70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seto said:
I think Mathilde's dress is different it certainly isn't what she usually wears . It is good she is trying something new I wish a few of the others would.

Agreed but it is a bit hollywoodish kind of thing IMO. More suited for the oscars on Monday than here.

I love Victoria's dress but I wish she would have worn the matching earrings, pin, and tiara. That would have been stunning. :)

BeatrixFan, I thought you, of all people, would love the gown worn by Mathilde. I love it and I believe the use of fabric, the overexaggerated train, and color looked fantastic. I like the fact that she didn't play it safe.

Goodness me no. The heaxgons look too shiny and plasticky - are we sure Princess Elisabeth did make this dress for Mummy at nursery school? She should have gone along the lines of Grand Duchess Marie-Theresa who looks stunning. (+ Josephine-Charlotte forgive me)

I agree with you about Queen Anne Marie, nonetheless, she looks great.
She does. Looks amazing. But in 20 years, every banquet, wedding, anniversary and birthday will have this woman standing there with a beautiful face and figure, clad in the same old blue outfit and parure. Alright, she's a bit hard up being an exile but do us a favour.

She does. Looks amazing. But in 20 years, every banquet, wedding, anniversary and birthday will have this woman standing there with a beautiful face and figure, clad in the same old blue outfit and parure. Alright, she's a bit hard up being an exile but do us a favour

:lol:

Write her a letter expressing your concerns, and in the letter, why don't you give her some suggestions. I'm being silly, BeatrixFan. Despite the over use of the gown, at least she can still fit in it, right?

Mathildes dress reminds me of the exploded tomato, that Maxima wore in Sweden:lol:

Mary - I stick with my opinion of the gown - it's beautiful, but I have to admit that I am disappointed. I was expecting a new gown. Anyways, I think Mary looked very regal and beautiful tonight. I JUST WISH SHE HAD WORN A NEW DRESS :sad: :sad:

Victoria - Funny idea about matching the dress and the jewels, but the fabric of the dress isn't really working for me, and she somehow looked drab tonight, I think it's the makeup that does it. Beautiful necklace though.

Mathilde - Ugly, ugly dress, but doesn't she just have the loveliest face? Her makeup is perfect, best of all ladies, hair is beautiful, so she gets away with it. It looks like she gained some weight, which really looks good on her.

Maxima - She looks very beatiful. Every inch stunning. She's wearing very beautiful colors, that complements her skin- and hairtone. I love her hair, and I am so jealous of that tiara and those earings. Laurentien, Mabel and Maxima are so lucky, too have such a generous mother-in-law! :rolleyes:

Mette-Marit - I love the dress' fabric, but I am not too keen on Mette-Marit's hair and/or makeup. She looks nice tonight.

I absolutly love the official photos!!! everybody look so happy!
maxima is radiant!!!!
the martha louise's girls are so so adorables!

Henri M. said:
The size and the quality of diamonds do define their glitter.
The diademes by Princess Laurentien and Princess Mabel did glitz quite a lot but these are set 'en tremblant' (a special technique in which the diamonds can move in their setting) which cause the sparkle.

You can see this with the top diamonds on Crown Princess Mary's diademe: they glittered more than the others because they are bigger and are more open to reflect and refract the light.

Most other ladies had small brilliants and quite fixed in a frame which causes less glitzing and glamming and gloria.

(Click twice to blow the picture!!!)

http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehuset/26/65/storage/file.image.jpg/Scale?geometry=3000x2000>&Set:quality=100

Thanks for the explanation Henri,my "stunning" was extended to Princess Máxima herself as well,she's drop dead gorgious even when carrying Alexander's birthday present..:flowers:

fee said:
Mathildes dress reminds me of the exploded tomato, that Maxima wore in Sweden:lol:

My thoughts were also in the same direction. :lol: But as of now I am sitting on the fence waiting for some more pictures before passing the verdict......

Queen Sonja looks fantastic imo, in her beautiful emerald green dress.
La Princesse Mathilde looks stunning in her high fashion couture gown...WoW! I think all the other Crown Princesses looked better lastnight.

Despite the over use of the gown, at least she can still fit in it, right?
Definately. Nothing worse than June busting out all over in February. I knew it would be the pink or the blue gown she pulled out. I'd like to see her in something a bit bolder, less shiny and a different tiara.

Wow, This is Great. :wub:

Mette-Marit is stunning:D

On latest pictures CP Maxima hair and especially skin looks fantastic.

Pregnancy and no more cigarettes. :)

BeatrixFan, I'm shocked too! ;) I thought you would have loved Mathilde's dress. Please, don't shoot me, but I think she's the belle of the ball.
I also love Mary's dress a great deal, I'm glad she recycled it!

Btw, I think that Maria-Teresa's dress was in the Elie Saab bag yesterday. A beautiful gown, if you ask me.

Please, don't shoot me, but I think she's the belle of the ball.
Where did I put that rifle? ;)

Alisa said:
Queen Sonja looks fantastic imo, in her beautiful emerald green dress.
I agree! I love this dress, too! Finally she chose a dress that doesn't hide everything. She's slender enough to wear a dress like this! :flowers:

I have to note that down somewhere: new dresses for all 3 Norwegian Royal Ladys! That doesn't happen very often! :lol: 1 time in 100 years.
I love Märtha's dress. Her dress-choices were all perfect!

it's the first time that mabel used a tiara since her wedding?

When i looked at the group photoes i wondered why Maxima doesnt have a Norwegian (St. Olav am I right?) order?
The rest of the crownprincesses have it

Another Mabel :bang: :ROFLMAO:

???

I really want full-lenght picture of Mabel beacuse her dress on group photo looks nice.
I think that gown and handbag of Princess Astrid are awful and emerald necklace with deep blue gown :wacko:

Last edited:
Then where is Mabel of the Bows and Bras?:ermm:

fee said:

Hmm,I think both dresses are works of art really,absolutely of the beaten path of straples/spaghettio's.Both can pull off whatever they wear and get away with it... :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom