A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say these things not to put down Harry, but to help him. If my commentary gets through to him and he gives it some thought, I will feel that I have accomplished something good.

Harry has enormous untapped strengths that I feel are going wasted (and no, I don't feel that pulling triggers from apache helicopters is a life well lived).

See, and this is exactly what I'm talking about- I find it really, really silly to think that any of us can possibly glean enough psychological insight into Harry or into any of the various members of the royal family through what we read in the very carefully controlled and filtered information that appears in the tabloids to be qualified to offer therapeutic advice. And if I were him, I'd be very creeped out that total strangers were trying to offer me advice on intimacy and processing emotions.

Yes, his parents had an ugly divorce and that appeared all over the papers, but that was also when Harry was a child. He's had 15 years to process it, to work through it, all with help from his brother and father and also- he has access to the best therapists money can buy should he have need of them.

Your analysis of him sounds to me more like a tabloid fantasy of who he is- a continuation of the dramatic saga of Charles and Diana. It sounds like projection to me, not like actual insight into him as a person, and personally, I find that stuff discomfiting exactly because it had such a negative effect on the royal family at the time.

And it's fine if you don't think that a military career and fighting for his country contributes anything of value, but there are many, many people who would vehemently disagree with you. I'd also point out that the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry has done some really fantastic work and that he's been putting energy into that for years.

For me- and others are of course, free to disagree- there are many subjects it's very fun to speculate on when it comes to the members of the royal family, but I also think we can't lose sight of the fact that they're strangers and we know nothing of their real personalities or goals or relationships. Speculating on the type of girl Harry might wind up with seems fun, but speculating about his emotional capacity to handle relationships seems both intrusive and like it's not grounded in any real fact.

:previous:

I don't read the tabloids. I've read several books on Will and Harry and their family.

:previous:

I don't read the tabloids. I've read several books on Will and Harry and their family.

So have most of us. The books available on William, Harry and their parents are written almost exclusively by tabloid writers and by people relying on unconmfirmed reports and anonymous sources. The people who actually know the princes do not talk about them to the press. There have been no authorized books on either William or Harry.

So have most of us. The books available on William, Harry and their parents are written almost exclusively by tabloid writers and by people relying on unconmfirmed reports and anonymous sources. The people who actually know the princes do not talk about them to the press. There have been no authorized books on either William or Harry.

What I find most odd about your posts is your direct attacks on me, "tabloid fantasy," "projection," (what do you know of my inner feelings and life experiences to actually deduce projection?), and all in defense of someone, whom you say, you don't really know. What do you know about me to deduce that I have "fantasies" as opposed to conclusions based upon fact, logic and reason?

Courtiers have leaked plenty of information (and will continue to do so), friends have been know to also leak information (they get kicked out of their circle) and their phones were tapped in the past, giving us all plenty of fodder. I'd say we are well informed, all be it not accurate. Information is always someone's take on what happens regardless of what agenda the writer might have. History is written in such a way I think. Nothing is ever accurate, only God has the truth.

In the meantime we ALL like to speculate. We all want to problem solve. We all need to help the BRF lead a better life because ours is just perfect thank you very much!:lol:

Take it easy folks. Each to their own, no need for personal attacks.

Yes, Mermaid, perhaps Harry does need someone who is at least partially opposite to the long-legged blonde type some have described. I have already suggested someone studious and scholarly (although attractive as well) might be good to settle Harry. Like that family whose name I forget who have five scholars in the younger generation, one of whom married Lord Nicholas Windsor and one of whom is a "Don" (teacher) at either Oxford or Cambridge, and one of whom was HGD Guillaume's witness to his marriage. Or one of the daughters of George, the heir to the Duke of Kent (George is married to a female Cambridge "Don", who specializes in History). Just eliciting a type, a person who is thoughtful and studious. Which of course does not exclude the lawyerly Chelsy, although my experiences with Law students in grad school made me prefer Engineers any day at all.

Maybe Chelsy of the blonde hair and law degree. Would be very nice.

Last edited:
I find it psychologically interesting that Harry's taste in women seems stuck on leggy blondes with a somewhat defiant streak in their character. Looking for a replacement for his mother perhaps???

He has dated brunettes also. As for the "defiant streak", how do you come to that conclusion by seeing a few pictures of the girls? The only long relationship he has was Chelsy, and the only one we have a remote idea of her personality.

What I find most odd about your posts is your direct attacks on me, "tabloid fantasy," "projection," (what do you know of my inner feelings and life experiences to actually deduce projection?), and all in defense of someone, whom you say, you don't really know. What do you know about me to deduce that I have "fantasies" as opposed to conclusions based upon fact, logic and reason?

Nothing I said was expressed as an attack on you personally. I just disagree vehemently with most of what you post regarding Prince Harry and the way that it's generally expressed.

I actually like a lot of your other posts- you can be quite funny. I've just noticed that in this forum particularly, you seem to post with the idea that you have intimate knowledge of Harry's personality, capabilities, and his ability to cope in a relationship that in my opinion, is not based on any available fact. I've also read extensively about Princes William and Harry, and have never read anything that suggests that Harry is emotionally unstable, needy, or unable to maintain a relationship.

In fact, the only relationship of his that we know about, the only one he's ever been public about lasted for many, many years- and the two seem to have parted amicably. (Or at least no reports of acrimony have ever been made public)

I don't know you, or your inner feelings, or your life- other than the fact that you're probably not a personal friend of Prince Harry's, and therefore it's unlikely you know enough about him to deduce most of what you've put forward regarding his state of mind.

And I really hate anyone implying that a career in the military is somehow inferior or not a real contribution to the world. That's a personal opinion that I'm sure is shared by military families the world over.

I don't mean at all that a life in the military is at all inferior. I just think Harry has enormous capacities in other areas, such as charity and altruism and that's where I'd like to see him focus his talents.

I like Harry, and I hope he lives a happy and productive life.

Maybe Chelsy of the blonde hair and law degree.

Don't forget that Chelsy's undergraduate degree was in Economics. The Law was a post-graduate qualification.

I think she's the perfect partner for Harry, but she won't live in the Royal fishbowl.

I actually like a lot of your other posts- you can be quite funny. I've just noticed that in this forum particularly, you seem to post with the idea that you have intimate knowledge of Harry's personality, capabilities, and his ability to cope in a relationship that in my opinion, is not based on any available fact. I've also read extensively about Princes William and Harry, and have never read anything that suggests that Harry is emotionally unstable, needy, or unable to maintain a relationship.

I guess the military tends to assess people repeatedly before they allow them to go into combat as an Apache gunner. At least I hope so. Plus it is known that early on Charles tried to convince Diana that counceling might be a good idea. So where does the idea come from that Harry never had counceling?

I have made my opinions known on Harry's readiness for marriage several days ago. I will not change them and I really don't care who disagrees on the matter.

Jeez talk about jumping down someone's throat. I read your previous post, nowhere does it mention Henry 'evolving' or what he should evolve into which is what I asked you.

If you jump at people for asking you a simple question, and think they're questioning your entire belief system, I don't think you'll get far in what is a discussion forum!

I think we need to focus and keep personal responses and attacks to ourselves. Harry's future wife? Anybody?

I think we need to focus and keep personal responses and attacks to ourselves. Harry's future wife? Anybody?

There used to be a time where this thread has "suggestions" of girls, pictures and information of potential wives. Unfortunately they've all gone off and got married and Henry hasn't. Henry has less and less chance of marrying a girl in British Nobility, should he wish.

There used to be a time where this thread has "suggestions" of girls, pictures and information of potential wives. Unfortunately they've all gone off and got married and Henry hasn't. Henry has less and less chance of marrying a girl in British Nobility, should he wish.

He is only 28 and the British aristocracy is comprised of hundreds of families. He cannot be the last single person of his generation, surely there must still be a few single ladies in Burkes but I doubt he will limit himself to such families. There are usually quite a few single ladies around the polo fields each season and there is certainly no need for him to rush to the altar.

Honestly, I get very uncomfortable when we delve into anything as speculative and personal as how Harry's mother's death affected him and his ability to have personal relationship. First of all- we have no idea at all. The only thing we know about Harry is that he maintained a long term and ostensibly happy relationship with someone he might have been very happy to marry had the circumstances of his life been different.

Second- I feel like it crosses a line. Maybe I'm being silly, but I can't imagine anyone would be happy to have things so intimate speculated on by strangers.

Am I the only one that gets that feeling?

No you are not. I too am concerned we are creating an environment which feeds negatively on the royals which we start out admiring. Are we the people that the paps say they are there to supply?

I admit I'm still working through my own answer to that. I'm working out whether I should be contributing at all

It's the "I can read Harry through accessing the media" crap that I don't like. No way! You might be able to read the mind of a journalist, but that's it.

Amateur psychologists abound on these forums and 99% of what they say is rubbish. I think that all posters should make it clear when they are guessing. And cut the "its obvious......" stuff. Unless of course they are behavioural scientists and then they should say so.

I prefer that we stick with facts.

I think if there were red arrows on here, I'm gonna get hit.

If we go back to nominating potential wives (as the name of this thread suggests) my vote is for Ines Sophia Niarchos, daughter of Daphne Guiness. Why?! Because Daphne Guiness would be the most entertaining mother-in-law in the world!

^^ I love Daphne and Ines seems to be lovely, but isn't she a bit young? (how old is she anyway?)

Sofia turns 18 this year. No one wants to see that match. Daphne would be a hoot for the paps.

At the risk of feeling and looking ridiculously stupid, who is she? And like Lumutqueen said are there no longer any royal or aristocratic ladies out there? Is the list really exhausted or are the women just in hiding?

At the risk of feeling and looking ridiculously stupid, who is she? And like Lumutqueen said are there no longer any royal or aristocratic ladies out there? Is the list really exhausted or are the women just in hiding?

I'm still here! (Waves)

Queen of the Lumuts, I hope that we will still be good friends, especially with my birthday approaching.

Who is who? Daphne Guiness?

I think he should marry Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily Hutchence-Geldorf (as long as she is over 18 - is she?). I think the name would look quite nice on royal proclamations.

Anyone who has been surnamed Niarchos and Guinness might be guessed to be rich. I suppose that would help. Harry did inherit a little from Diana, does not have to marry money, I assume. The Queen helps those who need it desperately in her family. Niarchos and Guinness sounds bad, although the young lady may be nice. Maybe she could overcome this handicap.

Last edited:
sorry, but why does Niarchos and Guinness sound bad?

sorry, but why does Niarchos and Guinness sound bad?

The DM would have a field day recounting all the family marital scandals. They make the Windsors look like paragons of virtue.

I think he should marry Heavenly Hirani Tiger Lily Hutchence-Geldorf (as long as she is over 18 - is she?). I think the name would look quite nice on royal proclamations.

:lol: Sadly, she's only 16. But in a few years...............

Daphne Guiness is an heiress, artist and socialite famous for her collection of haute couture fashion (it seems, the more avant garde, the better). Her father, Jonanthan Guiness, is the 3rd Baron Moyne and a direct heir in the famous Guiness beer company. Her father's mother, Diana Mitford, was one of the famous Mitford sisters. Her great aunt is the dowager Duchess of Devonshire. She married Spyros Niarchos, who was best man at Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August's wedding (the two men are good friends). So, Daphne is fairly connected in terms of noble roots. I think it's also safe to say that she is widely regarded as an eccentric.

Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 Photo 4 Photo 5

Clearly, my suggestion that her daughter marry Prince Harry was a little cheeky and an attempt to lighten up the conversation on this thread. However, writing this explanation has reminded me that Daphne's niece, Eugenie Niarchos, is just two years younger than Harry and quite a beauty...

Eugenie photo 1 Eugenie photo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom