70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her_Majesty said:
It's nice to see that all 3 Dutch Couples will attend! I wonder if we will see Princess Mabel with a Tiara.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm..... Mabel with a tiara....do they have a tiara with bows on it? ;)

LadyK said:
Hmmmm..... Mabel with a tiara....do they have a tiara with bows on it? ;)

maybe to model by victor and rolf ;)
a new tiara for the netherlands!!! :ROFLMAO:

perhaps her wedding tiara! I hope so!
and perhaps princess Maxima a new version of a tiara or the stuart-diamond tiara

Six (maybe seven) royals from the Netherlands

We only know this news from a royalty-watcher in the daily program Boulevard (Peter van der Vorst). There are already people speculating on diademes, but there is no any confirmation at all... so, let us not become too overenthusiastic.

But Peter van der Vorst has strong cards to play on these six, because the three couples have a link with the Norwegian royal family:

HRH The Prince of Orange
HRH Princess Máxima
Princess Máxima is a godmother to Prince Sverre Magnus

HRH Prince Friso
HRH Princess Mabel
The King of Norway is a godfather to Prince Friso

HRH Prince Constantijn
HRH Princess Laurentien
Princess Laurentien is a godmother to Leah Isidora Behn

If (if...) all these six go to Norway indeed, I expect Queen Beatrix to join the party as well. I can not imagine her remaining in The Hague while the gotha assembles together.

Last edited:
I will look foreward to this event.I love to see the Gala Dresses and what jewels they will wear.I would also like to see The Duchess of Cornwell attend.

Godchild / guests of honour at wedding

Maxie said:
Because Friso and Mabel are no longer members of the royal house anymore. It would lift more than one eyebrow if they would officially represent the Netherlands at such a party, I think. But on the other hand, what if they're invited? One never knows! ;)

Prince Friso is a godchild of the King. And remember that The King and Queen were the guests of honour at his wedding with Mabel. His attendance is the most logical.

By the way, royals do not 'represent' the State of the Netherlands. There is no request from the Government to represent the country. For this noble duty there is an excellent working diplomatic service with embassies and consulates all over the world.
:flowers:

Henri M. said:
We only know this news from a royalty-watcher in the daily program Boulevard (Peter van der Vorst). There are already people speculating on diademes, but there is no any confirmation at all... so, let us not become too overenthusiastic.

But Peter van der Vorst has strong cards to play on these six, because the three couples have a link with the Norwegian royal family:

HRH The Prince of Orange
HRH Princess Máxima
Princess Máxima is a godmother to Prince Sverre Magnus

HRH Prince Friso
HRH Princess Mabel
The King of Norway is a godfather to Prince Friso

HRH Prince Constantijn
HRH Princess Laurentien
Princess Laurentien is a godmother to Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway

If (if...) all these six go to Norway indeed, I expect Queen Beatrix to join the party as well. I can not imagine her remaining in The Hague while the gotha assembles together.
Actually Laurentien is a godmother to Leah Isadora, not Ingrid Alexandra. But there certainly seems to be a closeness between the Norwegian Royals and the Dutch Royals. Not only are there the relationships you mentioned, but Haakon is a godfather to Countess Eloise, and in May of last year, both Norwegian couples visited Constantijn and Laurentien around there fifth anniversary.

kwanfan said:
Actually Laurentien is a godmother to Leah Isadora, not Ingrid Alexandra. But there certainly seems to be a closeness between the Norwegian Royals and the Dutch Royals. Not only are there the relationships you mentioned, but Haakon is a godfather to Countess Eloise, and in May of last year, both Norwegian couples visited Constantijn and Laurentien around there fifth anniversary.

You are right, I have corrected my post (Leah Isidora).

Indeed the bond is very close. Princess Märtha Louise actually has lived in the Netherlands (too bad no romance followed with an Orange-Nassau prince) and there are the regular visits for trips on the Queen's private sailyacht and holidays on the Crown Domains in the east of the Netherlands (like Naruhito, Masako and Aiko enjoyed, last summer).

More confirmations from Roger at the SRMB who has often very good information on the swedish royals

He says he knows the following is attending from Sweden

Queen Silvia
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Madeleine

And that he is "pretty sure" The King will attend as well

Carl Philip will not come as he is abroad (but who cares about him as he will not wear a tiara or a dress, he will become interesting when he gets engaged :lol: )
http://members3.boardhost.com/scandinavia/...1169075175.html

Last edited:
:flowers:
Larzen said:
Carl Philip will not come as he is abroad (but who cares about him as he will not wear a tiara or a dress, he will become interesting when he gets engaged :lol: )
http://members3.boardhost.com/scandinavia/...1169075175.html

:ROFLMAO: totally... :flowers:

i really can't wait until these celebrations. i read in aftenposten that it's going to congregate even more royals than for the royal wedding of haakon and mette marit. how excting! 2007 starts wonderfully for us!

it's a shame though that some european princesses will be very pregnant by then (maxima, mary and letizia) and may not go. i'm glad maxima's attendance was confirmed already though. now we only need to keep our fingers crossed for letizia and mary.

Last edited:
carlota said:
it's a shame though that some european princesses will be very pregnant by then (maxima, mary and letizia) and may not go. i'm glad maxima's attendance was confirmed already though. now we only need to keep our fingers crossed for letizia and mary.

General comment;I think they'll all show up if they don't have any inconveniences due to the pregnancy (swollen anckles, false conractions and the like), because travelling in 2007 can be quite comfortable. And it isn't that far from the continental Europe to Oslo (that's one of the advantages of having the capital in the southernmost part of the country). I don't think it takes that long to get from Holland and Denmark to Norway. I'll grant you Madrid is quite a way away, but still the travelling choices are many. By yatch, by train, by car or plane. As I've said in a previous post, Mary will come, she's the one with one of the shortest travel distances :) Anyway since this is a big doo, I believe everybody will do their best to get there.

Larzen said:
The Reigening Couple and the Crown Prince Couple will come from Denmark according to Billed Bladets sources.

Atleast if we should belive Billedbladet one of the events will be a lunch at Bygdøy where the dresscode is national/traditional costumes for those who has one to wear
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=4897

You mean that the Royals attending the lunchon can wear their national costumes if they wish to? Or they have to unless they don't have one...?
Well, that'll be awesome! Can't wait to see them all!

Oh this would be really lovely! I would love to see the Danish and Norwegian Royals in their traditional costumes!
(But would the other Royals think? Like the Dutch who have no costumes... :rolleyes: )

So since know we know about following Royals to attend:

• Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark
  • Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary of Denmark
  • (Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands?)
  • The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
  • Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
  • Prince Johan Friso and Princess Mabel
  • Queen Silvia (and King Carl Gustav?) of Sweden
  • Crownprincess Victoria of Sweden
  • Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Last edited:
I don't think Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe go, I think Kings will, K Harald and K Juan Carlos are very close friends, even K Haranld goes to Mallorca every year for the Regatas, so I think Norway King will feel please if King JC go.

i would hope that someone from the SRF would go as Norway had that successful tour with the Spanish reigning couple last year.

I am 99.9% sure that Felipe and Letizia won't go,but the King and Queen will be there.
I hope th cp couple will go for Queen's birthday.

I'm glad to hear that Mary may be going. I wonder what kind of gala maternity dress she'll be wearing. The same goes for Maxima and Letizia if they attend as well. I'm sure no matter what, they will all be very stylish.

Prince Joachim is comming for the celebration as well, confirmed by the danish court to VG , Im glad he does, sort of sucks if he had to stay behind for every event since he got divorced. I guess that mean Princess Benedikte will not be comming.

The article is though calle The Party-Princess is comming, I guess everyone knows who we mean, and if you are unsure you can click on the link and see a modest pic of her ;) The father of the Party Princess is also officially confrmed from the swedish court
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=159685

Last edited:
Larzen said:
I guess that mean Princess Benedikte will not be comming.

Princess Benedikte and her husband are more in King's age group, they would appreciate such a party more so than the younger royals. Norway is relatively close for all the regents to leave the country like they did for Swedish get together (last year? ).

The Dutch have traditional costumes too

Her_Majesty said:
Oh this would be really lovely! I would love to see the Danish and Norwegian Royals in their traditional costumes!
Her_Majesty said:
(But would the other Royals think? Like the Dutch who have no costumes... :rolleyes: )

Queen Wilhelmina in Friesian costume

Princess Juliana in Zealand costume

Princess Juliana visiting Zealand in traditional costume

Queen Wilhelmina and Prince Hendrik, Duke of Mecklenburg

Princess Margriet and Princess Christina with two girls in traditional costume from a region near Soestdijk Palace

So, as Henri M has shown us, the Dutch Royals have costumes to chose from...I really hope they do decide to wear a national costume!
Thanks Henri M for the photos!

At this point the "national costume" thing is just something from Billed Bladet. Personally I find it a bit odd - it is Harald's birthday, and he's never been much for appearing in the national costume at all. If it'd been Sonja's, it would have been more understandable. But then again, Billedbladet claims it is her idea, and Harald doesn't know about everything that has been planned for the weekend...

"It is no carnival'

If the wearing of traditional costumes (there are a LOT in the Netherlands) is part of your normal life, then it makes sense.

I think Queen Beatrix respects the traditions too much to use it as was it for a Bal Masqué. She will never wear a Zealand, Friesian, Limbourgian or Brabant costume, simply because she does not live in there and is no part of these communities with their traditional customs.

Well, I wouldn't call the Birthday of a King or Queen a "Bal Masqué" :ermm: .
But it's acceptable that Beatrix doesn't want to wear a costume of a region she doesn't live in.

norwegianne said:
At this point the "national costume" thing is just something from Billed Bladet. Personally I find it a bit odd - it is Harald's birthday, and he's never been much for appearing in the national costume at all. If it'd been Sonja's, it would have been more understandable. But then again, Billedbladet claims it is her idea, and Harald doesn't know about everything that has been planned for the weekend...
I much prefer a full gala event. It's so much more glamorous.

hofburg said:
I much prefer a full gala event. It's so much more glamorous.
There will be a gala event for sure, the evening ball on the 24th is a tiara and white tie event at the palace, what BB is specualting about is that national costumes will be used for a lunch. I suspect BB has seen part of the program given to press that apply for accreditation

Accorrding to Forsiden - www.seher.no Prince Albert of Monaco will attend. Many of the events are kept secret as to suprise the King as much as possible.
Sonjas hemmeligheter - Kongelige - www.seher.no

mathilde16 said:
maybe mathilde and filip..... king albert and queen paola???
Philippe and mathilde will NOT attend. :ermm:
Belgium will be represented by King Albert II and Queen Paola.

Back
Top Bottom