek

i will try to borrow some of the books at the libary at the moment i am only intrested in photos where one can see the jewllery of the swedish ladies

Last edited:
Josefine said:
has anyone found a cover of DET KUNGLIGA ÅRET 2004

Here´s the covers for 2004 and 2005(!).
Weird that the book for the year 2005 is already out... its only august :)

Attachments

• 2004mini.jpg
    2004mini.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 998
  • det kungliga året 2005.jpg
    det kungliga året 2005.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 626
It seems "Vär Kungafamilj 2005" is already on the market. Otherwise it wouldn´t be offered on (german) Ebay.

20052xx.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.at/Koenigin-Silvia-Victoria-Schweden-Semic-2005-Book-NEU_W0QQitemZ8722572358QQcategoryZ21678QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

"Det kungliga året" is usually coming out later??...or was it already released in August...or only the cover :confused:

Last edited:
Are there any books on Carl Philip or Madeleine?

Are there any books in English not just swedish, that we can find in Australian bookstores?

Are there any books about the King and Queen of Sweden regarding the 60ths birthday of King Carl Gustaf or the wedding anniversary (or 30 years as Queen)?
Could some of our swedish members please post the titles?
And do you know about "special magazines" (in german we call it "Sonderhefte", I don't know the correct term in english) to come?
Thank you in advance.

SusanneSNS said:
Are there any books about the King and Queen of Sweden regarding the 60ths birthday of King Carl Gustaf or the wedding anniversary (or 30 years as Queen)?
Could some of our swedish members please post the titles?
I posted about this at the end of 2005 when the news came about the publishing houses plans for royal books during this special year of 2005. You can find the info here. Number 1, 2 & 4 are already out, the rest will be released shortly.

Unfortunately I don't think these books will be published in English.

Thank you!

Thank you, GrandDuchess, for your efforts.

Unfortunately - as you said it - most of the books are not available in English (or even better would be German!). But nevertheless the pictures are worth buying the books.

More interesting books:

"Drottning Silvia"
by Christina Magnergård Biers
ISBN: 9789188595898
Swedish
http://www.adlibris.se/product.aspx?isbn=9188595897

"Drottning Silvias festklänningar: och de kungliga smyckena"
by Cay Bond
Redaktör: Göran Alm
ISBN: 9789173531306
Swedish

http://www.bokrecension.se/9173531308
http://www.adlibris.se/product.aspx?isbn=9173531308

Drottning Silvias festklänningar : och de kungliga smyckena

"Älskade Silvia: 30 år som Sveriges drottning: vännerna berättar"
by Jan Törnqvist
Förlag: Prisma Bokförlag
ISBN: 9789151846002
Swedish
http://www.adlibris.se/product.aspx?isbn=9151846004

"Silvia och Kungen"
by Bobby Andstrom
Publisher: Seelig
Swedish
ISBN: 978-9170086588
Amazon.com
http://www.tradera.com/Silvia_och_Kungen-auktion-40661311

"Silvia Drottningen"

by Christine Samuelson
http://www.bokborsen.se/Christine++Samuelson-begagnad-bok-till-salu4033266_1.htm

"King Gustave of Sweden"

by Basil Herbert
Publisher: S. Paul & co
English
ASIN: B000877CME
Amazon.com

"Northern Crowns: The Kings of Modern Scandinavia"
by John Van Der Kiste
Publisher: Sutton Pub
October 1998
English
ISBN: 978-0750918121

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you like it?
Finally I've got a copy of Victoria, Victoria, too!
Going to bed to read it now. :)
The photos are very nice already and I have seen many of them never before.

Is "Victoria,Victoria!" in english?

[Bernadotte children] "Kungliga barn" by Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg (2012)

Victoria's former mentor and the former marshall of the court Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg has written a book of the Bernadotte children ''Kungliga barn', 'The Royal children'.

Tarras-Wahlberg presents four generations of Bernadottes from christening to choice of the perfect stuffed animal to adventures like skiing and climbing apple trees. Included in the book are well-chosen letters for the baptism bookmarks, and photographs meant to illustrate what it is like to be the heir to the Swedish throne.

Bonnier Fakta - Kungliga barn
Google translation

The book will be released in June by Bonnier Fakta.

At the book there are also new, never published photos of princess Estelle.
"Den här boken är en riktig pärla" | Läslust | Kampanjsida
Google translation

v cover
reproduced for promotional purposes

Attachments

• Kb.jpg
    Kb.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 606
Last edited by a moderator:
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg tells about her book "Kungliga barn". Victoria and Daniel saw the first version and wanted to give Elisabeth private photos of Estelle to the book, there are four unpublished photos at the book. Elisabeth has visited Haga Palace when Estelle was a month old.
I don't know who took the photos and I didn't ask of it. Victoria and Daniel are safe and natural and take parenting very seriously. They are a strong couple, Daniel is very ambitious, warm and enthusiastic. There is Daniel and Victoria are very similar, Elisabeth says.
Nya bilder på lilla prinsessan Estelle | Nyheter | Expressen |
Google translation

Unseen pictures?

Has anybody bought this book and can tell me if there really are yet unseen, new photos of Estelle? Thank you!

Looks like a wonderful book, thank you, LadyFinn.

Here's a scan of Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg's interview in Svensk Damtidning. There is one of the photos at the book, of a sleeping Estelle.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Thank you very much, LadyFinn, for posting this scan of the pictures in Svensk Damtidning. :flowers:
The picture of little Victoria with her daddy is absolutely beautiful. And sleeping Estelle is adorable. :wub:

I thought it was a picture of Carl Philip! LOL

I just received 3 book about the Swedish Royals. I have Carl XVI Gustaf and Victoria Kronprinsessan av Sverige both by Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and Silvia och Kungen by Bobby Andstrom... does anybody else have these or any other recommendations of books about the Swedish Royals (that I can get in the US)? I find it difficult to find books that ship to the US (I don't mind if they are in a different language)

Forum Publishing House published today Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall's book "Carl Philip: Prinsen som inte fick bli kung" ("Carl Philip: The Prince who didn't get to be a King").
Forum Bokförlag

Lindwall has earlier written books Victoria: Princess Private and Madeleine: Princess Private. The court marshal told that Victoria had said that the book of her is full of mistakes.

are there any in the yearly books about the royal jewlery - maybe it was Det kungliga året 2003 or maybe 2005, does anyone have these books i maybe can take a look.
and what books is published every year
There have been
Vårt kungapar - between what years?
Vår Kunga familj - between what years?
Det kungliga året - between what years?
Vår kungafamilj i fest och vardag - between what years?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom